Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289625 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOBBDEEP: 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
deji2009:

I would take it to a computer repair centre for it to be examine.

Pls, don't be irked at my late response. I slept off while awaiting feedbacks & infos. I apologise.
Meanwhile I appreciate your thoughtful & wise contribution.
I guess as much to take to a good PC technician especially the one who 'sabi' & 'dey heavy' for hardware.
The problem be say a lot of quacks are parading themselves as savvy. If caution is not taken & wisdom applied, more problem will be added and the original issue compounded.
More so, I am at Uyo ( Akwa-Ibom State) where I just relocated to of recent which means I no 'sabi' nowhere.
Pls sir, if you were to use your experience to guess the nature of this problem, where would you place a bet that the problem is emanating from?
Once again, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2012
[b]
deji2009:

I would take it to a computer repair centre for it to be examine.

Please read carefully

Try a different charger ?

At the back of the charger does it say 19v or 20v ?

How do you charge your laptop? i.e. generator

what make is the charger?

Desktop or Laptop or All in one PC ?

Windows Vista/XP/Windows 7 ?

do they customized the laptop
hardware or software ?

Do you have warranty on it ?

Was it bought in nigeria or US ?

Any Blue screen or error message
when it restart ?

Any damages to the front and back usb port ?

Here' you diags

Disconnect battery, cables
everything plugged in to
the laptop and hold down

the laptop power button for 30 secs to
atx reset it and let go connect just
charger and connect it to the mains
to get power to fire up no battery please

and immediately keep pressing F2 or F1
for bios setup utility once there leave it
for 30 minutes. on the bios page you'd see

and feed us back whether it restart in a loop.
if it does is a hardware problem. i.e.hard disk
battery problems, overheating. After testing it in the bios

Here your next diags

Restart it and keep pressing F8 until you see
advance boot option select disable automatic restart
on system failure and see what happens
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOBBDEEP: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2012
deji2009: [b]

Please read carefully

hardware or software ?

when it restart ?

Here' you diags

everything plugged in to
the laptop and hold down

Here your next diags

Happy Sunday my brother & thanks a lot for not thinking too low or burdensome of me to give a helping hand despite my disturbing you.

I forgot to say that by the following morning when I got to my working place ( I immediately detached the 12 cell battery the evening I noticed the problem ), the problem continued while using A/C power source (charger).
Meanwhile, the battery still gets charged perfectly when connected to A/C source.
I also noticed that if you leave it for a long time untouched e.g a day, it will allow you boot, log-in & use for like 30mins before tripping off. And the cycles of turning itself on & off automatically starts intermittently with no regular pattern ( I mean it can do that repeatedly and stop only to start again 10 minutes later).
I also noticed that, out of frustration & despair, if you ' smack ' the stupid PC, the automatic 'on & off' Poo will start.
I understand a lil'bit of computer world & I've tried few stuffs on my own.
Could accumulation of dirts be a cause ?
Needful to say, the PC also developed suddenly in December 2011 failure of cooling unit to function ( a pop-up message will appear on the screen telling you that that the cooling unit is faulty, that you should shut down & take it to a service centre )
Interestingly & surprisingly, the problem spontaneously on its own got resolved. ( Then, I was at Imo State & it was difficulty locating a good Toshiba PC Service Personnel. Hence, my delay in going for check-up until the problem just 'vamoosed' on its own & me ?, I thank the Lord in response taking it as favour & miracle ).

To answer your questions, :
* The supposed bizman I used travelled to US but ordered it online from Canada ( this checked out with the shape of the mouthplug of the Power-pack cord ).
The system, with the 2 12-cell battery that came with it, bore 'Manufactured in China'.

* The Power-pack is the Toshiba's that came with it. No perceived or apparent problem with it so far.

* No error message on the screen yet ( I even attempted & completed the ' Launch PC repair service ' command that comes when Windows OS Booting is interrupted, and no problem was reported after completing the 'Launch & Restore'.

* Warranty is not something too feasible or practical for me personally. I don't like stress not at all & I don't like dragging issues. I don't even like fixing problems ( because of the attendant headaches e.g see the way I've been constituting myself a nuisance to you ) plus I don't believe in repair except handling it as DIY. I prefer doing everything possible to forestall issues arising which was why I did it in the Pre-Ordering way ( see the foolish me, as if the ones around are made differently. Anyway, it's an experience ).
I usually drop the faulty electrical item but that, I can't do here because I presently live a modest meagre livelihood & means.

* The place I work uses a big Gen-set. The last time I used a small gen-set was in February 2012.

