Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (397247 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by arabaribiti(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Tiffany you promise update yesterday where are thou

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by horlah1(f): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Madam tiffany i'm enjoying this and more ba3 to ur fone.. Pls update ma

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by alleazardous(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hello madam u sent me a mail but I couldn't find it. Pls resend it to this mail sulesh363@gmail.com I would like to get all the series

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Vickysnipe147(m): 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
Wow!!! started from the beginning for some days now, read all your stories and now am here in this last one. you have really been doing a good work here. keep it up mam. though some parts were removed it the other stories, but I still followed and understood the story. waiting for more updates

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
'What I don't know is why', Joel concluded
'I wonder what Philip and Helen did to her', Tara added
'I still can't explain it that a mother of three little kids doesn't want to live anymore. Why? She is even married to a man she loves', he muttered.
They all stared at her, all very confused about what was happening. Jake wasn't strong enough to explain to them what had happened. After Maureen was transported to the hospital, he too was transported back to her spare room in order to avoid Victoria knowing he was back.
They went back to Anthony's house and were all sipping a brandy when Jake came down with only short. He looked a bit weak but just okay.
'Jake you need to go back to bed'
'No. I need to see my wife and kids first'
With that he used all the strength he had left to shouted his daughter's name. In seconds, they heard little footsteps. She knew her father's voice and came down running. Victoria, who never laughed since her parents were gone shrieked with laughter as she wrapped her little arms over her father's thighs.
He carried her and sat down on one of the couch to avoid falling down.
'My crystal, my love, I am so sorry your mum and I left you by yourself'
She burst into tears. Crying her eyes out and never letting go of the one man she loved most in this world.
'Cry it out Victoria, but never doubt that mummy and I love you so much'
After about three minutes, she was hicupping. Soon, she turned to her father again
'Where is mummy?'
'Your mummy is in the hospital'
'Daddy?'
'Yes?'
'Please don't leave me again'
Jake had gotten tired of making that promise to the little girl so he said nothing.
'You didn't greet your grandpa, uncles and Aunties'
Victoria smiled, went to them and greeted them. Her eyes were now alive with excitement.
'Sweetheart, how are your brothers?'
'Fine'
'Hope you took care of them while your mummy and I are away'
'Yes daddy'
'Come, I miss them too'
She followed him upstairs to the nursery. There, they met the twins who had completely forgotten their father. Victoria played with Evan on his cot. He laughed and Jake was reminded of Maureen. He picked Evan up and kissed his cheek and the poor child began to cry
'He doesn't know you again daddy'
'I am his father'
He returned him to his crib and picked Ethan. The boy shrieked, then kicked a leg.
By the time they left the nursery, Jake was ready to pay Maureen a visit. He didn't bother bathing, He simply got rid of Victoria who didn't want to leave his side.
'I don't want to leave you', the poor girl had told him
'Do not worry sweetheart. You can stand by the door to guide me. I just want to change clothing'
So saying, he turned his back at her and Victoria slipped out of his room. Jake removed a pair of pants and shirt. He slowly dressed and smiled when he looked at himself in the mirror. He had emaciated a great deal. His brother pushed the door opened and walked inside.
'Why are you looking at me like that?', Jake inquired
'You are wearing your shirt inside out'
He cursed and went for the button while Henry sat on the bed.
'Can you tell me why you up and left, without thinking of your kids?'
'I did thought of them. That was why I left you that note of leaving them in your care'
'Jake you chose Maureen over those little ones?'
'Should I be ashamed of this? Of course she is my wife'
'That marriage is not legal. The priest didn't even issue a certificate'
Jake stilled. This was one secret he would do anything to bury. How had Henry knew these?
'Well', he answered 'get your facts right. Maureen signed the certificate'
'You mean the fake one you and father provided?'
Jake stared dagger at his older brother.
'And who told you these lies?'
'I spoke to the priest myself'
'You didn't dare'
'Sure I did. You have to do right by Maureen and the kids and marry her legitimately. So after all these while, you've been intimate with her and sharing a room but you couldn't tell her you guys are still not married?'
'Stay off my affairs'
'I will, little brother. But when Joel finds out? When Maureen finds out? I don't think you will ever see her or your kids again'
'Get out of my room'
'You have three days to clear your mess and make things right or else,I will personally tell Joel'
'Maureen won't ever leave me'
'Her opinion does not matter here. You know why? She is in a comma. Three days Jake or else...'
Jake had never been so furious before. All his life his brother had done a lot of things to provoke him but he had never been provoked. Now, he felt rage. How dare Henry? Jake didn't remember he was not well recovered. He ran straight at Henry who was surprised. The two fought out all the anger they've been holding. Jake who wasn't strong enough got a beating while Henry got a bruised face and a broken nose.
'Jesus christ', Joel heard Linda screamed
But the two brothers were not yet through with each other. Linda went to separate them but Jake mistakenly gave her a blow in the face. She screamed, bringing Joel, Jordan and Anthony into the room. By then, Henry was beating Jake black and blue. It took Joel all of his will power to stop Henry. The brothers stared angrily at each other, panting heavily.
'What is wrong with you two? Henry, why are you fighting your brother?', Anthony asked.
He knew the boys had never fought. They may have little quarrels and misunderstanding but no fight. Jake was too noble for that and he wondered what Henry must have done to trigger Jake into fighting with him.
'Like I said before Jake, three days is what I am giving you'
'You son of a bi.ch. Stay off my affairs you hear me?'
'We shall see about that', Henry said and walked out.
'Joel, what was that about?', Linda asked.
'All of you should get out of this room. I need a bath', Joel said a bit too calmly.
All left and then he quickly went for a bath and came back only to see Victoria innocently waiting for him. He was too tired for anything. He simply laid down in bed and soon began sleeping. Victoria joined him and they slept.

