Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277934 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ukachimo: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
How do l get a pc running with American MegaTrends BIOS system(NTFS format) to recorgnise a harddisk formatted on another pc running on COMPAQ BIOS system (FAT Format? Anytime l try to swap the harddrive, l get NTDRTL Missing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
ukachimo: How do l get a pc running with American MegaTrends BIOS system(NTFS format) to recorgnise a harddisk formatted on another pc running on COMPAQ BIOS system (FAT Format? Anytime l try to swap the harddrive, l get NTDRTL Missing.
It simply means it couldn't find that particular file to identify the booting process. It is caused by many things though. What you will have to do is try to do system repair or new installation with a genuine Windows CD or DVD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
I know its working because I copied it from my browser....may be you should visit it on a computer if you aint doing it on one already and also try to visit the home page without the downloads.php, just the zinoxtechnologies
yesss bossssss...thanks am so grateful nw the audio and the vga are perfectly working...thanks am so grateful...more blessing

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Monoxide(m): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
My hp dv6 6co1se motherboard is faulty,it got burned while i was charging the laptop with a fake charger.Pls i would to like hw much and where i can fix it in abuja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2013
Monoxide: My hp dv6 6co1se motherboard is faulty,it got burned while i was charging the laptop with a fake charger.Pls i would to like hw much and where i can fix it in abuja

22-25k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
Can i increase the ram size of my laptop. its 504mb and 1.6ghz processor...if i can, how?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
Debeloved87: Can i increase the ram size of my laptop. its 504mb and 1.6ghz processor...if i can, how?
sure, RAM is just an hardware which can be upgraded or down-graded since you have 512MB installed(believing its just one single 512MB) you can either get another 312MB installed to make it 1GB (there are more than one slot for RAM)or get a single 1GB, 2GB and so on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by showietee: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
help needed house! Whenever my pc hibernate by itself, it doesn't turn on again no matter the attempt i make. Thoug, that has happened be4 in the past but it stopped when my pc was restored. But the prob has resurfaced again. Pls your help needed. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
showietee: help needed house! Whenever my pc hibernate by itself, it doesn't turn on again no matter the attempt i make. Thoug, that has happened be4 in the past but it stopped when my pc was restored. But the prob has resurfaced again. Pls your help needed. Thanks.
Download and install latest video drivers for your system and video card! also you can try changing your resolution. also try cleaning up your system by doing disk clean up and defragmentation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alluson(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
I dont know if i should be writing this here but i think am out of option, i bought a new laptop which is windows 8 single language but it keeps asking of the activation code which i dont have. Can any one please help me out with activation key so i can be able to use it...my email address is donchuddy2009@gmail.com. Please i really need ur help even if it is activation by phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by showietee: 7:59am On Mar 29, 2013
adewasco2k:
Download and install latest video drivers for your system and video card! also you can try changing your resolution. also try cleaning up your system by doing disk clean up and defragmentation

Thanks bro, but where and how?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2013
alluson: I dont know if i should be writing this here but i think am out of option, i bought a new laptop which is windows 8 single language but it keeps asking of the activation code which i dont have. Can any one please help me out with activation key so i can be able to use it...my email address is donchuddy2009@gmail.com. Please i really need ur help even if it is activation by phone

The sell activation keys for windows 8.

But since it came as an OEM...i.e from the manufacturer I see why it wont be activated already.

BEst bet is take it back to where you bought it and ask they activate it, It's part of the money you paid for the damned system bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2013
showietee:

Thanks bro, but where and how?

Whats the system model??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2013
Sweetdoct247: Pls help, my HP evny 14 trackpad is not working, I've tried a hard reset, reinstalled the os Win 7 premium several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the trackpad driver from the recovery application several times still no joy, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the synaptics touchpad driver with the latest version, the light indicator at the upper left corner of the touchpad has refused to come up no matter how many taps. A look into the device manager says the "device is working properly" However I've noticed that in deveice setting - mouse properties there is no option to either "Enable" or "Disable" device. I simply don't know what to do again. An external usb mouse however works properly and that is what I've been using since this issue started. U professional opinions will be appreciated thanks
still waiting for a response pls gurus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2013
adewasco2k:
sure, RAM is just an hardware which can be upgraded or down-graded since you have 512MB installed(believing its just one single 512MB) you can either get another 312MB installed to make it 1GB (there are more than one slot for RAM)or get a single 1GB, 2GB and so on.
pls where can i get it and how much does it go for. Do they sell it at computer village?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by flama(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gurus in the house pls help, i just changed the hard drive of my HP Dv3, and i can't get all the initial function again, even the fingerprint also is not working anymore. I've lost the recovery disk that came with laptop. Pls how can get all this function back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boyoo922(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
I have problem with my Laptop,it keeps hanging all the time,I have reloaded d OS many times but it still always thesame thing.kindly give a helping hand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
flama: Gurus in the house pls help, i just changed the hard drive of my HP Dv3, and i can't get all the initial function again, even the fingerprint also is not working anymore. I've lost the recovery disk that came with laptop. Pls how can get all this function back.

First was the old hard disk damaged? Is NO, all you need to get your PC runing well is inside...the DRIVERS....so I will say if you have the old hard disk and its still working, get an adaptor, connect the old hard disk to your PC look at this directory....C:/SwSetup copt the folder "Swsetup" all the drivers are inside.

Secondly, if the above is not possible, if you know anybody with same PC as yours, copy the SWsetup folder from them to your PC.

