Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (397008 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
emilygold:
Thumbs up for you. If I don't drop a comment then I am a really bad person. You did nice work. Thanks KS for feeding us again. Get well soon
hy cutie, wud like to be friends with u
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by heemah(f): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Wow! That was a lengthy update! Thanks so much for this TiffanyJ. Btw, how av u been?

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by smokeydrinky: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Poor Victoria. She is missing her daddy.... Oh, how heart broken she will be when she finds out daddy left again. I feel so sad.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by dammyluv911(f): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2017
am short of words

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by marianneada(f): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2017
I pity Victoria, i dont know why Joel should take such decision, he shouldn't have treated Jake the way he did, we all know the circumstances surrounding the fake wedding,.... And Jake was ready to wed his sister legally,.... Then to Maureen, it's a pity that after being in coma for three months, she woke up to break up with her man just because he had a fake marriage with her, knowing how he loves her ... Two years gone..... And she feels ok living without him,..... I blame Joel and Maureen for Victoria 's condition,... Look at what they have turned my crystal into,...(sobs) . They should pray it doesn't get out of hand,.... Because i' ll take up the case,.... Tiffany, i salute you,... Well done, still waiting for more update smiley

4 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by chingylingy9(f): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2017
I hate JEOL I hate HENRY...Wicked set of people Enemies of progress. Now they are gonna destroy this little girls life.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by decentboi(m): 10:17am On Apr 14, 2017
mind blowing, u too kw book..... tnx 4 d update ma...

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by harunablezin(f): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2017
well done ma.....but my mind is bin spoiled by d turn of invent....pls do sumtin

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Jibbie28(f): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Victoria is stealing to upset her mother and her uncle. The only person she needs now is her father. Thank you TiffanyJ for the long update.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by pearl009(f): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
it's emotional I feel like crying for Jake..CNT believe Maureen can breakup with Jake for good two years, hmm ..I tink Victoria now despise her mom nd brother that's for the attitude she's showing, poor girl I pity her...And to the boss nice writeup, kudos to you..well you never disappoint that's just you.m your loyal follower from the start, A man to call her own, reluctant bribe nd the other..I ve never miss your story. lost my former acct nd open another bcoz of this...continue the good work ma'm ..More knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by fam24(f): 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
TiffanyJ, thumbs up. though there are some mistakes in the update, like writing Mureen instead of Mich etc. How are you? How is your health? Thanks for the update.

I hope our dear uncle Joel is happy now that his sister is a single mother and lives with him. He should kuku marry her. And our uncle Henry, I hope he is also happy that his brother and his kids are no longer competing with his kids for the grandfather's love and attention.

Nobody considered Victoria while making their decision, this is like the third or forth time she would get separated from her father. Those selfish adults should give one reason why Victoria should obey them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by princessadeola(f): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
Weldone ma, its a well deserved update. more wisdom ma

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Feyikemi12(f): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2017
i don't know why I just love this story thumbs up tiffanyj so when next should we expect another update

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Julietogbo(f): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2017
ma Tiffanyj u are such a darling I love u Joel n Maureen are the cause if what is happening to Victoria

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Everywhere went quiet. Maureen looked at her again.
'You want to go spend a few weeks with your grandpa?'
'yes'
'Then go up and packed your things', the girl ran upstairs. Maureen turned to Anthony.
'Can you cope with her?'
'Yes, I can'
'Then let me go help her pack'
She walked upstairs, and Henry turned to his father.
'You are too old to handle her'
'I said I will be fine. No words from Jake?'
'No. Two years had gone by, no call, no message, nothing. He just up and left without a trace'
'Do you think Victoria's attitude has something to do with Jake's absence?'
'There is a possibility'
'Did you talked to his bankers?'
'Yes. He hasn't appeared nor withdraw his money in two years. Jake doesn't want to be found'
'I can't die without seeing him'
'I think, deep down, he blames me for everything. He hates me'
'He is your brother. He can't hate you'
Maureen came downstairs with Victoria and a suitcase. Henry collected it.
'Grandpa, let's go'
'Wait, aren't you saying goodbye to Evan and Ethan?', Maureen asked
'No', the girl replied
'What about Maureen and Joel?'
'No'
Three pair of eyes stared at the girl. Maureen went on her knees and hugged the girl. She didn't reciprocate.
'Bye, and be of good behaviour.'