By morning, Jake left his bed. He wore his clothes and woke up Victoria from sleep. They didn't bath, they walked to the hospital to see Maureen. Unless she wakes up from her comma, her brother would take her away from him.
'Sweetheart come and give mummy a hug', the girl timidly kept standing by the door.
Joel slowly walked to his sleeping wife and hugged her then kissed her cheeks and lips. Victoria went and gave her mother a hug.
'Can you tell your mummy stories about the twins?'
'Can she hear us?'
'Yes'
Victoria, the talkative began talking, from nothing to everything. Filling her mum in all she had missed. After more than an hour she looked at her mum with tears in her eyes and said,
'I miss you mum, I miss you the way I miss Victor and daddy too miss you. Even though he didn't tell me I know. The twins too miss you'
Jake who was sitting on a chair beckoned to Victoria and she sat on his lap. He kissed her forehead and told her that her mother misses her too.
'Can you sing for your mother?'
'Would she like it?'
'Sure'
Victoria sang all the nursery hymns she knew. No one saw it but Maureen's fingers moved.
'Is mummy going to die?'
'No she won't die? Then who would take care of me?'! Jake asked
'And me', Victoria added
'And Ethan', Jake supplied
'And Evan?', his daughter concluded
'Maureen, I refuse to allow you leave us alone. Who in the hell would take care of our kids? What about me? As your husband, I demand you leave that comma'
He turned and saw a doctor smiling at him.
'You must be Jake, her husband'
'Yes'
'I am your wife's doctor, Emeka'
He walked into the room and the two shook hands.
'Is this your daughter?'
'Yes. Her name is Victoria. Victoria greet your mummy's doctor'
'Good morning sir'
'Morning how are you?'
'I miss my mummy'
'Your mummy will be fine'
'Now doctor, I want her discharge immediately'
'We can't do that'
'You can. We both know her illness isn't physical. She is going home to hear her kids cry for her to bossom feed, to hear them laugh and play and hear Victoria's story. She will sleep by me every night and hear how I will not forgive her if she ever gives up.
'But sir, your brother said...'
'I am her husband, not my brother'
'She will still need a doctor'
'I have one in mind already so don't worry'
'Is mummy coming with us?'
'Yes, I'm sure she misses home'
Victoria, too happy ran and hugged her mummy again. The doctor saw all these. He saw Jake kissed his wife's lips and thought that letting her go may be the best option. Thirty minutes later, they were on their way home after buying enough drips which the doctor had prescribed.

'Henry, what happened between you and Jake yesterday?'
'Linda, I kept telling you it doesn't concern you'
'Of course it does. I got this swollen cheeks in the process'
'And I apologized to you. Next time, never you try to separate a fight of two full grown up men'
'You beat him up'
'And he left me with a black eye and red cheeks'
'So you won't tell me?'
'I will, just not yet'
'Why?'
'Cause a lot of things are at risk here'
'Such as?'
He remain mute while Linda pouted and sighed. They heard a car drove into the compound and heard Victoria's excited laugh and they knew Jake had returned. The door to the living room opened and Jake entered, with Maureen in his arms.
'Jake what is wrong with you?', Henry asked him, a bit too calmly
'Mind your business Henry'
'I won't let you do that'
'Do what? Take care of my sick wife? If so, come and stop me'
Both Victoria and Linda looked at the brothers in bewilderment but then, Jake began walking upstairs again. He laid Maureen on the bed.
When he heard a knock, he knew it was Shan. He had called her earlier to check on Maureen and administer some drips for her.
'Shan? Come in'
The door opened and Shan came in with a smile. She hugged Victoria to her and then walked to Maureen's bed
'Good afternoon uncle Jake'
'Afternoon Shan. Can you help me out with her?'
'Of course. I can't afford not to'
Victoria was sent out of the room and Shan helped Jake remove Maureen's cloth and helped her into a nighty. After that, a drip was administered to her.
'Are you sure you won't need a nurse to help you out?'
'No Shan, I won't'
'Okay uncle Jake. is there an empty room here? I would love to stay temporary here to help you take care of her'
'Yes. I will have Victoria moved in with her brothers. You can have her room'
'Okay'
She turned to leave but Jake called her back
'Shan?'
'Yes uncle Jake?'
'Thank you so very much for all you are doing for me'
'You are family uncle Jake. I am glad I can be of help'
She turned the knob and went out of the room.
That evening, they were having dinner when Jake announced he was looking for a house for his family.
'Jake, why?', his father asked
'Because I have overstayed my welcome here and I think its high time I take responsibility of my family'
'Where would you want to go?'
I'm thinking of Jebi'
'That's far', Linda added
'Its not Linda. When Maureen recovers, we will all be returning to Lagos'
'What about your mother?'
'I won't let her continue to determine how I live my life'
'Jake...'
'Father, I am not asking you to permit me. I am leaving'
'Is this about your fight with Henry?'
Henry snorted but Jake pretended not to see him.
' I am sorry Linda, I hit you last evening'
'Why were you two fighting?', she asked her brother-in-law
'Ask your husband'
He went upstairs, pick the twins and brought them to his room to play. Victoria was there to help them out. Soon, the room was filled with shouts and cries of the kids.
'Listen Maureen, your kids need you', Jake whispered into her ears.
When the door opened, Jake turned to see Henry at the door. He stilled, then quickly hid his contempt when he noticed Victoria staring at him.
'Victoria dear'
'Yes? Uncle Henry?'
'Can you call the nanny to return the twins to their nursery? I want to have a private talk with your daddy'
The girl looked from her father to her uncle. She dashed out of the room when her father nodded to her and then returned almost immediately with the nanny who without saying a word, picked the boys and beckoned to Victoria to follow her out.
'No', she shouted
'Victoria. Go with your nanny. Your uncle and I will just have a private talk'
Victoria slowly walked out of the room while the men watched. As soon as the door shut behind Victoria, they turned to each other.
'What do you want?', Jake angrily broke the silence
'For you to do right by Maureen and the kids. Marry her'
'I will, just as soon as she recovers from her illness'
'I still can't understand why father agreed to help you cover such big a lie'
'Henry, haven't you noticed that your kids, Daisy especially has grown into a spoiled brat? Why not channel all your anger into raising her well?'
Henry turned and began walking out of the room. He turned the knob and was about walking out but then changed his mind. He returned and faced his brother.
'At least I married her mother. What about you? you kept being intimate with Maureen in the name of a husband. Have you married her? No. Have you paid her bride price? No. Does she know all these? No'
'I married her'
'You did? I remembered the priest telling me the marriage was not legal. If you love her that much, why have you been lying to her?'
They heard a deep intake a breath and turned at the door way to see Joel and Mich staring in disbelieve at them. Joel rushed into the room.
'You lair, you've been lying to my sister all these while?'
'Joel', Mich called
'Stay out of this Mich, allow me to teach this sod a lesson'
He rushed to Jake but then stopped when Victoria appeared. She hugged Joel and Mich and then smiled at them.
'Jake, if I catch you anywhere near my sister, nephews or nieces again, I will have you put behind bars'
'Joel, please. Let me explain'
'No. And you Henry? How could you you let your brother treat her like this?'
Henry couldn't find his voice. He just stared.
'Jake, do you have any objections? I want my sister back home with me'
'I do'
'Have you married her?'
'No'
'Start packing her things'
Jake began shaking. He could do nothing as Joel removed Maureen's drips and picked her into his arms.
'Where is he taking mummy?'
'Sweetheart, he is taking her away from me'

