Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289865 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 5:10am On May 13, 2010
Hello Guys. Please I have a serious problem with my Internal HDD. I just turned on my system and it began to restart at the windows loading page. I then decided to do a repair with XP CD. When the CD boots and it reaches where it says "STARTING WINDOWS" below, right before it askes you whether to repair or format etc, it will just bring a blue screen with ". . . C:\stop Unknown Error . . . 000. . . .0" something like that sha. I tried everything, but samething. Someone told me my HDD is damaged so I'm playing on buying another one (Its an 80Gb SATA HDD). But the real problem is this. I JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THE FILES ON THAT HDD. Its partition and I was thinking whether or not its possible to convert it to an external HDD and then connect through USB then format the C: and recover my files in D:. If this is possible, how do I go about it pls. I just have to recover my files. Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOSCO4ALL: 9:07am On May 13, 2010
hello great 9jas, pls my pc can't play vidio what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MOSCO4ALL: 9:19am On May 13, 2010
pls naijas, my mtn modem is not instulling it use to write one file is missing or replays by another file pls what can i do to it,my no;08138228159 and my mail;lovemosco@yahoo.com,lovemosco@gmail.com.thanks for your brotherwood. 1love
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sizzlers(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2010
please i need help
my Laptop is retarded!!I tried to connect it to the internet via a non ppoe broadband connection but that option isn’t there! SOoo I take it to be repaired thinking it must be broken because it connected to the net just fine using my htc phone. So anyway the repair ppl reinstalled vista home and said it connected fine. Got it home and again the option to connect with a non ppoe is not there!! Called the repair ppl and they said huh don’t know we have wireless and it worked great. What the heck?? So my desktop has just been sitting there. I finally plug it in and decide to mess around with it and now windows won’t open say my product key is invalid! There was an option to have limited connection to be able to buy a new code so I clicked on that to just see what would happen and the dang thing connected to the net!!! I can surf all I want but now can’t get to the windows what is with this thing
pls can u help me with Home premium activation Code for vista pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nedu2000(m): 5:23pm On May 13, 2010
Pls i need help,i woz playing a game on my PC,all of a sudden d game jammed,i had to off d laptop manually,i then tried to put the laptop backon but all it does is for the lights to come on and off with nothing appearing on the screen.i have a hp pavillion 6000,windows xp.i'm desperate.please,please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:38pm On May 13, 2010
nedu2000:

Pls i need help,i woz playing a game on my PC,all of a sudden d game jammed,i had to off d laptop manually,i then tried to put the laptop backon but all it does is for the lights to come on and off with nothing appearing on the screen.i have a hp pavillion 6000,windows xp.i'm desperate.please,please

remove all the peripherals, battery, cd drive any attachments, power cable everything removable and let the thing be for a while, then press the power button without putting anything back o, just press and hold the power button for like a minute, then put everything back and power and lets see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2010
toluxa1:

Hello Guys. Please I have a serious problem with my Internal HDD. I just turned on my system and it began to restart at the windows loading page. I then decided to do a repair with XP CD. When the CD boots and it reaches where it says "STARTING WINDOWS" below, right before it askes you whether to repair or format etc, it will just bring a blue screen with ". . . C:\stop Unknown Error . . . 000. . . .0" something like that sha. I tried everything, but samething. Someone told me my HDD is damaged so I'm playing on buying another one (Its an 80Gb SATA HDD). But the real problem is this. I JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THE FILES ON THAT HDD. Its partition and I was thinking whether or not its possible to convert it to an external HDD and then connect through USB then format the C: and recover my files in D:. If this is possible, how do I go about it pls. I just have to recover my files. Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
it has to do with your registry after installing sp3,i had it and fixed it myself,below is what i did after going on in safe mode. HOW TO STOP ENDLESS LOOP REBOOT FROM SP3 1.) First, boot into Safe Mode. After a reboot or two, you'll probably be given that option, but if not, just tap the F8 key a few times once you see the Windows logo pop up on your screen. 2.) Once you're in Safe Mode, go to Start, Run and type in "regedit" (without the quotes). 3.) That will launch the Registry Editor. Next, you'll need to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Intelppm4.) Once you're there, look in the right hand side pane for an entry that says Start. Right click it and select Modify.5.) In the Value Data box, replace the 1 with a 4. Hit OK to exit the Registry Editor and then reboot your computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:32pm On May 13, 2010
sizzlers:

please i need help
my Laptop is retarded!!I tried to connect it to the internet via a non ppoe broadband connection but that option isn’t there! SOoo I take it to be repaired thinking it must be broken because it connected to the net just fine using my htc phone. So anyway the repair ppl reinstalled vista home and said it connected fine. Got it home and again the option to connect with a non ppoe is not there!! Called the repair ppl and they said huh don’t know we have wireless and it worked great. What the heck?? So my desktop has just been sitting there. I finally plug it in and decide to mess around with it and now windows won’t open say my product key is invalid! There was an option to have limited connection to be able to buy a new code so I clicked on that to just see what would happen and the dang thing connected to the net!!! I can surf all I want but now can’t get to the windows what is with this thing
pls can u help me with Home premium activation Code for vista pls.
why not go back to the place where they reinstalled the vista and tell them to finish the job because if they formatted your drive and did a new install they should have at least given you a copy with a key. Anyway, you dont really need a key to use vista because all you have to do is choose the activate later and it lets you go into the software to use it just dont try to activate it because then you will run into problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2010
MOSCO4ALL:

hello great 9jas, pls my pc can't play vidio what can i do?
go to the website of your computer's manufacturer and go to their support page there you can download the driver that works with the video card in your computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 1:28am On May 14, 2010
Please I am having some issues with my web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla FireFox 3.6.3. Both have been displaying pixelized images or blurred images of thumbnails, especially from sites like Facebook that uses thumbnails a lot. I run Windows 7 64-bit
I do'nt know if this could come from my ISP in some way of web acceleration or if its is a known problem for newer versions of laptop displays being compatible with some websites.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing this?

Is there a solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:16am On May 14, 2010
^^^ one way you could test the different theories you have is use an older computer to connect with your connection and see what happens. By the way does the pixleated picture happen on every site or is it just the two sites you mentioned?

if all else failes uninstall and reinstall the two browsers you are using
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 3:33am On May 14, 2010
omega25red:

it has to do with your registry after installing sp3,i had it and fixed it myself,below is what i did after going on in safe mode. HOW TO STOP ENDLESS LOOP REBOOT FROM SP3 1.) First, boot into Safe Mode. After a reboot or two, you'll probably be given that option, but if not, just tap the F8 key a few times once you see the Windows logo pop up on your screen. 2.) Once you're in Safe Mode, go to Start, Run and type in "regedit" (without the quotes). 3.) That will launch the Registry Editor. Next, you'll need to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Intelppm4.) Once you're there, look in the right hand side pane for an entry that says Start. Right click it and select Modify.5.) In the Value Data box, replace the 1 with a 4. Hit OK to exit the Registry Editor and then reboot your computer.
Thanks for your reply. But the problem is that the system wouldn't even enter the safe mode. As soon as it is trying to load safe mode, it restarts.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 9:53am On May 14, 2010
@omega25red: it happens on many sites. sometimes, other thumbnails show properly while some dont. I started noticin it yesterday afternoon.
Well, let me download the browsers again and try the uinstallations.
Thanks. I'll keep you posted
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2010
@omega: i've tried it but no difference
For those using zain to surf now, i have a question.
How do your thumbnail images show on your web browser, internet explorer or firefox? Do they appear blurred? Example of a site would be facebook. Do people's pictures there appear ok or distorted?
I have been having that problem since yesterday. All i could think of was that maybe zain are using some form of web accelerator that compresses images to improve faster browsing, hence the speed we are all experiencing.
I'm yet to try my mtn connection to see if thats where the problem is from.
Any comments? Suggestions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2010
shilohboy:

@omega25red: it happens on many sites. sometimes, other thumbnails show properly while some dont. I started noticin it yesterday afternoon.
Well, let me download the browsers again and try the uinstallations.
Thanks. I'll keep you posted
hmm i'm not to familiar with the service providers in Nigeria and i doubt that pixilated images would be as a result of the band width that is being provided (i'm sure i'm probably wrong) anyway try changing you resolution or change the view size of your icons or even check to see if your video driver needs an update. Maybe that might help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2010
toluxa1:

Thanks for your reply. But the problem is that the system wouldn't even enter the safe mode. As soon as it is trying to load safe mode, it restarts.
well my friend i would say mess with the settings of your hard drive in the bios checking to see if your SATA drive is diasbled in the bios or changing it's operational modes from AHCI to ATA and if that doesn't work you might need a new drive or better yet take the computer to your local fix it person so they could look at it.

Regarding getting the data off the drive i think i saw something online some years back when something like this happened to me but i'm not sure i'll search if i find anything i'll post it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nedu2000(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2010
@4llerbuntu,my laptop has still refuses to power,the lights still blink but nothing appears on the screen,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obataala(m): 6:44am On May 15, 2010
Good morning to all N landers. @gurus in da house,what can make the SPACE BAR,ENTER &BACK SPACE keys to be inactive, What can be done abt it?. Also what make of anti_virus that offers web protection can i dwload for free.pls include dwload link in your reply. And where can i dwload compatible driver for scan jet ADF7076A scanner with its dwload link. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2010
omega25red:

well my friend i would say mess with the settings of your hard drive in the bios checking to see if your SATA drive is diasbled in the bios or changing it's operational modes from AHCI to ATA and if that doesn't work you might need a new drive or better yet take the computer to your local fix it person so they could look at it.

