Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289728 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 8:58am On Mar 24, 2013
My pc is a HP pro 3010 MT : what sort of nvidia card would be compatible with it @ all4naija??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2013
purplekayc: My pc is a HP pro 3010 MT : what sort of nvidia card would be compatible with it @ all4naija??

list of optional cards for your machine are listed below:

ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512MB) FH PCIe x16 Card (for MT only)
ATI Radeon HD 4550 (256MB) DH PCIe x16 Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB Dual Head PCIe x16 Card (FH for MT only)
NVidia GeForce G210 512MB ATX PCIe x16 (for MT only)
NVidia GeForce GT230 1.5GB PCIe x16 Card

The current onboard graphics card should auto disable itself
after adding an upgrade
. Source www.hp.com

download CPU-Z and see what your motherboard is, this will
allow you to see what you will be able to install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2013
onegig:

Since you are a former engineer...just update the bios firmware.

Would recommend that you check the manufacturer website for
bios update information and check that it applies to the problem
you're having. check the more details section before applying the update.
Also you cannot disconnect/connect the charger whilst the update is in progress

remove all device, e.g. USB stick, cables and others.what's the laptop make and model
number.for example toshiba p300-20h windows vista.I learnt that you are a technician
try testing the memory and hard drive as well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2013
deji2009:

list of optional cards for your machine are listed below:

ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512MB) FH PCIe x16 Card (for MT only)
ATI Radeon HD 4550 (256MB) DH PCIe x16 Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB Dual Head PCIe x16 Card (FH for MT only)
NVidia GeForce G210 512MB ATX PCIe x16 (for MT only)
NVidia GeForce GT230 1.5GB PCIe x16 Card

The current onboard graphics card should auto disable itself
after adding an upgrade
. Source www.hp.com

download CPU-Z and see what your motherboard is, this will
allow you to see what you will be able to install
Thanks deji , I wanted a 1.5 g nvidia initially but wasn't available ,Do u know any good stores (reputable) in ikeja where I can find it ? In case the one I know doesn't have it ?The nvidia 210 had cost N14,000
And what is a "CPU Z" ? And what does it do? Will I download it directly onto my pc? (I have changed my OS to fedora for d mean time ) does I was having trouble re configuring bak to xp ...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
purplekayc:
Thanks deji , I wanted a 1.5 g nvidia initially but wasn't available ,Do u know any good stores (reputable) in ikeja where I can find it ? In case the one I know doesn't have it ?The nvidia 210 had cost N14,000
And what is a "CPU Z" ? And what does it do? Will I download it directly onto my pc? (I have changed my OS to fedora for d mean time ) does I was having trouble re configuring bak to xp ...

what's the trouble an how many hard drive you have in your pc ?
if you installed fedora by yourself, you should be able to install xp
I am not in nigeria to know who sells hardware component.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
deji2009:

what's the trouble an how many hard drive you have in your pc ?
if you installed fedora by yourself, you should be able to install xp
I am not in nigeria to know who sells hardware component.
last time I tries to re install my xp back on it always brought up dat blue screen up saying " windows has deyeected a problem with ur computer and will now shut down remove any new hard ware or software you have just installed or something over and over again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by handsome2c(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Am using win7 starter and can anyone please tell me how i can upgrade from window 7 stater to Windows 7 ultimate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
purplekayc: last time I tries to re install my xp back on it always brought up dat blue screen up saying " windows has deyeected a problem with ur computer and will now shut down remove any new hard ware or software you have just installed or something over and over again
The truth is that you are just coming around without proper information about what is wrong with your system. I am suspecting RAM problem from this your comment. I would like you to change the RAM with a proper one(s) and try to do the Windows installation again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that you are just coming around without proper information about what is wrong with your system. I am suspecting RAM problem from this your comment. I would like you to change the RAM with a proper one(s) and try to do the Windows installation again.
nothings wrong with d RAM its a brand new system ... I even installed fedora linux some days ago
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
purplekayc: nothings wrong with d RAM its a brand new system ... I even installed fedora linux some days ago
Why you can not do new installation is beyond. You are not really providing us enough information to what the problem with your system is:

Please, post the memory log of the failure here for us to check it up to know what the actual problem is.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
purplekayc: nothings wrong with d RAM its a brand new system ... I even installed fedora linux some days ago
RAM can be Okay sometime but can be funny when they are not of the right frequency. Well, just take them out first and try them one by one. Put one of the RAMs into the slot and try to do the Windows installation. If it refuses try the other one and remove the previous one and try the installation again. If you succeeded then add the other one.

I hope you will try this out than saying your system is new. Which is not an excuse of system developing problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 8:27am On Mar 25, 2013
hello guys, please how do i get my avast antivirus software to stop updating every now and then. especially now wey i nor get money to take buy big data plan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:46am On Mar 25, 2013
handsome2c: Am using win7 starter and can anyone please tell me how i can upgrade from window 7 stater to Windows 7 ultimate.

