Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278068 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2023
Rik500k:
Greetings house, some few days back I mistakenly splashed water(let's say half glass of water) on the surface( mostly speaker and keyboard area of my pc, elitebook 840g6) I tried to wipe it off, after a min the pc went blank, I turned it upside down and dried to dry with fan + ac, after a few mins it came on again and was showing the windows sign in page, I tried to shut it down but it went blank again and that was all, took it for repairs the same hour this events happened, now the technicians here have not been able to solve this issue, two guys have told me is definitely the board and that's about 100k+, has anyone witnessed or passed through this stage before, I need help fam

Well it's definitely a board issue but exactly is the fault?
Did they tell you what happened to the board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmychib: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2023
udemzyudex:

You reset it again and it is powering on but no sign of light,no blinking?

Pls explain this part again.

Well charging ic does two Jobs on the board, it allows the motherboard to power on with charger ( sending ACiN or acpres voltage to Sio, which allows it to power on with charger) and allow help to charge the battery.
Sorry, I meant it's not powering on after the second time it happened.
Thanks for the update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dexyity(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2023
We always make mistake of putting on our device when immersed in water. Make we try and learn sha.

Simple solution: When water pour on one's lappy, na gbege o. Just drain and take to engineer for proper heating and strategic cleaning or else the lappy is otilo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holarmylekan(m): 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
I intend to get a PC just for watching movies when less busy and little little programming stuff, any idea on the type to get
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rik500k:
Greetings house, some few days back I mistakenly splashed water(let's say half glass of water) on the surface( mostly speaker and keyboard area of my pc, elitebook 840g6) I tried to wipe it off, after a min the pc went blank, I turned it upside down and dried to dry with fan + ac, after a few mins it came on again and was showing the windows sign in page, I tried to shut it down but it went blank again and that was all, took it for repairs the same hour this events happened, now the technicians here have not been able to solve this issue, two guys have told me is definitely the board and that's about 100k+, has anyone witnessed or passed through this stage before, I need help fam
all these mistakes are avoidable, your laptop ain't water proof, you're ain't using a toughbook military laptop. Always avoid placing food, drinks, a cup of coffee or hot water or cold water besides your devices and gadgets, you won't know when you might mistakenly spill it over. Place it very far from your devices, Incase you mistakenly spill it, it won't spill on your devices. All these mistakes are avoidable if only people adhere to instructions.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omosakin: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Please I need the motherboard for Gateway 14.1" FHD Laptop Intel Core i5-1135G7 16GB DDR4

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Omosakin:
Please I need the motherboard for Gateway 14.1" FHD Laptop Intel Core i5-1135G7 16GB DDR4

What happened to your board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thespiannn: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
I need a new motherboard for my laptop. It's a 2007 MacBook 4GB 148GB. Please if you have any information contact me on +2348034827962

Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joesno(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
I want to purchase the romoss 40kmah laptop power bank for my Dell 3540, but I don't know if it will work for d PC.. it's sold for 40k, is there any better option?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IGD2(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
Save money on these popular Microsoft products. (digital download)
Comes with product keys.
You can also just use the product key to activate your existing Microsoft accounts.

- Microsoft windows 11 pro (17k)
- Microsoft windows 10 pro (13k)
- Microsoft windows 10 home (9k)
- Microsoft Office professional 2021 (17k)
- Microsoft Office professional 2019 (4k)
- Microsoft Office professional 2016 (11k)
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2021 (20k)
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2019 (16k)
- Windows 11 pro + office pro 2021 (21k)

Office Visio 2021 & Office project 2021keys available

Contact telegram username @I_G_D
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omosakin: 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Vocals:

What happened to your board?

Water poured on it not powering up again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
Omosakin:

Water poured on it not powering up again

Try and get a new pc if you can.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vicboy1(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
I complained about my laptop battery issues in this thread some wks back
So I went to check the price of my laptop battery which is hp g2 in st micheal market today
I really want to replace my laptop battery that is faulty

Someone in the market suggest I should get
Bechon batery that bechon stays longer than new battery in carton
What do u think, should I go ahead with bechon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Katsuki: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
no audio at all
earphones don't even work

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hayomide19: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
Got a laptop recently. First time I plugged it, the charger spoilt and it didn't charge. I got another charger yesterday, plugged tried it again today. Initially, it was showing light when I plugged it. Right now, it's not charging again.

I'm tired fr. What could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hayomide19:
Got a laptop recently. First time I plugged it, the charger spoilt and it didn't charge. I got another charger yesterday, plugged tried it again today. Initially, it was showing light when I plugged it. Right now, it's not charging again.

