Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263819 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adeniyex: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2013
wen i tried to install from cd, it will write window can not install dis package, and error message how can i stop this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kings11ng(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please how much will it cost to replace hp cq57 15inch screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
kings11ng: Please how much will it cost to replace hp cq57 15inch screen
13 to 15k depending on location. Are you in lagos?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elijahsinto(m): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please...my bluetooth and wireless are not working again.My laptop can't connect with other device or phone using bluetooth and wireless.What can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
My laptop refuses to turn on, the ba3 was faulty b4 i.e the lappy turns on only when i connect it to power... Now it doesnt on, i removed d ba3 and connect my charger and it didnt power up... Pls any idea of wat is wrong wit my lappy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wantedmiller: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
My laptop is displaying you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Asking for genuine microsoft software. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
I've got a big bone stuck in my throat and I need help badly

My Western Digital 1TB External Hard Disk now appears as a local disk instead of a removable drive and when I click on it to open, I get an

"I:\ is not accessible

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable" error message

I've got lots of important stuff on the External HDD so it's important I access it to copy my files I use a windows 8 OS and I've tried it on other PCs running Windows 7 & Vista, and it's still the same thing.

I'll be grateful for any help I can get towards resolving this. See my screenshots

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
elijahsinto: Please...my bluetooth and wireless are not working again.My laptop can't connect with other device or phone using bluetooth and wireless.What can i do?
re install the drivers. Go to device manager to check if they are installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Daht_DopeBoi: My laptop refuses to turn on, the ba3 was faulty b4 i.e the lappy turns on only when i connect it to power... Now it doesnt on, i removed d ba3 and connect my charger and it didnt power up... Pls any idea of wat is wrong wit my lappy
Get a similar charger to check if it would power on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Wantedmiller: My laptop is displaying you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Asking for genuine microsoft software. What do I do?
get a genuine window seven key. You can purchase one online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
semid4lyfe: I've got a big bone stuck in my throat and I need help badly

My Western Digital 1TB External Hard Disk now appears as a local disk instead of a removable drive and when I click on it to open,
I get an

"I:\ is not accessible

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable" error message

I've got lots of important stuff on the External HDD so it's important I access it to copy my files I use a windows 8 OS and I've tried it on other PCs running Windows 7 & Vista, and it's still the same thing.

I'll be grateful for any help I can get towards resolving this. See my screenshots

www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

The partition table is corrupt. Click on the above link to download the free trial of the software. Please. This is time to learn you don't keep files in only one location . Having backups won't hurt. The link below is a step by step guide on how to use the app.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Downloaded, so how do I use it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
semid4lyfe: Downloaded, so how do I use it
am mobile now. It involves the use of dos. Sorry too technical and since i can't run a prototype here to give you a step by step. I will advise you download this . More user friendly with the gui. Just scan and repair.

www.vimxsoft.com/partition-recovery/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
vimxsoft Not working. I forgot to mention the ext HD appears as a RAW file when viewed from disk management.

I'll be happy if I could just access the external hdd and recover my stuff undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
semid4lyfe: vimxsoft Not working. I forgot to mention the ext HD appears as a RAW file when viewed from disk management.

I'll be happy if I could just access the external hdd and recover my stuff undecided
can you wait till tomorrow when i can get my system running and get you the steps. for the first setup. Also open command prompt. Type chkdsk i: then press enter. Give a feedback.

Also in command prompt. Type diskpart and press enter. Next type list disk . Is your external hard disk listed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 16, 2013
semid4lyfe: vimxsoft Not working. I forgot to mention the ext HD appears as a RAW file when viewed from disk management.

First and foremost, change your USB cable connecting the external HDD to your system with original one. Next, scan the external HDD for malware and remove any right-protection.

Then come back here with your findings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2013
all4naija:

First and foremost, change your USB cable connecting the external HDD to your system with original one. Next, scan the external HDD for malware and remove any right-protection.

Then come back here with your findings.

Tried all these without success yesterday before coming online and I've done it again still no show. The External HD still appears as a local disk (RAW file), a format which Windows is unable to mount.

See screenshots from disk management and properties of the external hd

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2013
onegig: can you wait till tomorrow when i can get my system running and get you the steps. for the first setup. Also open command prompt. Type chkdsk i: then press enter. Give a feedback.