I'll put into action the wonderful infos you gave me in the evening / tomorrow morning because I left the PC in my workplace out of annoyance.

How can I thank you enough !!! ?
I appreciate deeply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebusoft(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Pls kindly send me your freedom configuration settings. I have downloaded the software,just remaining the settings. Send to ebusoft@yahoo.com,thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebusoft: Pls kindly send me your freedom configuration settings. I have downloaded the software,just remaining the settings. Send to ,thanks

Freedom configuration ko bondage settings ni
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Happy Sunday my brother & thanks a lot for not thinking too low or burdensome of me to give a helping hand despite my disturbing you.

I forgot to say that by the following morning when I got to my working place ( I immediately detached the 12 cell battery the evening I noticed the problem ), the problem continued while using A/C power source (charger).
Meanwhile, the battery still gets charged perfectly when connected to A/C source.
I also noticed that if you leave it for a long time untouched e.g a day, it will allow you boot, log-in & use for like 30mins before tripping off. And the cycles of turning itself on & off automatically starts intermittently with no regular pattern ( I mean it can do that repeatedly and stop only to start again 10 minutes later).
I also noticed that, out of frustration & despair, if you ' smack ' the stupid PC, the automatic 'on & off' Poo will start.
I understand a lil'bit of computer world & I've tried few stuffs on my own.
Could accumulation of dirts be a cause ?
Needful to say, the PC also developed suddenly in December 2011 failure of cooling unit to function ( a pop-up message will appear on the screen telling you that that the cooling unit is faulty, that you should shut down & take it to a service centre )
Interestingly & surprisingly, the problem spontaneously on its own got resolved. ( Then, I was at Imo State & it was difficulty locating a good Toshiba PC Service Personnel. Hence, my delay in going for check-up until the problem just 'vamoosed' on its own & me ?, I thank the Lord in response taking it as favour & miracle ).

To answer your questions, :
* The supposed bizman I used travelled to US but ordered it online from Canada ( this checked out with the shape of the mouthplug of the Power-pack cord ).
The system, with the 2 12-cell battery that came with it, bore 'Manufactured in China'.

* The Power-pack is the Toshiba's that came with it. No perceived or apparent problem with it so far.

* No error message on the screen yet ( I even attempted & completed the ' Launch PC repair service ' command that comes when Windows OS Booting is interrupted, and no problem was reported after completing the 'Launch & Restore'.

* Warranty is not something too feasible or practical for me personally. I don't like stress not at all & I don't like dragging issues. I don't even like fixing problems ( because of the attendant headaches e.g see the way I've been constituting myself a nuisance to you ) plus I don't believe in repair except handling it as DIY. I prefer doing everything possible to forestall issues arising which was why I did it in the Pre-Ordering way ( see the foolish me, as if the ones around are made differently. Anyway, it's an experience ).
I usually drop the faulty electrical item but that, I can't do here because I presently live a modest meagre livelihood & means.

* The place I work uses a big Gen-set. The last time I used a small gen-set was in February 2012.

I'll put into action the wonderful infos you gave me in the evening / tomorrow morning because I left the PC in my workplace out of annoyance.

How can I thank you enough !!! ?
I appreciate deeply.
a suspect....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yanni1(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2012
dragnet:
do as sameolg616 instructed....you could also open your taskmanager, show all processes and paste a screenie here too

thanks comrades.

kindly find screen dump attached.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rich4god(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Computer gurus in the house, plz help.... My USB ports on my laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday. I have done all i could and have equally gone to technicians, all to no avail. I use a Toshiba satelite laptop and it has only 2 ports. Plz if any1 knows how i can solve this problem should plz help me out cos i have tried all i could. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okeytex(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Visit this site daily for current job vacancies, Free Browsing on Phones and PC/Laptop etc

Your Best Option to WIN!

- 24/7 Online Trading

- Up to 88% - 550% Per 1 Trade!

- WIN up to 81% Every Hour

- 100% Safe & Secure

- Advanced Trading Tools

Open a FREE Account Now

http://triplecashgenerator..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ImpactWorld(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hi NLders,
Pls I need ur help.
I slept off while using my laptop 2 weeks ago & it remained on till morning say about 4-6hrs duration.
Since. then, d LCD screen has refused to come on. The laptop gets powered, d DVD drive rotates but nothing shows on d screen.
I have tried recovery /new. OS installation bt d screen remains blank.
Pls I need honest & kind opinion of the gurus in d house or anyone dat has had similar experience.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sola2012(m): 12:16am On Aug 14, 2012
Pls any computer guru in the house that can tell me the advantages and disadvantages of a branded tokunbo system over a clone system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:03am On Aug 14, 2012
yanni.:

thanks comrades.

