Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273022 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2018
ganie:

Could the fall make it bad just like that? And if it has,how much does it cost?

HDD are very delicate, it falls hard and it's gone lipsrsealed

Though depends on the height, price varies depending on the size you want.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ganie(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
udemzyudex:

HDD are very delicate, it falls hard and it's gone lipsrsealed

Though depends on the height, price varies depending on the size you want.

What is the price for 320?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
ganie:

What is the price for 320?

#7-8k depending on the seller.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fummylola: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
i cant watch video cd on my laptop on my new laptop,what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fummylola:

Install vlc player
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fummylola:

When you insert the CD player, does it shows on my computer? If it doesn't, try using another CD or better still, return since it's news
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EpicNigerian(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello guys

My windows 8.1 pc only charges my android phones, I can't transfer files from phone to pc and vice versa.

I also tried toggling the usb options on the android devices,but it doesn't move from "Charge only" to "File transfer" option on my phones.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:
Hello guys

My windows 8.1 pc only charges my android phones, I can't transfer files from phone to pc and vice versa.

I also tried toggling the usb options on the android devices,but it doesn't move from "Charge only" to "File transfer" option on my phones.

Use another USB cable first.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mystiquerebirth(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Please, my Macbook pro suddenly started displaying only a white screen and an envelope icon on it.

Please, what can I do to solve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EpicNigerian(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Use another USB cable first.

I've tried several original cables that came with the phones,yet the problem still persists.

Although I recently downgraded the OS from Win 10 to 8.1,that's when I started having this issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
mystiquerebirth:
Please, my Macbook pro suddenly started displaying only a white screen and an envelope icon on it.

Please, what can I do to solve this?

Operating system issue, I'll advice you see an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:

I've tried several original cables that came with the phones,yet the problem still persists.

Although I recently downgraded the OS from Win 10 to 8.1,that's when I started having this issue.

What's the model of your laptop, and also locate device manager and see if USB driver have been installed (USB 3.0)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Operating system issue, I'll advice you see an engineer.

Boss, please what could be the problem with mine, displaying only white screen upon booth. Used it last night, just on it now to see this.

It's HP 625, with windows 10

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
iffydave:

Boss, please what could be the problem with mine, displaying only white screen upon booth. Used it last night, just on it now to see this.

It's HP 625, with windows 10

If you check closely u will see the triangle line on the screen, shows your screen is bad and you need to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

If you check closely u will see the triangle line on the screen, shows your screen is bad and you need to replace it.
Chaii!

Please do u have an idea of the screen price range?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cutesmilez(f): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
pls help o.... My windows 10 consumes data alot ooo.... how can these be solved
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
cutesmilez:
Turn Off images in your web browser. Only view images when necessary.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello. A Dell Latitiude D420 is too slow on operation, and takes a lot of time to boot up. RAM has been upgraded, But it's still slow. Remedy pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
iffydave:

Chaii!

Please do u have an idea of the screen price range?

Used or new?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
cutesmilez:

Hello
Before I go ahead with my suggestions, chances are

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... ;DNo! I'm so sure you didn't find it

2. You've also "disabled" auto-updates. Why is the word, disabled in quotes? Because that main download still goes on in win 10.

*let's now move on...

You're going to try one last thing- [b] tweaking the registry[b/]

So, here we go >

Press Win key+R > in the run box (I need a better name grin), type "regedit" without the quotes. This opens the registry editor.

In the registry editor, Navigate this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost

Right click "DefaultMediaCost key" > select "Permissions" > this takes you to the security tab.

On the security tab, click "advanced" button. Click the "change" button next to "Trustedinstsller".

In the "enter object name" box, type Administrators, click the "Check Names" button to make sure you're typing the correct object.Click OK.

On the "Advanced Security Settings for DefaultMediaCost" , check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"Click Apply > OK.

On "Permissions for DefaultMediaCost" , select the "Administrators group" , be sure to check the "allow Full Control" box . click Apply > OK.

On the DefaultMediaCost key, there are different entries, including those for 3G, 4G, Default, Ethernet, and WiFi with their default data values: 1 or 2.

data value 1 means that the connection type is non-metered,
data value of 2 means that the connection type is metered.
Double-click the Ethernet DWORD (32-bit) Value key, and change the value to 2.

*Do same for Wi-Fi.
>>>restart your laptop <<<

This explanation I just gave is Modified from an article on windowscentral treating the same issue. I must say it saved a lot of my Internet data.

So before you contemplate a downgrade, consider this registry tweak.

*Cheers*

As always, if you ever find this a bit techy, too long , holla here 09082687404 ...I'm on whatsapp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Used or new?
Anyone but preferably new
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
How much iz d cost to repair amotherboard issue??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
Realberg:
Hello. A Dell Latitiude D420 is too slow on operation, and takes a lot of time to boot up. RAM has been upgraded, But it's still slow. Remedy pls?

Click on windows key+R and type in msconfig

Locate startup and remove the tick on applications you already installed on your laptop e.g Adobe reader, chrome etc. And apply then restart your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
iffydave:

Anyone but preferably new

Screen +fixing will cost you #18k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
GreatAchiever1:
How much iz d cost to repair amotherboard issue??

What's the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Screen +fixing will cost you #18k
Okay thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

What's the issue?
My computer screen sometimes used to b blinking like something is wrong somewhere.
Sometimes when you minimize a software you cannot re open it.

Recently when working on a simple c program, the computer started acting up(that is doing the above program) and when i try compiling the program, it gave out wrong output and the codes are very much correct...

What could be the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

My computer screen sometimes used to b blinking like something is wrong somewhere.
Sometimes when you minimize a software you cannot re open it.

Recently when working on a simple c program, the computer started acting up(that is doing the above program) and when i try compiling the program, it gave out wrong output and the codes are very much correct...

What could be the problem

The blinking screen, does it occur anytime you try to adjust the laptop position or when you open /close it?

And for the other prob, how much RAM do you have installed on laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

The blinking screen, does it occur anytime you try to adjust the laptop position or when you open /close it?

And for the other prob, how much RAM do you have installed on laptop?

Sometimes the blinking screen just occurs...

4gb ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EpicNigerian(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

What's the model of your laptop, and also locate device manager and see if USB driver have been installed (USB 3.0)

I'm using Hp15 Laptop. I checked device manager and I saw "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-0100(Microsoft)".

Does it mean the driver is installed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:

I'm using Hp15 Laptop. I checked device manager and I saw "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-0100(Microsoft)".

Does it mean the driver is installed?

Do you see an exclamation mark next to it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.