Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,262 members, 7,849,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1283920 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pcagbaji(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
sameolg616:
I guess the guy must have reloaded the system but on installation chose to activate later..the version of the os may have changed from the product key he has under d system..ie home premium normally ships wit basic system,he may have an ultimate now
Yes I try to upgrade it to window 7 professional that is when I notice it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
sameolg616:
No need to reinstall yet..call me on 08061679732..we carefuuly extract ur files..also,if its not virus infected..u can repair ur OS..to be sincere,all d proceeds u can't follow online
2 late i v allready reintalled. Tnx. **My files....o ;-) sops*** IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN RECOVER THEM?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2012
christemmbassey: 2 late i v allready reintalled. Tnx. **My files....o ;-) sops*** IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN RECOVER THEM?
To an extent 'yes'..the only things that are easier to recover are your media files,the more u write to ur hard drive,the slimmer the chance of recovery!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmalezy(m): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2012
Hi, my computer always says OUT OF RANGE what do you think i should do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2012
emmalezy: Hi, my computer always says OUT OF RANGE what do you think i should do pls?
It means your system display card settings are too high for your monitor.Right mouse button click on an empty space on your desktop and go to properties. Then settings->advanced and you should be able to adjust the vertical frequency down to 60hz or 72hz or simply change ur screen resolution to something lower like 800x600 or 1024x800 depending on the graphics driver ur using
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Danoosky: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
@All. My hp DV6000 laptop CD drive has disappeared. I mean d icon is not showing on My computer, Only d Harddisk is showing. pls what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Danoosky: @All. My hp DV6000 laptop CD drive has disappeared. I mean d icon is not showing on My computer, Only d Harddisk is showing. pls what can I do?

That's your diagnostics

is either corrupt in device manager
or it's registry not properly aligned

follow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martyns303(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
please i really need help. my laptop is creating images of album arts, what is happing is that anywhere there's a media file, eg music or video it will just create a duplicate of the image of the album art. its not a virus cos it has happened befor, took it to a guy and he just clicked something on the folder and it was all gone, now its back again. i dont know if am making sense, if there's a song say "te amo" which already have album art, beside it will be a picture of the artwork again. its same for all the musics and videos on my pc.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
emmalezy: Hi, my computer always says OUT OF RANGE what do you think i should do pls?

sameolg616:

It means your system display card settings are too high for your monitor.Right mouse button click on an empty space on your desktop and go to properties. Then settings->advanced and you should be able to adjust the vertical frequency down to 60hz or 72hz or simply change ur screen resolution to something lower like 800x600 or 1024x800 depending on the graphics driver ur using

Can you see the desktop, if you can follow sameolg616 advice

make sure the monitor cable is plugged in properly
i.e. make sure is not loose at the back of the pc.

If you were not able to set it try If you are using Windows, hold down
the F8 key while the computer is starting up and choose Safe Mode with
low resolution mode should reset it restart the pc normally and see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martyns303(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
@sam and Deji, can u guys please look at this and help me out please.
martyns303: please i really need help. my laptop is creating images of album arts, what is happing is that anywhere there's a media file, eg music or video it will just create a duplicate of the image of the album art. its not a virus cos it has happened befor, took it to a guy and he just clicked something on the folder and it was all gone, now its back again. i dont know if am making sense, if there's a song say "te amo" which already have album art, beside it will be a picture of the artwork again. its same for all the musics and videos on my pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
martyns303: @sam and Deji, can u guys please look at this and help me out please.

having read your post and spending precious time to researched, I concluded this
a known issue on Sony vaio Laptop. By any chance, is your computer a Vaio?
It appears that users who own Vaio face the problem when running Vaio content analyzer software.

click start and look for run type in mrt press enter and select
quick scan to run microsoft own scanner. if you have already ran
malwarebyte, superantispyware or your own scanner then disregard this

To fix this issue, uncheck the following settings in Vaio Content Analyzer.
Video analysis
Picture analysis
Music analysis
That should do the trick.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martyns303(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
deji2009:

having read your post and spending precious time to researched, I concluded this
a known issue on Sony vaio Laptop. By any chance, is your computer a Vaio?
It appears that users who own Vaio face the problem when running Vaio content analyzer software.

click start and look for run type in mrt press enter and select
quick scan to run microsoft own scanner. if you have already ran
malwarebyte, superantispyware or your own scanner then disregard this

To fix this issue, uncheck the following settings in Vaio Content Analyzer.
Video analysis
Picture analysis
Music analysis
That should do the trick.
am using Samsung rv510 and I can't find where to uncheck the analysis.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2012
[quote author=martyns303][/quote]

we tell you what to do ok
rather telling us your
machine is not infected it
create confusion just run a
virus scan and also is sthis windows xp or vista

do you have norton or limewire instaalled ?
gd night
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martyns303(m): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
i've got kapersky. really it has brought up this kind of problem befor and the guy i showed it to just opened a folder and did some clicking, and it was back to normal, i was silly enough not to have learnt what he was doing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 20, 2012
Hard drive problem:
I changed my hdd afta it failed to boot to windows(corrupt OS, i guess).
Now, i want to access my files it.
i have since converted to an external hdd using an IDE cable but i can't access d content of d hdd.
It says i have to format it first.
Pls help me, i don't want to lose my documents.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2012
@ martyns303

