Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,702 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284611 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saddik(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2010
Pls can some1 tell me wat is wrong with my laptop screen (Pic attached), https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-449564.0.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 1:05pm On May 22, 2010
Hi all! Please I need some help on what to do to my mozilla firefox which has not been working, even when I'm connected to the internet via zain connection.

Secondly, my antivirus doesnt update. Anytime I try to update it, it will stop and prompt a message that it cant be updated as an error occurred while downloading update files. Please what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:50pm On May 22, 2010
@okponee does your other browser work with your zain network? if so in firefox go to tools -> preferences -> advanced -> network -> settings (under conections) and make sure no proxy (or auto-detect proxy settings) is selected
as for your antivirus, you may want to uninstall and reinstall it - if you have the installer else get another antivirus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 10:33pm On May 22, 2010
Oh! God bless you Blackweaver. I will do just as you say as other browsers are working well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:36am On May 23, 2010
netotse:

hey pple. . .

i came across a funny problem today, it's a HP probook, 4515s, with windows vista installed, cant really remember the other specs. . .sorry about that

the prob is that once i toggle the wireless switch to the off position, it crashes. . .the computer boots with the wireless on(is that normal?) everything works fine until i try to switch it off and then the computer freezes, the owner said if you wait 30mins it'll come back up, but i dont really know, he doesn't know much about computers sef. . .

Dear netotse,

Here's a link to your laptop make www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3935147&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935146">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3935147&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935146

Identify your operating system type and check if there's any update to solve this issue, most likely it will need a bios
update. make sure you search the website very well for FAQ's

Meanwhile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Make sure charger is connected

Restart laptop and keep pressing
F10 for Bios > use your arrow key to
highlight diagnostics then hard disk test and
give us the result. Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guajn: 4:17am On May 23, 2010
Somebody please help me. Where do I get free drivers for my Lenovo C460M?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:24am On May 23, 2010
Guajn:

Somebody please help me. Where do I get free drivers for my Lenovo C460M?
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/za/en/DriversDownLoads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=287385&OS=Windows%20XP
try this link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guajn: 5:41am On May 23, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kamikazee0(m): 5:47pm On May 23, 2010
Hello All!
My Boot Camp won't partition my hard drive!
Anybody in the house with a Mac OSX (Snow Leopard) installation Disc? Urgently needed.
If u have any useful info. pls drop a line or mail kamikazee0@operamail.com
Cheers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:27pm On May 23, 2010
Guajn:

@Omega
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/za/en/DriversDownLoads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=287385&OS=Windows%20XP
try this link

Is Lenovo V460 same as Lenovo C460M?
actually sorry for the wrong info but the c460m is the same as the g400 search on that same site for the drivers for the g400 that should work for ya
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 9:18am On May 24, 2010
@ Blackweaver. I've tried what you said by uninstalling and re-installing the Eset anti-virus but it still failed to be updated, the system says it can't see server. Even the mozilla firefox still fails to respond when I'm connected to the internet via zain lite. Please what else should I do. Opera often works and internet explorer on few occasion.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:12am On May 24, 2010
hello my opinion is that when softwares start to misbehave
simply download cleanse uninstaller,
run on your system and totally remove the softwares
then re-install them

allow firefox to copy data from internet explorer or opera
then get avast antivirus version 4.8 from www.download.com

call or mail me for the serial
my email add is keyinfo2004@yahoo.ca
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shoebird: 2:32pm On May 24, 2010
Hello House,please i need the setup for Mtn 3G so i can download it,i will be most appreciative if i get a swift response to my request.My email is shoebird2009@yahoo.com.
Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlynton2050(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2010
i have the set up for mtn 3G
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 1:00am On May 25, 2010
@okponee maybe you should just get google-chrome, it's among the fastest browsers available and i don't think you'll have that problem; as for your antivirus, maybe you should consider changing to another one - if you are sure your zain internet connection is not the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chrisbennie(m): 1:04am On May 25, 2010
when i boot my laptop it says "the system has detected the battery is very low.you need to replace your battery" when the battery is 100% its tells me i only have 12min, i need a new one how do i get it ? my laptop is "HP 6735s".please where do i get a new battery, please send me a mail to chris.bennie@yahoo.com, with the amount,
thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 1:05am On May 25, 2010
@xtianh what do you mean by "free internet configuration?" do you mean a config that will allow you to browse for free or free information on hw to configure the internet connection that you've paid for? if it's the former i can't help you since i always pay for my internet connection (besides why not pay for your connection and get a free antivirus); if it;s the latter then we will need to know your internet service provider and the type of hardware (modem brand?) that you have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolulop001(f): 2:52pm On May 25, 2010
hello

