Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264724 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kebiArts(m): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2018
chucksbadt:

Not suitable for heavy gaming. For soccer, FIFA 15 will be your best PES 2015 also should go. NFS 2004(car race) can also run.

what of games like tomb raider and assassin creed?
can pes 17 work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okorieelvis(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2018
Any idea on who works laptop screens in owerri ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jorhney(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Exmarte:
Thanks for the prompt response.

So I did a BIOS update and it was still plugged in not charging, so I switched it off and left it plugged to charge, as its gonna charge when off.

However, 45 minutes later I noticed the red charging light had turned to white so I powered it on and Boom, it's back to normal...for now, I'll update you as it goes... if it means it's fully solved or it's just playing pranks

hi i use an hp omen too, could u put me through on d bios update ish? may i have ur whatsapp no?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2018
kebiArts:

Assassins creed and Tomb raider will work
Not sure about PES 2017

what of games like tomb raider and assassin creed?

can pes 17 work?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2018
Fitbillionairep:
Please what is the cost of formating a win 10 laptop in computer village

Lol...Windows 10 is an Operating System not a Laptop bro.
Cost of installing an OS in Computer village should be around 5k or higher. Not too sure tho
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcgift(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2018
mcgift:
I have two Asus x540s i try to reload it to window 10 but the mouse isn't work anymore. but the mouse was working before pls what can I do to it ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2018
I just bought a new laptop. How can I transfer files between the 2 laptops?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunlex01(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
Good day.

I tried to download my phone manager on my laptop but the system is requesting for HP Admin Password and I dont know what password is required cos all the passwords I use have been inputted and no success. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ganie(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
What could be cause of my laptop going into a reset mode and coming up with scanning and repairing drive.
Though the HDD is a new one after the former got spoilt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonny1212: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
Which windows is suitable for HP elitebook 8460p win10, 8.1, 8, or 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2018
nonny1212:
Which windows is suitable for HP elitebook 8460p win10, 8.1, 8, or 7?

Hi.
Anyone of the windows will work fine.
*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2018
ganie:
What could be cause of my laptop going into a reset mode and coming up with scanning and repairing drive.

Hello.

First, we need to be sure how healthy the hard drive is. Next , you backup and reformat.

You can check the health of your hard disk by downloading ''Hard disk sentinel''. Search I.on Google.

Anything below 70% or 60% is not advisable.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tallest45(m): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2018
Was using my laptop well on Saturday when i finished,i shut it down the normal way...i tried switching it on monday and i can't...What seems to be the problem
. Its a Toshiba by the way
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=mcgift post=70921127][/quote]

Consider installing the right drivers ...

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2018
Tallest45:
Was using my laptop well on Saturday when i finished,i shut it down the normal way...i tried switching it on monday and i can't...What seems to be the problem

Hello.

Are there any lights?

Are you sure the battery power isn't drained?

Have you tried plugging in the AC adapter?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2018
Tallest45:

Try the following steps;

1. Unplug the charger and try to power it on
2. Try out a different charger
3. Remove the battery and connect only the charger. Try to power it on
4. Unplug both charger and battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds and release. Plug back both items and try to power it on.
5. Change you RAM to a different slot(If yo have RAM card on both slots, remove 1)

If all the above steps fails, its likely you've burnt your power IC.
Take it to a technician afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 11:26am On Sep 06, 2018
ganie:

Most likely your laptop wasn't shutdown properly.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
hello guys,pls I'm new here,and thus my first time owning a laptop,recently everything was working fine,today I tried connecting my phone to my laptop through USB cord,it doesn't display any more,its only charges and do MIDI,it no longer do MTP and PTP any more and my phone doesn't appear on the desktop side anymore which means I can transfer my pics and my videos any more

pls I need help before I go gaga
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mysuper: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
hello, please any time I am working on my laptop which uses windows 10, it regularly restarts showing this, I don't know what to do.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
quinSonia:
hello guys,pls I'm new here,and thus my first time owning a laptop,recently everything was working fine,today I tried connecting my phone to my laptop through USB cord,it doesn't display any more,its only charges and do MIDI,it no longer do MTP and PTP any more and my phone doesn't appear on the desktop side anymore which means I can transfer my pics and my videos any more

pls I need help before I go gaga

A bad USB cord will do this, so change your USB cord first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mysuper:
hello, please any time I am working on my laptop which uses windows 10, it regularly restarts showing this, I don't know what to do.

