Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,877 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271388 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
uobimba: thanks a lot i will visit d link.i heard about free browsing software,is it real?
Welcome . I am not too knowledgeable in that aspect. Can't really say. Guess the guys in the phone section should be able to help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 12:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Please gurus in the house what can i do to a laptop that the screan display in four. (divide into four places)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wantedmiller: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2013
I use hp compaq nc6000. But it can't play out any sound. I have checked the speaker is ok. So I can't really say what's the problem because I have checked everything.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Wantedmiller: I use hp compaq nc6000. But it can't play out any sound. I have checked the speaker is ok. So I can't really say what's the problem because I have checked everything.

lol.. how did u confirm d speakers.... well check ur device manager 2 see if ur have a sound driver installed..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
Someone spilled drink on the keyboard of a laptop the hd drive started to make noise and now it won't boot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
leunamme93: Someone spilled drink on the keyboard of a laptop the hd drive started to make noise and now it won't boot.
congrats. They just won a spendthrift ticket. I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
onegig: congrats. They just won a spendthrift ticket. I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.
@oga 1gig pls elaborate oo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Its an hp dv6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
leunamme93: Its an hp dv6
first thing. ..what were doing drinking tea and using the laptop? Secondly, once such happens. You need to disconnect the battery, mains so as to avoid short circuting. Water(Liquids) is a conductor of electricity and i am Damn sure some got on to the board. Cleaning and drying out the board might help but if the damage done was extensive. I am sorry the guy might have to buy a new mother board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Funjosh: Please gurus in the house what can i do to a laptop that the screan display in four. (divide into four places)

@onegig and co please help me na am confuse the screan display in four parts.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
onegig: first thing. ..what were doing drinking tea and using the laptop? Secondly, once such happens. You need to disconnect the battery, mains so as to avoid short circuting. Water(Liquids) is a conductor of electricity and i am Damn sure some got on to the board. Cleaning and drying out the board might help but if the damage done was extensive. I am sorry the guy might have to buy a new mother board.
A douche bag liverpool fan. I guess it will serve as a lesson to him. Someone boots it into something. He says the ram is still working. Let me try to get a pic.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Funjosh:

@onegig and co please help me na am confuse the screan display in four parts.
sorry i didn't see it earlier would have responded. Into four places? Can you take a screen shot and and upload it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
leunamme93:
A douche bag liverpool fan. I guess it will serve as a lesson to him. Someone boots it into something. He says the ram is still working. Let me try to get a pic.
oh you got lucky its coming up. You didn't tell me it was actually turning up. Whats the error displaying on the screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
onegig: oh you got lucky its coming up. You didn't tell me it was actually turning up. Whats the error displaying on the screen?
I got the battery out, but what I saw was something like ram or so. It later showed pls install an operating system on ur harddisk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Is the motherboard spoilt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
leunamme93: Is the motherboard spoilt
nope. .the motherboard isn't. Far from it. Highest you might have to do is re install or repair the currently operating system. I.e the windows. Can you restart and hold the f8 key. Next select safe mode. Let it load. Report back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
onegig: nope. .the motherboard isn't. Far from it. Highest you might have to do is re install or repair the currently operating system. I.e the windows. Can you restart and hold the f8 key. Next select safe mode. Let it load. Report back.
Ook. Thanks Man. Atleast no motherboard isssue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello fellows need an urgent help , got a samsung 300E , had a Hdd problem lastweek , got it fixed(replaced) cos the physical memory was damaged . Was multitasking this afternoon and it showed a blue screen the windows 8 style and requested that I restart . So a force shutdown was done to restart on restart it. Wanted to do an automatic repair I pressed the power button and now on every startup it gives this message " All boot options are tried. Press (f4) jey to recover with factory image using recovery or an other keys for next boot loop iteration .. And when any other key is pressed to navigate out of this message it goes to a windo that displays Boot Menu . Listing
1. Sata HDD:: -----------
2.Sata CD:: ------------
Need help on how to go about this cos I really will not wanna go thru leoading Os again ..
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
successful1: Hello fellows need an urgent help , got a samsung 300E , had a Hdd problem lastweek , got it fixed(replaced) cos the physical memory was damaged . Was multitasking this afternoon and it showed a blue screen the windows 8 style and requested that I restart . So a force shutdown was done to restart on restart it. Wanted to do an automatic repair I pressed the power button and now on every startup it gives this message " All boot options are tried. Press (f4) jey to recover with factory image using recovery or an other keys for next boot loop iteration .. And when any other key is pressed to navigate out of this message it goes to a windo that displays Boot Menu . Listing
1. Sata HDD:: -----------
2.Sata CD:: ------------
Need help on how to go about this cos I really will not wanna go thru leoading Os again ..
Thanks
select the first one by choosing. Sata hdd. Thats where you operating system files are located.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
leunamme93: Someone spilled drink on the keyboard of a laptop the hd drive started to make noise and now it won't boot.
Oga 1gb same thing happened to me today with my laptop. Drink spilt on it, just a few keys and not too much and i hurriedly cleaned it. The system was still working fine. Then i left to somewhere, put the system on hibernates mode then i left. When i came back i switched it on, it worked. I watched a series on it and then i switched to a new Nigerian CD I bought as i was watching it, after sometime the laptop just SWITCHED ITSELF OFF. when i tried to restart it, the power butto would light, the wifi button would light even the external speakers would light and if i should plug my phone to the system via USB, It would indicate yet the screen remains blank and doesn't come on. What could be the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
WackyJ1:
Oga 1gb ened to me today with my laptop. Drink spilt on it, just a few keys and not too much and i hurriedly cleaned it. The system was still working fine. Then i left to somewhere, put the system on hibernates mode then i left. When i came back i switched it on, it worked. I watched a series on it and then i switched to a new Nigerian CD I bought as i was watching it, after sometime the laptop just SWITCHED ITSELF OFF. when i tried to restart it, the power butto would light, the wifi button would light even the external speakers would light and if i should plug my phone to the system via USB, It would indicate yet the screen remains blank and doesn't come on. What could be the problem
i guess the problem is connected with the spilled drink. You might have to take it for physical examination.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
onegig: i guess the problem is connected with the spilled drink. You might have to take it for physical examination. Also spree it under a direct fan for extended periods of time.
I stay in benin. Where can i take it for the physical examination?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
WackyJ1:
remove the battery first . I am not in benin and not can't really say. Maybe you ask around.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
WackyJ1:
the mistake u made was 2 still continue using d system knowing fully well dat some liquid will still reside on the motherboard....jst pray theres no short-circuit.. like onegig said jst take out the battery first.....if notin happens... Try and get it around a gud technician or u can PM me ... i stay in wafi..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
I listened to the laptop and i realised that when i turned on the Laptop. The fan starts for 1 second and then turns off but the laptop remains on. What could be the issue. Can just the fan be repaired?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
WackyJ1: I listened to the laptop and i realised that when i turned on the Laptop. The fan starts for 1 second and then turns off but the laptop remains on. What could be the issue. Can just the fan be repaired?
you still putting it on? Try removing the ram and switching or replacing them. Also perform a hard reset. Remove the battery and disconnect the mains. Hold the power button for thirty seconds to one minute. Release and power on normally.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 2:20am On Oct 20, 2013
onegig: you still putting it on? Try removing the ram and switching or replacing them. Also perform a hard reset. Remove the battery and disconnect the mains. Hold the power button for thirty seconds to one minute. Release and power on normally.