I just saw ur scrren shot..here are my observations:
1.U have a lot of programs autostarting with windows on bootup.
Firefox.exe is the highest consumer of ur ram(270mb)
Reason is,u have a lot of multiple tabs open
2..Iexplorer.exe.(Internet explorer)..there are 3 instances of ie open..ie u are opening in new window rather than 1 window and multiple tabs
3..Also u have nokia ovi suite runnin on startup
4..Avastui..one reason y I never recommend avast to any1 is because its default self-defence mechanism is constantly scanning anything u do(open,read,save) and that way execution time is delayed.in some cases,some pple have pointed out that avast crashes system.
Solution:
1..Click on start,type MSCONFIG and press enter
2.A window would come up wit system configuration.click the button SELECTIVE STARTUP..click on APPLY.
3.Point ur mouse on SERVICES and click,check the box below that says HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES so it can show u only the 3rd party applications
4.U may not be able to determine effectively which service to stop or start but here are the obvious ones..uncheck ituneshelper(trick tin is itunes use BONJOUR SERVICE,APPLE MOBILE DEVICE,IPOD SERVICE)so u will uncheck all corresponding services wit it..
5. Also un check the NOKIA?,click on apply
6.Point ur mouse on STArTUP and click..
7.Here are the usual suspects,uncheck anything ADOBE,NOKIA,QUICKTIME,OFFICE,APPLE(although I dint see RIM in ur screenshot)but I suspect you may have a blackberry so if u do)uncheck anything RIM
8.Better yet,just click on disable all..don't worry,on startup,windows would sort out the REQUIRED,COMPULSORY COMPONENTS to load..u don't need to AUTOMATICALLY start an 'idle' SERVICE u aint using immediately.services are categorised into AUTO,AuTO(delayed start),MANUAL and DISABLE.for the ones u have unchecked,they become MANUAL if not COMPULSORY or REQUIRED so anytime u open such program,it would manually start.
9.When done,click apply or OK when u are done..restart ur system..
10.On a last note,for desired results,uninstall ur AVAST then I saw traces of NORTON(NOBuClient.eXe).which is used by NORTon online backup..pls check the configuration..its possible,it may be set to backup at regular interval.also remember to uncheck it too in msconfig..
If u remain unclear about the msconfig,pls make a snapshot of STARTUP and SERVICES then I advise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOBBDEEP: 3:05am On Aug 14, 2012
dragnet:
a suspect....

Please sir, I don't get you.
Could you expatiate a bit.
Thanks & God bless.

deji2009: [b]

Please read carefully

hardware or software ?

when it restart ?

Here' you diags

everything plugged in to
the laptop and hold down

Here your next diags

My brother, I still say thank you a million times.
While on the BIOS Setup Page, the stuff happened again after about 70 minutes (1hr plus).

The F8 advice, I did but I couldn't stay longer for 70minutes because of workload to see if it will trip-off. I'll do that tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:10am On Aug 14, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Thanks & God bless.

While on the BIOS Setup Page, the stuff happened again after about 70 minutes (1hr plus).

The F8 advice, I did but I couldn't stay longer for 70minutes because of workload to see if it will trip-off. I'll do that tomorrow.
Thanks.

All evidences point to the fact that your computer is overheating. It shuts down to avoid further damages to the motherboard. Probably the heatsink or fan is faulty, you can't do anything until you get a technician to look at it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOBBDEEP: 3:47am On Aug 14, 2012
denzel2009:

All evidences point to the fact that your computer is overheating. It shuts down to avoid further damages to the motherboard. Probably the heatsink or fan is faulty, you can't do anything until you get a technician to look at it.

Thanks sir for your prompt reply.
But if you noticed in my 1st post, I did explained that it is not just shutting down itself alone. It will continue to 'switch on & off' itself automatically without touching the Power-button. If you then press the power button at that time, it will come on but, usually, as soon as the 'HDD-LED indicator' blinks, it shuts down.
I never knew 'Heat-Sink' issues can cause this type of problem. Meanwhile, I equally posted that it has issues with the Cooling unit Dec 2011 which got resolved spontaneously. This was not how it behaved then.
If it is Heat-Sink issues, please, what is the way forward ?
Thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Thanks & God bless.

