Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277316 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
PC GAMERS ARE THE BEST!!!

Attention all PC gamers. Please join the amazing whatsap group to be part of the Mouse & Keyboard Gaming group.

The largest Nigerian PC Gamers group.

https:///BBBLvFl8uVADwHC7KBGwhU

or contact me on zero eight one zero five seven zero zero one nine three
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
mexzony:
Having disassembled the battery cos no time to waste time dies anyone recognise the battery. I can buy them individually and resolder them.dont worry I have a degree in physics so am good.television laptops annoy me so much.

OhKay grin grin

Time for some adventure...
1st- There are no guarantees. But it's gonna be fun at least.

We're going to get the cells(stressful task) then solder it to those panels (someone else can actually do this)...

Got someone over here. Holla if interested.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
Paschez:
please gurus in the house help me, my HP laptop developed an issue, first, when my battery is low like 32% and i tried plugging it to charge it, the laptop will trip off.
secondly, if the battery is drained, and the light is restored, if i plug the laptop to use it, after displaying HP logo, it will trip off. but when i remove the battery to power it direct it will boot to windows. but if you allow the battery to charge fully and power it on, it will not trip off.

so i replaced the battery today but it still occur. please what should i do?

Hello.

This issue is entirely related to the motherboard.
We recorded 60%-80% success rate fixing this issue on older models.

However, the game changes with newer model PCs as the electronic circuits become more and more integrated. In these cases, a change of motherboard is not to be overlooked.

*Cheers*
---------+------------+------------+-----------+--------------+-------------+---------------+--------+------------+---------------+-------------+--------+--------+
Would you mind a free checkup?
Reach here: 09082687404
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mexzony: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Razak5:

OhKay grin grin

Time for some adventure...
1st- There are no guarantees. But it's gonna be fun at least.

We're going to get the cells(stressful task) then solder it to those panels (someone else can actually do this)...

Got someone over here. Holla if interested.

*Cheers*
Where are you located actually and do you have the batteries.Am serious by the way. I have built and desingned circuits before extensively so am not a novice o if that's what you think. I just need the batteries and I will do the rest as long as the batteries meet the voltage requirements.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
My pc usually shows this stuff sometimes... I need help gurus

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nuel182:
My pc usually shows this stuff sometimes... I need help gurus

Hello Nuel.

I would have suggested checking the memory sticks (RAM). But since this doesn't happen when you're working on the computer then let's skip that part...

Another thing I would have considered is updating the graphics driver. I would. Un-install the current driver and see how it behaves. If you've tried this and its still same, then skip this part...

If this shows sometimes, you should back-up your data and re-install the operating system.

You should do this ASAP- otherwise, a time is coming (not so far from now) when this will be an everyday affair and you may not be able to use your OS anymore.

Also, a hard disk change my not be imminent. But it is worth considering.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 12:01am On Feb 09, 2019
Help.
When i switch on me PC.
The Screen is Blank.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
my windows 8.1 pro is refusing to activate, and I have the original key.

i also can't find any wifi or Bluetooth in the network settings.
help.
hp15 notebook PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teeebest(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
Please I need Samsung series 5 ultra laptop casing urgently. If you have any please WhatsApp 08088202099. Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 10, 2019
Pls I need your opinion
My H.P laptop when charging it.it indicate charge and after one min it again show full charged, again it go back to charging and continue in that way.
The battery is not charge
Pls is the battery need to be replaced?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ndachee: 9:34am On Feb 10, 2019
How much Can I get this screen fix and charging issue?

samsung: 500T notebook

model: XE500T1C

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acedsportsng: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello guys. My pc refuses to boot even with the charger plugged in. It shows some lights and then goes off. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
acedsportsng:
Hello guys. My pc refuses to boot even with the charger plugged in. It shows some lights and then goes off. What do I do?

Hello.
I'll suggest this:

Remove the battery and unplug adapter...then hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, then plug in laptop and power on.

If same issue persist, the you'll have to take it to a technician for proper diagnosis.

If you're in Lagos, call/WhatsApp on 09082687404

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
mrvocalprowess:
my windows 8.1 pro is refusing to activate, and I have the original key.

i also can't find any wifi or Bluetooth in the network settings.

help.

hp15 notebook PC

Hello.

