Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289689 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2010
^^^^ right click on the icon and choose to pin it to your task. If it is already pinned then un-pin it then drag the icon of the program and repin it to taskbar. that might help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okeyfineboy(m): 9:29am On May 05, 2010
my guy abeg my pc
no de show anytin for
the screen wen u
power it on.even if
does very very
faint.but wen pluged
to light it wil be
showing and wen u
unplug the system wil
b workin but litle or
nofin wil be seen on
d screen.so i cn only
use ma system wit
light pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toladop(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2010
omega25red:

^^^^ right click on the icon and choose to pin it to your task. If it is already pinned then un-pin it then drag the icon of the program and repin it to taskbar. that might help.
  thanks, i have already figured a way out of it.
okeyfineboy:

my guy abeg my pc
no de show anytin for
the screen wen u
power it on.even if
does very very
faint.but wen pluged
to light it wil be
showing and wen u
unplug the system wil
b workin but litle or
nofin wil be seen on
d screen.so i cn only
use ma system wit
light pls help.

this looks like a power settings problem 2 me. Wait 4 d experts 2 reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:04am On May 06, 2010
okeyfineboy:

my guy abeg my pc
no de show anytin for
the screen wen u
power it on.even if
does very very
faint.but wen pluged
to light it wil be
showing and wen u
unplug the system wil
b workin but litle or
nofin wil be seen on
d screen.so i cn only
use ma system wit
light pls help.

like the other gentle man said it seems like a power setting issue. to trouble shoot this you might want to first connect your laptop an external monitor so you can see to check your back light setting. if it was accidentaly turned low. what type of laptop is it and what OS are you running?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Purist(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2010
HELP!! I was watching a movie on Windows Media Player when SUDDENLY, the audio stopped responding, but the visuals kept running. I have run an extensive troubleshoot several times already and it keeps saying that there are no problems with my audio device. I have played other movies, played songs, with other players and though they run smoothly, no sound is produced. The system itself makes no sound at all. I also noticed that whenever I restart the PC, there's usually a small, brief notification that says "audio service is not running" or sum'n like that. One strange thing though is that the audio works well when I connect my headphone. I use an HP Compaq 6735s, and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I'll really be grateful if some practical help comes my way. Thanks a bunch, in anticipation!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okeyfineboy(m): 12:51am On May 07, 2010
@omega is hp compaq evo N620C AND WINDOW OPERATING SYSTEM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:12am On May 07, 2010
okeyfineboy:

@omega is hp compaq evo N620C AND WINDOW OPERATING SYSTEM
hey if you look on your keyboard probably the f8 key it should have the picture of the sun press the Fn key and push that key if that doesn't work then look for the key with the moon on it probably f5 and do the fn plus f5 key. that should turn on your back light
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:21am On May 07, 2010
Purist:

HELP!! I was watching a movie on Windows Media Player when SUDDENLY, the audio stopped responding, but the visuals kept running. I have run an extensive troubleshoot several times already and it keeps saying that there are no problems with my audio device. I have played other movies, played songs, with other players and though they run smoothly, no sound is produced. The system itself makes no sound at all. I also noticed that whenever I restart the PC, there's usually a small, brief notification that says "audio service is not running" or sum'n like that. One strange thing though is that the audio works well when I connect my headphone. I use an HP Compaq 6735s, and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I'll really be grateful if some practical help comes my way. Thanks a bunch, in anticipation!
hey buddy go to this link: www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3687622&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3687621&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4055">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3687622&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3687621&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4055