She settled down quite well in her grandpa's. She stopped picking things that aren't her's. She loved the quietness of the house. She ate little and watched little cartoon. She often stayed on her own. Whenever Henry brought his kids over, she picked their things and Anthony would send the things back whenever he finds them. A month went by, Maureen came to pick her up but she refused to go.
'But why? Evan keeps asking of you'
'Nothing'
'Please Vicky'
'I like it here'
'what about school?'
'I hate school'
'You used to like school a lot'
'Not anymore'
'Why?'
'Nothing'
Maureen kept coming and Victoria kept refusing to go with her. She ended up spending three months with Anthony. Henry advised Maureen to not force her into coming with her and she didn't.
A complete year came and left with her at Anthony's house. A complete year without school. At nine, she was tall, dark and thin. She kept more and to herself. She didn't want to go out, not even shopping. On christmas day, Maureen came to see her with the twins. She was quiet all through that Maureen in tears, went back to her brother's house. She was into real estate. She had sold her plots of land to establish herself and she was doing quite well but she wasn't happy. Her daughter's behaviour baffled her.
Victoria unknowingly to her grandfather, went out to bath in the rain one April night. Easter was just at the corner. She enjoyed it and thus sneaked out to bath in the rain whenever she could.
It started with a sneeze and then a cough. Anthony noticed it and gave her cough syrup. Later, she was having a running nose. Finally, she began running temperature.
Anthony took her to the hospital and she was giving some medication and asked to return home. She seemed better the following day and Anthony sighed, in relieve. By evening, her temperature was high. Shan was called by Henry to take a look at her. Maureen too came as soon as she heard.
She opened the door and saw her daughter lying in bed.
'Victoria, mummy is here'
Victoria visibly flinched. She began crying.
'Grandpa, please send her away'
'Why? She is your mummy and will take care of you'
'No' she said and slowly began to sleep, the drugs, already taking effect.
'I don't understand, why is she avoiding me and her brothers?'
two hours later, she began crying in her sleep.
Maureen ran to call Anthony and Henry. By the time they came, Victoria was trashing.
'Mummy please, don't send him away', she said
Maureen stilled. Henry and Anthony looked at her. She looked shocked
'Uncle Joel, my daddy, don't take him away from me, please. Daddy don't go, Victor left me, don't leave me, please'
'Victoria?', Maureen called
'I will be a good girl mummy, just don't send my daddy away. Tell uncle Joel to not send him away. Please'
Maureen burst into tears. She touched Victoria but she kicked.
She was falling and Henry held her. She stopped crying.
'Daddy?'
'Sweetheart I am here'
'Take me away from mother and uncle Joel. I hate it there'
'I will dear, I promise you', Henry whispered.
She slumped and continue sleeping.
'We should take her to the hospital'
'No need. She will be okay by tomorrow', Shan added.
Henry and his father all walked out of the room. Shan too went out but Maureen remained at her daughter's bedside. She was there all through the night and by morning, the girl slowly opened her eyes. When she saw her mother, sleeping on a chair, she began weeping. Try as she could, she was never able to forget that fateful day. Her father, kneeling, begging her mother, while her mother had selfishly sent him away. Uncle Joel, had assisted her mother in sending her father away and she had seen it all. Maureen's eyes snapped open. she rushed to the bed, but Victoria closed her eyes, her own way of dismissing her mother.
'Victoria?'
No answer.
'Victoria, I am so sorry, I took your father away from you'
No answer.
Please forgive me'
Victoria wasn't ready to forgive. Her forgiveness would come, when her father returns to them- a father, who had disappeared, three years ago.
When her daughter refused to say a word to her, Maureen slowly walked to the living room. Henry was patiently waiting.
'Are you happy now?', he asked her
'Not you again'
'That girl is innocent but you chose to involve her in your fights with Jake. Did you see what it is doing to her? All these years, you complain that Victoria is becoming spoiled, how is it that you never noticed it has something to do with her father?'
