Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273521 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
hey how much of a difference is there between a 2.8GHz processor and a 3.2GHz one.

im torn between buying one of either so am trying to decide if the difference will be worth the price difference!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cardoso111(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2010
My Hp Compaq6735s is slow but i guess i need another 1g RAM to speed up.what do you think?can someone sell me 1G ram to me fast!
call me.2348033666045
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bitterpill: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
My laptop cannot detect USB modem for both MTN and Glo. The message I keep getting is "The device has been disconnected or is unavailable". Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamace(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
House, I downloaded some files from the internet and when I tried to open them I couldnt. When I made effort to open them with different programs, I couldnt still. On searching the net I saw a software called FILE HELPER that can be used to open and correct any damaged program file in the computer. I couldnt access this as I was asked for the KEY and/or purchase the software. Please who has the key or knows any way I can open all files on my pc. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mayrho(m): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2010
Hi guys I need help pronto please
I have this USB broadband modem from starcomms I need to share it so i can use along with other guys in my crib I got a Belkin router but it didn't come with a USB port on it so i guess i gas to share it via my PC am running Windows vista please any clues on how to go about it thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ice234: 7:30am On Jul 09, 2010
my document folder disappeared from the n
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngestpr(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
anybody help, i formatted my system and re installed all the drivers. but the sleep button and the sound card still did not work. how do i know the right driver to install. urgent. twonjee2002@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oNj(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
Hi, pls is there any way I can make 32 bit programs run on 64 bit windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by proxies(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
I need drivers for an unnamed laptop, any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2010
I posted replies for everyone here but now it's gone. Nairaland sucks!!!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rukhad: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2010
NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS PLS !!!

My Plastic Card Printer Eltron Zebra P310i, cannot print a test label. After power up i press the blue button and the ribbon starts to move then stops and the yellow ribbon light starts flashing right away. Any ideas what to do to rectify this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ice234: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2010
proxies:

u need to quote the laptop make an the operating system for u to get the driver. go to ur laptop maker site and click on drivers download them its free or bet still go to computer village. its just 200 naira there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oNj(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2010
Hi everyone;
How do I get 32 bit programs to run on my 64 windows se7en?

"Program Compatibility" feature of MS didn't help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:37am On Jul 11, 2010
oNj:

Hi everyone;
one thing you can do is try the vista 64bit version most times it works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:40am On Jul 11, 2010
proxies:

how is your laptop un-named? where did you get it from?? would someone else know the name?? flip the computer over and look at the label on the bottom of it you should get some kinda of a clue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comrade2009: 3:15am On Jul 11, 2010
pls what can i do to rectify my laptop problem, the problem is that window was corrupted and i tried to format it but the window does not completed the formatting. it just bring out different types of error. what is the diferent between FAT and NTFS in formatting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2010
^^what do you mean windows was corrupted??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2010
oNj:

Hi everyone;

It should work normally. No compatibility required. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2010
rukhad:

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS PLS !!!

My Plastic Card Printer Eltron Zebra P310i, cannot print a test label. After power up i press the blue button and the ribbon starts to move then stops and the yellow ribbon light starts flashing right away. Any ideas what to do to rectify this?
It's either the catridge is not inserted properly or something is blocking the paper feed. Try and open it, check for the normal things and close it again. Then switch it off and on again. Good Luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2010
youngestpr:

anybody help, i formatted my system and re installed all the drivers. but the sleep button and the sound card still did not work. how do i know the right driver to install. urgent. twonjee2002@yahoo.com
proxies:

You have to be online with the system that has missing drivers to do this. Open your device manager. You can do this by typing "devmgmt.msc" in run (which can be opened by pressing WinKey + R). Right Click the device which you want to install the driver and click update driver. Then use search automatically online. Another crazy option (which I don't really trust) is to download a driver finder. There are so many of them but make sure the one you are using is trusted. You can use google to help yourself. Good Luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2010
bitterpill:

My laptop cannot detect USB modem for both MTN and Glo. The message I keep getting is "The device has been disconnected or is unavailable". Please help.
Make sure the modem is connected properly to your USB port. If you are using an extender cable, try connecting it directly to your PC. Also, it's better you stick to using one port/hub for your modem so your system can remember and recognize it easily.
Good Luck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2010
jamace:

House, I downloaded some files from the internet and when I tried to open them I couldnt. When I made effort to open them with different programs, I couldnt still. On searching the net I saw a software called FILE HELPER that can be used to open and correct any damaged program file in the computer. I couldnt access this as I was asked for the KEY and/or purchase the software. Please who has the key or knows any way I can open all files on my pc. Thanks.
What is the file extension of the file you want to open (the last letters of the name of the file starting from .). WHen you find the file extension use google and use "open [file extension] file extension" as your search query. where you replace [file extension] with the file extension of the file.
Good Luck

4llerbuntu:

hey how much of a difference is there between a 2.8GHz processor and a 3.2GHz one.

im torn between buying one of either so am trying to decide if the difference will be worth the price difference!!!!
Lol. You and your pc craze. . Well if you have an AC in your workplace, I guess you go with the 3.2 but if you don't have good ventillation, it might be dangerous. . besides if you're not really running realtime jobs like programming and compilations etc. . I think you will be perfectly OK with the 2.8 WIndows can really go crazy on fast processors. I have seen it. smiley

ps: I will try and post more replies later on. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doziej84: 5:08am On Jul 12, 2010
PLS WHICH EXTERNAL HARD DISK IS BETTER BETWEEN LG, SEAGATE & TOSHIBA.

I NEED TO BUY ONE & I NEED IDEAS ON WHICH ONE IS MORE RELIABLE.

THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.