Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276855 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2022
oloyedprince1:
My
System was very slow, so I had to change the hard disc to SSD, but when I got home I noticed my system would just hang without moving, I went back to the place I bought the SSD, and they reload the windows, but today it was still d same thing when I get home in the night… please what could be wrong
take your system back to where you bought the Ssd and explain to them, they should help you change that Ssd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rocken001: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hey Chiefs, I had a bios update crash...showed battery low all of a sudden, screen went black.....Pls how do i get it back to display...a dell vostro 3500

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 11:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
Foster31:
Good afternoon Gurus. I want to buy a brand new laptop from range of 150k - 200k. core i3 and above, 4 GB ram.. Please give me options to choose from as I am confused.
1. I saw one laptop online(HP 250 G8). Is it a good option?
2. Please what's Intel celeron? Is it higher or lower than i3,i5 and i7?

Thank you for your prompt response.

New Pentium 4gb, 1tb is over #185k

If you're and a new laptop with corei5 processor for that price,consider getting a US/UK used laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2022
rocken001:
Hey Chiefs, I had a bios update crash...showed battery low all of a sudden, screen went black.....Pls how do i get it back to display...a dell vostro 3500

I can reprogram a new BIOS for you.

Always connect your charger whenever you're updating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rocken001: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2022
How does that work?
Udemzy05:

I can reprogram a new BIOS for you.

Always connect your charger whenever you're updating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2022
rocken001:
How does that work?

Building a new bios file from manufacturers website and flashing it to the BIOS chip on the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rocken001: 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
I'm in Warri. Your location?
Udemzy05:

Building a new bios file from manufacturers website and flashing it to the BIOS chip on the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rocken001: 2:04am On Aug 12, 2022
Gotten it to work
similar thing but used a bootable flash with the bios recovery on it and held down END key to get into BIOS recovery
Udemzy05:

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 5:52am On Aug 12, 2022
rocken001:
Gotten it to work
similar thing but used a bootable flash with the bios recovery on it and held down END key to get into BIOS recovery

Cool,it wasn't completely dead,.some will make it not power on at all.

Always plugin your charger when updating even if battery is 100% full.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rocken001: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2022
Bro do you think a BIOS update could help fix a laptop that does not charge . this is on my lenovo l512.
Udemzy05:

Cool,it wasn't completely dead,.some will make it not power on at all.

Always plugin your charger when updating even if battery is 100% full.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
rocken001:
Bro do you think a BIOS update could help fix a laptop that does not charge . this is on my lenovo l512.

It could,try it out.

The SIO controls how the battery is being charged, there's a bios inside the SIO(KBC) on some motherboard it has a separate chip outside,if it is corrupt it can affect charging.

So try it and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MadarasBlade(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ayrastarr:
Please, who knows the price for lenovo thinkpad P50 Laptop screen
15.6" 1080 Ips?

How much did you get the laptop then, i am thinking of getting mine now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayrastarr(f): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Them bill me 50k then.. tho not just for screen

Can't remember the actual price they quoted for the screen only
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MadarasBlade(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ayrastarr:

Them bill me 50k then.. tho not just for screen

Can't remember the actual price they quoted for the screen only

Wow, but i meant the actual price you got the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Unity614: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
Mine just keeps rebooting, what could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayrastarr(f): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Wow, but i meant the actual price you got the laptop.

Hmm

About 150k or so

Shipped it directly from the US.

Then, Dollar was 300.

No Int'l spending limit

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2022
Unity614:
Mine just keeps rebooting, what could be the cause?

Power on and off?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teryene(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Lenovo T440 available 8/500gb
MadarasBlade:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rezmain: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Good afternoon please how much is hp elitebook 1040 g3 battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mdhustletv(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
skydancer:
@bigstar: you may as well ask me what I know about a mouse that disappeared from its cage. You should phrase your questions properly. Is it your wireless connection tray icon that disappeared? Or has your wireless adapter stopped working? Or you can't configure your wireless connection again? Or your computer cannot detect your wireless device? What do you mean you use broadcomm driver? Is it that your original driver stopped working and you loaded a broadcomm instead. It should work though, because compaq no longer exists. HP bought compaq about two years ago, and HP makes broadcomm drivers.
Please my computer cannot detect my my phone hotspot. As in I cannot connect my phone to my PC so I can use my phones data to browse. I've tried to update the drivers in my phone with driverpack17 but it still doesn't work. Please help. I'm using windows7 64 bit. And again, when I try to check troubleshoot, it would say an unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 5:09am On Aug 16, 2022
Your location

mdhustletv:
Please my computer cannot detect my my phone hotspot. As in I cannot connect my phone to my PC so I can use my phones data to browse. I've tried to update the drivers in my phone with driverpack17 but it still doesn't work. Please help. I'm using windows7 64 bit. And again, when I try to check troubleshoot, it would say an unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mdhustletv(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2022
ebab:
Your location

Kogi.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aysnoopy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hello house. I wanted to sell a used Dell laptop. Core i5, 17" screen, 8Gb/1Tb. Keyboard Backlight, neat and working perfectly 100%
Highest bidder
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akinz75(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2022
Good morning guys, pls how can I solve the issue of WiFi always disconnecting?
Have tried so many youtube solutions but all to no avail. It’s running on windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2022
Your location

Akinz75:
Have tried so many youtube solutions but all to no avail. It’s running on windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akinz75(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2022
ebab:
Your location

Lagos
What’s the way forward sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
I tot you were ph. What's the brand and model of ur system

Akinz75:

Lagos
What’s the way forward sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akinz75(m): 2:10am On Aug 18, 2022
ebab:
I tot you were ph. What's the brand and model of ur system

Elite book 820 G2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coatofwealth(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2022
aysnoopy:
Hello house. I wanted to sell a used Dell laptop. Core i5, 17" screen, 8Gb/1Tb. Keyboard Backlight, neat and working perfectly 100%
Highest bidder
Is the system still available?
Good morning Chief.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2022
Akinz75:
Your wireless card might be bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by annayawchee: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please how much does it cost to change the screen or HP elite notebook??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.