Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267793 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OgogoroDegree: 9:16am On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,
Last night, after doing a few document with my laptop, I closed the lid and left my charger in it. This morning I woke up to continue with my work only to find out that my laptop fan was spinning which has never happened. So, I turned on my laptop, the keyboard lights turns on but the screen won’t. Also, the keyboard lights goes off after a few seconds except for the yellow light on the wiFi key.

I will get a screw driver and remove the battery and clip it again. I don’t know if this could help. Anyone faced this issue before? I need help my people.
It’s hp 1030 g2 x360

Na big Man laptop oo grin
When you say close the lid, you mean sleep mode or shutdown?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,
Last night, after doing a few document with my laptop, I closed the lid and left my charger in it. This morning I woke up to continue with my work only to find out that my laptop fan was spinning which has never happened. So, I turned on my laptop, the keyboard lights turns on but the screen won’t. Also, the keyboard lights goes off after a few seconds except for the yellow light on the wiFi key.

I will get a screw driver and remove the battery and clip it again. I don’t know if this could help. Anyone faced this issue before? I need help my people.
It’s hp 1030 g2 x360
you're not supposed to close the lid like that, it goes into a sleep mode or even hibernate, it causes issues like this. Always Save your work wherever you stopped and shut down the laptop appropriately. You won't have these issues.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,
Last night, after doing a few document with my laptop, I closed the lid and left my charger in it. This morning I woke up to continue with my work only to find out that my laptop fan was spinning which has never happened. So, I turned on my laptop, the keyboard lights turns on but the screen won’t. Also, the keyboard lights goes off after a few seconds except for the yellow light on the wiFi key. Is it a removable battery laptop or inbuilt one?. You can try to perform static electricity discharge from the system and power on back. Google search for the procedure that best suit it online.

It’s hp 1030 g2 x360
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2023
Adewale1603:
you're not supposed to close the lid like that, it goes into a sleep mode or even hibernate, it causes issues like this. Always Save your work wherever you stopped and shut down the laptop appropriately. You won't have these issues.

Most of the time, I just close the laptop without shutting down the laptop due to tiredness from work. When I wake up, I can continue from where I stopped. But yesterday, I go enter wahala
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Na big Man laptop oo grin
When you say close the lid, you mean sleep mode or shutdown?
Sleep/hibernating mode.
If you get solution, abet drop.
Though I Googled one solution, I go try when I get home
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
latiephwald:
Dear Brothers in the house, kindly assist me with this.
MacBook Pro update stuck at less than one minute remaining.
What am I to do?

Restart your update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,

It’s hp 1030 g2 x360

Change your laptop power settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2023
[quote author=Adewale1603 post=123959375][/quote]

Thanks Mr @Adewale1603.
I will try it when I get home and report back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
Vocals:

Change your laptop power settings

It’s not showing on screen. How do do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,

It’s hp 1030 g2 x360

One of the most useless laptops produce by HP.

That aside,I always advice users to always shutdown properly especially if you're going to leave it on sleep mode for more than 10mins.

You can remove the battery and see, since the CMOS battery is in the laptop battery itself.
The normal screwdriver won't lose it, you'll have to get a an Allen key screw driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
emeraldlife:

You can't do that unless it is display on screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OgogoroDegree: 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
udemzyudex:

That aside,I always advice users to always shutdown properly especially if you're going to leave it on sleep mode for more than 10mins.

You can remove the battery and see, since the CMOS battery is in the laptop battery itself.
The normal screwdriver won't lose it, you'll have to get a an Allen key screw driver.

Lol. grin
I thought the laptop makes ooo
I don learn something
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
udemzyudex:

You just broke my heart with this news.
Make I try booting bios from usb and see. I think it could fix it. I will also remove the battery as advised if the first option fails.

Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emeraldlife: 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Lol. grin
I don learn something

This your name sha.
May be ogogoro Dey your eye when u praised it at first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Lol. grin
I don learn something

Yeah the laptop make but even me no fit recommend am for person.

Mk I no just talk too much,na how the market be now just spoil so many things.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2023
emeraldlife:

Update all your outdated drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2023
Vocals:

Update all your outdated drivers

The laptop is no displaying on screen,how will he do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

The laptop is no displaying on screen,how will he do that?

Connect to external display source
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2023
emeraldlife:
Hi everyone,

It’s hp 1030 g2 x360
force shut the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkbell: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello Nairalanders;
I accidentally spill water on my Laptop (Xnote LG core i5) and ever since I couldn't power it on again.

I was told to remove the battery and sundry.
Pls., I need your assistance, what can be done to it to power on back?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
yinkbell:
Hello Nairalanders;
I accidentally spill water on my Laptop (Xnote LG core i5) and ever since I couldn't power it on again.

I was told to remove the battery and sundry.
Pls., I need your assistance, what can be done to it to power on back?

