Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265459 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2022
BlossomJey:
I need Lenovo Y520 motherboard, or if there's a credible engineer that can fix mine pls send me a DM. Or reply this message.

WHere's your location? And what went wrong with the Mobo?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
Breezzy:
My keyboard is having issues, it keeps pressing random keys whenever I want to type something. It only becomes normal whenever the laptop's battery is around 15 percent or less. Please what could be the issue?

Where's your location? If you're in Lagos I can help you out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
emaminaj:
I have a MacBook pro 13 2017 that has a bad screen. How much would it cost to change the screen. If e too much I go sell am�

Are you in Lagos?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by larryking78(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
I don't know what happened. This is what I saw on my screen and it was dancing here and there. It may come up normal and just in 3minutes it will start.

Pls anyone who has experienced this...
The system is dual core 1.66GHz.... Free memory 169GB

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
larryking78:
I don't know what happened. This is what I saw on my screen and it was dancing here and there. It may come up normal and just in 3minutes it will start.

Pls anyone who has experienced this...
The system is dual core 1.66GHz.... Free memory 169GB

Use another RAM and see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by finebois(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2022
Good evening house, how much can I get Dell Inspiron 15 500 series battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emaminaj(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Are you in Lagos?

Yes I am
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
emaminaj:

Yes I am
Chat me on 07026793486

I will help you to buy and install. And if you want to sell it, I can help out with that too. I'll get buyer fast fast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
finebois:
Good evening house, how much can I get Dell Inspiron 15 500 series battery

Is it inbuilt or detachable?
Share a picture. Or chat me up on 07026793486.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please help me out

I keep having this on every boot up

Until i PRESS enter, i reformatted the system yet same issues

Help with solution please

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SamuelTaiw0(m): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Samfilo31:
Please help me out

I keep having this on every boot up

Until i PRESS enter, i reformatted the system yet same issues

Help with solution please

Keep using it like that if it boots into windows. If you can't live with it, try updating the BIOS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Keep using it like that if it boots into windows. If you can't live with it, try updating the BIOS
how can I update the bios

Though i can boot to desktop very well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Guys, my laptop is malfunctioning. It’s beginning to take a while before it shows documents while it glitches, the touchpad too clicks sometimes while it doesn’t. I often have to click the windows key for it to work while it stops again. Now the keyboard is beginning to press itself randomly. Can anyone help please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2022
Kehinde2017:
Guys, my laptop is malfunctioning. It’s beginning to take a while before it shows documents while it glitches, the touchpad too clicks sometimes while it doesn’t. I often have to click the windows key for it to work while it stops again. Now the keyboard is beginning to press itself randomly. Can anyone help please?

Just replace the keyboard and watch all the problem go away.

A bad keyboard will make your laptop to malfunction, in some laptop the cursor will disappear, touchpad won't respond well etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2022
udemzyudex:

Just replace the keyboard and watch all the problem go away.

A bad keyboard will make your laptop to malfunction, in some laptop the cursor will disappear, touchpad won't respond well etc.
Alright. Thanks a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Good day engineers, my system is giving me real problem.

The keyboard doesn't work when I power it on (I'm unable to type in the password but whenever I tried guest login, and sign out to go back to the main page, it works fine).

But recently, I removed the guest Login option and now I'm unable to login since the keyboards won't press.

It's HP.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:19am On Sep 19, 2022
AdebisiAdeyinka:
Good day engineers, my system is giving me real problem.

The keyboard doesn't work when I power it on (I'm unable to type in the password but whenever I tried guest login, and sign out to go back to the main page, it works fine).

But recently, I removed the guest Login option and now I'm unable to login since the keyboards won't press.

It's HP.

Just change it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by macville2: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
udemzyudex:

Just change it.

:11pm On Sep 18
Hi, Good afternoon everyone.

Sometime ago, I kept my sachet water on my table near my laptop and went to tidy up something. As I returned, I noticed the sachet water has spilled on the table, and unknown to me, the water entered my laptop.

So later In the day, I tried putting on my laptop, but it couldn't come on. I took it for repairs, and I was told the system has short circuited and I need to change the motherboard or swap for another laptop.

So my issue now is, my laptop came with 1gb dedicated graphics card. So will my changing the motherboard after the dedicated graphics card?
And again if I want to swap for another laptop, what is the current worth of my laptop since the motherboard is bad?
Help a brother please.. cry cry

The brand is Asus x52J. 8gb ram, 500gb hard disk, cybercam, disk player, ba3, screen, keyboard all intact.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
macville2:

:11pm On Sep 18
Hi, Good afternoon everyone.

Sometime ago, I kept my sachet water on my table near my laptop and went to tidy up something. As I returned, I noticed the sachet water has spilled on the table, and unknown to me, the water entered my laptop.

So later In the day, I tried putting on my laptop, but it couldn't come on. I took it for repairs, and I was told the system has short circuited and I need to change the motherboard or swap for another laptop.