1. Back-up your data

2. Reinstall the OS

3. Install required updated drivers

*cheers*

We could help with those at a token .Call/WhatsApp on 09082687404
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acedsportsng: 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
Razak5:

Hello.
I'll suggest this:

Remove the battery and unplug adapter...then hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, then plug in laptop and power on.

If same issue persist, the you'll have to take it to a technician for proper diagnosis.

If you're in Lagos, call/WhatsApp on 09082687404

I've sent a message on WhatsApp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
nurez305:
Hello nairalander, please can anyone suggest what I can do to my laptop, it keep consuming my data at 1.5mb/s despite deactivating auto update (by setting my network metered). I have tried all my best to detect the application that is consuming my data but couldn't see it.

Please what could be the problem? Even without browsing or using my laptop, it will drained up to 3gig in a very short period of time.

Also I noticed the system hang more more compare to before and I don't have much application on it

Please help me because I'm so fed up, I can't even use the system again due to this and it is affecting my project.

I will appreciate your assistance here. My Laptop is Dell with window 10

Thanks in advance
Before I go ahead with my suggestions, chances are

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... grin No! I'm so sure you didn't find it or it didn't work.

2. You've also "disabled" auto-updates. Why is the word, disabled in quotes? Because that main download still goes on in win 10.

*let's now move on...

You're going to try one last thing-
tweaking the registry

So, here we go >

Press Win key+R > in the run box (I need a better name grin), type "regedit" without the quotes. This opens the registry editor.

In the registry editor, Navigate this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost

Right click "DefaultMediaCost key" > select "Permissions" > this takes you to the security tab.

On the security tab, click "advanced" button. Click the "change" button next to "Trustedinstsller".

In the "enter object name" box, type Administrators, click the "Check Names" button to make sure you're typing the correct object.Click OK.

On the "Advanced Security Settings for DefaultMediaCost" , check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"Click Apply > OK.

On "Permissions for DefaultMediaCost" , select the "Administrators group" , be sure to check the "allow Full Control" box . click Apply > OK.

On the DefaultMediaCost key, there are different entries, including those for 3G, 4G, Default, Ethernet, and WiFi with their default data values: 1 or 2.

data value 1 means that the connection type is non-metered,
data value of 2 means that the connection type is metered.
Double-click the Ethernet DWORD (32-bit) Value key, and change the value to 2.

*Do same for Wi-Fi.
>>>restart your laptop <<<

This explanation I just gave is Modified from an article on windowscentral treating the same issue. I must say it saved a lot of my Internet data.

So before you contemplate a downgrade, consider this registry tweak.

*Cheers*

As always, if you ever find this a bit techy, too long , holla here 09082687404 ...I'm on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by U1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
U1:
Please I need help with an HP mini laptop whose screen isn't coming on.

As can be seen in the screenshot, the Wi-Fi light (blue) remains on. It usually went off after a while during boot, but it now remains on. I think there's a problem with the booting process.

I have performed different troubleshoot steps, including removing RAM, HDD and battery. I also held the power button for 60 seconds, with the battery removed.

Could someone guide me on what else to do? Thanks.

Does Razak5 or anyone else have an idea of what could be wrong here, please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
U1:

As can be seen in the screenshot, the Wi-Fi light (blue) remains on. It usually went off after a while during boot, but it now remains on. I think there's a problem with the booting process.

I have performed different troubleshoot steps, including removing RAM, HDD and battery. I also held the power button for 60 seconds, with the battery removed.

Hello.

Let me guess, thus is HP 2133...right?

Ok.
1. If there's any blinking capslock key, then trying another RAM isn't a bad idea.

Removing RAM and putting it back isn't enough to rule out RAM issue. You should test with another known working RAM.

2. If the above isn't the case, then there is likely an issue with the VGA.
Sadly, whatever fix that will be rendered is highly temporary.

The mother board goes for 15,000 to 20,000.

Do remember also that 30,000 can still get you a decent mini laptop.

Or, you might want to upgrade and ditch this mini talk altogether.

*Cheers*

Modified:
Is there a blinking cursor on the screen? If no, then I'll also rule out booting process.

Another thing you should do is pointing a torch to the screen, do you see anything?

If yes, there's a high chance that the LEDs are gone and your screen will need changing...

This is an after -thought though. But hey, they are thoughts afterall.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nurez305(m): 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
Razak5:

Before I go ahead with my suggestions, chances are

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... grin No! I'm so sure you didn't find it or it didn't work.