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Smartproperties(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hmmmm. Great job Tiffanyj...

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by sheba222(f): 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Y henry bring dis issue nw.anyway nice one.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Chizim1: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
thank u, all henry wanted has happen he never want jark happiness

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Donpeteranking(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
for six months i havn't posted or comment on a post but this is different because i think am gonna die soon cause the suspense is breathtaking

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by harunablezin(f): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
do u no y I lyk ur stories..... its not far fetched....u don't update too soon but wen u do it always mouthwatering.... fenks alot

3 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Vickysnipe147(m): 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jake should just man up and do the right thing instead of telling lies to someone you claim to love. when it comes to marriage, it's a serious matter that should not be played with.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by princessadeola(f): 8:30am On Mar 22, 2017
Jake should do the right thing now......welcome back ma'am

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Mobecs(f): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
I can't believe I'm crying....this update is so touching. Joel abeggo forgive Jake.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by kevwe10(f): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
nice one

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by domido(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good evening Tiff, I never knew you've started Maureen part. Just started reading this night. But it got to a point I didn't see some part. I stopped where Maureen and Jake made love for the first time and after that I can't find the rest. Am only reading comments that Maureen is pregnant. What's wrong? And how can I get it? Thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Mj45: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
The drama is just tooooooooooooooooo much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
Victoria looked puzzling at her father, then at her aunty Michelle and then her uncle Henry as if she would find the answers to her questions on their faces. She didn't! And that made her more confused.
'Daddy? Where is my mummy?'
Jake sighed, knelt down in front of his daughter. He kissed her cheek
'Crystal, your mum will not be living with us for a while. Its just for a short time sweet, I promise'
'Everyone has a family except me and the twins. Why?'
The six year old asked her father? She refused to understand that her mummy would now be living with her uncle, Joel.
'Of course you have a family sweet. You have me, your mummy, your grandfather and your brothers', Jake cheerfully told her.
'No. You are always traveling, you and mummy are always fighting. Daddy do you think its my fault that we are not family?'
'Of course not sweetheart. It is never your fault. No matter what, never you forget that your mummy and I love you and your brothers to the point of distraction'
'What's distraction?'
'It means we love u so very much'
'Then don't let uncle Joel take my mummy away'
'I can't stop him sweet'
'Why?'
Joel appeared at the door, with bags in his hands. Victoria recognizing her traveling bag got more confused.
'Daddy? That's my bag'
Jake quickly went on his feet. He walked to Joel, 'you are not taking my kids from me'
'Watch me do it'
'I love Maureen, I intend to wed her as soon as she recovers from her illness'
'Save that epistle for someone else'
Turning to Victoria, Joel beckoned.
'Sweetheart, come, I'm taking you to live with your mummy'
'No'
'Why?'
'I want to live with daddy'
'Don't worry, your brothers are coming with us'
'Then who would take care of my daddy for me?'
'He can take care of himself'
'Joel, you took my wife, you will have to kill me first before I let you take my kids away from me'
'Your wife? How much did you pay me for her dowry? In fact, who wedded you?'
Henry and Mich all stood still, not wanting to involve themselves in the situation.
'Okay, we shall see about that'
He let go of the bags and came for Victoria who immediately ran to her father and held his legs as if it were her second skin. Joel tried to pull and Jake too held tightly unto her. The poor girl was now already crying her heart away.
Mich was now already angry and she found herself meddling. She turned to her husband,
'Joel, you and Jake are hurting the poor girl'
'Stay out of this Mich. Many times this clod makes a fool of my sister and I'
'Joel, do you want to pull out Victoria's arm?'
'Stay out of this Mich'
'No, I refuse to stay out of this. it became my problem when you two decide to involve this little girl. Can't you all see that you are hurting her? Maureen, will never forgive you'
Jake found himself and immediately let go of his daughter while Joel took the opportunity to pick her up. She was now shouting.
'Let her go Joel', Jake warned
'No. And when she grows up, I will tell her the kind of man you are'
When Anthony and Linda finally came, the show was almost over.
'What's going on here'
'Since your son is yet to marry my sister, its time I take her and her kids home. I can't stand him humiliating her again'
'Joel, I promise you this, jake would come for Maureen's hands but first, she needs to get better'
'I won't give him another chance sir. All I want is my sister and her kids'
'And if I say no?', Anthony said calmly.
'Stay out of this sir'
'These are my grandkids we are talking about. You took your sister'
'Joel, Victoria will never forgive you for taking her away from her father. You know how close these two are and how to her, her father never makes a mistake', Mich caution.
At last, Anthony threw Joel out of his house, without the kids. Joel looked at the Josephs and Marched to his car.
'Daddy, I don't want to leave you'
Victoria said In tears.
You won't sweetheart. I promise'

