Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271764 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
all4naija:

There is no need of good through cache cleaning and reset. Just do the follwing.

1. Click 'Start' and select 'Control Panel' from the list.

2. Click 'Programs and features' and select 'Firefox' among the files of the list and click uninstall above to unistall it.

2. Now double-click 'Computer' and double-click 'Local drive c:'.

3. Click on the 'Program Files(x86)' fold and right-click 'Mozilla Firefox' and select 'Delete' to remove it from your system.

4. Open Google Chrome and type www.firefox.com into the browser and download it. Install it.

Did all that now,still the thing is still there.
Frankly,I'm now worried. sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: oh now you are talking. But the reset to default setting should have corrected that . I guess she used whats called a character encoding setting when viewing her mails. Do this . Go to View | Character
Encoding and it is set to Unicode
(UTF-8 ) when on yahoo mail page. Get back to me.
When i click on View,it does not give me the character encoding option rather i see "themes,preview pane,line height"
How do i get the character encoding?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways:
Did all that now,still the thing is still there.
Frankly,I'm now worried. sad
Okay. Now do this:

1. Press windows(key with windows logo) + R key to open 'Run'

2. Type or copy and paste %temp% into 'Run' and click 'OK'

3. Highlight all the files inside this fold. Right-click and select 'Delete' to delete everything. And, restart your browser.

If there is any file that refuses to delete visit this link :
http://all4naija..com/2012/10/how-to-remove-files-and-folders-which.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
I could not delete about 5 files including "skype" . I got this error message "this file cannot be deleted because its used on Umain"
Could this be a malware? Would check your blog after dinner prep. Thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: I could not delete about 5 files including "skype" . I got this error message "this file cannot be deleted because its used on Umain"
lol. Nothing to fear. Its actually a setting. Go to your fire fox. Click on the help - about then note the fire fox version. All4naija i was thinking of advising her to uninstal and re install but knowing fully well that the program settings are stored in the registry and temporary folder and thus reinstalling would still yield the same result as the old profile settings will still be used. I would advise she uninstal and use a file and registry cleaner like ccleaner before re installing.

Also ify.. . Login to the yahoo mail and right click on those weird writings. Can you tell me whats the options displayed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: I could not delete about 5 files including "skype" . I got this error message "this file cannot be deleted because its used on Umain"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: lol. Nothing to fear. Its actually a setting. Go to your fire fox. Click on the help - about then note the fire fox version. All4naija i was thinking of advising her to uninstal and re install but knowing fully well that the program settings are stored in the registry and temporary folder and thus reinstalling would still yield the same result as the old profile settings will still be used. I would advise she uninstal and use a file and registry cleaner like ccleaner before re installing.

Also ify.. . Login to the yahoo mail and right click on those weird writings. Can you tell me whats the options displayed?
The truth is that she is just hurrying the whole process and didn't click remove previous settings during the uninstall and as well didn't uninstal all the Mozilla Firefox at the programs and features. Even she didn't do what I told her clearly. I know she is going to come to that the reason I gave her the link yet she is not doing what I posted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that she is just hurrying the whole process and didn't click remove previous settings during the uninstall and as well didn't uninstal all the Mozilla Firefox at the programs and features. Even she didn't do what I told her clearly. I know she is going to come to that the reason I gave her the link yet she is not doing what I posted.
Haba,I might not be a computer geek but i can read.
You said i should do this :

3. Highlight all the files inside this fold. Right-click and select 'Delete' to delete everything. And, restart your browser.

and that's exactly what i did. Thank you sha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: lol. Nothing to fear. Its actually a setting. Go to your fire fox. Click on the help - about then note the fire fox version. All4naija i was thinking of advising her to uninstal and re install but knowing fully well that the program settings are stored in the registry and temporary folder and thus reinstalling would still yield the same result as the old profile settings will still be used. I would advise she uninstal and use a file and registry cleaner like ccleaner before re installing.

Firefox version is 24.0
When I click on those weird signs or just bring the cursor to it,it brings out the english translation eg If i bring the cursor to the sign/mark beside inbox,inbox is displayed in English etc. Hope you get it undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways:
When i click on View,it does not give me the character encoding option rather i see "themes,preview pane,line height"
How do i get the character encoding?
@Onegig,you forgot this?
I did not see or know how to locate "character encoding", please how do i get that? Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
I cant remember when i was this stressed up. I have goggled up and down for this so encoding stuff,but cannot just locate on.Phew.
I even downloaded a new yahoo toolbar,still no show. Arrrrgh cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: @Onegig,you forgot this?
I did not see or know how to locate "character encoding", please how do i get that? Thank you
immediately you mentioned she was from the middle east i sensed it must have been the character encoding. She viewed her mails which must have contained arabic and thus the encoding style changed or so. I don't know how it works on yahoo though. But try this.To set encoding to view foreign
character sets:
1. In the toolbar, click More
Actions and select Set
Encodings.
2. From the list that appears,
select the encoding that
matches the message’s
content.
Note: Only one character
encoding set may be viewed at a
time. Select the utf 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: immediately you mentioned she was from the middle east i sensed it must have been the character encoding. She viewed her mails which must have contained arabic and thus the encoding style changed or so. I don't know how it works on yahoo though. But try this.To set encoding to view foreign
character sets:
1. In the toolbar, click More
Actions and select Set
Encodings.
2. From the list that appears,
select the encoding that
matches the message’s
content.
Note: Only one character
encoding set may be viewed at a
time. Select the utf 8.
My dear,i already searched and got this instruction from yahoo and google search. Know what the problem is?,I cannot find the fvcking toolbar!.
I cannot. Been searching for it since,downloaded a new yahoo toolbar yet i cannot see how or where to click to get more actions.
*sighs*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
For fire fox . Goto MENU: View -> Character Encoding
->select Western ISO-8895-1 or utf 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: For fire fox . Goto MENU: View -> Character Encoding
Where is the menu located? Gosh,i feel so helpless.
Please can you post a snapshot or something. I cant find either of those things.
This is how my interface is :