2. You've also "disabled" auto-updates. Why is the word, disabled in quotes? Because that main download still goes on in win 10.

*let's now move on...

You're going to try one last thing-
tweaking the registry

So, here we go >

Press Win key+R > in the run box (I need a better name grin), type "regedit" without the quotes. This opens the registry editor.

In the registry editor, Navigate this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost

Right click "DefaultMediaCost key" > select "Permissions" > this takes you to the security tab.

On the security tab, click "advanced" button. Click the "change" button next to "Trustedinstsller".

In the "enter object name" box, type Administrators, click the "Check Names" button to make sure you're typing the correct object.Click OK.

On the "Advanced Security Settings for DefaultMediaCost" , check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"Click Apply > OK.

On "Permissions for DefaultMediaCost" , select the "Administrators group" , be sure to check the "allow Full Control" box . click Apply > OK.

On the DefaultMediaCost key, there are different entries, including those for 3G, 4G, Default, Ethernet, and WiFi with their default data values: 1 or 2.

data value 1 means that the connection type is non-metered,
data value of 2 means that the connection type is metered.
Double-click the Ethernet DWORD (32-bit) Value key, and change the value to 2.

*Do same for Wi-Fi.
>>>restart your laptop <<<

This explanation I just gave is Modified from an article on windowscentral treating the same issue. I must say it saved a lot of my Internet data.

So before you contemplate a downgrade, consider this registry tweak.

*Cheers*

As always, if you ever find this a bit techy, too long , holla here 09082687404 ...I'm on whatsapp
thank you so much bro for this excellent DIY tutorial. I was able to get it all and restart my pc after i finished as you advised, but the problem still persists because I noticed that, what was been charged by chrome browser and other applications on my system does not correlate with what was consumed from my WiFi.

The reason I am this worried is that, I bought the laptop as UK used late 2017 and hardly will I finished 20gig in a month after browsing with it days and nights but now it takes less than 30minutes to consume 1gig of data now which is getting me to be more worried. I have tried all I could to spot what is consuming the data I couldn't find it. All what I will be seeing is how my data is reading very fast even without using the browser or any application on my system .

Just now I notice os speedy driver trying to connect to internet which I uninstalled immediately but I don't think it is the cause of data consumption.

After I did what you advised me to do now , I connect it to my WiFi and the consumption is still the same.

Please what else do you advise me to do or is it normal to consume data like that or should I just format it and start afresh again because I'm already tire with the rate it is consuming my data now.

Please help a brother on a solution. I'm in Lagos thou

Thank you boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2019
nurez305:
thank you so much bro for this excellent DIY tutorial. I was able to get it all and restart my pc after i finished as you advised, but the problem still persists because I noticed that, what was been charged by chrome browser and other applications on my system does not correlate with what was consumed from my WiFi.

The reason I am this worried is that, I bought the laptop as UK used late 2017 and hardly will I finished 20gig in a month after browsing with it days and nights but now it takes less than 30minutes to consume 1gig of data now which is getting me to be more worried. I have tried all I could to spot what is consuming the data I couldn't find it. All what I will be seeing is how my data is reading very fast even without using the browser or any application on my system .

Just now I notice os speedy driver trying to connect to internet which I uninstalled immediately but I don't think it is the cause of data consumption.

After I did what you advised me to do now , I connect it to my WiFi and the consumption is still the same.

Please what else do you advise me to do or is it normal to consume data like that or should I just format it and start afresh again because I'm already tire with the rate it is consuming my data now.

Please help a brother on a solution. I'm in Lagos thou

Thank you boss

What version of win 10 are you using ?

To know, simply Press Win key + R. Then type winver in the box.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2019
U1:

First of all you need to confirm if the motherboard is working fine or not.
In a case like this, you have to check if fault is from LVDS section (screen) or motherboard section. To confirm you need to press the caplock, connect your external keyboard and press the caplock or numlock button, if it off and on at interval then it shows your motherboard is working fine and display is coming which means u have to focus on the LVDS section but if not you have to check your motherboard.

The first thing do if you find out that it's from motherboard is to change your RAM,if you change RAM and still no display then you check if your CPU is heating up after power on, if not you change ur CPU and check (some of this mini laptop uses on board CPU) and there is nothing u can do unless u have a bga infrared rework Station.