Does a hard reset wipe my Harddrive ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2013
My HP go hibernate after i left it for sometime but its not waking again.its now a week plus but same answer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acemmy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Guys please and please I really need your help, I don't know what my nieces did to my system. Am tring to boot it but I showing me BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and when I do exactly what it tells me to do it will try to boot but will show me the same thing....... Please guys ineed your help please...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
onegig: still mobile but got this step by step method of the site.

If TestDisk is not yet installed, it
can be downloaded from
TestDisk Download. Extract the
files from the archive including
the sub-directories.
To recover a lost partition or
repair the filesystem from a
hard disk, USB key, Smart Card,
etc., you need enough rights to
access a physical device.ng Under Windows, start
TestDisk (ie
testdisk-6.13/
testdisk_win.exe )
from an account in the
Administrator group. Under Vista,
right-click testdisk_win.exe and
then "Run as administrator" to
launch TestDisk.Choose None if you do not want
messages and details of the
process to be written into a log
file (useful if for example
Testdisk was started from a
read-only location).
Press Enter to proceed.Disk selection
All hard drives should be
detected and listed with the
correct size by TestDisk:
Use up/down arrow keys to
select your hard drive with the
lost partition/s.
Press Enter to Proceed TestDisk displays the partition
table types.
Select the partition table type -
usually the default value is the
correct one as TestDisk auto-
detects the partition table type.
Press Enter to Proceed.
Current partition table
status
TestDisk displays the menus Use the default menu "Analyse"
to check your current partition
structure and search for lost
partitions.
Confirm at Analyse with Enter to
proceed.
Now, your current partition
structure is listed. Examine your
current partition structure for
missing partitions and errors The first partition is listed twice
which points to a corrupted
partition or an invalid partition
table entry.
Invalid NTFS boot points to a
faulty NTFS boot sector, so it's a
corrupted filesystem.
Only one logical partition (label
Partition 2) is available in the
extended partition. One logical
partition is missing.
Confirm at Quick Search to
proceed.
Quick Search for partitions
Confirm according to your OS
and created partitions to
proceed.
TestDisk displays the first
results in real time. quick
search (click on thumb to display the
image).
During the Quick Search,
TestDisk has found two
partitions including the missing
logical partition labeled
Highlight this partition and press
p to list your files (to go back to
the previous display, press q to
Quit).
All directories and data are
correctly listed.
Press Enter to proceed.
Save the partition table or
search for more partitions?
Still a bit technical. Try it out if however it does not recover the partition you might have to wait a lil longer or take it to a certified technician. Sometimes there's a limit to those diy routines.

Did all this and ran the testdisk overnight and no partitions were detected.

Anyways, all hope is not lost. At least, I should still be able to copy my files with the method posted HERE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Did all this and ran the testdisk overnight and no partitions were detected.

Anyways, all hope is not lost. At least, I should still be able to copy my files with the method posted HERE
I doubt if you will succeed with that because the problem is not actually coming from mounting the ext HDD. Your control board or connector has malfunction from the look of things. However, let us know when you succeed with the Linux Partedmagic process.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
onegig: select the first one by choosing. Sata hdd. Thats where you operating system files are located.

Thanks for your reply @ onegig , but nothing really happens when I select that it just reprint the same window ... What Hdd is best to get when going for a new Hdd . Cos I see a posiblity of reloading an OS or getting a new Hdd

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.