Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272917 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolaani: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
If you need a remote controlled key logger software for PC or mobile phone, send an email to sales@hotlemsecurityshop.com with your specific needs. A custom keylogger that will bypass any anti-virus can be yours at a fair price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmokayZ(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
Pls i tried to formatt my my toshiba satellite wen ever it gets to windows is loading file it just restarts,what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by esorison(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2012
Please, i'm using dell latitude 600 and windows xp professional sp2 and my system do re-start itself and when it reboots it pop up a message sayin windows just recovered from a serious error. Please what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls i tried to formatt my my toshiba satellite wen ever it gets to windows is loading file it just restarts,what can i do
what was your reason for formatting the drive? and did you change anything?
Also what was the previous operating system on the computer? and how old is the computer? how much memory do you have on it? because i had not seen this issue before but after reading a bit online i read that your BIOS might be outdated meaning you would need to flash your BIOS with the latest version that goes to your computer' make and model.

The question about memory is important because im assuming you are trying to install windows 7 and if your computer doesn't meet the basic hardware requirements it might not install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 31, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls i tried to formatt my my toshiba satellite wen ever it gets to windows is loading file it just restarts,what can i do
The CD or DVD you are using is probably bad. Just try to use another one to do the installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2012
esorison: Please, i'm using dell latitude 600 and windows xp professional sp2 and my system do re-start itself and when it reboots it pop up a message sayin windows just recovered from a serious error. Please what should i do?

.Let it restart pressing F8 key
.you'd see windows advance boot option
.select disable automatic restart on system failure
.let it restart again or do it manually
.Any blue screen error message for example 0x0000

Instructions

If no blue screen restart again f8 select
last known good configuration press enter
and see what happens

If still no joy or no blue screen or any progress
make sure charger is plug in so we can find out if
this a hardware or software problem

restart pressing f2 or delete for bios setup
when in bios leave it there for an hour and see if the
laptop would restart, if doesn't is a software problem
if does restart in Bios is a hardware problem i.e.
overheating fan cpu or defective memory.

Last resort is to reinstall windows but not at this
stage until we're fully satisfy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2012
omega25red: what was your reason for formatting the drive? and did you change anything?
Also what was the previous operating system on the computer? and how old is the computer? how much memory do you have on it? because i had not seen this issue before but after reading a bit online i read that your BIOS might be outdated meaning you would need to flash your BIOS with the latest version that goes to your computer' make and model.

The question about memory is important because im assuming you are trying to install windows 7 and if your computer doesn't meet the basic hardware requirements it might not install.

This questions are vital ,please answer them
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akhan1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2012
deji2009(m): Quote Post

A khan: please gurus in the house, i bought esetnod32 antivirus for 3 users but could not activate the key to get the username and password, please can someone help with this problem

.where was the esetnod32 antivirus purchased ?
. How much did you paid for it ?
.Was internet active during activation ?
.Do you have overall control of the computer ?
. what antivirus security did you previously have ?
.Have you removed your current security ?

Answer them in order please just as I have
took the time to write this.

hi thanks for your help, these are my answers to the questions asked:

1. I bought it from Acorn memories & networks ltd in Zone 4 Abuja
2. i bought for 6k
3. yes the internet was active
4. YES
5. AVAST
6. YES I DID
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sambass(m): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
@all my hp mini laptod screen break yesterday so i want 2 replace it but dont knw how much it wil cost me. Pls i need the price of changing the screen asap.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gururguy: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
my pc is fan is very noisy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by esorison(m): 6:34am On Apr 01, 2012
deji2009:

.Let it restart pressing F8 key
.you'd see windows advance boot option
.select disable automatic restart on system failure
.let it restart again or do it manually
.Any blue screen error message for example 0x0000

Instructions

If no blue screen restart again f8 select
last known good configuration press enter
and see what happens

If still no joy or no blue screen or any progress
make sure charger is plug in so we can find out if
this a hardware or software problem

restart pressing f2 or delete for bios setup
when in bios leave it there for an hour and see if the
laptop would restart, if doesn't is a software problem
if does restart in Bios is a hardware problem i.e.
overheating fan cpu or defective memory.

Last resort is to reinstall windows but not at this
stage until we're fully satisfy
thanks so much. I'll give it a try now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gururguy: 9:11am On Apr 01, 2012
nice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmokayZ(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2012
omega25red: what was your reason for formatting the drive? and did you change anything?

its a toshiba p300 satelite laptop,3gb ram,got it 2009 and its on vista and am also tryin to load vista on it,its bcuz sum1 changed my password without my notice nw d person has also 4goten it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henry30(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2012
I need a good Pentium 4 CPU ( 3.0 GHz Processor Speed)

80 GB Hard Disk or more

1GB RAM or more

Genuine Windows XP or higher

DVD ROM or rewritable

Call me 08036043711, . 08075386931, 08025193394.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2012
OmokayZ: its a toshiba p300 satelite laptop,3gb ram,got it 2009 and its on vista and am also tryin to load vista on it,its bcuz sum1 changed my password without my notice nw d person has also 4goten it
so its a password issue well I actually did research for you and found that searching for "NTPASSWD" in google will take you to a site that has a free software that can help you.