I'm tired fr. What could be the problem?
the charging ic on the motherboard or incompatible/ fake charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Katsuki:
no audio at all
earphones don't even work
earphones can't work, cos the audio hardware (which is the speaker) is not even connected or detected, you can see the cross sign X from the speaker icons on the taskbar. There's a problem with your audio hardware, you have to troubleshoot the problem, update the audio drivers, uninstall and reinstall back and restart your system

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Katsuki: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
Adewale1603:
earphones can't work, cos the audio hardware (which is the speaker) is not even connected or detected, you can see the cross sign X from the speaker icons on the taskbar. There's a problem with your audio hardware, you have to troubleshoot the problem, update the audio drivers, uninstall and reinstall back and restart your system

I don't know
The computer makes a sound when it comes on (it's a desktop)
Like a sound that notifies you the system is on
And after that the speakers just don't work again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
Katsuki:

I don't know
The computer makes a sound when it comes on (it's a desktop)
Like a sound that notifies you the system is on
And after that the speakers just don't work again
click on the speaker icons and run the windows troubleshooting problem, it should fix the problem by itself. If not, then their is a driver conflict on the system.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Katsuki: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Adewale1603:
click on the speaker icons and run the windows troubleshooting problem, it should fix the problem by itself. If not, then their is a driver conflict on the system.

Ok thank you

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 12:15am On Jun 29, 2023
My windows PC just blew my mind. I used it last night, then shut down. I've not used it ll day today. Only to try turn it on now and it's just blinking. The keyboard light and indicators by the side. I've tried a hard reset, tried booting it up without the battery. All not working. What could be wrong? How can I solve this?

It's HP folio 9480m

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:50am On Jun 29, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
My windows PC just blew my mind. I used it last night, then shut down. I've not used it ll day today. Only to try turn it on now and it's just blinking. The keyboard light and indicators by the side. I've tried a hard reset, tried booting it up without the battery. All not working. What could be wrong? How can I solve this?

It's HP folio 9480m

Check the RAM first.
If you can do it, remove the battery and use a screw driver to loose the screws and take at those covers at the back.

The small one first, then follow by the Long one that covers the RAM slots.

If you have two RAM installed, remove one and power the laptop on(with charger) you can interchange to see which one works,it could be a RAM issue.

Secondly, remove the CMOS battery connector and power it on,this alone can solve the problem.
Remove it and power it on,if it comes up allow it to boot and shut it down, then connect it back.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2023
udemzyudex:

Check the RAM first.
If you can do it, remove the battery and use a screw driver to loose the screws and take at those covers at the back.

If you have two RAM installed, remove one and power the laptop on(with charger) you can interchange to see which one works,it could be a RAM issue.

Secondly, remove the CMOS battery connector and power it on,this alone can solve the problem.
Remove it and power it on,if it comes up allow it to boot and shut it down, then connect it back.

Net day, same issue happened. any permanent solution? I can't be opening the Pc everyday nau

Thanks. I did this. It's working now. I removed and reinserted the CMOS battery, SSD, and swapped the ram chips, then blew out dust.

Working now,

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hayomide19: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2023
No icon is showing on my laptop screen. I had clicked the lock button, and I can't remember what next I pressed. Now, no icon is showing but the cursor is showing.

I've used the Esc button. Still, no show embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2023
udemzyudex:

Check the RAM first.

Secondly, remove the CMOS battery connector and power it on, this alone can solve the problem.
Remove it and power it on, if it comes up allow it to boot and shut it down, then connect it back.

24 hours later, same issue has resurfaced. Is there a permanent solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

maybe you've to change the CMOS battery to a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chevrolet076(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Recommend someone to help fix this in Lagos or ogun state. It's for 2017 MacBook

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by atesunate16(m): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please who knows how I can reset this, I can’t run docker/vagrant/Ubuntu on my windows because of a setting I need to make in my bios

HP eliteBook 820 g3

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
atesunate16:
Please who knows how I can reset this, I can’t run docker/vagrant/Ubuntu on my windows because of a setting I need to make in my bios

HP eliteBook 820 g3

08064724259 if you're in Lagos,I'll remove it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Chevrolet076:
Recommend someone to help fix this in Lagos or ogun state. It's for 2017 MacBook

Go buy another charger sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

Remove the CMOS battery,I'm suspecting it's an update issue.

Try and install any available update or revert back to previous one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hayomide19:
No icon is showing on my laptop screen. I had clicked the lock button, and I can't remember what next I pressed. Now, no icon is showing but the cursor is showing.

I've used the Esc button. Still, no show embarassed

How about when you restart the laptop?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.