Take it to a certified technician for it to be loosen heated(under low heat), checked for short circuits. Before trying to turn the pc on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkbell: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Vocals:

Take it to a certified technician for it to be loosen heated(under low heat), checked for short circuits. Before trying to turn the pc on

Thanks so much bro.
Can't sun-drying solve the issue.
I have been trying to sundrying it today but the weather in my area is cool.
Pls., If I am to take it to technician, how much do you think that will cost sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Vocals:

Connect to external display source

There's a difference, when laptop caps lock( probably screen is bad or flex issue) or have a backlight issue it will display via external HDMI connector but in this I doubt any,It just doesn't Post,just power on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lilthony6(m): 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
I have a DDR3 RAM for sale. It's 3500. If you not ok with the price leave me alone. Not negotiable. Whatsapp or call on 09053837683. Location is unilag, yaba
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

There's a difference, when laptop caps lock( probably screen is bad or flex issue) or have a backlight issue it will display via external HDMI connector but in this I doubt any,It just doesn't Post,just power on.

lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
yinkbell:

Thanks so much bro.
Can't sun-drying solve the issue.
I have been trying to sundrying it today but the weather in my area is cool.
Pls., If I am to take it to technician, how much do you think that will cost sir?
sun drying it alone can't solve the issue. Don't try to connect the charger or power the laptop on to avoid short-circuit. You've to take it to the engineer, and they have to check and inspect for possible water corrosion or damage and clean your motherboard with chemicals and general servicing,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkbell: 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
Adewale1603:
sun drying it alone can't solve the issue. Don't try to connect the charger or power the laptop on to avoid short-circuit. You've to take it to the engineer, and they have to check and inspect for possible water corrosion or damage and clean your motherboard with chemicals and general servicing,

Thanks bro. But immediately the incident happened, the charger was plugged with d laptop. I quickly removed it then clean the surface and inserted the battery back and it didn't power on.

I spoke with engineer I bought it from, he said I shouldn't have put the battery back and the charger might have complicated the issue.

He told me to sundry it and insert the battery before powering it on but I am afraid to do that right now cos the intensity of sun wasn't High today.

Thanks for your candid advise.
I will hold on till I get an engineer b4 I can try it out.

I am just trusting God for finance.
It really breaks my heart cos I was learning seriously this week on it.

Thanks so much sir for the advise.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OgogoroDegree: 11:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
yinkbell:

Thanks bro. But immediately the incident happened, the charger was plugged with d laptop. I quickly removed it then clean the surface and inserted the battery back and it didn't power on.

I spoke with engineer I bought it from, he said I shouldn't have put the battery back and the charger might have complicated the issue.

He told me to sundry it and insert the battery before powering it on but I am afraid to do that right now cos the intensity of sun wasn't High today.

Thanks for your candid advise.
I will hold on till I get an engineer b4 I can try it out.

I am just trusting God for finance.
It really breaks my heart cos I was learning seriously this week on it.

Thanks so much sir for the advise.

Bros are you into tech?
Or just sch stuff?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkbell: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Bros are you into tech?
Or just sch stuff?

Just learning bro. Video editing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmychib: 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Good evening bosses. Please my Lenovo Thinkpad X250 stopped powering on sometimes ago and I did BIOS reset on it and it came back up again. But recently it happened again and I did the BIOS reset and it it's powering on. No light, no blinking, no sign of life at all. I took it to an engineer yesterday and he said it's the charging Ic and he can't even get the IC yet to change it. Please has anyone experienced this issue or can the bosses here tell me if what the engineer is saying is correct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rik500k(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2023
Greetings house, some few days back I mistakenly splashed water(let's say half glass of water) on the surface( mostly speaker and keyboard area of my pc, elitebook 840g6) I tried to wipe it off, after a min the pc went blank, I turned it upside down and dried to dry with fan + ac, after a few mins it came on again and was showing the windows sign in page, I tried to shut it down but it went blank again and that was all, took it for repairs the same hour this events happened, now the technicians here have not been able to solve this issue, two guys have told me is definitely the board and that's about 100k+, has anyone witnessed or passed through this stage before, I need help fam
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:22am On Jun 25, 2023
emmychib:
Good evening bosses. Please my Lenovo Thinkpad X250 stopped powering on sometimes ago and I did BIOS reset on it and it came back up again. But recently it happened again and I did the BIOS reset and it it's powering on. No light, no blinking, no sign of life at all. I took it to an engineer yesterday and he said it's the charging Ic and he can't even get the IC yet to change it. Please has anyone experienced this issue or can the bosses here tell me if what the engineer is saying is correct.

You reset it again and it is powering on but no sign of light,no blinking?

Pls explain this part again.

Well charging ic does two Jobs on the board, it allows the motherboard to power on with charger ( sending ACiN or acpres voltage to Sio, which allows it to power on with charger) and allow help to charge the battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.