Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (999) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274737 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2019
Hamdy6:
My laptop was infected by some kind of viruses (so I taught and hurriedly installed a kaspersky antivirus ).Despite that, Whenever I insert a flash drive, all of my files are gone, there will be 2 files appeared which is REMOVABLE DISK 2GB(Secured By Kaspersky Internet Security 2017).bat and readme.txt. when i click on the file REMOVABLE DISK 2GB(Secured By Kaspersky Internet Security 2017).bat ,a folder will appeared, named System Volume Information and it contained all of my files. Then, i put another drive and the same thing happens. I had formatted my drive but the files still appeared. I had also tried to scan my laptop, but it does not detect anything. What should i do?
I really do need your help,pls.
Thank you.

Most times I don't really like replying software or virus issues.

This is something one can easily Google and get solution.
I always advice people to get a paid anti virus if they have important files in their laptop.

Just Google how to remove dot bat virus, you will definitely get a solution.

The virus is very deadly and will delete any file instantly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by winterberry: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2019
NettyNelly:
if you can manage to bring out the keyboard try and reconnect it to the motherboard, if it did not work then try a new keyboard
Went out yesterday, only to come back nd discover my laptop was drenched in water due to the heavy rain pour.

I drained it and tried switching it on, it'd just beep nd go off again...any solution to this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2019
udemzyudex:

Sorry for replying late, I got ban by spam bot while trying to explain something to a guy here.

Does your laptop WiFi connect to your hot-spot?
If yes, go to network center where you have all the listed connections, remove your hot-spot name from the list and connect back again.

Mods can sabi ban.. Welcome back..
B4 d formatting it does connect to d hot-spot. Since after d format it no longer connects.. Can't detect no network either.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:12am On Mar 17, 2019
saintruky:

Mods can sabi ban.. Welcome back..
B4 d formatting it does connect to d hot-spot. Since after d format it no longer connects.. Can't detect no network either.

Actually it was the anti spam bot, concerning the network, you need to drive your WiFi adapter, it's in the driver pack you bought.

Did you downgrade or upgrade the windows or it's still the same windows you formatted?

Because windows 8 will automatically drive the WiFi adapter but if it is Windows 7 you need to install it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2019
udemzyudex:

Actually it was the anti spam bot, concerning the network, you need to drive your WiFi adapter, it's in the driver pack you bought.

Did you downgrade or upgrade the windows or it's still the same windows you formatted?

Because windows 8 will automatically drive the WiFi adapter but if it is Windows 7 you need to install it.

For d driver pack i bought.. I did auto-run.. So i got no idea what it drive.

It's still same windows as was formatted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
saintruky:

For d driver pack i bought.. I did auto-run.. So i got no idea what it drive.

It's still same windows as was formatted.

Which windows? Also I'd like to know the version of driver pack you bought.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimHan(f): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
New Sony Laptop battery not charging. showing 0% even after plugging for over an hour and the taskbar displays "charging" What can I do? I can't return cos it was sent from Lagos. Is there any solution? Please help I need that laptop urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
SlimHan:
New Sony Laptop battery not charging. showing 0% even after plugging for over an hour and the taskbar displays "charging" What can I do? I can't return cos it was sent from Lagos. Is there any solution? Please help I need that laptop urgently

The only solution you can try now is go to device manager, where you have battery, click on it and uninstall the battery complain driver, then restart your laptop.

If you still have the same fault, then I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician but are you sure the battery is okay? It seems the battery came with 0% charge.

Well take it to a laptop technician for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
winterberry:

Went out yesterday, only to come back nd discover my laptop was drenched in water due to the heavy rain pour.

I drained it and tried switching it on, it'd just beep nd go off again...any solution to this?

Dem no dey switch on electronics wey wet until you dey very sure say e don dry completely.

U fit don fry the thing. Anyway, wait until the thing dry completely. Put am inside sack of rice if possible.

Wait for a few days.

Then try to power it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
winterberry:

First of all remove the battery, then if possible take out the motherboard and sun dry it or if you have heat gun use it.

If you can't take the motherboard out, I'll advise you see a technician because if the water stays in there for long, it will start damaging some components.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimHan(f): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
udemzyudex:

The only solution you can try now is go to device manager, where you have battery, click on it and uninstall the battery complain driver, then restart your laptop.

If you still have the same fault, then I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician but are you sure the battery is okay? It seems the battery came with 0% charge.

yes. I guess it came with 0% cos I've not been able to switch it on at all. Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep you updated

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by winterberry: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Dem no dey switch on electronics wey wet until you dey very sure say e don dry completely.

