Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271745 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
geefivez: i am having problem putting on my compaq presario. when i press the power switch. it just flash and refused to come on and the battery is fully charged. i even remove the battery and plug direct still the same problem plz help me on how to make it work thanks
What flashes? the lights? do you hear the fan spinning? does the light stay but the monitor is just not on?

honestly i think a person who can see and touch the computer would be the best person to handle this one. i might be wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geefivez(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2012
omega25red: What flashes? the lights? do you hear the fan spinning? does the light stay but the monitor is just not on?

honestly i think a person who can see and touch the computer would be the best person to handle this one. i might be wrong

what i mean by flash is that tge white power indicator will just blink and the fan is not working. i need an help on this urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
geefivez:

what i mean by flash is that tge white power indicator will just blink and the fan is not working. i need an help on this urgently
your problem can be a bunch of different things like the power pack of the computer being faulty or your motherboard is fried or RAM memory issues. like i said take it to someone in your area who can troubleshoot and properly diagnose the issue because if it just flashes and nothing, there is nothing else to go on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SYLVA247(m): 1:19am On Apr 05, 2012
Jerrywap: IT IS BETTER YOU UPGRADE IT TO WINDOWS VISTA, WINDOWS7, XP OR ANY OTHER VERSION BEFORE USING... A TIME WILL COME WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE. YOU WILL THEN HAVE TO FORMAT IT AND LOSE YOUR FILES..

Hello Jerrywap,
Thanks but I don't know how to upgrade it to XP, 7 or Vista. I just bought it brand new and there is no file in it.
If I can see somebody who knows about it, I wouldn't mind selling it off. Operating a system you don't know much about
gives a lot of headache.
Can it be possible to upgrade it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaybashir(f): 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
my mtn modem doesnt connect... Its always says connection terminated nd wont connect...pls help its urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DAVE5(m): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
pls I nid help wit ma system, weneva I plug in d charger while d system is on it'll shutdown,i was guessing it was a virus datz cosin it but ma antivirus dint find any viruz atall,d system doesn't shutdown if d charger is not plugged in though. pls heeeelllppp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kellyblair: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
Pls, i need help on how to repair my hp nc6000. When powered, the fan will blow for 30secs alongside the network and charging indicator, after which the laptop goes off. I met an engineer, he told me that it's a motherboard problem. Any help on what to do, pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kellyblair: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2012
Can MTN modem be repaired?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:32am On Apr 07, 2012
kellyblair: Pls, i need help on how to repair my hp nc6000. When powered, the fan will blow for 30secs alongside the network and charging indicator, after which the laptop goes off. I met an engineer, he told me that it's a motherboard problem. Any help on what to do, pls?
get a motherboard better yet buy a new comp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2012
kellyblair: Pls, i need help on how to repair my hp nc6000. When powered, the fan will blow for 30secs alongside the network and charging indicator, after which the laptop goes off. I met an engineer, he told me that it's a motherboard problem. Any help on what to do, pls?

Take it to a laptop repair shop for further diagnosis and advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2012
D.A.V.E:
pls I nid help wit ma system, weneva I plug in d charger while d system is on it'll shutdown,i was guessing it was a virus datz cosin it but ma antivirus dint find any viruz atall,d system doesn't shutdown if d charger is not plugged in though. pls heeeelllppp

To cut the long story short take it to a shop
for further diagnostics. for example if i have a
car and it break down I'd take it to a mechanic
same as the computer take to a shop alot easier
little we can do here. we dont want to waste your
prevcious time and at the end you ended taking to
a shop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DAVE5(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
deji2009:

To cut the long story short take it to a shop
for further diagnostics. for example if i have a
car and it break down I'd take it to a mechanic
same as the computer take to a shop alot easier
little we can do here. we dont want to waste your
prevcious time and at the end you ended taking to
a shop
10x alot I love ur candid reply but u 4 try help me wit anytin at all wey u sabi, at all at all na him bad pass
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honsule(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
compaq laptop.Presario CQ60 Battery plugged in,Not charging.I have google and tried all sort of solutions proffered,but the solution was just temporary.
could this be battery problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by markie79: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
Help my thinkpad t60 is askin for bios password and i dont remenba the password after i remove the cmos battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
honsule: compaq laptop.Presario CQ60 Battery plugged in,Not charging.I have google and tried all sort of solutions proffered,but the solution was just temporary.
could this be battery problem?