Thanks.
what I meant was that overheating could be one of the suspected reasons...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2012
yanni.:

thanks comrades.

cant see d screenie...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2012
yanni.:

thanks comrades.

once again, in addition to what our able engr sameolg explained to you, you could just search for ccleaner, download n install....run ccleaner to delete all useless temp and cached files..then click the tools tab and select start up...then delete or disable most of the apps that arent necessary..e.g adobe updater..installshield ..office..etc that you'd see hanging in there.....you could also maximise the ccleaner startup list and take a snapshot so we culd help u decide.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onisade(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
my laptop always shut down unexpected when am busy working on it. This usually occur every two hours interval. Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:05am On Aug 15, 2012
onisade: my laptop always shut down unexpected when am busy working on it. This usually occur every two hours interval. Pls help me
Is your laptop a CELERON.only celerons have the tendency of shutting down when extremely hot or u always place it on ur bed(ie for a laptop that has its vent under the laptop,it becomes blocked wen u place it on the bed..it would become hot and eventually choke to SHUTDOWN.
Another obvious cause could be ur processor FAN aint working or working well!
In any case,its a hardware related issue..meet a hardware technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:17am On Aug 15, 2012
dragnet:
once again, in addition to what our able engr sameolg explained to you, you could just search for ccleaner, download n install....run ccleaner to delete all useless temp and cached files..then click the tools tab and select start up...then delete or disable most of the apps that arent necessary..e.g adobe updater..installshield ..office..etc that you'd see hanging in there.....you could also maximise the ccleaner startup list and take a snapshot so we culd help u decide.
True!I totally forgot about cleaning registry..ur post is a prerequisite to my post.and if our wahala is hard to follow,just resolve it wit a clean format just to be on a safe side..atimes,wat we recommend here sounds so simple but infact a perfection of continous practice over years.soi wld have preferred if we technicians on this site can specify their locations so when pple have problems we can refer them to the technician closest to them,some like that radio program AUTOMEDICs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:22am On Aug 15, 2012
Also,pls wat happened to this dude ZIMDRILL(guess he Is from zimbabwe).aint seen any of his posts..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megawave(m): 5:35am On Aug 15, 2012
ORIGINAL 4 GIG USB PEN DRIVE 4 SALE. i.e PEN + FLASH @ N800 if u are buying minimum of 50pcs. N700 for minimum of 100pcs and above.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2364026956996&set=a.1101935005486.12195.1740058252&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bxcode(m): 9:29am On Aug 16, 2012
Please, my system does not open sum programme again, it always pops up this message....'Server execution failed'. My windows media player, avast anti-virus are all affected, any help please embarassed embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2012
bxcode: Please, my system does not open sum programme again, it always pops up this message....'Server execution failed'. My windows media player, avast anti-virus are all affected, any help please embarassed embarassed

Try downloading malwarebyte from the internet, update it and scan your whole system for virus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hello my computer gurus in da house, my pc has refused to open, its showing -EXPLORER. Exe-Bad Image. THE APPLICATION OR DLL C: \WINDOWS \SYSTEM 32\BROWSEI.DLL IS NOTA VALID WINDOWS IMAGE. Pls someonn help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2012
sameolg616: Also,pls wat happened to this dude ZIMDRILL(guess he Is from zimbabwe).aint seen any of his posts..

am here bro this section is a bit quiet

am hanging around the auto talk i am a man of man talents i do auto electrics as hobby so i fix cars with mechanics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

am here bro this section is a bit quiet

am hanging around the auto talk i am a man of man talents i do auto electrics as hobby so i fix cars with mechanics
plz can u take a look @ my case? Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: Hello my computer gurus in da house, my pc has refused to open, its showing -EXPLORER. Exe-Bad Image. THE APPLICATION OR DLL C: \WINDOWS \SYSTEM 32\BROWSEI.DLL IS NOTA VALID WINDOWS IMAGE. Pls someonn help.

Click Start, click Run, type %Windir%\system32, and then click OK.

Note %Windir% represents the path of the Windows system folder. Typically, C:\Windows is the path of the Windows system folder.
Right-click the Winspool.drv file, and then click Rename.
Type winspool.drv.old, and then press ENTER.
Restart the computer.

Get the full details here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919753
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

Click Start, click Run, type %Windir%\system32, and then click OK.

Note %Windir% represents the path of the Windows system folder. Typically, C:\Windows is the path of the Windows system folder.
Right-click the Winspool.drv file, and then click Rename.
Type winspool.drv.old, and then press ENTER.
Restart the computer.

Get the full details here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919753
the pc dos'nt boot up to ' start' it stops @ 'welcom'. The only menu one can get to is Bios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: the pc dos'nt boot up to ' start' it stops @ 'welcom'. The only menu one can get to is Bios
can you try getting into safemode?

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.