If you change CPU and RAM but still no display, then it's chip level fault. Only a chip level engineer can fix it for you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RUDEBOYY(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2019
please help my laptop have refused booting...it will just load for sometime and off then starts afresh...pls help"!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
acedsportsng:

How many minutes does it stay before going off?

Well this is something you can't fix unless u see a technician.
It is definitely a motherboard issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
RUDEBOYY:
please help my laptop have refused booting...it will just load for sometime and off then starts afresh...pls help"!!!

When it load does it display data on screen? And now many minutes does it stay before going off( restarting)?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acedsportsng: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
udemzyudex:

How many minutes does it stay before going off?

Well this is something you can't fix unless u see a technician.
It is definitely a motherboard issue.

Like 2 seconds

Motherboard? I'd have to change it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2019
acedsportsng:

Like 2 seconds

Motherboard? I'd have to change it?

Naa, it can be fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acedsportsng: 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
udemzyudex:

Naa, it can be fix

Like how much should I budget?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisbaxtian(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello everyone! smiley

Please I need help. I want to route calls from my GSM line through my laptop is I want to be receiving calls from my GSM line through my laptop instead of my phone. Please how do I go about this. I have seen someone doing this before, but forgot to ask how. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by U1(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2019
Razak5:

Hello.

Let me guess, thus is HP 2133...right?

Ok.
1. If there's any blinking capslock key, then trying another RAM isn't a bad idea.

Removing RAM and putting it back isn't enough to rule out RAM issue. You should test with another known working RAM.

2. If the above isn't the case, then there is likely an issue with the VGA.
Sadly, whatever fix that will be rendered is highly temporary.

The mother board goes for 15,000 to 20,000.

Do remember also that 30,000 can still get you a decent mini laptop.

Or, you might want to upgrade and ditch this mini talk altogether.

*Cheers*

Modified:
Is there a blinking cursor on the screen? If no, then I'll also rule out booting process.

Another thing you should do is pointing a torch to the screen, do you see anything?

If yes, there's a high chance that the LEDs are gone and your screen will need changing...

This is an after -thought though. But hey, they are thoughts afterall.

Thanks, bro. The CAP key light isn't coming on - even an external keyboard won't. Does it mean the system is fried?

I have not tried another RAM yet because I don't want to buy another. What becomes of that if the laptop is now completely useless? That's why I'm reluctant about this.

There's no blinking cursor on the screen and a torch didn't reveal anything.

What actually happened before this issue came up was that the Window logo remained on the screen, which looked rather gibberish, on startup. I decided to restart the notebook and that's it.

udemzyudex:

First of all you need to confirm if the motherboard is working fine or not.
In a case like this, you have to check if fault is from LVDS section (screen) or motherboard section. To confirm you need to press the caplock, connect your external keyboard and press the caplock or numlock button, if it off and on at interval then it shows your motherboard is working fine and display is coming which means u have to focus on the LVDS section but if not you have to check your motherboard.

The first thing do if you find out that it's from motherboard is to change your RAM,if you change RAM and still no display then you check if your CPU is heating up after power on, if not you change ur CPU and check (some of this mini laptop uses on board CPU) and there is nothing u can do unless u have a bga infrared rework Station.

If you change CPU and RAM but still no display, then it's chip level fault. Only a chip level engineer can fix it for you.

Thanks for the response.

The CAP LOCK key light didn't come on at all. The other steps sound more technical for me.

Man, does it mean the mini has given up on me just like that?

It's likely I'll have to cannibalise it if it's going to cost more than 5k to fix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RUDEBOYY(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
udemzyudex:

When it load does it display data on screen? And now many minutes does it stay before going off( restarting)?

just imedieatly... it will just flash a blue background and restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nurez305(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
Razak5:

What version of win 10 are you using ?

To know, simply Press Win key + R. Then type winver in the box.
version 1607 (OS build 14393.1480)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2019
Guys i need help

I wanted formatting my windows 7 and reinstalling the OS thou with external CDROM cos my internal CD drive is giving me hard time detecting DVD disk.

Now my main problem is that during the restart process and on the select boot option page have selected to from external CD rom but after restart it still didn't boot up from the external CD and it didn't even show the "press any key to boot from cd"

Please any help on how i can make my system boot from external CD rom have tried almost 4 external CD rom so no one should ask me to try another one

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.