Here is my final take on this, if the guy fix the problem it
should be gone. the problem would repeat itselt only if it

was partially fix. what you can als do is run system
restore to when it weas last working click start run and type

in rstrui press enter to continue pick a date when it
was last working and follow on screen instructions

if no joy google malwarebytes and download it user it to scan
for viruses and follow on screen instrctions to complete
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by christemmbassey(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
sameolg616:
To an extent 'yes'..the only things that are easier to recover are your media files,the more u write to ur hard drive,the slimmer the chance of recovery!
plz am all ears at least i can recover my videos. Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mallamovye(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
sameolg616:
...Or contact me!

pls help me out i dont really know what is wrong with my desktop (hp) i am using it on nepa light so when they took light i now start our gen to contineou my work. So they latter brought back the light so i decide to change it back to nepa the system now went off. I tryed to re-boot it again, it only blinks out power light once and it will not start. when i press the power butten it keep on repeatting the same thing. So we change the system power supply no possible result it repeated the same thing. Pls what will i do now i need ur help thankz to all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mallamovye:

pls help me out i dont really know what is wrong with my desktop (hp) i am using it on nepa light so when they took light i now start our gen to contineou my work. So they latter brought back the light so i decide to change it back to nepa the system now went off. I tryed to re-boot it again, it only blinks out power light once and it will not start. when i press the power butten it keep on repeatting the same thing. So we change the system power supply no possible result it repeated the same thing. Pls what will i do now i need ur help thankz to all.

Please follow this set of instructions.

disconnect power cable from the back of the pc
monitor cable, usb cable, printer cable, usb sticks
everything that it is attached to the back and front of the
pc so that we have the pc on is own with nothing connected at all

just ordinary pc only we know you've disconnected everything, this process is called
power atx reset
hold and press down the pc power button
for 30secs and let it go connect just power cable and monitor and tried
power on and start windows normally
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomiwa20(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2012
Pls help me guys,I have a p4 desktop but I left it for some while cos I travelled. Now I was trying to put it on.it just showing a red ligth and it blinks but it nt coming up. No sound of d fan now to talk of booting.I then opened it and dere was a green ligth on d board but it not still coming up.pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aladenika123: 11:50am On Aug 21, 2012
Pls kindly send me your freedom configuration settings. I have downloaded the software,just remaining the settings. Send to ayoolaaladenika@yahoo.com, i have problem with my pc i have formatted it for many time but steal is still dis same thing pc is sometime blinking in monitor very slow to boot and the size of the memory is 512 why he has high speed of chip thanks and how to use command send it to me any body that has the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aladenika123: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
h
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
kaznoit: get d latest premium link generator here..and enjoy dowmloads frm rapidshare n mega uploads witawt wasting tym..njoy yl it lasts

Do not click on the link. its a virus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimtall: Hard drive problem:
I changed my hdd afta it failed to boot to windows(corrupt OS, i guess).
Now, i want to access my files it.
i have since converted to an external hdd using an IDE cable but i can't access d content of d hdd.
It says i have to format it first.
Pls help me, i don't want to lose my documents.
Don't format it..your allocation table is bad only..call me on 08061679732..so we can regenerate the hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
Mallamovye:

Meet a hardware technician.u have run DC across ur motherboard.pray d motherboard aint damaged..here is a self test..remove the battery,then plug in the adaptor..2nd test,get another charger and test ur laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
tomiwa20: Pls help me guys,I have a p4 desktop but I left it for some while cos I travelled. Now I was trying to put it on.it just showing a red ligth and it blinks but it nt coming up. No sound of d fan now to talk of booting.I then opened it and dere was a green ligth on d board but it not still coming up.pls help me
Meet a hardware tech or u can simply remove the memory(warning,disconnect the ac cable first else ur motherboard wld catch fire if d system mistakingly comes on)and blow it then insert it back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chokolee(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hello peeps...My laptop is just getting extra hot unnecessarily, it gets hot 3munites after u booth it..that makes it 2 hang most of the times...The fan seems to be running too fast, so i think that also are linked together..Plz wat is its problem, and how can i solve it..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
hello
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Chokolee: Hello peeps...My laptop is just getting extra hot unnecessarily, it gets hot 3munites after u booth it..that makes it 2 hang most of the times...The fan seems to be running too fast, so i think that also are linked together..Plz wat is its problem, and how can i solve it..thanks

The laptop need dismantling, so take it to a repair centre

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.