Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268758 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by COOL10(m): 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good evening people. Ok,so my Acer laptop has been faulty for about a week now. It started with a black/blue screen of death. I tried reseating the RAM and it later got on after many trials. But........ It came on with horizontal colored lines blurring half the screen. Whether it's an LCD Cable problem or not I don't know. Some days back I put it on and found some thick blue line splayed across the top right corner of the laptop. Being confused right now is an understatement. I just pray it's not a screen problem. Pls help cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2018
COOL10:
Good evening people. Ok,so my Acer laptop has been faulty for about a week now. It started with a black/blue screen of death. I tried reseating the RAM and it later got on after many trials. But........ It came on with horizontal colored lines blurring half the screen. Whether it's an LCD Cable problem or not I don't know. Some days back I put it on and found some thick blue line splayed across the top right corner of the laptop. Being confused right now is an understatement. I just pray it's not a screen problem. Pls help cry

Hello.

What was the state if the screen before the BSOD?

... and do you still see images and characters even with the "blue line spray" ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Torbahmk: 1:17am On Jul 26, 2018
Pls help ur brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Torbahmk: 1:20am On Jul 26, 2018
My PC's power led light only blinks twice and goes off again,and d system is not coming up at all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otakulin: 6:51am On Jul 26, 2018
ucheuzor1:
Please help. I changed my laptop harddisk because my previous one was failing. Now I tried using the old one as external harddisk so I can copy out my files. The harddisk shows USB mass storage ready, the light is on but I cant see the harddisk partition on my laptop.

Please i need help on hw to retrieve my datas. I really need them

You can please try to check the disk management and see how the old hard disk works. If there is no problem with the hard disk, you can try to give a drive letter to the hard drive. If it doesn't help, give a try with some third-party software to clone the hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dominatrix(f): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2018
My HP laptop will not power-up, any reasons associated with this problem and what do I have to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 10:11am On Jul 26, 2018
please my hp 2000 is unable to come on. it gave an error I've forgotten it. something like Cannot boot from media... the next day it did not show anything and it goes off after some time. I noticed that the hard disk stopped rolling also, but wen I put it in my hard disk case it worked. please what is the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2018
Dominatrix:
My HP laptop will not power-up, any reasons associated with this problem and what do I have to do?

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer so he can troubleshoot it and see where the problem is coming from.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2018
odizeey:
please my hp 2000 is unable to come on. it gave an error I've forgotten it. something like Cannot boot from media... the next day it did not show anything and it goes off after some time. I noticed that the hard disk stopped rolling also, but wen I put it in my hard disk case it worked. please what is the problem.

Looks like your hdd has shifted from the connector. Open the back of the laptop and connect it back then use something to pack it so it won't shift again.

Goes off after some minutes, simply take it to an engineer for servicing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by COOL10(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

What was the state if the screen before the BSOD?

... and do you still see images and characters even with the "blue line spray" ?
. I see very little or nothing. It's mostly a white background
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tglobal08(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2018
airsaylongcon:

https:// ftp. hp. com/ pub/ softlib/ software13/ COL44939/ fp-148007-1/ Dot4x64. msi

Link to the Windows 8+ (64-bit) driver

Delete all the spaces which were inserted to get around the bot

not still work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
COOL10:
. I see very little or nothing. It's mostly a white background

... Most likely the display...You might need to start thinking of screen replacement...
*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
odizeey:
try to snap the error message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
Thedelight:
Please, I need help. My hp laptop isn't charging when connected. If I mouse on the battery icon, it shows 'plugged in, not charging.'
faulty battery or charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
greatestboss:
Good afternoon bosses, My HP Elitebook 8470p is not starting up again after it entered sleep mode.. It only blinks a white charging light anytime I plug it and it won't come up... Please help!
elitebook series are prone to this issues. You may have to replace the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
miqos02:
elitebook series are prone to this issues. You may have to replace the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
miqos02:

Mehn.. That's sad, I just got the system.. Please how much can I get another motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
miqos02:
try to snap the error message
the system does not come on again. I've forgotten the name of the error.

but it relates to booting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
greatestboss:

Mehn.. That's sad, I just got the system.. Please how much can I get another motherboard?