download the driver and reinstall it restart your computer and hope that helps

Also try checking the control panel and select your sound device looks different in windows 7 but you have to select your sound device and restart your computer also make sure it's not set to only output from your ear phone jack
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Purist(m): 7:20am On May 07, 2010
Thanks so much man! I'll check the link when my system is connected, I'm currently posting this from my phone. Meanwhile, I just noticed in Device Manager that there's this "Other devices" with two "Unknown device" under it. I'm not sure if it was there before. I can't install any driver since the device can't even be detected. I've disabled/uninstalled and enabled/reinstalled, but nothing's changed. Though my sound controller still shows that my "High Definition Audio Device" is working well. The system speaker is set as default and shows that it's working fine, but no sound is produced. Please, how do I check that output stuff in control panel? Thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentlesoul1(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2010
Pls o my laptop keep hanging when am working on it and at times it will just go off. Pls i need urgent reply. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 12:24pm On May 07, 2010
Plz Can i use a dvd rom 2 burn a cd, as in can i use it cd rw?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gtreasure: 1:37pm On May 07, 2010
My Laptod CD drive does not recognize and canot open many CD/VCD/DVD. WHAT CAN I DO OR HW CAN U HELP ME?
THANK U
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 4:06pm On May 07, 2010
:d
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2010
Purist:

HELP!! I was watching a movie on Windows Media Player when SUDDENLY, the audio stopped responding, but the visuals kept running. I have run an extensive troubleshoot several times already and it keeps saying that there are no problems with my audio device. I have played other movies, played songs, with other players and  though they run smoothly, no sound is produced. The system itself makes no sound at all. I also noticed that whenever I restart the PC, there's usually a small, brief notification that says "audio service is not running" or sum'n like that. One strange thing though is that the audio works well when I connect my headphone. I use an HP Compaq 6735s, and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I'll really be grateful if some practical help comes my way. Thanks a bunch, in anticipation!

Dear Purist,

I take it you've tried tec omega25red advice ? Regarding the audio service not running, here's your
diagnostics. [b]click star[/b]t and type in [b]services.msc > press ente[/b]r > scrool down on the list

and look for windows audio device > make sure is not set to [b]manual/disable
, if it is please set to automatic and make sure is set to start

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2010
gtreasure:

My Laptod CD drive does not recognize and canot open many CD/VCD/DVD. WHAT CAN I DO OR HW CAN U HELP ME?
THANK U

Dear gtreasure.

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. Knowing your computer
make, model and operating system type will fast track replies from my fellow colleagues/

Ok, here's your diagnostics and I would urge you to follow the link in an orderly manner. take your
time and make sure you understand everything. Please find link below

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:32pm On May 07, 2010
1stknight:

Plz Can i use a dvd rom 2 burn a cd, as in can i use it cd rw?

Dear 1stknight,

Dvd rom means Read only modules and

can only be use with a ROM disk.

CD RW means R-writable for

coying files to cd. you need this type

DVD RW, please find picture.

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2010
Gentle soul:

Pls o my laptop keep hanging when am working on it and at times it will just go off. Pls i need urgent reply. Thanks

Dear Gentle soul,

What make is your computer and operating system type ? e.g. HP 530 Windows Vista

Where does it hang ? e.g. internet, on starting up or when running multiple applications

How do you mean by "just go off" ? please explain in more details as there's a difference
between hang and just go off"

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Gentle soul,

What make is your computer and operating system type ? e.g. HP 530 Windows Vista

Where does it hang ? e.g. internet, on starting up or when running multiple applications

How do you mean by "just go off" ? please explain in more details as there's a difference
between hang and just go off"

Good luck
I was going to ask the same questions. Also i suspect he either has his laptop sitting on a surface which doesn't allow for air flow there by over heating and hanging or he is running a lot of processor intensive programs at the same time or not properly charging his battery which may be why it shuts off. All these are suspicions but please answer Mr. Deji's questions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:40pm On May 07, 2010
gtreasure:

