Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277784 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chokolee(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
deji2009:

The laptop need dismantling, so take it to a repair centre
Thanks man..im greatful
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by reportnaija(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
How can i connect my blackberry with my pc internet to browse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 22, 2012
SELF EXPLAINATORY MANUAL ON LAPTOP REPAIR OF ANY KIND
(PURE HARDWARE) IF U NEED IT JUST MSG at joyadeyemii@gmail.com
and u will get it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chinwemine(m): 9:30am On Aug 22, 2012
Please i need a help when i put on my laptop it shows battery warning and that my battery need repair. hw do i go about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
chinwemine: Please i need a help when i put on my laptop it shows battery warning and that my battery need repair. hw do i go about it
Replace the battery and ensure ur laptop is charging properly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
chinwemine: Please i need a help when i put on my laptop it shows battery warning and that my battery need repair. hw do i go about it

sameolg616:
Replace the battery and ensure ur laptop is charging properly

As simple as that but would also mention the battery error message. something
like this. "please replace your battery or contact customer service". The laptop wouldn't
displayed battery warning and that my battery need repair. There should be an error message
generated by the laptop
. Is this Hp laptop as they have inbuilt diagnostics tool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DonLala1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Grt Nairalanders. I need help. I recently scanned my desktop and asked dat d virus be deleted. When I tried to login to my desktop after inputing my password, the system says loading your settings then says loggin g off, then the system will ask me to input my password again and the cycle goes round like that. Please can anybody assist me on how to solve this problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Don Lala: Grt Nairalanders. I need help. I recently scanned my desktop and asked dat d virus be deleted. When I tried to login to my desktop after inputing my password, the system says loading your settings then says loggin g off, then the system will ask me to input my password again and the cycle goes round like that. Please can anybody assist me on how to solve this problem.

Make and model of computer or laptop please ?

what version of scanner do you used ? i.e.
norton, bitdefender.Xp or vista

when did this start ? ever happen before

With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is
booting you will get a stuck key message.

If this occurs, instead of pressing and
holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key"
continuously until you get the startup menu.

select safe mode and press enter and wait.
The display will be bigger, that's normal.
Put your password and see what happens

if it restart f8 again choose safe mode
with command prompt is like a black box
type in chkdsk and press enter wait
for it to finish

if it restart again press f8 [/b]and
see if you can choose repair
your computer if only you're using
windows vita or windows 7. if windows xp
and after trying safe mode it still restart
in a loop then see if you can get windwows
xp i.e.home edition, professional edition
depend on which one you have and trying running
it to repair the boot sector mbr

caution, please get back to us for further information

or take it to a shop to get your [b]data backup

Last resort is to take the laptop back to default settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SimplyAlfy: 4:56am On Aug 23, 2012
Please I'm in real dismay,first I must thank and praise you for this thread. Now the cause for my dismay;while trying to fix a memory hardware(Ram) to upgrade my laptop computer at a time showed me a BSOD then afterwards it comes on but doesn't boot(fan rolls,hard drive clicks,)other indicator light comes on except the processor light,but I got to know of the hold down the on button for 30secs without,I gues it worked cos my laptop powered up for couple of mins then went off. Now,the laptop after a while comes on for the first time but after couple of mins goes off and subsequent turn on doesn't go pass booting before going off.please I really need help,cos this not happening at this time when I am flat broke and really need a pc,hope it isn't motherboard issue.waiting on ur response.Thank you so much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Simply Alfy: Please I'm in real dismay,first I must thank and praise you for this thread. Now the cause for my dismay;while trying to fix a memory hardware(Ram) to upgrade my laptop computer at a time showed me a BSOD then afterwards it comes on but doesn't boot(fan rolls,hard drive clicks,)other indicator light comes on except the processor light,but I got to know of the hold down the on button for 30secs without,I gues it worked cos my laptop powered up for couple of mins then went off. Now,the laptop after a while comes on for the first time but after couple of mins goes off and subsequent turn on doesn't go pass booting before going off.please I really need help,cos this not happening at this time when I am flat broke and really need a pc,hope it isn't motherboard issue.waiting on ur response.Thank you so much.