Also in command prompt. Type diskpart and press enter. Next type list disk . Is your external hard disk listed?

Tomorrow don reach today abi, so I dey wait. Meanwhile I ran the chkdsk i: diskpart command prompt stuff and here's what I got.

chkdsk i:

"The type of file system is NTFS
Unable to determine volume version and state. CHKDSK aborted"

See the screenshot for full details

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alaoly80: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2013
Pls can anyone help me with my samsung mini laptop it has screen problem. I want to know the cost thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mosak(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Pls, can someone help me with this issue : my laptop had a hardware malfunction(keyboard), which made me to factory reset d system... Anyway that is already fixed. My problem now is dat, I try inputting my laptop product key to activate my Microsoft office, but d thing is telling me, "keys not valid". Pls what can I do oo. Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Hey guys. I have a big problem. My computer won't start up. When I press the power button, I see a black screen that then turns into a stripped screen. The lines are of different colors. What's wrong with my pc?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Tried all these without success yesterday before coming online and I've done it again still no show. The External HD still appears as a local disk (RAW file), a format which Windows is unable to mount.

See screenshots from disk management and properties of the external hd
Good! Your ext HD problem is possibly coming from the tiny control board. Now open the external hard drive and make sure the control board is properly seated on the connector and try to use original USB cable to connect it to your system(don't cover the HDD yet while taking the process because you might want to tilt it and do other test). If you are still experiencing the same problem it is time to replace the tiny control board.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pkingsley: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Have you been looking for an opportunity to get yourself a good job? Here is the opportunity for you, my boss has 5 slot for graduate, 5 for o level. Hurry now before its finish call 08138007971
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by schords(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hi, please ì have an acer mini laptop
with window7, Via CM-7 processor,
1g Ram, 80G hdd, but it plays video
& audio veryslowly, i have 4mated
it 2wice, but stil dsame prob even
instald driver dsame tin. Pls help me. Sgchords@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
schords: Hi, please ì have an acer mini laptop
with window7, Via CM-7 processor,
1g Ram, 80G hdd, but it plays video
& audio veryslowly, i have 4mated
it 2wice, but stil dsame prob even
instald driver dsame tin. Pls help me. Sgchords@gmail.com
Thanks.

1. Right-click on 'Computer' and select 'Properties' from the drop-down menu.

2. Look beside 'System type' and report back with what you have there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
Illuminatus: Hey guys. I have a big problem. My computer won't start up. When I press the power button, I see a black screen that then turns into a stripped screen. The lines are of different colors. What's wrong with my pc?
Could someone help me with this please? It's a HP Compaq running on Widows 7 Ultimate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Illuminatus:
Could someone help me with this please? It's a HP Compaq running on Widows 7 Ultimate.
It is graphical problem that needs a customer care attention. Either the flex is getting weak or the power button is having some disturbing interference with your screen activities in a funny way. It could also be something else.

I would advice you take it to your customer care center for a hardware fix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
A friend of mine laptop Graphic card heats up. This has started
recently. Dunno if it is just dust, or heatsink
or graphics card issue. when the card overheats, the computer starts without displaying screen.The Laptop seems to work if the card temperature is low.
Sometimes the computer turns on
fine, sometimes it turns on with only the
power lights with no display.. What's the cause pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Illuminatus:
I doubt if its a flex issue, did ur laptop fall or was drop on a place anyhow?? Same thing happened to my hp g60 last year only to have a new screen to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
leunamme93: A friend of mine laptop Graphic card heats up. This has started
recently. Dunno if it is just dust, or heatsink
or graphics card issue. when the card overheats, the computer starts without displaying screen.The Laptop seems to work if the card temperature is low.
Sometimes the computer turns on
fine, sometimes it turns on with only the
power lights with no display.. What's the cause pls.

Your graphic chip is possibly going out gradually. I am not going to advise to try a REFLOW but getting a better motherboard will do better.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
all4naija:

Your graphic chip is possibly going out gradually. I am not going to advise to try a REFLOW but getting a better motherboard will do better.
Thanks Man. My friend is not going to like this when he hears this. So a New motherboard is the answer??

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.