Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269308 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zerro(m): 11:34am On Aug 31, 2018
Razak5:

Hi
What type of laptop?
Does your laptop run a Celeron processor?
yes bro,, dell inspiron mini laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
Realberg:
Applied your settings. It's still damn slow. Here's the system information:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Latitude D420
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U2500 @ 1.20GHz, 1200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A01, 6/22/2006
SMBIOS: Version 2.4
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name: USER-PC\Administrator
Installed Physical Memory: (RAM) 2.50 GB
Total Physical Memory: 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory: 215 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 3.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.60 GB

ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE!

Bro

That your processor is too weak!
1.20GHz in 2018.
There's really nothing much you can do. Even if you upgrade the RAM/HDD, its still going to be slow.

If you were in port harcourt, i would have recommended someone for you that could help upgrade that processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
chucksbadt:

Bro

That your processor is too weak!
1.20GHz in 2018.
There's really nothing much you can do. Even if you upgrade the RAM/HDD, its still going to be slow.

If you were in port harcourt, i would have recommended someone for you that could help upgrade that processor.
How do one upgrade processor ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CodeTemplar: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2018
Dboy55:
What is the model of your processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What is the model of your processor?
1.9 GHZ,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
Dboy55:

Let me rephrase, you don't actually upgrade your processor, you change it. Most motherboards I've seen, the processor chip is removable. So simply put, you take that processor chip out and look for one with a higher processing speed. It may or may not match, you keep trying till you get the one that match.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CodeTemplar: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
Dboy55:
1.9 GHZ,
The model isn't same as the speed. 1.9GHZ is the frequency and not model. Model can be something like Core i5 2450M.

Go to your computer system properties and check it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
how much for HP630 Complete Casing, please I don't want a new one and how much is the top casing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
Mosesoly:
how much for HP630 Complete Casing , please I don't want a new one and how much is the top casing

Hello.

grin grin Top Casing or whole casing, Im seeing 2 requests already
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
zerro:

yes bro,, dell inspiron mini laptop

Well., if it runs an atom processor (The lowest in the league of intel processors) then it's a bad Idea!!!

If you are running a celeron processor, play in low settings and never update to PES 2011 or higher.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hi my laptop goes blank anytime i want to update the graphic adapter.. The laptop is on Microsoft basic adapter.. I can't play game on that.. Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=Razak5 post=70790246][/b]

Hello.

grin grin Top Casing or whole casing, Im seeing 2 requests already[/quote

I want to know the price for the two, the bottom is still manageable, if it is not expensive i can go for both
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
vinxce:
Hi my laptop goes blank anytime i want to update the graphic adapter.. The laptop is on Microsoft basic adapter.. I can't play game on that.. Please help

Updating online or driver pack?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
vinxce:

Hello.

Are you installing the driver from the internet or from an offline installer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zerro(m): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
Razak5:

Well., if it runs an atom processor (The lowest in the league of intel processors) then it's a bad Idea!!!

If you are running a celeron processor, play in low settings and never update to PES 2011 or higher.

*Cheers*
ProcessorIntel Celeron N3050
Graphics adapterIntel HD Graphics (Braswell),

bro thats the processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Are you installing the driver from the internet or from an offline installer?
i tried installation from internet it went blank... I tried all types of graphics adapter.. Nivedia intel Amd still not working... I even bought a driver cd yet the same thing... It goes blank... Then i have to go to safe mode to uninstall the driver... The laptop only works with Microsoft basic adapter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
udemzyudex:

Updating online or driver pack?
i tried installation from internet it went blank... I tried all types of graphics adapter.. Nivedia intel Amd still not working... I even bought a driver cd yet the same thing... It goes blank... Then i have to go to safe mode to uninstall the driver... The laptop only works with Microsoft basic adapter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:00am On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:
Which driver pack did you use? I'll advice you Google the right version of display adapter for your laptop, you will definitely see reviews.

Some driver always come with bugs you need to check reviews especially if you're downloading online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:38am On Sep 01, 2018
zerro:

ProcessorIntel Celeron N3050
Graphics adapterIntel HD Graphics (Braswell),

bro that's the processor

Yeah, I just gave a recommendation. You can play in low settings but it's no guarantee you'll enjoy the game due to frequent lag.