A week later, the Josephs were having lunch when a letter came in for Jake. The security guard said it was brought in by a post man. He kept it beside him and continue eating.
'Open it up. It might be from mother', Henry added
Slowly, Jake tore open the envelop and slowly read its content. He swore and then sighed.
'What is it?'
His father asked him
'Joel took me to court. I have been summoned to court on the 30th of this month'
'That's in three weeks time', Linda added
'What will you do now?'
'I will go'
'First, you too need a lawyer, Anthony added.
Henry said nothing. He knew that if he did, his brother would blame him for the predicament. He simply continued eating his food. This case he knew Joel would win, his brother won't but he dared not say that out.
The next day, Anthony looked for a very good lawyer and briefed him on the state of affairs.
Who do you think the Judge will side with?', Jake asked
'I'm sorry mr Joseph, the court may even give your kids to mr Jason. Especially after your father explained to me how you left Miss Maureen during her first and second pregnancy, without money'
'Joel would bring that up?'
'Since he took you to court, he will'
'What about the public disgrace?'
'I don't think he cares about that'
'What's the worse that could happen?'
'The Judge would take the kids away from you and then, since you are still their father, you may be given visiting right, once in a month, or maybe, once in two months'
'What?'
'Yes. You haven't married her Jake, you haven't even paid her dowry'
'What do you suggest we do?', Anthony asked
'I suggest you don't drag your family to the mud. You have to pay a visit to her brother, settle this amicably, at least, until miss Jason recovers'
He took his leave and Jake didn't know what to do. The following week, he made a decision. He took Victoria to Joel's house.
'What do you want Jake?'
'She only misses her mother'
'We shall meet in court'
'Are you willing to expose your sister to such shame and degradation?'
'After what you did to her, nothing can be worse'
'Joel, I don't want us to meet in court. Let us solve this issue privately'
'How?'
'Call the damn priest. I will marry Maureen right now'
'Never'
Mich came and took Victoria to see her mother. A young nurse had been employed to take care of her.
'What do you want Joel?'
'My sister's kids'
'Don't forget, they are also my kids'
'Jake, I will withdraw the charges against you only if you forfeit the kids to me'
'Can I at least see her?'
'No'
'Joel, please. I am begging you'
'No way'
When Victoria returned, her father quietly drove her home. She too, said nothing.
The following week, jake called her into his room.
'Vicky?'
'Yes daddy'
'I need you to do me a favour'
'Can you go and stay with your mummy at your uncle Joel's house?'
'Why?'
'Because mummy is alone there'
'Okay'
'You will go with your brothers'
'I will?'
'Yes.
It took him another fifteen minutes to convince her that it was the best decision.
Three days later, he drove her, the twins and nanny to Joel's.
'Joel, I need two favours'
'What?'
'I want to be financially responsible for Maureen and the kids'
'No'
'Please'
'What next?'
'Visiting right'
'Once in a month'
'I need a weekend'
'No. You will have an hour, every month'
'Okay', he said. Praying for Maureen to regain consciousness before that time.
'Can I at least see her?'
'No'
'Please Joel. Its just once in a month'
With Mich's intervention, Jake was allowed to see Maureen. He walked into her room and without caring what her brother would say, kissed her lips.
By the time he walked out, he couldn't say goodbye to his kids. He. Couldn't bear the pain of leaving Victoria again, especially after he promised her he wouldn't. He slipped out of the house.

Three weeks later, Jake, determined to be a good father, had traveled to Lagos, met an agent and put up one of his houses for sell. He returned to Abuja and began house hunting. He wanted something Maureen and the kids would want and he kept looking without luck. He spent his days planning how to bring his family together. He and Henry were still not talking but he didn't care. He looked forward to the end of the month, when he would visit Maureen and the kids. He had just left another house he found unsatisfactory and he began to wonder if he would ever get a place he would gladly share with his wife and kids. Of course he had every intention of marrying Maureen, but that would be after she is awake and they had taken care of Helen and Philip.
He drove into his father's house and went straight to his room, showered and then slept for a good hour. Tomorrow will be a very special day, he would visit his kids and Maureen. He made a short prayer for Maureen to regain her consciousness and then went down for his dinner. Once downstairs, he observed that his brother and Linda were already seated. He didn't bother telling them a word but just went ahead to serve himself.
Slowly, he ate his food and tried not to notice that his brother and Linda seemed worried for him. He picked a sliced sausage and took his to his mouth and then looked up to realized Linda and Henry were staring pitifully at him. Again, he ignored them and picked slices of chips into his mouth.
'Jake?', Linda called
He slowly turned to her but he was so calm she almost knew not what to say.
'I miss them too you know. Maureen and the kids', again, he continued eating and refused to respond.
'The least you can do is to not drag me into your fight with Henry. It really isn't fair to me'
'I am not fighting with Henry'
'Then why is it that you talk to no one in the house. You keep more to yourself?'
'If your husband and kids get taken away from you, how would you feel, Linda?'
'Empty'
'Now you know what I feel. Very empty. I miss them'
'Can I take you out tomorrow? For a dinner?'
'No'
'Please Jake'
'Take your husband instead'
He said, pushed back his chair and left the room. Henry turned to his wife,
'Jake blames me for being separated from Maureen and his kids. He hates me Linda'
'He doesn't. He is just hurt'
'My brother is miserable'
'Have you tried to talk with Joel?'
'I tried but he won't bulged. He is adamant you know'

