Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (945) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269311 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elcapo(m): 9:20am On Sep 01, 2018
Please Gurus in the house help me,

my laptop (Dell inspirion 15) just hangs up and restart, sometimes it makes a wierd sound while hanging
and it brings some message when rebooting.
It does this like 7-15 times daily I'm really confused cry

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2018
Hi, my system is hanging and I can't turn it off cos it's not responding.. Lately I've been getting notifs that window explorer is not responding and I've been ignoring it... Could that be the cause of the problem and what is the solution ...

Udemzyudex, Razak5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2018
harriet412:
Hi, my system is hanging and I can't turn it off cos it's not responding.. Lately I've been getting notifs that window explorer is not responding and I've been ignoring it... Could that be the cause of the problem and what is the solution ...

Udemzyudex, Razak5

There is a possibility that there is virus on your system, first how many GB RAM is installed and what's the remaining hdd size?

You can pull out the ba3 and insert it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2018
Elcapo:

my laptop (Dell inspirion 15) just hangs up and restart, sometimes it makes a wierd sound while hanging

Does your laptop switch off by itself or do you switch it off by using the power button?

I'll Advice you do a system restore to previous date it was working fine, the wierd sound could possibly be from your hard drive or fan you just have to pay attention to it to see where it is coming from.

If it's from the hdd, I wouldn't want to write it off yet so just do a system restore or you reload the operating system.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

There is a possibility that there is virus on your system, first how many GB RAM is installed and what's the remaining hdd size?

You can pull out the ba3 and insert it back.

Inbuilt ba3 cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2018
harriet412:

Inbuilt ba3 cry

Ops, sometimes a bad keyboard will make your laptop to hang, have you noticed any sign of keyboard not working properly?

Hold down the power button till it goes off by itself and power it on then press f2 to system diagnostic to see if there is any hardware failure.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Ops, sometimes a bad keyboard will make your laptop to hang, have you noticed any sign of keyboard not working properly?

Hold down the power button till it goes off by itself and power it on then press f2 to system diagnostic to see if there is any hardware failure.

My keyboard works perfectly fine..
Wait o, if there's any hardware failure, hope that one will not be an issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:38am On Sep 01, 2018
harriet412:

My keyboard works perfectly fine..
Wait o, if there's any hardware failure, hope that one will not be an issue

Depends, test to see if hdd is in good condition.

If yes, I'll suggest you reload the operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Format or reload the operating system again.
i have done that about a gazillion times.. Still nothing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:
i have done that about a gazillion times.. Still nothing

With same version?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

With same version?
i have tried windows 10 and 8.1 but i haven't tried windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elcapo(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Does your laptop switch off by itself or do you switch it off by using the power button?

I'll Advice you do a system restore to previous date it was working fine, the wierd sound could possibly be from your hard drive or fan you just have to pay attention to it to see where it is coming from.

If it's from the hdd, I wouldn't want to write it off yet so just do a system restore or you reload the operating system.

Thanks for the response, I sometimes had to press the power button to shut it down, but most times it restarts by itself after the percent countdown completes.
About the sound, I think it's not the fan cos even when earpiece is plugged in, I hear the sounds through it.

And finally, I've never backed it up before, how do I restore the system?
Does it mean I'm gonna loose all my files??!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:
i have tried windows 10 and 8.1 but i haven't tried windows 7

Try that one and what's the model of your laptop?

Before that, try and install in save mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
vinxce:
dell inspiron n5110 core i5

When last did you update your BIOS?

Hi.
First of all, trying all driver pack isn't the way out of this problem.
Put the following into consideration:

1. Dell Inspironn n5110 is designed to work well with windows 7. I've not seen a system that's this selective in terms of OS. So if you have win 10 installed, you should consider win8 or win 7.

2. Dell Inspiron n5110 ,core it version(which is yours ) uses a NVIDIA GeForce. So , chances are in the process of...well..."trying everything" nothing was actually sitted well so nothing worked!!

3. In view of No. 2 above, you must uninstall every graphics driver you ever installed. This will mean performing a system restore.

4. Head over to drp.su/en. Once on that site, you're to download a tiny program that'll look into your entire system for missing drivers. Once you run the program, select expert mode. So you choose only he NVIDIA driver.