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: Where is the menu located? Gosh,i feel so helpless.
Please can you post a snapshot or something. I cant find either of those things.
This is how my interface is :
give me fifteen minutes. Not on a system. Am actually mobile. Lol. Fire fox has this peculiar problem from what i have been reading online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: For fire fox . Goto MENU: View -> Character Encoding
Ok i got it now,changed to utf 8,got this error message. I clicked ok,logged out and in,still same.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: Ok i got it now,changed to utf 8,got this error message. I clicked ok,logged out and in,still same.
change it to the western iso stuff i gave earlier. Also just refresh the page. No need to log out. If it still doesn't work then you will have to download a charset changer addon for firefox. I will give you a link soon. At least we narrowed down where the problem is from. So finding a solution shouldn't be far off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: change it to the western iso stuff i have earlier. Also just refresh the page. No need to log out. If it still doesn't work then you will have to download a char set changes add on for fire fox. I will give you a link soon. At least we narrowed down where the problem is from. So finding a solution shouldn't be far off.
Did that now,still same.
I should have just forgotten this thing but for the fact that i cannot upload,attach or find an attachment/photo anymore since this whole thing started.So annoying.
Thank you very much Onegig,I appreciate your concern. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/charset-switcher/

http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=23848.

You might have to manually clear your registry of any fire fox entries if this doesn't work. Download this software ccleaner. It ain't your fault that the solution hasn't been found. Its a bug on fire fox. Just suprised its not been fixed as it has been discovered a long time ago.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/charset-switcher/

http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=23848.

You might have to manually clear your registry of any fire fox entries if this doesn't work. Download this software ccleaner. It ain't your fault that the solution hasn't been found. Its a bug on fire fox. Just suprised its not been fixed as it has been discovered a long time ago.
I downloaded and installed the first link.It re-started firefox,still the weird thing dey.
Second link was Chinese,I could not make anything out of it. thank you oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
I no fit kill myself.I'm going to bed.
Thamk you Onegig. Tomorrow is another day.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: I no fit kill myself.I'm going to bed.
Thamk you Onegig. Tomorrow is another day.
let me give you the last advise. Download opera. You will never regret that. Lol. Good night.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
onegig: let me give you the last advise. Download opera. You will never regret that. Lol. Good night.
Yay!
Did just that now and the stooopid thing is gone. Thank you.Would unistall the firefox tomorrow morning.
sent from my Opera for windows cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cutisman50: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
pls, what is bios disc and how can someone update the bios disc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: Haba,I might not be a computer geek but i can read.
You said i should do this :

and that's exactly what i did. Thank you sha
That is part of it. You said about five files refuse to be deleted the reason I provided a link earlier. Not only that you didn't delete the default fold in the 'Program Files(x86)' I explained to you earlier but didn't come back with how you did it.

Just start from the first instruction again. I hope that will solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uobimba(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2013
hi friends,i tried opening a file in my mini laptop with ms word,it affected other files.d icons on my desktop now reads ms word even my installed softwares.if i try opening d softwares,they display with notations i dont understand,pls wot can i do? Help seriously needed.i will appreciate ur respond
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2013
uobimba: hi friends,i tried opening a file in my mini laptop with ms word,it affected other files.d icons on my desktop now reads ms word even my installed softwares.if i try opening d softwares,they display with notations i dont understand,pls wot can i do? Help seriously needed.i will appreciate ur respond
download this software from this link. http://www.winhelponline.com/fileasso/exefix_cu.reg

Download the file
exefix_cu.reg, and save it to
Desktop. Right-click on the REG
file and choose Merge
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Onegig,Thank you so much. I'm so far,enjoying my sweet opera.
Team O cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
ifyalways: @Onegig,Thank you so much. I'm so far,enjoying my sweet opera.
Team O cheesy
welcome madam... Will send you some tricks that would make browsing even more interesting on opera.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kings11ng(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
onegig: 13 to 15k depending on location. Are you in lagos?

am in awka
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uobimba(m): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
onegig: download this software from this link. http://www.winhelponline.com/fileasso/exefix_cu.reg

Download the file
exefix_cu.reg, and save it to
Desktop. Right-click on the REG
file and choose Merge
thanks a lot i will visit d link.i heard about free browsing software,is it real?

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.