Finally resort, visit HP website and download the missing drivers, you have to download a driver for your own operating system...(E.g windows 7)

<--To explain few things-->
Goto device manager on your PC (right click on My Computer, click device Manager)
Look at the different drivers and take note of the once with a yellow icon, those are the missing drivers...so you will install them from the SWsetup folder. Some might not show at all, like webcam driver and so on....so just look inside the Swsetup folder or download the drivers for things you think is missing and install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
boyoo922: I have problem with my Laptop,it keeps hanging all the time,I have reloaded d OS many times but it still always thesame thing.kindly give a helping hand.
r

Which operating system are you running and what's your harddisk size and RAM size?
Your ram might be bad or your have a low ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sweetdoct247: still waiting for a response pls gurus

Will get back to you soon...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
onegig:

The sell activation keys for windows 8.

But since it came as an OEM...i.e from the manufacturer I see why it wont be activated already.

BEst bet is take it back to where you bought it and ask they activate it, It's part of the money you paid for the damned system bro.

Brilliant !

cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2013
showietee: help needed house! Whenever my pc hibernate by itself, it doesn't turn on again no matter the attempt i make. Thoug, that has happened be4 in the past but it stopped when my pc was restored. But the prob has resurfaced again. Pls your help needed. Thanks.

adewasco2k:

Adewasco2k had advised that you install the latest video drivers What's make is
your computer ? e.g. toshiba P300-20H windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by flama(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
adewasco2k:

First was the old hard disk damaged? Is NO, all you need to get your PC runing well is inside...the DRIVERS....so I will say if you have the old hard disk and its still working, get an adaptor, connect the old hard disk to your PC look at this directory....C:/SwSetup copt the folder "Swsetup" all the drivers are inside.

Secondly, if the above is not possible, if you know anybody with same PC as yours, copy the SWsetup folder from them to your PC.

Finally resort, visit HP website and download the missing drivers, you have to download a driver for your own operating system...(E.g windows 7)

<--To explain few things-->
Goto device manager on your PC (right click on My Computer, click device Manager)
Look at the different drivers and take note of the once with a yellow icon, those are the missing drivers...so you will install them from the SWsetup folder. Some might not show at all, like webcam driver and so on....so just look inside the Swsetup folder or download the drivers for things you think is missing and install
thanks boss, but the old HDD is not working again that was why i changed it. Moreover am unable to get someone using the same model as mine, that's why i need gurus help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ukachimo: 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
all4naija: It simply means it couldn't find that particular file to identify the booting process. It is caused by many things though. What you will have to do is try to do system repair or new installation with a genuine Windows CD or DVD.
Yes the MegaTrend BIOs motherboard pc seem not to recorganize the boot records created by the Compaq Motherboad pc obviously l think because their file format is not the same (NTFS/FAT files format). If l follow your advise, l will loose all the software l have in the harddisk which is what l am avoiding
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hilary261: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2013
My Asus laptop restarts itself after shutdown only when plugged in to charge.
I have trouble-shooted and it's neither harddisk, RAM nor charger.
What shall I do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Morelmiranda: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2013
Hi guys i have a problem regarding my hard disk

I compressed my hard disk but i didn't finish the process

and when i restart my laptop this message appear:

OLYES is compressed
Press ctrl+alt+del to restart

I compresses the drive C: containing the windows and my important files

How to resolve this kind of error, i didn't have the win 7 OS disc

Im wondering if i can use any win 7 repair disc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2013
Plss helppp....my laptop is not detecting my ZTE modem, i uninstall it and install it and its still the same but when i check the drivers manager i saw that their is a yellow icon& question mark beside the ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM Driver...pls what can i do how can i get this resolve
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Morelmiranda: Hi guys i have a problem regarding my hard disk

I compressed my hard disk but i didn't finish the process

and when i restart my laptop this message appear:

OLYES is compressed
Press ctrl+alt+del to restart

I compresses the drive C: containing the windows and my important files

How to resolve this kind of error, i didn't have the win 7 OS disc

Im wondering if i can use any win 7 repair disc

the easy way of solving it, you will need a windows installation DVD, you can buy the once in the market just #200 Naira.

1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD (start the computer to boot into the DVD like you want to install it)
2. Select Repair your computer and not install.
3. you will see Load drivers, click it.
4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
6. Close and restart the computer normally after the process is done.

that will fix the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
Debeloved87: Plss helppp....my laptop is not detecting my ZTE modem, i uninstall it and install it and its still the same but when i check the drivers manager i saw that their is a yellow icon& question mark beside the ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM Driver...pls what can i do how can i get this resolve
you might need to download a driver from there website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
adewasco2k:
you might need to download a driver from there website
ok...which of the site...my laptop maker site or ZTE Technology website. My laptop maker site has a modem driver software should i download it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Femicrux: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
My laptop charger got burnt. I'm interested in getting a new one soonest. The adapter ratings is 18.5v , 3.5A and its an Hp pavilion dv4. How can one get reliable chargers at computer village, as i don't want to risk damaging the motherboard? Also how much do they go for?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Femicrux: My laptop charger got burnt. I'm interested in getting a new one soonest. The adapter ratings is 18.5v , 3.5A and its an Hp pavilion dv4. How can one get reliable chargers at computer village, as i don't want to risk damaging the motherboard? Also how much do they go for?
Just goto any reputable retailer! From my personal observation; don't buy any HP adapter that has light indicator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.