Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276785 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
kings20:
Hello, Please my Zinox laptop is refusing to boot. Like I can't get to the user interface. Can't access anything. If it's not something I can do, help me out with how much it might cost to fix the laptop.
Note, I have very important pdf files inside.
Thank you.

Your laptop is seeing the IDE HDD it's likely the OS is corrupt.

See a laptop technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kings20(m): 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
[quote author=udemzyudex post=117092480]

See a laptop technician.

Thank you for replying.
Please is this a hardware or software problem. In your experience, how much would the repairs cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=kings20 post=117095512][/quote]

Installing an operating system is a software but I can't say how much it will cost, because people charge differently but you can always negotiate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
if you are in lagos, i can install a new OS for you

udemzyudex:

Installing an operating system is a software but I can't say how much it will cost, because people charge differently but you can always negotiate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DonNeon: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Seems my PC has crashed finally, it doesn't boot up even in safe mood cry

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by naijainstinct: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
udemzyudex:

I sent you a mail. Please can you repair a pc motherboard or recommend a hardware engineer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
naijainstinct:
I sent you a mail. Please can you repair a pc motherboard or recommend a hardware engineer?

I can't remember my yahoo mail password,I'll have to recover it, that's why I couldn't reply.

What's wrong with the motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by naijainstinct: 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
udemzyudex:

I can't remember my yahoo mail password,I'll have to recover it, that's why I couldn't reply.

What's wrong with the motherboard?
Not coming on nor charging. It's HP Elitebook 840 G6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
naijainstinct:
Not coming on nor charging. It's HP Elitebook 840 G6

Are you in lag?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by naijainstinct: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
udemzyudex:

Are you in lag?
Abuja Sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:12am On Sep 30, 2022
naijainstinct:
Abuja Sir
At the moment I don't have anyone in ABJ.

Modified:

I thought he won't be around since his wedding is coming up soon and will be done in another state.

08055651203 Idris in Abj

He will handle it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hope2014(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Please my Mac Os Big Sur wifi is not connecting with my tecno hotspot again. It juse keeps asking for the password and the password is correct.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyphasound112(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
When I on my laptop is not displaying on the screen.. Please what is the issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hope2014:
Please my Mac Os Big Sur wifi is not connecting with my tecno hotspot again. It juse keeps asking for the password and the password is correct.

Forget the password, then reconnect again and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
cyphasound112:
When I on my laptop is not displaying on the screen.. Please what is the issue

So many things can be the cause but first thing first take out your RAM ( make sure you remove the battery) clean it and connect it back,if you have two RAM installed, take it one after the other and check.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pointblank247(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2022
The hard disk of my hp just crashed and the technician i met could not remedy it nor flash it, so what do I do to recover my files.
Where can i buy an original 500gig HDD.
Im in Anambra, does anyone know the price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Petrobrass: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
My laptop's screen doesn't come on when I on it even though the power button indicates that it's on. What could be wrong and how much would it cost me to fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hope2014(m): 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
udemzyudex:

Forget the password, then reconnect again and see.
Tried it. Even shutdown and on back did not work until I restart. Then it worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lakeview: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
Help me ooo.

My laptop broke into two, the screen part and the CPU part. Its a Packard bell laptop and I've been using it like that for months.

Just yesterday the screen snap and it went off, I tried bringing it on, but it ain't showing nothing. The CPU is working fine but the screen is just black blank.

When I tried to power it on it shows a little and then snap off. Before it went off yesterday, the screen was blinking, it blinked for like 10 seconds and went off, till now its just blank.

Help, what can i do. Who can help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jokerman(m): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
My laptop just put up something again.

I plugged in the power cable, and the laptop came up by itself without me pressing the power button, and immediately went off.

I removed the battery and refill it and it came up itself again without me pressing the power button and it immediately went off again.

