Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284147 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

can you try getting into safemode?
HOW CAN I DO THAT? Am not a computer person, if u know what i mean. Plz direct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: HOW CAN I DO THAT? Am not a computer person, if u know what i mean. Plz direct.

restart your PC and keep tapping F8 till it gives you option where you select safemode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

restart your PC and keep tapping F8 till it gives you option where you select safemode.
yes i am there now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: yes i am there now
select safe mode and see if it will load into windows. if it does, try the step i showed you from Microsoft
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

select safe mode and see if it will load into windows. if it does, try the step i showed you from Microsoft
it brought me to where we v 'ADMINISTRATOR' and 'USER'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: it brought me to where we v 'ADMINISTRATOR' and 'USER'

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

no password, rather am here - C: \documents and settings\administrator>
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: no password, rather am here - C: \documents and settings\administrator>

Sorry i am a bit confused. Did you select "safemode" from the list?

If you did. it would take you into windows environment back. The normal screen you usually see and safe mode will be written on the 4 corners of the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2012
Click Start, click Run, type "%Windir%\system32", and then click OK.

Find the file Winspool.drv file Right-click and then click Rename.
Type "winspool.drv.old", (just add ".old" to it) and then press ENTER.
Restart the computer.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

Sorry i am a bit confused. Did you select "safemode" from the list?

If you did. it would take you into windows environment back. The normal screen you usually see and safe mode will be written on the 4 corners of the screen
THAT ENVIRONMENT IS compketly black with only save mode writen @ d 4 corners nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: THAT ENVIRONMENT IS compketly black with only save mode writen @ d 4 corners nothing else.
FROM THERE IT OPEN 2 ADMIOISTRATOR N USER
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bxcode(m): 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2012
bxcode: Please, my system does not open sum programme again, it always pops up this message....'Server execution failed'. My windows media player, avast anti-virus are all affected, any help please embarassed embarassed
Please i still need help over this problem embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: FROM THERE IT OPEN 2 ADMIOISTRATOR N USER
i click ADMIN it takes me 2 that error page ie Explorer.EXE -Bad Image
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: THAT ENVIRONMENT IS compketly black with only save mode writen @ d 4 corners nothing else.
good. follow the instruction i wrote in my previous message.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: i click ADMIN it takes me 2 that error page ie Explorer.EXE -Bad Image

Can you see files and folders on the desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

Can you see files and folders on the desktop?
Nothing compketly black with save mode @ d 4 conners
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: Nothing compketly black with save mode @ d 4 conners

can you click the start button and select run? if you can, follow the instruction i sent from Microsoft.ignore the error message and see if you can do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

can you click the start button and select run? if you can, follow the instruction i sent from Microsoft.ignore the error message and see if you can do that?

sorry 4 bothering u. The screen is dark. There is nothing like 'START' but Save mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: sorry 4 bothering u. The screen is dark. There is nothing like 'START' but Save mode

what can you access now? Can you access "my computer"?
if you cant, Move your mouse around ,click and let me know what you can access?

This is quite strange if you cant do anything in "safemode". You might have to re-install but that's the last option
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

what can you access now? Can you access "my computer"?
if you cant, Move your mouse around ,click and let me know what you can access?

This is quite strange if you cant do anything in "safemode". You might have to re-install but that's the last option

you see, the new breed of viruses in town these days block you to the safemode too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2012
denzel2009:

you see, the new breed of viruses in town these days block you to the safemode too.
I can't do anything, i think i v 2 go 4 reinstall, but my important file, i did'nt v back up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pcagbaji(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
My new hp with window 7 home is showing 3 days left to expire I should purchase key what do I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
christemmbassey: I can't do anything, i think i v 2 go 4 reinstall, but my important file, i did'nt v back up.

To be honest, you better off given it to someone who knows more about resolving computer issues as you will need to boot your computer in command prompt,check if your computers supports usb without windows and use some command instructions to copy your files TO usb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
pcagbaji: My new hp with window 7 home is showing 3 days left to expire I should purchase key what do I do
Click start ---Right click "My computer"------select properties

It will bring out an interface which when you scroll down, you'll see a button which will ask you to activate windows.

If there is no product key there, check under your laptop or around the side, you find a sticker that has the window's logo on it. the product key is on that sticker,type it in and activate.

If you cant find the activation key, contact your dealer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iykye(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
Can the Internet and its associated tools play a significant role in crime prevention within our communities?

please let us know your opinion through this SURVEY link: http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/999071/Please-give-us-your-opinion-about-using-the-web2-0-internet-tools-to-prevent-crime-in-our-communities
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fadajasi(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
guys, i av a lil prob, i bought a zte visafone modem, connected it to my pc, at first it workd perfectly well, bt wen i tried it d next day, once i insert d modem to connect, it goes off, without shutin down properly, like how tv goes off, and retarts again, it keeps doin this not until i remove d modem, its windows 7 home basic. has anyone encounterd sometin similar? help o abeg
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2012
bxcode: Please i still need help over this problem embarassed embarassed embarassed
Okay

1. Click 'Start' and select 'Programs'

2. Move to 'Accessories' and locate 'Command' right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'

3. At Command Prompt type or copy and paste net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add and press ENTER key.

4. Restart the system for changes to take effect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2012
christemmbassey: I can't do anything, i think i v 2 go 4 reinstall, but my important file, i did'nt v back up.
No need to reinstall yet..call me on 08061679732..we carefuuly extract ur files..also,if its not virus infected..u can repair ur OS..to be sincere,all d proceeds u can't follow online
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2012
Sky-walker:

It will bring out an interface which when you scroll down, you'll see a button which will ask you to activate windows.

If there is no product key there, check under your laptop or around the side, you find a sticker that has the window's logo on it. the product key is on that sticker,type it in and activate.

I guess the guy must have reloaded the system but on installation chose to activate later..the version of the os may have changed from the product key he has under d system..ie home premium normally ships wit basic system,he may have an ultimate now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2012
Fadajasi: guys, i av a lil prob, i bought a zte visafone modem, connected it to my pc, at first it workd perfectly well, bt wen i tried it d next day, once i insert d modem to connect, it goes off, without shutin down properly, like how tv goes off, and retarts again, it keeps doin this not until i remove d modem, its windows 7 home basic. has anyone encounterd sometin similar? help o abeg
I tink u are having a bluescreen error(bsod) caused largely by hardware conflict or incompactible driver conflict..its had to tell what the solution is from what u wrote..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2012
Sky-walker:

...Or contact me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.