Is it possible to get another memory and try it? The symptoms you saying sounds familiar to memory problems. Maybe the ram you kept is not compatible or something.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aladenika123: 10:52am On Aug 23, 2012
Pls can sumbdy help with dis my tecno t9 problem I reset it now in the screen is not showing any tin again what is showing is click anywhere on the screen with your stylus to start calibration I have been doing it for severe time now but is not display pls help me with problem .sent it to my e-mail-ayoolaaladenika@yahoo.com or phone 0806501773
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
Simply Alfy: Please I'm in real dismay,first I must thank and praise you for this thread. Now the cause for my dismay;while trying to fix a memory hardware(Ram) to upgrade my laptop computer at a time showed me a BSOD then afterwards it comes on but doesn't boot(fan rolls,hard drive clicks,)other indicator light comes on except the processor light,but I got to know of the hold down the on button for 30secs without,I gues it worked cos my laptop powered up for couple of mins then went off. Now,the laptop after a while comes on for the first time but after couple of mins goes off and subsequent turn on doesn't go pass booting before going off.please I really need help,cos this not happening at this time when I am flat broke and really need a pc,hope it isn't motherboard issue.waiting on ur response.Thank you so much.

take off the ram you added and check this this site to guide you with compatible RAM

http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/index.aspx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
It is due to compatibility problem. The RAM you upgrade with is either bad, the frequency is higher or others. Google on your particular system RAM.

If you are still finding it difficult to get around finding solution visit this link http://all4naija..com/2012/05/how-to-upgrade-system-ramrandom-access.html for more information.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mallamovye(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2012
sameolg616:
Meet a hardware technician.u have run DC across ur motherboard.pray d motherboard aint damaged..here is a self test..remove the battery,then plug in the adaptor..2nd test,get another charger and test ur laptop
I didn't u pls enlight me more
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anuz: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2012
Hey aos, pls I would appreciate if a can get a license key for USB Disk Security, version 6.0.0.126
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mallamovye(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2012
deji2009:

Please follow this set of instructions.

disconnect power cable from the back of the pc
monitor cable, usb cable, printer cable, usb sticks
everything that it is attached to the back and front of the
pc so that we have the pc on is own with nothing connected at all

just ordinary pc only we know you've disconnected everything, this process is called
power atx reset
hold and press down the pc power button
for 30secs and let it go connect just power cable and monitor and tried
power on and start windows normally
yes i tryed it and it still remain the same, all the fan inside were not rotating. And the green light on the board keeps on blinkings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JFACTOR1(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2012
Dearest Gurus, deleting my "windows.old folder" is screwing me up. It's consuming reasonable size of my disk and it appears to be full of virus. Pls I need help on how to delete it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2012
J-FACTOR:
Dearest Gurus, deleting my "windows.old folder" is screwing me up. It's consuming reasonable size of my disk and it appears to be full of virus. Pls I need help on how to delete it. Thanks
start in safe mode then 'shift + delete'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2012
Mallamovye:
yes i tryed it and it still remain the same, all the fan inside were not rotating. And the green light on the board keeps on blinkings.

And the green light on the board keeps on blinkings [/b]or a green was blinking ?