U fit don fry the thing. Anyway, wait until the thing dry completely. Put am inside sack of rice if possible.

Wait for a few days.

Then try to power it
udemzyudex:

First of all remove the battery, then if possible take out the motherboard and sun dry it or if you have heat gun use it.

If you can't take the motherboard out, I'll advise you see a technician because if the water stays in there for long, it will start damaging some components.
Thanks bosses.

Today being sunday made it a lil difficult to reach my engineer, so i just did a sun dry from 10am and removed about 5pm, note: i did not unscrew anything.

To my surprise it came on, and remained like that for minutes till i shut down...i'd be drying tomorrow and the next, i am not taking chances

Thanks for helping out

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizCharm: 1:19am On Mar 18, 2019
Hi.
I asked for help on my keyboard here before,I'm happy to report that by upgrading my OS from windows 7 to 10,that problem fixed itself. But now, windows is asking me to enter key before I can access MS-Word. Pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tabithababy(f): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please any programmer here that can help me open my gmail account??

I forgot the password and all the account recovery options given by google is not going through embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lewisray: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
Guys, I believe you'll find this helpful...

Laptop Prices in Nigeria 2019 (Various Brands)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
please house, I need your help, my computer is showing parity check 2, it's not booting to desktop. please how do I solve the problem.. abeg the house oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedeco(m): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.
I am a computer Science student and in my penultimate year. I need a firm/company where i can do my Industrial training(IT). plss If you have a firm or know someone or some place pls I humbly plead that you connect me. God bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 5:47am On Mar 20, 2019
Bring all your BTC and Fiverr Paypal Withdrawals to us at sweet rates........ We buy any amount

Contact me on whatsapp for swift deal

Tested and Trusted............ wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ajosegabriel(m): 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
downloaded bluestack app on my PC , after installation ,(it keep showing just a sec) always hanging at this junction..any solution please ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olizey(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
My laptop refuses to come on. It just shows light and then goes of immediately. What to do? And how much do I need to fix it?

Hp pavilion pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimHan(f): 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
udemzyudex:

Problem solved. Thanks a lot. I'm really grateful

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kilaskid(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
I'm using lenovo ThinkPad w500...
I just wanna power it one day and I discovered it's no longer powering but the lights are on.. so, I'm asked to change the motherboard but up till the motherboard is not gotten
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
Olizey:
My laptop refuses to come on. It just shows light and then goes of immediately. What to do? And how much do I need to fix it?

Hp pavilion pc

Hello, call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adethemeji: 12:44am On Mar 22, 2019
please what's the model of this laptop Nd how many gb ram is it

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toddmoeller: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2019
To be honest I have a lot of problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejay01: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2019
I am finding it difficult opening some programs on my laptop..programs like opera browwer,Google chrome and other programs on my desktop has taken up the notepad Icon..Please help ,I have a screen shot of my desktop attached.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enoch273: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2019
I ve a problem with my PC, whenever I put it on, it doesn't boot, it just come on for like 10 minutes with a prompt "a file is missing" and goes back off. Is it a HDD problem or should I format it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
enoch273:
I ve a problem with my PC, whenever I put it on, it doesn't boot, it just come on for like 10 minutes with a prompt "a file is missing" and goes back off. Is it a HDD problem or should I format it.
Hello, the fault could be as a result of corrupted windows or bad hard drive. Just perform a proper diagnosis if you can in order to detect the cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
kilaskid:
I'm using lenovo ThinkPad w500...
I just wanna power it one day and I discovered it's no longer powering but the lights are on.. so, I'm asked to change the motherboard but up till the motherboard is not gotten

Hello, if a laptop technician has not worked on the motherboard yet and you are in Lagos ; I can try to fix the laptop for you. You can call or whatsapp for discussion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onnasucs1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
When I power on my Laptop, the lights just show but the screen is blank. Please, what could be the issue. I'm so devastated right now. Hope it's not what I'm thinking?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
Onnasucs1:
When I power on my Laptop, the lights just show but the screen is blank. Please, what could be the issue. I'm so devastated right now. Hope it's not what I'm thinking?

What are you thinking grin. If you can open the laptop yourself, just clean the ram and ram slot; the laptop may start working. If you need a laptop technician to fix it for you and you are in Lagos, call or whatsapp me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
My laptop shows nothing visible onn the screen when i turn it on but when i look closely i could see it's displaying but very dim

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.