Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274466 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ItGeek(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
Hello Guys

i have a problem with my compaq desktop. the cmos battery went bad, i purchased a new one installed it and powered the system but any time i try to save the initial config to the cmos by pressing F1, the system restarts and gives 5 short beeps with a red light on the power led. i will really appreciate your contributions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeak123(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
I need d battery for my DV 6700.where can i get it and how much.Could someone help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tipsydude(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Hello guys, pls I am in desperate need of ur assistance. My MacBook Air recently stopped booting, I used it last on the 4th of July and shut it down normally but when I switched it on the nxt day, it attempted booting b4 displaying "You Need To Restart Your Computer By Holding Down The Power Button For Several Seconds or By Pressing The Restart Button." When I hold down the power button for several seconds, it goes off. I have tried the Left Shift + Control + Option + Enter Key to no avail, I also tried the Option + Command + P + R simultaneously after the first chime it makes when it comes on to get it to chime again but it still displays the same message, I have run out of options at my end and what is left for me to do is to send it to Apple Inc. so they could look into it themselves but I can't embark on such expenses at this time. I would highly appreciate it if anyone can come up with a solution that I do not know off but that does not entail having to open up the base cos that is a complete No-No.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hello House, please can someone help me with this problem.

Whenever I try to update windows I end up receiving this error message.

Error found

code: 8024402f
windows update encountered an unknown error.

I'm using windows vista, 32bit

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatgeo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
help to ddownload freedom solft pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
hello pls i have problem with my acer netbook window xp, virus attacked it yesterday,soo whenever i switch on my system a comand prompt will appear and this message

C:\DOCUME~\user\haihaep.exe the NTVVDM
CPU has encountered an illegal instuction.
Cs:0dd0 IP:331a OP:8c b2 cb.

pls house help me ohhh i dont want to format this system,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
is anybody home shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
at all the durus , pls attend to my question above
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by makky(f): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2010
Pls i really do need ur help. I use a windows Xp, Hp compaq 615, AMD Athlon *2 64. It has been formatted once, after dat, it lost its sound. I have tried searchn, download & installing drivers to restore it but all to no avail. Pls even it means u lookn at it by urself, i wnt mind bringn it to ur office, it means so much to me. I dnt visit dis forum much, kindly mail me a reply on wat to do, makky_alone@yahoo.com. Thanks a great deal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brosibro(m): 2:31am On Jul 15, 2010
pls can any one help? my wireless network connects but wont browse and other frds pc browse with the unsecured wireless we've got in sch. i have even formatted the pc still will not work and also disabled the firewall and it remains pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 7:31am On Jul 15, 2010
hooged:

hello pls i have problem with my acer netbook window xp, virus attacked it yesterday,soo whenever i switch on my system a comand prompt will appear and this message

some1 pls help with this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FBS: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2010
tipsydude:

Hello guys, pls I am in desperate need of your assistance. My MacBook Air recently stopped booting, I used it last on the 4th of July and shut it down normally but when I switched it on the nxt day, it attempted booting b4 displaying "You Need To Restart Your Computer By Holding Down The Power Button For Several Seconds or By Pressing The Restart Button." When I hold down the power button for several seconds, it goes off. I have tried the Left Shift + Control + Option + Enter Key to no avail, I also tried the Option + Command + P + R simultaneously after the first chime it makes when it comes on to get it to chime again but it still displays the same message, I have run out of options at my end and what is left for me to do is to send it to Apple Inc. so they could look into it themselves but I can't embark on such expenses at this time. I would highly appreciate it if anyone can come up with a solution that I do not know off but that does not entail having to open up the base cos that is a complete No-No.

Thanks.

Thank you for your recent enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. Here's what happened,

By switching off your MacBook while it was updating your computer, you essentially aborted the process before it had fully completed. This means that some aspects of your system may have been modified but are now unusable as the updating did not have time to complete.

Also, if your computer was attempting to update the Mac OS X operating system, there is a high chance that you may have corrupted your computer by terminating the update process. Updates often remove old files and replace them with new ones, and cancelling this process may result in some files required for your system to operate being removed - but not given time to be replaced. Your computer may now be unstable, or unfunctional altogether.

Insert your Mac OS X reinstall disc that came with your computer and boot up your computer while holding down "C". This will force your Mac to boot straight from the CD and allow you to reinstall Leopard (or which ever Operating System you use) and thus correct the files which became corrupted when you switched off your Mac during the update.