You don't have to replace the motherboard.

There is a short on the motherboard and any chip level engineer will sort it out within 30mins or less.

Take it to a laptop engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatestboss(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

There is a short on the motherboard and any chip level engineer will sort it out within 30mins or less.

Okay.. Thanks boss.. Please can you give me any good engineer's contact you know abt?.. Either around UI, Ibadan or Ikeja, Lagos..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Knowing exactly what you're doing is key.

For example.
Knowing exactly where to check for a particular motherboard fault.
For example, every chip requires clock signal, rtc and supplies to work well.

If you know how to read and understand schematic diagram, know how to read ic data sheet, know how to calculate voltage divider, know the importance voltage and signal to make a particular chip work.

Also confidence.

If you want to know more, let me assume you already have experience and want to know more, quote this post.

Modified

Oscilloscope : you must also learn how to use this tool, very very important.
This will help you solve 90% or more of your job.

You will use it to check clock signal, bios chip to know if it is working well, use it to know if a particular pin is working fine and also if the capacitor is filtering current well etc.
can a multimeter substitute this oscilloscope?

And please....if anyone have hp envy m6 carcass and touchpad flex shud pm me...its urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
morningstar55:
can a multimeter substitute this oscilloscope?

And please....if anyone have hp envy m6 carcass and touchpad flex shud pm me...its urgent

Naa, though we have some multimeters with oscilloscope though can't handle some jobs cos of low bandwidth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
greatestboss:

u can let a tech check it out for you first, but the board may cost around 20k upwards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

true talk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Knowing exactly what you're doing is key.

For example.
Knowing exactly where to check for a particular motherboard fault.
For example, every chip requires clock signal, rtc and supplies to work well.

If you know how to read and understand schematic diagram, know how to read ic data sheet, know how to calculate voltage divider, know the importance voltage and signal to make a particular chip work.

Also confidence.

If you want to know more, let me assume you already have experience and want to know more, quote this post.

Modified

Oscilloscope : you must also learn how to use this tool, very very important.
This will help you solve 90% or more of your job.

You will use it to check clock signal, bios chip to know if it is working well, use it to know if a particular pin is working fine and also if the capacitor is filtering current well etc.
I want to know more bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
miqos02:
I want to know more bro

Do you have experience in chip level repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Do you have experience in chip level repair?
no
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okunade55: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
I need bottom plate for Dell Inspiron 14-7437

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yungmayor02(m): 2:54am On Jul 27, 2018
please is it possible for me to get a replacement hinge for HP PAVILION 15-P200NIA NOTEBOOK,the hinge got broken and i cant close the lid
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:18am On Jul 27, 2018
yungmayor02:
please is it possible for me to get a replacement hinge for HP PAVILION 15-P200NIA NOTEBOOK,the hinge got broken and i cant close the lid

Is posible let’s see the picture
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2018
okunade55:
I need bottom plate for Dell Inspiron 14-7437

This is fixable, you really don't have to change the Down carcass.

A good engineer will do it and loosen the hinges a bit so it won't happen again

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello. Morning everyone.

@odizeey, @geatestboss.
Diagnosis, diagnosis, diagnosis.... This takes away at least 90% plus of doubts from a certain issue. Take to a technician.

@youngmayor02, we need to see the picture of the said hp15. That series doesn't help(most times) when it comes to getting the hinges.

@okunade55, rather than get a complete bottom case, which will cost like 1/10 the cost of the laptop, why don't you take to @udemzyudex advise of having it properly fixed? Costs up to 1/20 the cost of the PC

Note; many who have the complete bottom might not want to sell just the down plate!! Being a recent laptop.

Although, the picture you sent does not truly reflect the status of the bottom plate. However I believe it's fixable.

@morningstar55
Envy m6 full carcass is available. But it's brand new. Touchpad flex is not available.
Do you mind a used one that's not looking so fresh?

*Cheers everyone*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.