Jake was immaculately dressed in a white shirt and blue Jeans. He couldn't hide his excitement when the door opened and he was greeted by Joel at the door.
'Welcome'
'Thank you'
'Where are they?'
'Sit down. Let me send someone for them'
He sat down and Mich appeared in a jeans and shirt. She smiled when she saw him and quickly stood up and gave her a hug.
'I'm glad to see you Jake'
'Same her Mich. Tell me. How are they? Maureen, is she awake?', he eagerly asked
'I'm sorry Jake, but not yet'
He couldn't hide his disappointment. Slowly, he turned to her.
'The kids? How are they? Hope they didn't give you much trouble?'
'Not at all. They are all healthy, just that Victoria...'
'What about her?'
'She is getting violent'
'How?'
'She is becoming stubborn and yet doesn't want to be scolded'
'Why?'
Maureen didn't get to answer as Victoria came rushing downstairs.
'Daddy?'
She was in his arms and crying and laughing at the same time. Joel and Mich exchanged a glance. Victoria was becoming increasingly difficult to be with. She had earlier on told Joel that she want to talk to her father and when he refused, she had looked at him for a full minute and then said,
'When my mummy wakes up, I will tell her that you took us away from our daddy and grandfather'
'Are you not happy here Victoria?', he had asked her.
'I hate you uncle Joel, for making us to live without our daddy'
With that, she had ran out to her room. Now she looked happy and cheerful.
'What did you bring for me daddy?'
'Come, let me show you'
She ran out with her father. He opened his car boots and inside were filled with all sort of food, clothes and even toys. He had shopped for his beloved kids.
'Wow?', she exclaimed
'What about mummy?'
'I bought her flowers. They are at the back seats of the car'
'I miss you daddy'
'I miss you too my crystal', he said and he began unloading the boot.
'Please daddy, take us home'
'Then who would take care of your mummy?'
The girl wisely kept mute. When he was finally done, he left everything he brought for the maids to take inside but picked the flowers to and Victoria upstairs to Maureen. She was lying down, on her bed. Why doesn't she want to wake up? He walked to her and kissed her.
'Vicky?'
'Yes daddy'
'Can you give me a few minutes with your mummy?'
'You miss her?'
'Yes'
The girl walked out quietly. When the door closed behind her, he sat on the bed and held Maureen's hands.
'I won't forgive you if you give up. Never. Maureen I am living in an empty world. The only thing keeping me going is you and the kids. I am weak because I can't bear to have to wait another three weeks to see you all again. Come back. Our kids, especially Victoria had suffered enough. We need to raise them as a family. They deserve a real family. Please I am begging you, you have to wake up and bring back the light in my heart. I treated you very badly in Lagos, left you to take care of Victor and Victoria and you lost your mind when Victor died. I committed a lot of atrocities to you and even lied about our marriage but even if you won't forgive, just come back to us. Knowing you are alive and well is enough for me'
He couldn't bear it again and he broke down into tears. When he heard the door opened, he quickly wiped his eyes and turned to Victoria.
'Daddy?'
'Yes?'
'Your eyes are red. Are you crying?'
'No sweetheart'
'You look sad'
'I don't know why your mummy doesn't want to wake up'
'Do you think she is with Victor?'
'No victoria. Your mummy isn't with Victor'
Now let's go see your little brothers. I missed them too.
Jake spent a good hour with his kids. When it was time for lunch, he and Victoria ate in silence while Joel kids kept arguing and giggling. Jake barely ate his food and Victoria too left her own. Deep down, she knew her father would soon leave again.
After lunch, Mich brought a vase and Maureen's flowers were neatly arranged and returned to her room.
An hour later, it was time for Jake to leave. He looked painfully at his kids. Kissed the twins on their foreheads and then turned to Victoria.
'Guess what?', he said cheerfully'
'What?'
'I am haunting a house for us. Very soon, we will all be family again'
'Can grandpa come live with us?'
'You miss him?'
'Yes daddy'
'I miss him too'
There was silence.
'Sweetheart, I have to go. Promise you will take care of your mummy and brothers'
'I will dad'
'Good girl'
She began crying when he entered his car and drove away. Joel and Mich came to comfort her. Joel knelt beside her and held her tenderly.
'Your daddy will be fine'
'I don't like it here uncle Joel. I miss my daddy and my grandpa'
With that, she went upstairs in tears.
'Joel, do not allow that girl to hate you', Mich warned
'She is just a little girl'
'Not just any girl but Maureen's girl. Can't you see? She is blaming you for not being with her father'
'So?'
'Let them go. Let Maureen go. She already have three kids for that man. What I expect you to do is insist for Jake to quietly bring her bride price and then all these will be over'
'Did you see him make an effort to?'
'He did Joel, but you refused. How long will you keep separating them as family? We both know that Maureen would go live with him when she wakes up. This is just how much she loves him'
'I am sleepy Mich'
'Keep running Joel, you can not hide'