If this doesn't work, then I'd suggest you taking your computer to an Apple store and ask them what they can do for you. You must explain what happened and they may be able to fix it for you.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2010
@fbs thanks for your help , but problem not yet solve

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tipsydude(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2010
@ deji2009

tnx mate 4 ur concise explanation. will try d reinstall option 2day. will let u knw how it turns out. am really grateful 4 ur response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jidobaba(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
hooged:

@fbs thanks for your help , but problem not yet solve

^^try starting it in safe mode. i.e. as it is boothing press f10, select safe mode and enter
from there you either
a) restore to a previous state(run msconfig/tools/system restore) or
b) if you know the location of the virus file( probably C:\DOCUME~\user\haihaep.exe), locate and delete it

Now restart your system normally
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
jidobaba:

^^try starting it in safe mode. i.e. as it is boothing press f10, select safe mode and enter
from there you either
a) restore to a previous state(run msconfig/tools/system restore) or
b) if you know the location of the virus file( probably C:\DOCUME~\user\haihaep.exe), locate and delete it

Now restart your system normally

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
Follow my colleague advice then test. That the 1st step in narrowing
down the cause. could be you're running 32 bit application on 16 bit
machine. Choose IGNORE to the error message (not close) as many times as necessary.
Launch a good virus scanner Reboot then test

Or

Click START, select FIND. In the FIND dialog box, type: updatemgr.exe. See the directory in which the file has lodged. In Windows Explorer, get to the file, right-click on it, select PROPERTIES. Who owns it? Is there an indication of its function.

Next, rename the file. Right-click it, select RENAME and rename it to, say, updatemgr.old. RESTART your computer. Do you still get the error message. Not likely.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
makky:

Pls i really do need your help. I use a windows Xp, Hp compaq 615, AMD Athlon *2 64. It has been formatted once, after dat, it lost its sound. I have tried searchn, download & installing drivers to restore it but all to no avail. Pls even it means u lookn at it by urself, i wnt mind bringn it to your office, it means so much to me. I dnt visit dis forum much, kindly mail me a reply on wat to do, makky_alone@yahoo.com. Thanks a great deal.

Dear Makky,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate all your explanations.

Here's a link to download the sound drivers specifically for your machine.

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3958412&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3958411&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113165">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3958412&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3958411&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113165

Would you check to make sure is the right machine type and model before continuing

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SUKKIE(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Deji and the brethren

I've gt no computer issues but I must admit u guyz are doing a great job and Deji your manners are very enviable.Great stuff!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 4:50am On Jul 16, 2010
Guys pls help! I use a windows vista wit a Hp compaq desktop. About a week ago my younger broda tries to compress d drive c:// which he didn't even completed bt since den my P.C av nt been able to booth .the msg it gives is dat d booth files hav been compresed n dat i should press Alt+Ctrl+del to restart, bt if i press it it restart and display the msg again! What should i do pls!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by makky(f): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2010
@deji2009, Wat more can i say, am totally indebted to u, thank u for ur response. I'll do exactly just that, i hope it works fine now, but after d installation & d problem persists, then its nt a drivers problem bt a sound card problem. I will keep u posted abt it, do have a blessed day.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meetmuyiwa(m): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
My network Gurus in Nairaland. pls i need ur hlp. i work in a cafe and we do connect pple's laptop to our network for them to browse. but some laptops do refuse to connect to the network giving the error "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network ". what could be the cause of this and what is the solution. it happens mostly with windows XP OS. thanks guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogbon: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hi,
My dvd/cd rom stops writing to disc whether cd r/rw or dvd r/rw and doesnot read cd anymore, it only read dvd. Pls what can do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2010
meetmuyiwa:

My network Gurus in Nairaland. pls i need your hlp. i work in a cafe and we do connect pple's laptop to our network for them to browse. but some laptops do refuse to connect to the network giving the error "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network ". what could be the cause of this and what is the solution. it happens mostly with windows XP OS. thanks guys

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
Before you continue take time to read what have typed. Ok, Here's it is

After about 30 minutes of fiddling around with my spare laptop, I was able to figure out what the problem was. Here’s how to connect to your wireless router if you are getting this message.

Click on the Wireless Networks tab and select the network in the list at the bottom. Click on Properties once you select the wireless network that is having problems.

Click on the Authentication tab and now uncheck the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network box. If the box was checked, then that was why you were getting the unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network message because Windows is looking for one, but your wireless router is not setup for certificate security.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.