So my issue now is, my laptop came with 1gb dedicated graphics card. So will my changing the motherboard after the dedicated graphics card?
And again if I want to swap for another laptop, what is the current worth of my laptop since the motherboard is bad?
Help a brother please.. cry cry

The brand is Asus x52J. 8gb ram, 500gb hard disk, cybercam, disk player, ba3, screen, keyboard all intact.

The best option is to get another board, unless it is a workstation, probably the old ones,you can't swap out the graphic card.

Nobody would want to swap a laptop with a dead board even if they want to, trust me the price it is valued at will get you angry. grin

So if there's another board just go for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by macville2: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
udemzyudex:

The best option is to get another board, unless it is a workstation, probably the old ones,you can't swap out the graphic card.

Nobody would want to swap a laptop with a dead board even if they want to, trust me the price it is valued at will get you angry. grin

So if there's another board just go for it.

Thanks for replying me.
What I deduced from your answer above Is that, the graphics card is detachable from the board, but the new board must match it. But can't really be used for another laptop.
Then I will have to stick to finding someone who can get the correct board and repairing it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oladepoabidemi(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
why does my chromebook operates itself sometimes
my chromebook is 8g can it be upgrade?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:34am On Sep 20, 2022
macville2:

Thanks for replying me.
What I deduced from your answer above Is that, the graphics card is detachable from the board, but the new board must match it. But can't really be used for another laptop.
Then I will have to stick to finding someone who can get the correct board and repairing it.

Unless it is a workstation and older generation,it is not detachable just like the Elite book workstation.

Yeah,you either look for a correct board or fix that one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2022
oladepoabidemi:
why does my chromebook operates itself sometimes
my chromebook is 8g can it be upgrade?

Upgraded to what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vyraldezigns(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2022
Please help me with this:

My laptop EliteBook 2560p has been telling me that windows (windows 10) would expire soon but I have been ignoring it.

Yesterday, I found out that all the files I had on windows.old folder that I hadn't retrieved have all disappeared.

I got confused and restarted the system hoping that it would solve the problem but it started hanging instead.

So I opened it, removed and replaced the hard-disk and the battery to see if it would work.

Upon replacing the battery, two from the four lights it has and the power button light turned on and it has remained like that. But the system itself wouldn't turn on since then.

(I have two pictures below. The lights can better be seen in the dark one).

Please what's the way out?

Cc udemzyudex

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2022
vyraldezigns:
Please help me with this:

My laptop EliteBook 2560p has been telling me that windows (windows 10) would expire soon but I have been ignoring it.

Yesterday, I found out that all the files I had on windows.old folder that I hadn't retrieved have all disappeared.

I got confused and restarted the system hoping that it would solve the problem but it started hanging instead.

So I opened it, removed and replaced the hard-disk and the battery to see if it would work.

Upon replacing the battery, two from the four lights it has and the power button light turned on and it has remained like that. But the system itself wouldn't turn on since then.

(I have two pictures below. The lights can better be seen in the dark one).

Please what's the way out?

Cc udemzyudex

Take out the RAM,clean it and insert it back, unplug the CMOS battery if you can access it.

Then connect your charger, power it on and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vyraldezigns(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2022
udemzyudex:

Take out the RAM,clean it and insert it back, unplug the CMOS battery if you can access it.

Thank you, sir.
Please what's CMOS battery?

And the Rams (2 4gb each) appear tightened. I am afraid I don't know how to remove them.

Meanwhile, they are very clean and dirt-free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2022
vyraldezigns:

Thank you, sir.
Please what's CMOS battery?

And the Rams (2 4gb each) appear tightened. I am afraid I don't know how to remove them.

Meanwhile, they are very clean and dirt-free.

Push the two side clips holding the RAM to the side the RAM will pop out from the socket.

Make sure you remove your battery while doing this troubleshooting,and only use your charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vyraldezigns(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2022
udemzyudex:

Push the two side clips holding the RAM to the side the RAM will pop out from the socket.

Make sure you remove your battery while doing this troubleshooting,and only use your charger.
Thanks again, I have been able to remove the Rams and detached the battery. There is no light now, I will insert the Rams when there is light, plug it in and get back to you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uchaymart(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2022
Good morning all.

I have been a real issue with my laptop. It takes time to boot up, when it finally comes up, no file opens up even as the cursor moves over the screen.

Please help me out.
Thanks �
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vyraldezigns(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2022
udemzyudex:

I have just done this, sir.
However, immediately I re-inserted the Rams and plugged it in, the lights came on again and the laptop still refused to power on. This is the same thing that happened when there was battery in it.

What else should I do, sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
vyraldezigns:

I have just done this, sir.
However, immediately I re-inserted the Rams and plugged it in, the lights came on again and the laptop still refused to power on. This is the same thing that happened when there was battery in it.

What else should I do, sir?

See a laptop technician,if you're in Lagos you can reach me on 08064724259

(1) (2) (3) ... (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.