Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1275490 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jidejado(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
udemzyudex:

How often does this happen?
Very often. Although laptop gives me a bad battery warning
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Malik1338(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2022
udemzyudex:

Lol There are so many Elite book 840, which one in particular 840 G1,G2,G3 or G5 etc
G3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
jidejado:

Not really.... Just normal Microsoft word.... Or maybe because I usually sleep the laptop.. I have learnt to shut down now... But it's still the same.. is it the battery??.. although the laptop gives me a warning... Bad battery

It could be the battery, since you're already getting the alert.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Annahh(f): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
Is it possible for a faulty laptop charger to power on a laptop when there is light but won't charge the battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2022
Malik1338:

G3

Ok it is available.

You can reach me on 08064724259 if you're in lag.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
Annahh:
Is it possible for a faulty laptop charger to power on a laptop when there is light but won't charge the battery?

Very possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DonNeon: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2022
Please expert in the house, I woke up to find this on my PC.... what should I do?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DjSoke: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2022
Good morning all,

I have an issue with my HP G62...... It won't power on unless I plug in a charger. And when the laptop is on, with the charger plugged in, the real percentage of the battery is displayed.

I need help with this, please..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2022
Change your battery

DjSoke:
Good morning all,

I have an issue with my HP G62...... It won't power on unless I plug in a charger. And when the laptop is on, with the charger plugged in, the real percentage of the battery is displayed.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DjSoke: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2022
ebab:
Change your battery

Thanks for the response....

Meanwhile, isn't there any form of troubleshooting I can do to be sure the battery is really dead.

I'm asking because the battery bar shows "charging" and the percentage increases when the charger is used to power on the laptop. However, the laptop shuts down when the charger is removed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2022
Clearly it is battery

DjSoke:

Meanwhile, isn't there any form of troubleshooting I can do to be sure the battery is really dead.

I'm asking because the battery bar shows "charging" and the percentage increases when the charger is used to power on the laptop. However, the laptop shuts down when the charger is removed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2022
DonNeon:
Please expert in the house, I woke up to find this on my PC.... what should I do?

Restart it and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2022
DjSoke:
Good morning all,

Two things could be involved here but first of all check with another battery to confirm.

Start with the easiest first,note don't just go ahead and buy a battery, test to see if it will power on with the battery alone without plugging the charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
uchaymart:
Good morning all.

I have been a real issue with my laptop. It takes time to boot up, when it finally comes up, no file opens up even as the cursor moves over the screen.

Please help me out.
Thanks �
hdd is going bad

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
I need new keyboard for my hp folio 1040 wit keyboard lights attached ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2022
Johnny4you:
I need new keyboard for my hp folio 1040 wit keyboard lights attached ?

Which of the 1040?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
DjSoke:

clearly a symptom of a spoilt battery. if you are not convinced, you can download those battery meter softwares or related softwares to check the current health capacity details of that battery. you need a new battery replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
udemzyudex:

Which of the 1040?
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DjSoke: 12:37am On Sep 26, 2022
udemzyudex:

Two things could be involved here but first of all check with another battery to confirm.

Start with the easiest first,note don't just go ahead and buy a battery, test to see if it will power on with the battery alone without plugging the charger.

Thanks boss....will try that out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vicboy1(m): 3:27am On Sep 26, 2022
Pls about last four wks my laptop shutdown and stopped charging all of a sudden so i took it to laptop engineer he told me the issue is from motherboard and that he will service the motherboard and spray it on sun and put it back and that it will worth me 5k , he enquired me to return next day . so i returned the next day and checked the laptop , i on it and see that the laptop is now ok ,i took it home and on it , it displayed"the battery capacity of this laptop is low, for optimal performance this battery may need to be replaced" but it displayed it only once so i because of that ignored it. I continue using it till yesterday, i on my laptop only for it to start displaying the same thing whenever i on it .pls did the man cheated me by changing the battery. Or is not what i think?, What should i do?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2022
Vicboy1:
Pls about last four wks my laptop shutdown and stopped charging all of a sudden so i took it to laptop engineer he told me the issue is from motherboard and that he will service the motherboard and spray it on sun and put it back and that it will worth me 5k , he enquired me to return next day . so i returned the next day and checked the laptop , i on it and see that the laptop is now ok ,i took it home and on it , it displayed"the battery capacity of this laptop is low, for optimal performance this battery may need to be replaced" but it displayed it only once so i because of that ignored it. I continue using it till yesterday, i on my laptop only for it to start displaying the same thing whenever i on it .pls did the man cheated me by changing the battery. Or is not what i think?, What should i do?

Your laptop shutdown and stop charging.

It COULD be that your battery was the cause of the issue in the first place , you'll have to replace the battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovelylad: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
HELP
my desktop computer boots very slowly then Windows (7) stop responding after booting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
Bosses in the house..
My Dell laptop (window 10) suddenly fail to see any wifi adapter again.

I used it this morning around 6, by 9 when I get back to it, I noticed there's no option to connect to wifi. I have troubleshoot, reset, restart, restore to a back date and all. Yet nothing works.

I downloaded new wifi driver yet no solution. Please kindly help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kola639: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
My window 7 laptop wouldnt boot to the desktop but be restarting and going off continuously.And it will instead display the following:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
3. Click "Repair your computer"

Please expert what can i do to fix this?

I appreciate your kind answer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
falansa:
Bosses in the house..

I used it this morning around 6, by 9 when I get back to it, I noticed there's no option to connect to wifi. I have troubleshoot, reset, restart, restore to a back date and all. Yet nothing works.

hardware issue. the wifi card might have gone bad. you have to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Are you in PH, I can fix it for you

falansa:
Bosses in the house..

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DonNeon: 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
udemzyudex:

Restart it and see.

It worked, but happens anytime I boot up my PC.....I just hope no be crash d laptop wan crash like this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2022
toxatyt:
my computer, which is actually an Hp EliteBook 840 G3 i5, started charging after it suddenly stopped. Not only did it stop, it shows that it is plugged in but not charging. I thought long and hard about how to fix this problem, and found the answer here You don't have to worry if your computer's battery is out of charge, the answer is emphatically NO. It's mostly caused by outdated laptop drivers that need to be updated. When you see the error message on your computer, you will need to go to the Device Manager on your computer.

While this will work in some cases,like uninstalling the battery driver and restarting your laptop for it to automatically reinstall or better still updating it, charging a laptop battery involves a lot of stages.
This is basically just the software part, which is basically just part of the troubleshooting process like using another battery or laptop charger to confirm.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayor3(m): 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Good day, please am having issue with my Microsoft surface book. I wanted to connect wireless mouse to it but it keep loading than expected so I have to disconnected it, I just noticed that the system failed to boot and the screen was like when you're trying to tune a new set of tv for stations. Ever since then unable to boot it will just show surface when ON and went blank without booting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
tayor3:
Good day, please am having issue with my Microsoft surface book. I wanted to connect wireless mouse to it but it keep loading than expected so I have to disconnected it, I just noticed that the system failed to boot and the screen was like when you're trying to tune a new set of tv for stations. Ever since then unable to boot it will just show surface when ON and went blank without booting.

Can you post pictures?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kings20(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hello, Please my Zinox laptop is refusing to boot. Like I can't get to the user interface. Can't access anything. If it's not something I can do, help me out with how much it might cost to fix the laptop.
Note, I have very important pdf files inside.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.