Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274799 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:23am On Mar 10, 2019
herveze:

Thank you, I have removed the hard disk and I gave the system to Engineer this morning and the engineer said the motherboard(amd board that it is unrepairable) is the problem. He said that I have to change the board for 20k but he will help me to heat it for 3k before I get money for the board or new system,i just want to ask if I should let him hear it or buy board or I should get another system

Heat board ? For a system that turns on and displays on the screen? The only time you may want to heat an "HP" board is when you have the infamous graphics issue where the system powers on but there's no display.

You can run a diagnostic yourself on the system by pressing f1 I think for hp and selecting diagnostics. From your narrative, I would wager it is an Hard disk issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
onegig:

One of the capacitors in the adapter is bad. You can get a new adapter to fix this. Ensure it is not those Chinese knockoffs.

Your system would be worse for it.

Capacitor? lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Capacitor? lipsrsealed

Oya go on and talk.

There is always an opportunity to teach and learn. sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
Pls i just formatted my HP 250 laptop thru my friend. He installed windows 8. How do i go about drivers installation cos he's not available to do that for he got married recently n has relocated from my city.

Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:
Pls i just formatted my HP 250 laptop thru my friend. He installed windows 8. How do i go about drivers installation cos he's not available to do that for he got married recently n has relocated from my city.

Pls help

Try if the USB is working. If its working. Connect and android phone with atleast 2gb of data. Use the USB teathering to connect and search from your system Drivermax. It will help u install the drivers needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

Try if the USB is working. If its working. Connect and android phone with atleast 2gb of data. Use the USB teathering to connect and search from your system Drivermax. It will help u install the drivers needed
Thanks for ur quick response. Aside connecting d phone via usb can't i just use wifi?
Again, how do i locate d divermax location in d system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

Thanks for ur quick response. Aside connecting d phone via usb can't i just use wifi?

The WIFI may not work because of Driver. But you can try that too... windows 10 comes with USB driver but I am not sure of windows 8. Try both USB and WIfI
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

Note that u may not use 2gb data to complete driver installation. 500mb may be enough or lower
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

Windows 8 will automatically drive your WiFi, u can use it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
onegig:

Oya go on and talk.

There is always an opportunity to teach and learn. sad

Charging issue can be very complicated.

But let's talk about the adaptor you talk about, any thing can get damage in the adapter ranging from the cable, transformer, capacitors etc in the adaptor.

The first thing to do when you have a charging fault check with another battery or adaptor before going for the motherboard.
Charging fault come in 3 ways.

Plugin in charging (but not increasing)
Plugin not charging
Battery not detected ( this is ogapatapata of them all)

If changing of battery and adaptor does not work then the next place to check is your motherboard.

I don't want to go deep into the motherboard level, I might end up confusing you grin but if you want me to just quote this post.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

Download Driver max... install and Run that application. The drivers will update automatically when you grant the application access to do that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Okay thanks. What if i buy drivers pack cd?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

Download Driver max... install and Run that application. The drivers will update automatically when you grant the application access to do that

Oh great thanks.. Mean it would auto download all required drivers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Tx bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

That's better... Get driver pack software and run it. Thats all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

That will be okay too. If you don't have enough data to download online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Charging issue can be very complicated.

But let's talk about the adaptor you talk about, any thing can get damage in the adapter ranging from the cable, transformer, capacitors etc in the adaptor.

The first thing to do when you have a charging fault check with another battery or adaptor before going for the motherboard.
Charging fault come in 3 ways.

Plugin in charging (but not increasing)
Plugin not charging
Battery not detected ( this is ogapatapata of them all)

If changing of battery and adaptor does not work then the next place to check is your motherboard.

I don't want to go deep into the motherboard level, I might end up confusing you grin but if you want me to just quote this post.
I see it took you hours just to get to this level.

Well done though. Baby steps needs to be applauded. wink

Take care.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Thanks bro..
Again i noticed d laptop doesn't have a cooling fan i it.. That was how i bought t it from jumia
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

Thx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

That's better... Get driver pack software and run it. Thats all

Thx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
juzo98:
Hello engineers in the house, please i have a problems handling windows update for a windows 10 pro version 1511 pc.

Microsoft recently released an update last month and my pc is set to automatically download the update.

I've tried every possible means to stop the update but it won't work. Here's where it gets worse, whenever I turn on my Hotspot to browse, the update starts by itself and it won't go beyond a certain level no matter how long i leave my pc turned on and this causes my pc to run into problems whenever I reboot. I'd have to do a system restore after every failed update attempt. This has made me unable to use my pc to browse. Please can you proffer a solution to the problem...... Thank you.

For the Windows update,
go to the Windows Update Settings (1st Picture)
----then Advance options (2nd picture)
-----then make sure you settings is like the 3rd picture.

You said you use your hotspot to browse, so I guess it's your phone hotspot. To prevent auto-update for any Windows app or process, go to your PC WIFI settings, and set your phone connection as a metered connection......that's the key.
Your system will always recognize that connection as having limited data.

So anytime you connect from that phone..... only your current task would be allowed to connect to the internet.
So nothing like background synchronisation of other apps or Windows update zapping loads of data.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brownhypo: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
onegig:

One of the capacitors in the adapter is bad. You can get a new adapter to fix this. Ensure it is not those Chinese knockoffs.

Your system would be worse for it.
thanks for this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
saintruky:

Thanks bro..
Again i noticed d laptop doesn't have a cooling fan i it.. That was how i bought t it from jumia

No sir... You may not notice a cooling Fan until you wanna handle a very big application. My Alienware is so cool that u hardly notice any Fan. But when it's time to Play the heavy Games that its meant for, that's when you know it has not just a Fan but fans...

Its available for sale tho

Alenware 13 (Gaming Laptop)
16gb Ram
1terabite HDD
Corei5
2gb Nvidia Geforce
Battery last 3hours
185k(Slightly Negotiable)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ClayT(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2019
I have a Hp 15 with the following parts to dispose as scrap, Screen, 500gb hard disk drive and follow come power pack for 17k.All in perfect working condition. Contact 08124291266 for details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DookShop: 11:17am On Mar 11, 2019
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonextee(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hello Everyone....

i formatted my system a few weeks ago...and after that just cdnt find Bluetooth connection on it anymore. Mind you, it's not an attached Bluetooth o...

My laptop has Bluetooth originally.

pls what can I do to get ma Bluetooth back o?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
Good evening ppl.

Please my laptop is not closing anymore. I would like to know why and the cost of repairs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
ClayT:
I have a Hp 15 with the following parts to dispose as scrap, Screen, 500gb hard disk drive and follow come power pack for 17k.All in perfect working condition. Contact 08124291266 for details

Chat me on whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
odizeey:
Good evening ppl.

Please my laptop is not closing anymore. I would like to know why and the cost of repairs.

What do you mean by “Is not closing anymore”
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
jonextee:
Hello Everyone....

i formatted my system a few weeks ago...and after that just cdnt find Bluetooth connection on it anymore. Mind you, it's not an attached Bluetooth o...

My laptop has Bluetooth originally.

pls what can I do to get ma Bluetooth back o?

Try to update the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2019
horllamy:

What do you mean by “Is not closing anymore”
it can't close the laptop itself. It's hooked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.