The following week, Maureen slowly opened her eyes. The room was empty and quiet. She tried to remember why she felt so tired but couldn't. She lie down quietly and waited for what seems like ages when the door opened and Mich walked in.
'Mich?'
'Oh my! You are awake'
'How long have I been sleeping and why do I have drip?'
'You've been sleeping for three months'
'What? My babies, where are my babies?'
'They are all fine'
'Jake?'
'He is fine'
'Where is he? I need to talk with him'
'You should talk with your brother first'
'Why? Where is my husband? Left again, didn't he?'
'No Maureen'
Mich couldn't answer her so she ran to her bedroom and woke up her sleeping husband who had just returned from his shift at the hospital.
'My love?'
He groaned but then refused to open his eyes. She leaned and kissed his lips.
'Mich, I don't have strength of s.x now. Come back latter', he muttered.
'I don't want s.x'
'Then go away'
'Your sister just regained consciousness'
His eyes snapped opened. He sat up and stared at his wife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Mobecs(f): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
This update is impressively long!!! I love you Tiffany J.......and I'm glad Maureen is back, Jake's helplessness just makes me tear up....

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by prisomic(f): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nne welcome bk ooo,nice one ooo.....bt d long throat no b here!!!!! Welldone

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by teel123(f): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
Tiffany J , thanks for the update. So till when is another update.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
teel123:
Tiffany J , thanks for the update. So till when is another update.
Now
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
'Tell me you are not kidding'
'I can't kid with something so serious'
He kissed her forehead, left the bed and ran to his sister's room. She was still lying down when he opened the door. Maureen smiled at her beloved brother. The siblings were all not properly dressed but they didn't seem to notice that. She was in a thin nighty and he in a shorts. Seeing his sister fully awake, he ran to the bed and hugged her for a full minute while his wife stood at the door to watched.
'Are you hungry?', he finally asked her
'I am not. I just want to see my husband and my babies'
As if on cue, the door opened and Victoria burst in. She saw her mother, awake and she stood at the door watching.
'Sweetheart you don't miss me?', she asked her daughter.
The girl just kept staring. She didn't make a step towards her mother.
'Victoria?', Maureen called
'Mummy, please tell uncle Joel to call daddy'
Joel helped his sister to a sitting position, supporting her with a pillow. Once seated, she turned to her daughter again.
'Victoria, come and give me a hug'
The girl, very reluctantly walked towards her mother. She climbed the bed and hugged her mother, after which, she turned to her uncle,
'Uncle, will you call my daddy now?'
'I will call your daddy sweetheart but I need to talk to your mummy first'
'Why?'
'This is adults talk, perhaps, you will understand when you grow older'
'I miss my daddy', she said and ran out of the room.
A tear slipped down Maureen's cheeks. Victoria was so innocent she didn't knew her action had hurt her mother. Maureen wiped her tears. No matter what she did, she knew that Victoria would always choose Jake over her. There was this strong bond between father and daughter that no one can break. To victoria's little mind, her father would always come first, her mother second, her brothers and then her grandpa.
'What is happening and why am I here and not with Jake?', she asked her brother
'You need to rest, eat then we can talk'
'I clearly miss a lot. I can't afford to wait a minute'
Joel slowly but painfully t old Maureen all that had happened. From her kidnapping to her fake marriage. She listened, hurt and sad.
'You saw the priest?'
'Yes'
'How could Jake do this to me?'
'I think, you need to change environment Maureen. If he truly loves you, he would have told you the truth. Jake had compromised you Maureen'
'But I love him Joel'
'I know that. That's why, I want you to pack your kids and go somewhere. Start all over'
'And be a single mum of three? I went through it with Victoria and Victor, I can't go through it again'
'You can, you are still young and beautiful. You may actually fall in love again'
'Jake is the one man I will ever love, even though, he keeps hurting me'
A tear again found its way to her cheeks.
'Maureen...'
'Joel, I need to be alone'
'But...'
'Please, let me be'
Slowly, he held Mich's hand and they walked out of the room. Ten minutes later, Joel pushed opened his sister's door and found her still crying. He looked helplessly at her already swollen eyes as she looked up to him.
'I am sorry Maureen'
She didn't reply him. She blew her nose and used a duvet to clean it. At the moment, she didn't care about anything. She had been made a fool at, again and again by the one man she loved.
'Joel?'
'Anything for you little sis'
'Call Jake. I need to have a talk with him'
'I will do no such thing Maureen. I expect you to get away from him, not giving him the opportunity to hurt you more'
'I want to see him. I've got questions for him'
'Maureen...'
'Will you call him or do I have to? I am not asking for your permission, big bro'
'Why are you doing this to yourself?'
'Where is my phone?'
'Okay, I will call him'
'Thank you'
'Do you need anything again?'
'Yes. I need Mich to help me clean up and then, I need to see my babies'
Joel stormed out of the room in an anger he managed to hide from his sister. He entered his room to a waiting Mich.
'So?'
'Of everything she could ask for, wanting me to call Jake wasn't what I anticipated'
'You are angry'
'Why shouldn't I be?'
'I think she would always love him, no matter how much it is he hurts her'
'And that's why I am more angry'
'I can think of many ways to make you happy again', she said, seductively.
'How?', he asked, pretending to not know what she meant.
she began unbuttoning her shirt, revealing dark smooth skin. He grabbed her, kissed her neck and she moaned.
'You are never tired?'
'How can I ever be tired of my love?'
three minutes later, his wife was lying down in his arms, happy, with a smile on her face. It then occurred to him that the door wasn't locked and any of his kids may barge in. He swore.
'What?'
'The door'
'Not to worry, Kenneth and kelvin are having their afternoon nap. Jessica is with her nanny'
He swore again. Maureen sat up, intentionally refused to cover her bosom which she knew, always drove him crazy.
'Relax Joel, I Jake loves Maureen too'
and then it occurred to him that he had promised to send Mich over, to help her.
'Mich?'
'Hmm'
'Maureen had earlier asked me to call you. I think she needs to go the bathroom'
'And you are just telling me?'
'I forgot'
She kissed his lips, left the bed and picked her robe. When the sash was securely tied around her waist, she smiled at her brother and left. Walking down the corridor was Maureen's room. She pushed opened the door and found Maureen, already in the bathroom. She heard the older nurse employed by Joel talking in the bathroom and sighed in relive. Quickly, she changed the beddings and made the bed. After that, she opened the bathroom door and found her sister-in-law, soaked up in a hot tub.
'Did you asked Joel if it is alright for her to bath?', Mich asked the nurse.
'It should be, but your sister-in-law wouldn't let me ask him. She insisted she needed a bath', the nurse replied.
'Leave us, I will take over from here'
'Okay then', the woman said and walked out.
'I can see it in your eyes, what you just did', Maureen said
'What?', Mich snapped
'Have you forgotten I lived here with you and Joel when you two are newly married? There is always this glow in your face when...'
Mich caught her short.
'Point taken. So how are you feeling. Right now, hungry and weak'
'What may I prepare for you to eat?'
'just noodles'
'Why?'
'Its been long I had a taste of it'
Mich helped her bath, used a towel to wipe her dry then picked a robe and done it over her body. By the time they returned to the room, she was drained of her strength
Mich went to prepare noodles while Maureen sent a maid for her kids.
The little children have almost forgotten her. When she went for Evans, he broke into a wail and Maureen hated herself. Ethan, refused for her to carry him. She told the nanny to return them to the nursery. Mich came in with her noodles and two boiled eggs.
'Thank you', she said
'Don't mention. Just get strong for your kids'
Where is Victoria?'
'In her room, sulking'
'Okay'
She began slowly to eat her food. As she ate, she realized that she had lost control of her life. No job, her little kids don't know her again, her eldest is now distant. She is a single mother of three without a job to support herself and her kids.
She ate, the food tasting like ash in her mouth. When she was through, she drank a bottled water and then sat there staring at the ceiling. Her brother came in, kissed her cheeks and then packed the plates downstairs.

