Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272001 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
successful1:

Thanks for your reply @ onegig , but nothing really happens when I select that it just reprint the same window ... What Hdd is best to get when going for a new Hdd . Cos I see a posiblity of reloading an OS or getting a new Hdd
are you the one buying and reloadi it yourself? Whats your location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
successful1:

Thanks for your reply @ onegig , but nothing really happens when I select that it just reprint the same window ... What Hdd is best to get when going for a new Hdd . Cos I see a posiblity of reloading an OS or getting a new Hdd

Check your system BIOS to see if your HDD is displayed there and return back with your findings.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yeah it is
all4naija:

Check your system BIOS to see if your HDD is displayed there and return back with your findings.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
onegig: are you the one buying and reloadi it yourself? Whats your location?

Yeah , I'm doing it myself.. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
successful1: Yeah it is

Check your boot priority at BIOS and make your hard disc drive is set to be the first on the list and save settings. As the system reboot press F8 to get the system recovery environment. Select 'Safe mode' from the list and see if you can get into the Safe mode.

If you couldn't enter Safe mode do this :

Enter the Bios, at the advanced settings change the SATA controller to Raid or Legacy IDE, do not set it to AHCI.

Come back with you findings again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
About 2 days ago i started getting this error message:[b] Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working[\b]. I have run Driver Update and all Drivers are up-to-date and running. now all my media players and games wont respond. I don't know what i am supposed to do to fix this. Please help cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
alotofgrace: About 2 days ago i started getting this error message:[b] Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working[\b]. I have run Driver Update and all Drivers are up-to-date and running. now all my media players and games wont respond. I don't know what i am supposed to do to fix this. Please help cry cry cry
Uninstall your graphic driver, download the latest version and install it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cutisman50: 5:49am On Oct 21, 2013
i just on my laptop this morning and d info dat appear on my screen was dat "Drivelock HDD Bay Password"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2013
Heesamee: My HP go hibernate after i left it for sometime but its not waking again.its now a week plus but same answer

Search for hibernating not working on Google and follow the instructions.

I would suggest you read the instructions before doing anything

I would have fix it for you because I was in Nigeria 3 days ago.

Lol, just joking cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2013
cutisman50: i just on my laptop this morning and d info dat appear on my screen was dat "Drivelock HDD Bay Password"

Does the message appears when you start your computer or it appears when you
are already in windows, as in you can see your desktop icons and all sorts ?

Did you set any hdd password ? Does the laptop belong to you or someone else ?

Where did you bought it from, shop or from a friend ? The answers you provided would
allow us to assist you in anyway that we can. is it dell, hp or acer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Where have you been? Its been long. Good day deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2013
onegig: Where have you been? Its been long. Good day deji

Good day to you too. I was on holiday and can't be ask to
come here. Nigeria internet ever so slow and end up getting
frustrated, so i thought i'd come here when i come back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2013
Am havin problem wit my computer scream, its producin diffrent colours and that's blocking me from watchin any tin on the scream. Plis i need help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2013
stardragon: Am havin problem wit my computer scream, its producin diffrent colours and that's blocking me from watchin any tin on the scream. Plis i need help!

I take it to be a laptop or a PC ?
restart and immediately keep
pressing f2 for bios you'd see a
blue screen. Can you see different
colours on the bios screen. The colours
you were referring to, can you see it on
that blue screen. another way is to connect the
laptop to an external monitor. unsure how to connect
it to a monitor, google it. have installed any video drivers recently
and when did you start noticing the coloours

you could shut it down and restart and see if that solve the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 7:55am On Oct 21, 2013
all4naija: Uninstall your graphic driver, download the latest version and install it.

i need to be low here.....where is my graphic driver.....am on AMD Radeon Graphics though
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2013
^^^ It's a destop. The problem started since last three month back. Am realy confused about the scream colours, but sha let me try wot u have just said. Thanks 4 ur information
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2013
alotofgrace:

i need to be low here.....where is my graphic driver.....am on AMD Radeon Graphics though

all4naija: Uninstall your graphic driver, download the latest version and install it.

If you uninstall the drivers you'd probably get a bad image
that would prevent you to download the driver. get a memory stick
or external hard drive. visit the vendor's website according to all4naija
search for your pc model. be careful not select the wrong model. download it
to the memory stick or if you like save it to your computer then uninstall
the drivers from device manager. not sure if it is hp or compaq windows xp
or vista. you need to know what your's is before you download the drivers.

on your keyboard near the spacebar lookout for windows logo near the alt key, it looks like the
flag of nigeria bit it hasn't. grin press the flag with a combination of the letter R. a box would appear
type in devmgmt.msc press enter and look for display adaptor or anything similar to that right click
your amd redeon and uninstall it. then install the correct version you downloaded.