Regularly restart?

My question is, do you always place your laptop on your bed, sofa or rug while using?

When your laptop keeps restarting without proper shut down, you will end up getting this and in the end it's either your reload the operating system or do a window restore.

Some people will rather do a window restore but will leave out what made it to keep restarting in the first place.

1. Dried up processor paste and a block fan vent with dust will cause your system to restart often.

2. Placing your laptop on your bed, rug or a non flat surface will make your laptop to restart, it will not allow air to leave through the vent thereby taking it back to the processor and end up drying it up, the fan will eventually pick up dust from the bed or rug too.

With this I believe you know what to do now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tallest45(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Are there any lights?

Are you sure the battery power isn't drained?

Have you tried plugging in the AC adapter?

The ba3 wasn't drained...it was fully charged when i finished using it and i unplugged it from d source when i wasn't using it and No light is showing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tallest45(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
chucksbadt:

Try the following steps;

1. Unplug the charger and try to power it on
2. Try out a different charger
3. Remove the battery and connect only the charger. Try to power it on
4. Unplug both charger and battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds and release. Plug back both items and try to power it on.
5. Change you RAM to a different slot(If yo have RAM card on both slots, remove 1)

If all the above steps fails, its likely you've burnt your power IC.
Take it to a technician afterwards.

Tried all but noe avail...haven't changed the RAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mysuper: 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

Regularly restart?

My question is, do you always place your laptop on your bed, sofa or rug while using?

When your laptop keeps restarting without proper shut down, you will end up getting this and in the end it's either your reload the operating system or do a window restore.

Some people will rather do a window restore but will leave out what made it to keep restarting in the first place.

1. Dried up processor paste and a block fan vent with dust will cause your system to restart often.

2. Placing your laptop on your bed, rug or a non flat surface will make your laptop to restart, it will not allow air to leave through the vent thereby taking it back to the processor and end up drying it up, the fan will eventually pick up dust from the bed or rug too.

With this I believe you know what to do now.

please sir, I don't know what to do yet, can I get your digits maybe we can talk later, I will really appreciate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=mcgift post=70921127][/quote]Go to manage devices and check if the mouse driver is working properly...

If the problem persists, downgrade to windows 7 or former version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dazzy4real(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2018
pls guys my laptop keeps making a buzzing noise like forever. each time i turn it on right from the boot up it starts a buzzing noise like it wants to explode everything is working fine i just need to get this annoying sound off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 1:57am On Sep 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

A bad USB cord will do this, so change your USB cord first.

I have it.
,same thing but it works with iPhone cord but not with android, with my android I can only charge and Do Midi but can't transfer filles and videos,and it doesn't recognize my fone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 4:54am On Sep 07, 2018
any idea how much the screen of a hp probook 4520s costs. needes urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oladistinct(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2018
Hi guys,
I changed the screen of my Dell inspiron N5050 three months ago. Everything was fine for the first few weeks.
The screen started going blank; it could be all white, blue or blurred.
It comes up afterwards either by sleeping the system, shutting it down or leaving it for a while.

There's also this sound that comes up whenever the system is put on or occasionally during operation.

What could be the problem and possible solution?
Kindly help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dabinson(m): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
please help me out. i have zinox system someone brought to me that has problem of not dictating any HDD. I have tested all the working hard drive i have but all to no avail. pls any idea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.