5. Now that there are no graphics drivers installed , it's time to check the BIOS. Once you're in the BIOS, look out for stuff like "graphics memory" or a similar variant. The graphics may have been switched. Although this is highly unlikely.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Depends, test to see if hdd is in good condition.

If yes, I'll suggest you reload the operating system.

Hey, thanks.. its working properly now.. I guess I over freaked out.. Its not a good thing to not know much bou computer

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
harriet412:

Hey, thanks.. its working properly now.. I guess I over freaked out.. Its not a good thing to not know much bou computer

cheesy we learn everyday.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

hello please I need help

my laptop has been unable to connect to myb android phones hotspot since yesterday

the hotspot is on and browsing but the WiFi part of the laptop keeps showing not connected.

the WiFi on the laptop won't even come on

I've tried switching it on manually but it just won't respond
thanks.
chuckbadt
rasaq5
codetemplar
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
generationz:

hello please I need help

my laptop has been unable to connect to myb android phones hotspot since yesterday

the hotspot is on and browsing but the WiFi part of the laptop keeps showing not connected.

thanks.
chuckbadt
rasaq5
codetemplar

Right click on it and click on troubleshooting, it will give you a clue on where the problem is from.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Right click on it and click on troubleshooting, it will give you a clue on where the problem is from.

it says use the switch on the front or side of the computer ,or function keys if available to enable wireless capability on this computer.

note its a lenovo x200 mini laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
generationz:

hello please I need help

thanks.
chuckbadt
rasaq5
codetemplar

this was what it showed after right clicking on troubleshoot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
[quote author=generationz post=70812578][/quote]

I can't see the pic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
generationz:
[/quote]
udemzyudex post=70814603:

I can't see the pic.
generationz:
[quote author=udemzyudex post=70814603]

I can't see the pic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

I can't see the pic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

I can't see the pic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by generationz(f): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
I don't know why its not uploading

this is what the computer says

troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all the issues found.

problems found :
1 wireless capability is turned off
2 A network cable is not properly plugged in or maybe broken

> explore additional options
> close the troubleshooter.

view detailed information

close
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
generationz:
I don't know why its not uploading

this is what the computer says

troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all the issues found.

problems found :
1 wireless capability is turned off
2 A network cable is not properly plugged in or maybe broken

> explore additional options
> close the troubleshooter.

view detailed information

close

Shows your WiFi is off you need to turn it on by clicking on the WiFi button on your keyboard or check if the button is close to the power switch.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
generationz:

it says use the switch on the front or side of the computer ,or function keys if available to enable wireless capability on this computer.

note its a lenovo x200 mini laptop

Yeah, locate the wireless (WiFi key in your keyboard)

If it doesn't turn on after pressing it, hold down the fn key on the keyboard + WiFi key to turn it on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.

1. Dell Inspironn n5110 is designed to work well with windows 7. I've not seen a system that's this selective in terms of OS. So if you have win 10 installed, you should consider win8 or win 7.

2. Dell Inspiron n5110 ,core it version(which is yours ) uses a NVIDIA GeForce. So , chances are in the process of...well..."trying everything" nothing was actually sitted well so nothing worked!!

3. In view of No. 2 above, you must uninstall every graphics driver you ever installed. This will mean performing a system restore.

4. Head over to drp.su/en. Once on that site, you're to download a tiny program that'll look into your entire system for missing drivers. Once you run the program, select expert mode. So you choose only he NVIDIA driver.

5. Now that there are no graphics drivers installed , it's time to check the BIOS. Once you're in the BIOS, look out for stuff like "graphics memory" or a similar variant. The graphics may have been switched. Although this is highly unlikely.
thanks man I'll Try this tonight... I really appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinxce(m): 2:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.

Mr Razak God bless u... I updated my bios an guess what it worked i can now use my laptop thank u very very much i really appreciate no more going blank...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vickertony(m): 6:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Elcapo:

Jeez Boss,

I started experiencing this same problem just two days ago, mine just hangs and I off it by myself, pressing the power button steady for a few minutes or removing of battery from the back. Mine is Dell inspiron n5050

Happy Sunday Bosses
Help oo

Cc computerboy
cc udemzyudex
cc Razak5

I need help and solution, could it be hard drive problem again? I changed it early this year, seriously I pray it's not o.

ps:I never backed it up before, no way to restore anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.