Did you opened this pc how then did you know there a green light inside or does it

have a transparent casing?. fan not rotating, [b]has there been a sudden loss of

power recently
, use of generator. do you use stabilizer ?

last resort is to take it to a repair centre
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2012
J-FACTOR:

How can you justify that the windows.old is full of virus ?
i.e already ran a scan and a virus was found. seems you have
a previous o/s i.e. xp, to vista to windows 7 or vice versa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aceblackpearl: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2012
I NEED HELP , SOME KEYS ARE NOT WORKING ON MY HP MINI 110 notebook .how can I rectify it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JFACTOR1(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2012
deji2009:

How can you justify that the windows.old is full of virus ?
i.e already ran a scan and a virus was found. seems you have
a previous o/s i.e. xp, to vista to windows 7 or vice versa

I've run an avast scan on it. It found about 5 virus(es). I've not used Windows XP or Vista on the system. It's been all windows 7. If I want to delete windows.old it will say I need "administrative permission" what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JFACTOR1(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2012
dragnet:

thanks a lot, I'll give it a trial and get back to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2012
J-FACTOR:

I've run an avast scan on it. It found about 5 virus(es). I've not used Windows XP or Vista on the system. It's been all windows 7. If I want to delete windows.old it will say I need "administrative permission" what can I do

dragnet:

That's a lot better, next time always give full explanation
to any computer problems. i.e. telling a doctor i am not feeling
well, the doctor would need more explanation than that.

This is the same as a computer. try the safe mode first if
not google malwarebyte go to the windows.old and right
click on it and scan with malwarebyte follow on screen
instruction to remove and quarantine the virus

You would need admin password to delete windows. old, so
please enter your password. if unable to do so google turn off

uac in windows 7 to disable the permission but remember to
turn it back on

further inforrmation on windows .old can be found at

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/what-is-windows-old-folder-and-how-to-remove-it/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SimplyAlfy: 3:46am On Aug 26, 2012
all4naija: It is due to compatibility problem. The RAM you upgrade with is either bad, the frequency is higher or others. Google on your particular system RAM.

If you are still finding it difficult to get around finding solution visit this link http://all4naija..com/2012/05/how-to-upgrade-system-ramrandom-access.html for more information.
Thanks so much for ur response but hp its no mother-board related issue?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SimplyAlfy: 3:47am On Aug 26, 2012
all4naija: It is due to compatibility problem. The RAM you upgrade with is either bad, the frequency is higher or others. Google on your particular system RAM.

Thanks so much for ur response but hp its no mother-board related issue?.Agn thanks alot apreciate u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SimplyAlfy: 3:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Sky-walker:

Is it possible to get another memory and try it? The symptoms you saying sounds familiar to memory problems. Maybe the ram you kept is not compatible or something.
.Yea gave it to a friend engineer who change or should i say stole my ram it work in front of him but for me to turn it off and get back,same o! Same! Is it tht d ram got bad again if so wat could be causing it?.thanx for ur response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2012
Simply Alfy: .Yea gave it to a friend engineer who change or should i say stole my ram it work in front of him but for me to turn it off and get back,same o! Same! Is it tht d ram got bad again if so wat could be causing it?.thanx for ur response

Simply Alfy

My fellow techichnicians had advised that you check the ram, as this
is the number one thing a Csr usually check for.Please do as told.

If this is hp, please try restartig the laptop and press F10
or F1 for bios, if you can enter bios it meas mainboard is ok"

Scroll down to diagnostics and select memory test. if the option is not
available you can google memtest to download to a cd and run memory test.

please refer to instructions. Lets established the make and model of the
laptop/pc. for example toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista Home premium

The blue screen of death will display physical memory dump 0x0000c000

what's error message did you get ? how about the engr removing the hard drive,

do we get a blue screen ? Here at nairaland, we can only provide 1st basic and
2nd line advanced diagnsotics and if it is hardware problem we will advice you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
anuz: Hey aos, pls I would appreciate if a can get a license key for USB Disk Security, version 6.0.0.126
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
J-FACTOR:
As I always say..let the professional do his job,desist from do it urself..wen u installed,windows must have prompted u that there is an existing installation..and u chose to install into a new directory..problem is..windows.old folder contains system files that windows wld not allow u to delete..the easiest way for me is to mount dat drive on linux and delete everytin or boot in dos and use dos commander to delete..

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ozilxavier and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.