When I pressed the power button, the laptop didn't respond
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2022
udemzyudex:

See a laptop technician.
Good morning, pls when using my laptop it hangs alot even when I restart it. And most times Microsoft word and chrome and other browsers usually show "not responding" error. What could be wrong? I was thinking formatting d laptop would fix it but a technician said either d hard drive is weak or I need to upgrade the RAM from 4 to 8 GB. Pls I need a second opinion before proceeding to the next step.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:57am On Oct 02, 2022
akp202:
Good morning, pls when using my laptop it hangs alot even when I restart it. And most times Microsoft word and chrome and other browsers usually show "not responding" error. What could be wrong? I was thinking formatting d laptop would fix it but a technician said either d hard drive is weak or I need to upgrade the RAM from 4 to 8 GB. Pls I need a second opinion before proceeding to the next step.

Download this free app,hard drive sentinel, install and check that HDD health,if it is below 80 ,you can change it and use it as external storage.

I believe your keyboard is working fine,no key is bad? Because a bad keyboard can make the system performance very slow.
You can also upgrade the RAM too,but then if you upgrade the RAM without checking other things,you will see little or no difference.
If your HDD is weak,just upgrade to SSD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2022
Jokerman:
My laptop just put up something again.

I plugged in the power cable, and the laptop came up by itself without me pressing the power button, and immediately went off.

I removed the battery and refill it and it came up itself again without me pressing the power button and it immediately went off again.

When I pressed the power button, the laptop didn't respond

Remove the battery, hold down the power button for some minutes then connect back the charger and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2022
Lakeview:
Help me ooo.

My laptop broke into two, the screen part and the CPU part. Its a Packard bell laptop and I've been using it like that for months.

Just yesterday the screen snap and it went off, I tried bringing it on, but it ain't showing nothing. The CPU is working fine but the screen is just black blank.

When I tried to power it on it shows a little and then snap off. Before it went off yesterday, the screen was blinking, it blinked for like 10 seconds and went off, till now its just blank.

Help, what can i do. Who can help me out

Check flex connection on the board and at the back of the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Petrobrass:
My laptop's screen doesn't come on when I on it even though the power button indicates that it's on. What could be wrong and how much would it cost me to fix it?

A lot of things can cause this, it could be a bad RAM, processor,board not getting the required voltage, CPU not getting the required voltage,corrupt BIOS etc.

You'll have to take it to a laptop technician for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jokerman(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2022
udemzyudex:

Remove the battery, hold down the power button for some minutes then connect back the charger and see.

Did it Sir. Still won't come on when I press the power button... However when I remove the battery and put it in again, the laptop comes on and goes off almost instantly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Jokerman:

Did it Sir. Still won't come on when I press the power button... However when I remove the battery and put it in again, the laptop comes on and goes off almost instantly

Take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jokerman(m): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2022
udemzyudex:

Take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.

OK thanks... God bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lakeview: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2022
udemzyudex:

Check flex connection on the board and at the back of the screen.
ohOK. But how does the flex connection looks like.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2022
udemzyudex:

Download this free app,hard drive sentinel, install and check that HDD health,if it is below 80 ,you can change it and use it as external storage.

I believe your keyboard is working fine,no key is bad? Because a bad keyboard can make the system performance very slow.
You can also upgrade the RAM too,but then if you upgrade the RAM without checking other things,you will see little or no difference.
If your HDD is weak,just upgrade to SSD.

Thank you for the response. the keyboard does not have any issue. i have check the health and its 82%. What do you recommend?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
akp202:

Thank you for the response. the keyboard does not have any issue. i have check the health and its 82%. What do you recommend?

You can get another HDD/SSD and increase the RAM like the technician said.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonididdy(m): 1:48am On Oct 04, 2022
Anyone with an idea what could be wrong with my macbook air

I noticed ants were lodged inside my PC making it malfunction ( sudden self turn off during usage), I opened the system and cleaned them out

Problem still persisted, I checked online for a remedy and someone tipped to take out the SSD card, clean and put it back

I did this and now my PC won't turn on anymore even on full charge as the charger indicator is a fill green
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.