pls im getting a bluescreen error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8D5811A6
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052410-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tolu PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-163411-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Tolu PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8046.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

im told its a big deal and can lead to irreversible damage, ive defragmented the hard drive, use just about 80 of my 250G, i dont do anything major on it. my specs are Sony viao VGN NS 20E, Vista Premium, 3G ram, 250 G Harddrive. My anti virus is valid - mcafee, scan weekly, no prior problems with viruses, dont use flash drives often

IM DESPERATE sad sad sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stag: 5:13pm On May 25, 2010
just4just:

hello.

pls when i open some web the system said enable java scripts, how can enable the java script. i use internet exploresr browser, my desktop iswindow xpproffessional with hp mother board

try this menu
open internet explore.
select tools
select internet options (last on dropdown list)
select advanced tab
scroll down, u'd see java
check 'USE JRE, '

also,
internet explorer
select tools menu
click internet options
go to security tab,
scroll down the security settings
you'd see scripting of java applets
click enable

this should solve d problem.
cheers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:55pm On May 25, 2010
Testing My A/c as my repllies are not going through, please ignore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2010
Message now going through cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2010
Okponee:

@ Blackweaver. I've tried what you said by uninstalling and re-installing the Eset anti-virus but it still failed to be updated, the system says it can't see server. Even the mozilla firefox still fails to respond when I'm connected to the internet via zain lite. Please what else should I do. Opera often works and internet explorer on few occasion.

Here's your diagnostics

http://www.ehow.com/how_5062892_disable-proxy-settings-firefox.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:09pm On May 25, 2010
Chris.bennie:

when i boot my laptop it says "the system has detected the battery is very low.you need to replace your battery" when the battery is 100% its tells me i only have 12min, i need a new one how do i get it ? my laptop is "HP 6735s".please where do i get a new battery, please send me a mail to chris.bennie@yahoo.com, with the amount,
thank you.

Dear Chris,

I referenced to the above and do appreciate your explanations. Here's your diagnostics in making
sure the battery is the problem. I have dealt with HP machines and understand how they works

Please find www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Good luck

smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2010
Tolulop001:

hello

pls im getting a bluescreen error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8D5811A6
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052410-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tolu PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-163411-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Tolu PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8046.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

im told its a big deal and can lead to irreversible damage, ive defragmented the hard drive, use just about 80 of my 250G, i dont do anything major on it. my specs are Sony viao VGN NS 20E, Vista Premium, 3G ram, 250 G Harddrive. My anti virus is valid - mcafee, scan weekly, no prior problems with viruses, dont use flash drives often

IM DESPERATE sad sad sad

Dear Tolulope,

Thank you for the above enquiry. Here's your diagnostics.

Click start > all programmes >accessories > system tools >

system restore > click continue > select a date before the

problem first started. e.g. going back 4 days if no date are

available then click show system restore holder than 5 days and
follow on screen instructions and give us feedback.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LULABY: 12:49pm On May 26, 2010
@Dfash there are many things that can cause your battery to stop charging.
the first thing to do is to try a known good charger (i've experience the same problem). if it doesnt work then i must say you are experiencing hardware problem, i.e either the battery cells are dead and need to be changed or the charging circuit/port is fulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LULABY: 2:31pm On May 26, 2010
@passion007
you are not precise on the problem. how do you know that the keys are not working while the OS is not even loading?
Anyway, if the computer really comes on then i will advice you to dismantle the system wash the motherboard with methylated spirit and leave it for like a day before coupling it back. and may be you have to format the HD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stag: 4:57pm On May 26, 2010
Tolulop001:

. . .my specs are Sony viao VGN NS 20E, Vista Premium, 3G ram, 250 G Harddrive. . .

IM DESPERATE sad sad sad

how i hate sony vaio vgn~. fine looking things as they come. had some problems with mine, battled with it and eventually had to scrap it! they are a waste once they start with problems, and sure they'll start with one. what's worse, parts r so rare u get pissed off  angry

not discouraging u, but my experience really pissed me off. even almighty OTIGBA couldn't solve its problem  shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.