THANK U
Do you have just a CD drive or a DVD drive? because if you only have a CD drive, then you will not be able to play DVDs on it. Also, as far as VCDs are concerned you mostly just have to find a really good VCD software online which would be installed on your computer and you should be able to play VCDs. Now the other CDs you mentioned, are they copies? as in bootleg? because if they are then you probably have a very old system (because God knows no one buys a computer now adays with just a CD drive) which is not equipped to progressivly scan and play burned Cds. Hope this answers your question.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordbaron: 9:51pm On May 07, 2010
My speaker icon on the lower right screen of my pc is not showing and this makes me unable to listen to jams wat should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Purist(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2010
Hi Deji, thanks for ur input, it's well appreciated. I've run the services.msc and everything's normal. It's set to automatic and all 3 dependencies are also running well. But no sound still, only with an earpiece or headphone. Some guy told me my speaker's fried, I don't want to believe him.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentlesoul1(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2010
It's Dell 600 with window xp. My laptop keep hanging and now if i press d power button to turn it on it won't turn until i continue doing that and if it eventually come up, when working on it like typing, d system will hang and at times it wil just display blue screen and then go off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentlesoul1(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2010
It's Dell 600 with window xp. My laptop keep hanging and now if i press d power button to turn it on it won't turn until i continue doing that and if it eventually come up, when working on it like typing, d system will hang and at times it wil just display blue screen and then go off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 10:10am On May 08, 2010
@all gurus in dah house i need ur help. my lappy fujitsu p3 128 ram is given me headache. whenever i on it.it refuse to boot and gi ves message 'operating system not found' pls help me oh oh oh.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrlex: 11:22am On May 08, 2010
i have a compaq hp,dual core,recently,when i connect to a network,even when connected there is no longer side in the lower right of my destop as it used to be.what should i do,my device manager is up to date
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stuffs4me(m): 6:51pm On May 08, 2010
i recently formated my Acer Aspire 4720z laptop from Vista to Windows 7.
i cant view online vedeos and time i would be reqested to download Adobe Flash payer. this i have downloaded and installed many times and i still cant see online videios,,, wat should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:16am On May 09, 2010
Gentle soul:

Well you seem to have a problem there. one thing i would do if i were you is try to find an xp disc which is the same version and service pack that is currently installed on your computer and do a system repair. you do this by putting the disc in before you turn on the power then press f12 so that it gives you an option to choose where to load the operating system from. choose the CD drive. when the xp starts to load from the disc you will eventually come to a page that asks you to repair or load xp. choose to repair. then it will bring you to a command prompt page (DOS page) if you dont know what to do there type "help" without the quotation. This will show you all the things you can do.
what you might want is "fix mbr" or "fix master boot record" after doing that type "exit" restart you computer hope that helps.
sorry for the long story

also download malwarebytes (do a google search) run it to clean out possible infections. note that you must be online to get best results because you have to get the latest update when you download it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:20am On May 09, 2010
hooged:

@all gurus in dah house i need your help. my lappy fujitsu p3 128 ram is given me headache. whenever i on it.it refuse to boot and gi ves message 'operating system not found' pls help me oh oh oh.
from what you just mentioned, you will need an operating system. Question: was it working before? when did this error message start? what changed as in did someone try to fix something or did you delete something?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:27am On May 09, 2010
mrlex:

i have a compaq hp,dual core,recently,when i connect to a network,even when connected there is no longer side in the lower right of my destop as it used to be.what should i do,my device manager is up to date
would love to help but please explain what you mean by "longer side"

if you mean that you dont have the arrow thingy to scroll up and down the page you might want to change your monitor's setting to a higher quality so you can see the whole page.  right click your desk top click on properties then choose display setting and change the setting to a higher quality and see if that helps

update: actually try pressing "crtl" and f11 that should change your screen to either full screen or normal screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:36am On May 09, 2010
stuffs4me:

i recently formated my Acer Aspire 4720z laptop from Vista to Windows 7.
i cant view online vedeos and time i would be reqested to download Adobe Flash payer. this i have downloaded and installed many times and i still cant see online videios,,, wat should i do?

hey are you using firefox? because firefox needs it's own add on for flash. it you prompt you to download the add on by showning a drop down at the top of the web page and to the right of the drop down you will see a button click it down load the flash and it will ask to restart firefox click restart and that should fix the firefox flash add on thing.
actually what version of windows 7 are you using because there is a huge problem with the 64 bit version. you will have to specify on the adobe website that you want the 64 bits version for it to work assuming that is the windows 7 you have. that would fix both the firefox and explorer video thing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by foxychio(f): 9:54pm On May 12, 2010
Please send me the recent freedom configuration settings to omoh_desurgeon@yahoo.com.au. The old one I'm using just stop. Please I need a remedy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:07pm On May 12, 2010
Wow, Tight!

I have some real exciting packages in store and in line for all you guys, I will update y'all soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.