the battery on that model dont last long

get a replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
markie79: Help my thinkpad t60 is askin for bios password and i dont remenba the password after i remove the cmos battery

why do people put password on bios ? when you can remember it in future its always better to put on your account
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
D.A.V.E:

.What's laptop make and model number i.e. Hp 530

.When plugging the charger in , do you feel anything loose

.Try moving the charger inside the laptop and see if you feel anything loose (dc jack)

. try it without battery and see what happened

.do you use generator to charge your laptop

.Use another charger to test

. Is the laptop overheating

.fan running very fast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

the battery on that model dont last long

get a replacement

Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
click run then type in devmgmt.msc

continue and look for battery click the +
and right to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup again

If no joy

go to google and put in
compaq battery test and you'd be directed to
hp website to test your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemisolar(m): 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
guys pls help,the sound on my lappy just suddenly went off. when i put my icon in the speaker it writes 'no audio output device installed' what should i do. i use a f700 compaq presario notebook with windows vista. thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 9janinja(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2012
My laptop is a toshiba equim wit 512ram and 40gb harddisk windows 7 while using it the anytime the ram meter guage reaches btw 80-91 the system hangs and becomes very slow and i find it difficult to operate guys pls help me cos it my first laptop. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:36am On Apr 08, 2012
9janinja: My laptop is a toshiba equim wit 512ram and 40gb harddisk windows 7 while using it the anytime the ram meter guage reaches btw 80-91 the system hangs and becomes very slow and i find it difficult to operate guys pls help me cos it my first laptop. thanks

The minimum RAM requirement recommended by microsoft to run windows 7 is 2Gb. It's either you upgrade your ram or downgrade your operating system to xp. That laptop doesn't look like it's meant to run windows 7 anyway.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:54am On Apr 08, 2012
yemi solar: guys pls help,the sound on my lappy just suddenly went off. when i put my icon in the speaker it writes 'no audio output device installed' what should i do. i use a f700 compaq presario notebook with windows vista. thanks in advance.

go to compaq website to download your sound driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coolguy2002: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
nice topic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funshint(m): 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pls I need urgent help with burning DVD on my pc. After burning d video d computer informs me that d burning process was successful but on re-playing d disc; it's still empty! Pls can sum1 tell me what d prob. is and d solution. Tanx!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:34am On Apr 12, 2012
funshint: Pls I need urgent help with burning DVD on my pc. After burning d video d computer informs me that d burning process was successful but on re-playing d disc; it's still empty! Pls can sum1 tell me what d prob. is and d solution. Tanx!
if you are going to burn a dvd you want to make sure you are burning an ISO. look it up in google. that would allow for play back without just burning the data on to the disc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funshint(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2012
omega25red: if you are going to burn a dvd you want to make sure you are burning an ISO. look it up in google. that would allow for play back without just burning the data on to the disc
Tanx but I really didn't get dat, but perhaps u mean d video format which is PAL for Nigeria. I'm nt hving any issue wit playback but d problem is dat d burning is always successful but when I chk d property it's still as empty as ever. I'm confused!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2012
funshint: Pls I need urgent help with burning DVD on my pc. After burning d video d computer informs me that d burning process was successful but on re-playing d disc; it's still empty! Pls can sum1 tell me what d prob. is and d solution. Tanx!

.which of the burning software are you using ?

.did you copy the dvd into the computer first and
then burn the dvd using dvd-rw or dvd -r or dvd+r ?

what are you trying to copy ? beware of copyrigh laws?

on your next reply detail what you did step by step
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2012
helo pple, my compaq presario fell down and the laptop screen never broke but the screen backlight hasn't been coming up at all. I opened the screen case, i checked the flex: it was intact, on checking the module i saw a small piece of iron it was a magnet. I never knew where that magnetic iron got removed from. But im dead sure it must be the 1 controlling the backlight. Please *house' kindly help me as i cant use these laptop at all witout d screen light. It is working perfectly fine and booting nicely just the screen light is my problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.