Regarding getting the data off the drive i think i saw something online some years back when something like this happened to me but i'm not sure i'll search if i find anything i'll post it

UPDATE
I just bought a new 80GB HDD yesterday and I tried to install windows XP OS on it but to my surprise it brought out that same erroe message oooo (HELP!!!). Only thing i can think of now is that I am using the same XP CD. Can it be the XP CD?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2010
toluxa1:

Dear toluxa1,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. could you specify make and model of your computer.

For example: HP 530 Windows Vista, knowing this will help my fellow technicians in narrowing down the cause to either software or a hardware problem.

It will be helpful to specify the exact error message, so as to find the solutions to it. Quote from your post " it will just bring a blue screen with ". . . C:\stop Unknown Error . . . 000. . . .0" something like that sha". That's isn't giving any information to get me going. Be specific and remember we need to know things
in other to advice you. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2010
shilohboy:

Please I am having some issues with my web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla FireFox 3.6.3. Both have been displaying pixelized images or blurred images of thumbnails, especially from sites like Facebook that uses thumbnails a lot. I run Windows 7 64-bit
I do'nt know if this could come from my ISP in some way of web acceleration or if its is a known problem for newer versions of laptop displays being compatible with some websites.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing this?

Is there a solution?

I will use IE 8 as an example. Look for tools on Internet explore > Internet options > advanced > multimedia > show picture> then test

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2010
@4llerbuntu,my laptop has still refuses to power,the lights still blink but nothing appears on the screen,

This overheating issue amongs DV series

Is this HP DV6000. If it is visit http://search.hp.com/gwukeng/query.html?lang=en&search=++&qt=dv6000&la=en&cc=uk&charset=utf-8

Keep turning off and back on again and give this a go make sure you select the right model and operating system then click on Bios update

to control fan algorithm of the system to reduce the likelihood of future system issues.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:24pm On May 15, 2010
Dear  toluxa1

RE :UPDATE

I just bought a new 80GB HDD yesterday and I tried to install windows XP OS on  it but to my surprise it brought out that same erroe message oooo (HELP!!!). Only thing i can think of now is that I am using the same XP CD. Can it be the XP CD?

Does the hard drive looks like this ? This similar to what omega25red is advicing you to do

"omega25red"

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 1:20pm On May 15, 2010
deji2009:

I will use IE 8 as an example. Look for tools on Internet explore > Internet options > advanced > multimedia > show picture> then test

Good luck

@deji: i have tried that. Even tried the image dithering thing too.
Tried stuff from the internet about going to registry, under internet explorer, main and editing the useHR.
It happens to all my browsers(ie, firefox, safari, chrome) pls is there a solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2010
@deji: is it also possible that a web accelerator placed at the server proxy can also cause this? In a bid to improve dial up speeds by the ISP?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2010
tHanks Mr. Deji. I will respond shortly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2010
deji2009:

Dear toluxa1,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. could you specify make and model of your computer.

For example: HP 530 Windows Vista, knowing this will help my fellow technicians in narrowing down the cause to either software or a hardware problem.

It will be helpful to specify the exact error message, so as to find the solutions to it. Quote from your post " it will just bring a blue screen with ". . . C:\stop Unknown Error . . .  000. . . .0" something like that sha". That's isn't giving any information to get me going. Be specific and remember we need to know things
in other to advice you. Good luck

Thank you very much bro. It is a Desktop Computer, Mercury Motherboard, Windows XP, SP3. The Message is brings is
"STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error \SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll".

Does the hard drive looks like this ?

Yes, it looks just like the one in the First Picture (SATA).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluxa1(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2010
shilohboy:

@deji: is it also possible that a web accelerator placed at the server proxy can also cause this? In a bid to improve dial up speeds by the ISP?

Yes! This is very possible and can be the case. Have you tried using your system with another connection?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2010
shilohboy:

right click anywhere on the desktop>
properties>settings>advanced>general 
and then you set the dpi to 96.

everything in your computer
displays smaller

If no joy try

Right clicking the MSN Accelerator icon in your system
tray and set the level to none

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2010
toluxa1:

Thank you very much bro. It is a Desktop Computer, Mercury Motherboard, Windows XP, SP3. The Message is brings is
"STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error \SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll".

Yes, it looks just like the one in the First Picture (SATA).

That's much better. Is Mercury the make of the computer ?

I take it the windows xp disk is service pack 3

more than likely is a service pack 2 disk, if so

pop in to your local shop and ask for service pack 3

Xp disk, shouldn't cost more than 500 naira as i bought

one prior to my visit. use the service pk 3 disk to format
after that then use service pack 2 to install. you
can then install windows update which will auto install service
pack 3.

The unallocated space is causing the problem and needs
service pack 3 disk to isolate it from conflicting with the system.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.