She was still seated in her bed, when a knock sounded on the door and her brother walked in with Joel on his heels. They stared at each other. While Joel came to stand in front of her, Jake stood at the door. He knew her brother must have told her the bitter truth already. As they stared, the door burst opened and Victoria burst in.
'Daddy', she said and flung her little arms around his thigh. He picked her up, kissed her cheeks and put her down.
'Your mother and I need to talk. Can you give us time alone?'
'She looked from her daddy to her mummy. She saw her mother, looking sad and then ran to the bed, she climbed, hugged her and whispered, 'I miss you mummy'
Without waiting for a reply, she dashed out of the room. It became quiet again. Jake couldn't take a step into the room, he kept standing by the door.
'Joel, excuse us', She said quite calmly'
'No. I won't leave you alone with this man'
'Joel, I need time alone with Jake'
'No'
'I have private questions I want to ask him. Please don't embarrass me further'
Joel reluctantly left his sister's room. As soon as the door got shut, she turned her gaze to Jake.
'What do you have to say for yourself?', she asked
'I am sorry'
'Sorry? Sorry Can not make me feel better'
'Let me explain'
'Explain how you've been lying to me and deceiving me?'
'I wronged you. But let me explain'
'I don't want to hear any of your lies anymore. You are not allowed to say goodbye to Victoria or the boys. As soon as you step out of this room, drive out of this house and forget you and I ever had any intimacy. Forget you have any kids with me. I've just relieved you of all responsibilities toward the kids and I'
'No, don't do this to me, please Maureen'
'My brother and Mich will come for our clothes before the end of the week'
'No, I won't let you do this to me'
'If you want us to fight dirty I am ready for that too. I have nothing to loose, afterwards, the public had always seen me as your mistress. I will drag you to court if I have to and get a restraining order'
Jake rushed into the room. He stood before her, fell on his knees and let the tears he had been holding to slipped.
'Get out of my room'
'No, don't punish me this way. Please, I am begging you. I didn't tell you that the wedding isn't legit because I was scared you would leave me. Telling me to leave is like telling me shooting me in the heart'
'Get out', she said, with tears in her eyes.
'You have to tell your brother to drag me out'
When the door burst opened, Victoria's smiled died at the sight before her. She looked from her mother's tear stained cheeks to her father's.
'Get out and never show your face again', Maureen snapped yet again.
'No, please don't separate me from you and the kids. I will do anything you want. Anything, just don't send me away', he said, holding her legs.
Joel came in, and began sending Jake out.
'You heard her right, go and never return'
Victoria who had watched her parents with tears in her eyes went wild. She hated her mother and her uncle for what they are doing to her father.
'Mummy please, I will be a good girl, just don't send daddy away again'
'Go back to your room and return only when I send for you'
'Okay, Maureen, let me say good bye to my kids. Please, for the sake of the good times we once shared'
'I won't give you that satisfaction Jake, disappear'
Slowly, Jake went on his feet, he looked pleadingly at her again but she wouldn't bulged. As he walked out, Victoria ran after him, she was in his arms in and sobbing.
'Don't leave me daddy'
Joel forcefully separated father and daughter. She cried and kicked while Jake slipped out of the house. He didn't go home, he went to a club and drank. When he returned home, he couldn't sleep.
The next day, he packed his things and left without a word to his father or brother.