Also if your PC was supposed to last for a 2 yrs, be prepared to ditch it in about a year and half.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:41am On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:

Give us the full model number of the laptop we're talking about.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zerro(m): 2:54am On Sep 01, 2018
Razak5:

Yeah, I just gave a recommendation. You can play in low settings but it's no guarantee you'll enjoy the game due to frequent lag.

Also if your PC was supposed to last for a 2 yrs, be prepared to ditch it in about a year and half.
tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2018
Razak5:

Give us the full model number of the laptop we're talking about.
dell inspiron n5110 core i5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 7:06am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Which driver pack did you use? I'll advice you Google the right version of display adapter for your laptop, you will definitely see reviews.

Some driver always come with bugs you need to check reviews especially if you're downloading online.
i tried everything possible thing.. Including all type of driver pack intel... Nividea.... Amd still nothing.... My laptop is dell inspiron n5110 core i5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MicroSweet(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2018
My elitebook 6930p suddenly stopped displaying images on the screen after successful booting. The screen remains blank. No display of any sort. What could be the possible cause and solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:
i tried everything possible thing.. Including all type of driver pack intel... Nividea.... Amd still nothing.... My laptop is dell inspiron n5110 core i5

Format or reload the operating system again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:
My elitebook 6930p suddenly stopped displaying images on the screen after successful booting. The screen remains blank. No display of any sort. What could be the possible cause and solution.

After booting? Do you get any image immediately you power it on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MicroSweet(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

After booting? Do you get any image immediately you power it on?
NO FORM OF DISPLAY WHATSOEVER. Screen remains off like you never turned the PC on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:

NO FORM OF DISPLAY WHATSOEVER. Screen remains off like you never turned the PC on

OK when you power it on, press the caplock button on your keyboard repeatedly to see if the caplock light will off and on.

Also note that 6930p have two types of motherboard, one is graphic and non-graphic.

The one with graphic chip always have this kind of fault, If the caplock is not blinking you can check the ram slot, if after checking or changing the ram and it still doesn't display then fault is from a fail graphic chip.

You can take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MicroSweet(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

OK when you power it on, press the caplock button on your keyboard repeatedly to see if the caplock light will off and on.

Also note that 6930p have two types of motherboard, one is graphic and non-graphic.

The one with graphic chip always have this kind of fault, If the caplock is not blinking you can check the ram slot, if after checking or changing the ram and it still doesn't display then fault is from a fail graphic chip.

You can take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.
The RAM has been checked and it's fine. If it's from graphic chip, would it require a replacement? I'm just skeptical about going to any technician I'm not sure of due to my experience with a phone technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:

The RAM has been checked and it's fine. If it's from graphic chip, would it require a replacement? I'm just skeptical about going to any technician I'm not sure of due to my experience with a phone technician.

You will hardly see an engineer with the tool to replace the graphic chip unless if you're in Enugu state, I know someone there that can replace it but it expensive, you could spend between 10-12k, which if you add little money you can get a used motherboard.

If you take it to an engineer, the issue is going to be resolve temporarily, depends sometimes 1 months or after 2weeks the issue will come back again.(you can give it to an engineer to reflow the grpahich chip if you're not ready to replace the motherboard and want to use the system)

The best solution is to replace the motherboard.
If you're in lagos, I can give you a used (non-graphic) at an affordable price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MicroSweet(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

You will hardly see an engineer with the tool to replace the graphic chip unless if you're in Enugu state, I know someone there that can replace it but it expensive, you could spend between 10-12k, which if you add little money you can get a used motherboard.

If you take it to an engineer, the issue is going to be resolve temporarily, depends sometimes 1 months or after 2weeks the issue will come back again.(you can give it to an engineer to reflow the grpahich chip if you're not ready to replace the motherboard and want to use the system)

The best solution is to replace the motherboard.
If you're in lagos, I can give you a used (non-graphic) at an affordable price.
ok. Not in Lag
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:

ok. Not in Lag

OK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.