by the way did you type in administrator as the user name and hit enter to see if it would let you in? Or even just you "password" as the password?

also why did your "friend" change your PW? Does he have s standard list of passwords he uses because formatting should be your last resort after trying different things.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerrywap(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2012
67 WINDOWS 7 HIDDEN TIPS & TRICKS
1. Problem Steps Recorder
As the local PC guru you're probably very used to friends and family asking for help with their computer problems, yet having no idea how to clearly describe what's going on. It's frustrating, but Microsoft feels your pain, and Windows 7 will include an excellent new solution in the Problem Steps Recorder.
When any app starts misbehaving under Windows 7 then all your friends need do is click Start, type PSR and press Enter, then click Start Record. If they then work through whatever they're doing then the Problem Steps Recorder will record every click and keypress, take screen grabs, and package everything up into a single zipped MHTML file when they're finished, ready for emailing to you. It's quick, easy and effective, and will save you hours of troubleshooting time.
2. Burn images
Windows 7 finally introduces a feature that other operating systems have had for years - the ability to burn ISO images to CDs or DVDs. And it couldn't be much easier to use. Just double-click the ISO image, choose the drive with the blank disc, click Burn and watch as your disc is created.
3. Create and mount VHD files
Microsoft's Virtual PC creates its virtual machine hard drives in VHD files, and Windows 7 can now mount these directly so you can access them in the host system. Click Start, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter, then click Action > Attach VHD and choose the file you'd like to mount. It will then appear as a virtual drive in Explorer and can be accessed, copied or written just like any other drive.
Click Action > Create VHD and you can now create a new virtual drive of your own (right-click it, select Initialise Disk, and after it's set up right-click the unallocated space and select New Simple Volume to set this up). Again, you'll be left with a virtual drive that behaves just like any other, where you can drag and drop files, install programs, test partitioning software or do whatever you like. But it's actually just this VHD file on your real hard drive which you can easily back up or share with others. Right-click the disk (that's the left-hand label that says "Disk 2" or whatever) and select Detach VHD to remove it.
The command line DISKPART utility has also been upgraded with tools to detach a VHD file, and an EXPAND command to increase a virtual disk's maximum size. Don't play around with this unless you know what you're doing, though - it's all too easy to trash .......................................... to read more visit http://computerseed..com/2012/03/67-windows-7-hidden-tips-tricks.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2012
How can I read .obml files on my PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerrywap(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
THERE WAS THIS SITE I DISCOVERED THAT GAVE ME THE SOLUTIONS TO ALL MY COMPUTER HEADACHE.. ABOUT 516 COMPUTER SECRETS, TIPS AND SOLUTIONS TO HARD WARE http://computerseed..com no registeration is needed

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Habidab: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2012
My HPDV6000 motherboard is faulty.can i use INTEL to replace AMD board please how much can i buy intel motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
Habidab: My HPDV6000 motherboard is faulty.can i use INTEL to replace AMD board please how much can i buy intel motherboard
you can but you have to find a board that would fit the case that came with your laptop and you will also have to get an intel processor. so you might as well just get another AMD board or buy a new computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2012
moshoodn: How can I read .obml files on my PC
Google is your friend but here you go:
http://my.opera.com/opera.mini/forums/topic.dml?id=234030
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fudey(f): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
My laptop's window media player stoped playing disc,when insertf u hear some loud spining sounds and after a while it wil stop witout loading n d media player doesnt recognise d disc. Pls kindly assist me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2012
Fudey: My laptop's window media player stoped playing disc,when insertf u hear some loud spining sounds and after a while it wil stop witout loading n d media player doesnt recognise d disc. Pls kindly assist me.

we are pleased to offer you remote connection suport where we can assess
and fix the problem together. go to google and search for teamviwer click
it and to you right you'd see a lady with a big smile and to the left you have
its free version click >non commercial accept all default and reply back and
would offer you a remote connection support. this is the modern we have support some
nairalander very quick and less stressful you'd get to know the problem and solution applied
with you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerrywap(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
do you know that THERE WAS THIS SITE I DISCOVERED THAT GAVE ME THE SOLUTIONS TO ALL MY COMPUTER HEADACHE.. ABOUT 516 COMPUTER SECRETS, TIPS AND SOLUTIONS TO HARD WARE http://computerseed..com no registeration is needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SYLVA247(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,
I just bought a Wifi laptop with Windows CE 6.0 Operating System.
It cannot accept any of the 3G Modem for MTN, Etimama,Glo or even
Zain for internet connection.
The drive don't even appear when I go to "My Computer".

Has anyone used such OS before or can anyone help me on a way to connect
to the internet.

I will appreciate your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerrywap(m): 9:09am On Apr 04, 2012
IT IS BETTER YOU UPGRADE IT TO WINDOWS VISTA, WINDOWS7, XP OR ANY OTHER VERSION BEFORE USING... A TIME WILL COME WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE. YOU WILL THEN HAVE TO FORMAT IT AND LOSE YOUR FILES..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geefivez(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
i am having problem putting on my compaq presario. when i press the power switch. it just flash and refused to come on and the battery is fully charged. i even remove the battery and plug direct still the same problem plz help me on how to make it work thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.