Do you have an antivirus installed ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2013
i have windows defender.....plus malwarebyte all uptodate
the funniest thing is that on my device manager...all dudes are up and running, that is, no caution sign on any driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2013
alotofgrace: i have windows defender.....plus malwarebyte all uptodate
the funniest thing is that on my device manager...all dudes are up and running, that is, no caution sign on any driver

In addition to previous post make sure yours
is either 32 bit or 16 bit. unsure how to
use google. this applies when you want to
download the drivers from the vendor's website
Have you followed the instructions ? if you had,
please visit AMD & Support
webpage and let it auto-detect the driver, what
error did you get.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2013
deji2009:

In addition to previous post make sure yours
is either 32 bit or 16 bit. unsure how to
use google. this applies when you want to
download the drivers from the vendor's website
Have you followed the instructions ? if you had,
please visit AMD & Support
webpage and let it auto-detect the driver, what
error did you get.

64bit, hp655 , windows 8....the annoying thing - my media players for video will say "has stopped working" and my games wont launch
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2013
alotofgrace:

64bit, hp655 , windows 8....the annoying thing - my media players for video will say "has stopped working" and my games wont launch
originally was it win 7 or win 8 ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2013
8 from factory........solve this problem now or....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cutisman50: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
i just on my laptop this morning and d info dat appear on my screen was dat "Drivelock HDD Bay Password"

deji2009:

Does the message appears when you start your computer or it appears when you
are already in windows, as in you can see your desktop icons and all sorts ?

Did you set any hdd password ? Does the laptop belong to you or someone else ?

Where did you bought it from, shop or from a friend ? The answers you provided would
allow us to assist you in anyway that we can. is it dell, hp or acer?

......the message appear when i on it without getting to windows level..
i didn't set any password.
i bought it fairly used from a shop.the laptop is hp compaq nc6120
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
alotofgrace: 8 from factory........solve this problem now or....

Citation
[b]personally I would restore it [/b]to original settings and
start everything all over again using f11 on start up

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...

Simple instructions:
Navigate to c:\ and right click on the file marked "Users." Select "properties." Under the "General" tab, look at the bottom for the selection that says "Hidden." If there is not a check mark in the box, place a check mark there. Hit "apply", a pop-up window should come up, select "yes" to apply to all subdirectories. It might take a minute to make the change, so just give it a minute to finish.

After it finishes, right-click on the "Users" file again. This time remove the check mark and click "Ok" to apply to all sub-directories again. Once it has finished, your files in the "Users" directory should be good to go, and Catalyst Control Center should function normally again. Hopefully this works for you as well...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
cutisman50: i just on my laptop this morning and d info dat appear on my screen was dat "Drivelock HDD Bay Password"

......the message appear when i on it without getting to windows level..
i didn't set any password.
i bought it fairly used from a shop.the laptop is hp compaq nc6120

Difficulty: professional

This one is so complicated and would advise you
search for onegig or adetwin on this forum to arrange how
to get it repair. They may charge you though or better still
take it to a shop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
I took my mother board to the shop and the engineer cleaned it and then left it to dry. When he put it back in the system. It refused to switch on
and when the charger is plugged into the port, the charging light doesn't show.
He now says that i need a new mother board.
Does anyone know how much An HP 650 Notebook intel pentium mother board costs?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
WackyJ1: I took my mother board to the shop and the engineer cleaned it and then left it to dry. When he put it back in the system. It refused to switch on
and when the charger is plugged into the port, the charging light doesn't show.
He now says that i need a new mother board.
Does anyone know how much An HP 650 Notebook intel pentium mother board costs?
u mean u waited while he cleaned d laptop and got it dried... hmmmm sometin must have gone wrong.. maybe some liquid is still on d motherboard....and wat did u he use in drying it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
brightk: u mean u waited while he cleaned d laptop and got it dried... hmmmm sometin must have gone wrong.. maybe some liquid is still on d motherboard....and wat did u he use in drying it
He used fuel to clean it and then used Sun to dry it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
WackyJ1:

This the second time I will read that someone used fuel to clean a motherboard.

I am laughing my head off grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
WackyJ1:
lol...lol grin grin grin grin..9ja nor de carry last.. and he expects d tin 2 dry up immediately.. lol.....mtchewww some piple nid 2 be flogged.. wetin do all dis clinical alcohol like methylated spirit...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
brightk: lol...lol grin grin grin grin..9ja nor de carry last.. and he expects d tin 2 dry up immediately.. lol.....mtchewww some piple nid 2 be flogged.. wetin do all dis clinical alcohol like methylated spirit...
We waited for up to An hour for it to dry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
gbam.....eureka ..i have do it
grin grin grin grin i forgot their was something call recorver....it do it to my english tu.

GTA am back \cheesy/

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.