2 years later

Her phone rang, she absently went to it and picked it. Its Victoria's school.
'Hello?'
'Miss Maureen, can you come over to the school?'
'Is Victoria ill?'', she asked the principal
'Just come as soon as you can'
'Okay'
She picked her handbag and walked out of her office. She met her secretary.
'I just received a call from Victoria's school. Take care of everything'
'Okay, ma'am'
She walked to her car, and drove to Victoria's school. The girl was waiting in the principal's office.
'Sweetheart are you okay?', Maureen asked
Victoria didn't answer. She just turned her face away.
'What's wrong?'
'Sit down miss Jason'
She sat down and waited for the news.
'Victoria had been caught stealing again'
'What?'
'Yes. She opened her teacher's bag and stole the woman's pen and a tissue paper'
'Victoria, why are you doing this to me? What do you want? I give you everything. Why are you always making me sad?'
Victoria, unrepentant only looked at her mother. Maureen turned to the Headmaster,
'I will talk to her'
'You see, miss Jason, it is because of your connections that made us to keep up with her habits. No one likes her, not even her class mates. She made no friends and is always into one trouble or another but the school can not take this anymore'
'Meaning?'
'The school management agreed have her expelled'
A tear slipped from Maureen's cheeks. She turned to Victoria and began hitting her. The girl didn't stop her mum, she didn't cry, she just shrugged and ran outside.
'She is just a child sir'
'She is eight. She is growing worse'
Maureen picked her bag and Victoria's school bag. She met the girl waiting for her at the car. She unlocked it and they boarded it.
Once home, she met her uncle and his wife watching Tv. She didn't greet them, she just walked up the stairs. Joel called her back and scolded her. She just shrugged inwardly and then her mother came in, crying.
'What did she do again?', Joel asked
'She got expelled'
'What was her offense?'
'Theft'
'Victoria what's wrong with you? Why are you always making your mother cry?', Linda asked her
Victoria turned to her mother.
'What's my punishment now?'
Maureen slapped her. She fell down and let the tears flow.
'I will beat you today'
She pounced on the girl but was stopped by Mich. When she was told to go to her room, she gladly did. She ran up, lucked the door she shared with Jessica and removed a secret box. In the box was a picture. She looked at it and cried then returned it to its hiding place.
Slowly, she crept to the kitchen, opened the pot of stew. She kept it on the titled floor, sat down and began feeding on the fish and meat. She heard her Kelvin and Kenneth returned. She kept eating.
'Jesus christ!', Mich exclaimed
Joel and Maureen ran into the kitchen. She looked at her mother, then her uncle and his wife. Maureen slapped her, again, she shrugged inwardly.
'What kind of girl are you? Not to worry, I will call your grandfather and your uncle, Henry. I will tell them the kind of child you are turning to'
She was sent up to her room. Jessica was back from school and the house was already filled with activity. Kelvin opened the door.
'We heard you stole again Victoria?', she ignored him.
'I don't know why we have to share our house with a thief'
Again, she ignored him and went to wash herself. When it was time for lunch, she stayed up while all the kids went down. Evan came to her room.
'Are you not hungry?', he asked
'Get out of here', she yelled
The poor boy began crying. Maureen came into the room and looked angrily at her daughter then picked up Evan. The family ate in silence while Victoria lay in her bed.

That evening, Anthony and Henry, who had received Maureen's agitated call came knocking at the door. After all the greetings and pleasantries, they asked Maureen what the problem was. She burst into tears and told them her daughter is a disgrace to her.
'Can we have a talk with her?'
'Sure. She may listen to you. She doesn't listen to me'
Kenneth was sent to call her. He returned and said,
'Aunty Maureen, Victoria said to tell you she is sleeping'
'What? Henry asked. Go tell her I said she has two minutes to show herself here'
Kenneth ran up again. He returned, with Victoria following him. She looked at her uncle and grandfather then at her mother.
'Are you not going to greet us? Victoria?'
'Will you punish me if I don't?', she asked Henry
'Yes', he replied'
I'm not scared of your punishment. There is a stick upstairs, mother beat me with it. I can bring it'
'You really are a spoiled brat', Henry told her
Anthony couldn't explain why the girl has changed so suddenly.
'I bought ice cream for you', he told his favourite grandchild.
'I am not hungry'
'Why were you expelled from school?', Henry asked
'I just took my teacher's pen and a tissue paper'
'Who permitted you to?'
'No one'
'So this is what you want? To be a bad girl?'
She shrugged, visibly and Henry hit her. She didn't cry. She just stared at him, without fear.
'I am tired of her', Maureen cried.
'Maureen, can she come stay with me for sometime?', Anthony asked
'Can I go and start packing my clothes?', she asked excitedly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by teel123(f): 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
TiffanyJ:
Now
. I mean. After today.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Tbrak: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
first to comment, ao is ur health? tanx 4 d double update God bless u, wen should we expect anoda update?

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
teel123:
. I mean. After today.
I just posted two long updates. You will get another before the end of the week. I just want to be done with this work
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Op Pls I Wil Lyk To Ask Diz Question Have U Deleted The Previous Three Story.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by aprilwise(m): 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
i really missed this story,
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Op Pls I Wil Lyk To Ask Diz Question Have U Deleted The Previous Three Story.
I deleted some parts of the three stories. Why do you asked?
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
Tbrak:
first to comment, ao is ur health? tanx 4 d double update God bless u, wen should we expect anoda update?
Very much better. Thanks for asking. Before the end of this week
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by emilygold(f): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Thumbs up for you. If I don't drop a comment then I am a really bad person. You did nice work. Thanks KS for feeding us again. Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by teel123(f): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
TiffanyJ:

I just posted two long updates. You will get another before the end of the week. I just want to be done with this work
if not for anything but for EASTER. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
TiffanyJ:

I deleted some parts of the three stories. Why do you asked?
I Asked Cus I Want To Read It.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.