Go get a genuine windows 7 ultimate key. click on the windows key and type Windows Anytime upgrade . Follow the prompt and instructions. You have been able to upgrade your windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2013
Kaysalas: hello guys, please how do i get my avast antivirus software to stop updating every now and then. especially now wey i nor get money to take buy big data plan.
irrespective of the antivirus maker, all antivirus have that option, just goto the settings, click update and change it from automatic to manual
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:51am On Mar 25, 2013
handsome2c: Am using win7 starter and can anyone please tell me how i can upgrade from window 7 stater to Windows 7 ultimate.

simple, just click on the start menu typr anytime upgrade, click on windows anytime upgrade, you will be prompted to enter your Windows key, and the upgrade will be done to any version of windows you want, e.g home basic, home premium, professional, ultimate

Note: you have to be connected to the internet to do it

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
adewasco2k:
irrespective of the antivirus maker, all antivirus have that option, just goto the settings, click update and change it from automatic to manual
thanks a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
all4naija: RAM can be Okay sometime but can be funny when they are not of the right frequency. Well, just take them out first and try them one by one. Put one of the RAMs into the slot and try to do the Windows installation. If it refuses try the other one and remove the previous one and try the installation again. If you succeeded then add the other one.

I hope you will try this out than saying your system is new. Which is not an excuse of system developing problem
alright will try that out , just gave a call to the people that i purchased the card from and they have agreed to a refund i want to know if a nvidia geoforce 2gb will be compatible with my pc ................
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2013
Morning house. Please, how much does it cost to repair/replace an HP 620 speaker? Mine is faulty and I'm tired of using an external speaker.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls help...my mini laptop zinox smart audio is not working...i mistakenly remove the audio hub bus at the hardware control panel and since then its not bringing out sound, i downloaded audio device driver and install it but it still desame issue, pls. what can i do...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
Debeloved87: Pls help...my mini laptop zinox smart audio is not working...i mistakenly remove the audio hub bus at the hardware control panel and since then its not bringing out sound, i downloaded audio device driver and install it but it still desame issue, pls. what can i do...
Goto device manager and see if you have any yellow icon...if you do...then you have not installed the correct audio driver....you need to know the exact maker of the audio, so just visit your pC website and check the support area for driver downloads, download the audio driver, I am not use to zinox systems but most PC's will either come with a CD of the drivers or have a file on the PC which contains the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 4:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Finally got my XP running guys but afta I partitioned my HD .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
Goto device manager and see if you have any yellow icon...if you do...then you have not installed the correct audio driver....you need to know the exact maker of the audio, so just visit your pC website and check the support area for driver downloads, download the audio driver, I am not use to zinox systems but most PC's will either come with a CD of the drivers or have a file on the PC which contains the drivers.
thank u very much...but i dont have any cd driver of the laptop and where can i find the file that contains the driver maybe possibly its on the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2013
Debeloved87: thank u very much...but i dont have any cd driver of the laptop and where can i find the file that contains the driver maybe possibly its on the system.
Download audio driver for your system here : http://www.zinoxtechnologies.com/downloads.php
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
Download audio driver for your system here : http://www.zinoxtechnologies.com/downloads.php
thanks bro. But none of the link is working, it only leads to a white encrypted page that is saying error
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Debeloved87: thanks bro. But none of the link is working, it only leads to a white encrypted page that is saying error
I know its working because I copied it from my browser....may be you should visit it on a computer if you aint doing it on one already and also try to visit the home page without the downloads.php, just the zinoxtechnologies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
can someone help i cant logg to my twitter account on my pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
I know its working because I copied it from my browser....may be you should visit it on a computer if you aint doing it on one already and also try to visit the home page without the downloads.php, just the zinoxtechnologies
thanks bro...i was checking the link on my phone, i will do it on my pc now...thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by handsome2c(m): 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by handsome2c(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
have tried that even before i post that question here but bellow is what i get

onegig:

Go get a genuine windows 7 ultimate key. click on the windows key and type Windows Anytime upgrade . Follow the prompt and instructions. You have been able to upgrade your windows.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pls help, my HP evny 14 trackpad is not working, I've tried a hard reset, reinstalled the os Win 7 premium several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the trackpad driver from the recovery application several times still no joy, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the synaptics touchpad driver with the latest version, the light indicator at the upper left corner of the touchpad has refused to come up no matter how many taps. A look into the device manager says the "device is working properly" However I've noticed that in deveice setting - mouse properties there is no option to either "Enable" or "Disable" device. I simply don't know what to do again. An external usb mouse however works properly and that is what I've been using since this issue started. U professional opinions will be appreciated thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.