'I didn't, because after that fateful day, she never for once asked after him. She just became quiet and docile. After a few months, she began bullying her brothers, then graduated to stealing and then disobedience. How am I suppose to know she was angry?'
'How won't you know? She watched you sent her father away. You were selfish. You didn't think that your kids would want their father?'
'I never thought that Jake would just leave town and never return. At that point I was hurt, I wanted to hurt him back'
'And now you have an emotionally unbalanced daughter. I heard the twins are beginning to ask who their father is'
'If bringing Jake back will bring back my daughter to me, I don't care. Can I have his phone number?'
'Maureen, no one has seen or heard from Jake in the last three years'
'Are you saying...'
'Yes. We don't even know if he is alive or not'
'What will I tell Victoria?'
'I am going home to my wife and kids'
With that, he picked his keys and walked out. Anthony turned to Maureen. His breakfast had been left untouched because it was tasteless in his mouth. Last night, Victoria had unconsciously revealed what was eating her up. She had lived with all those pain for three years and rebelling seems to be her own way of coping. He had always wondered why a girl so full of life suddenly grew very hateful of the people around her. Now he knows who to blame. He blamed her parents for letting her get caught in their feud.
'Maureen, I loved you like my own daughter because you brought back my exiled son home. When you found him, he was very lost but you gave him a very powerful gift- a chance to have a family again. He lost himself when his mum died. Your pregnancy and the kids, paved way for his return to me and Henry and you, in one single moment of anger sent him away from us again.
Do you know that you are the only one with the power over Jake? Not I, not his brother Henry, but you and your kids but you used that power to send him away. I expected your brother to insist he quietly bring your bride price all over again and have him marry you quietly too, but no, he helped you to make a decision that is catching up to to now.
Maureen, did you think of your kids? Did you not know that by sending him away, you have deprived them a normal life?. I am not saying you should have forgiven him, but what I expected you to do is to give him at least, visiting rights. So doing, they will grow up knowing who their father is. Are you not surprised that what had happened to Victoria and Victor is now happening to Evan and Ethan?'
Maureen let the tears to fall. Yes, she had angrily sent Jake away but she never expected him to go without turning his back. She was now living in denial. Miserable and alone. At night, in her empty bed, she sometimes wondered what he was doing and with whom? She missed him, but she wouldn't admit this to anyone. She has had his pictures burnt in an attempt to discard him off her mind, but every time she saw her kids, she saw him. Every time Victoria hurt her and she was at a lost how to handle her, she thought of Jake but will never dare admit it to anyone. After that fateful day she sent him away, She had never spoken about him to anyone. Not to Victoria or her brother but deep down, she was a lost and miserable woman.
Slowly, she stood up and began walking up the stairs when Anthony called her back. She waited, but did not turn.
'Come, let me tell you my story. I know you must have heard from someone but hear this from the horse's mouth',Anthony told her.
She slowly returned to her seat and waited for him to tell her whatever he had in mind.
'Maureen, my marriage with Helen was arranged. There wasn't love lost between us. I strongly kicked against marrying her but my parents threatened to disown me as well as disinherit me. When I met Helen, she confessed to me that she doesn't love me. The attraction between us was Zero. She was tall, fair and very beautiful while I was young and handsome. Like me, she kicked against the marriage but her difficult father won't hear of it. My parents wanted me to marry her because her family are wealthy and powerful. Her parents chose me in order to fulfilled a promise made to my dad when they were younger-my father, played a role in her father's political career.
Our wedding was the talk of town, we smiled at the camera and looked happy, both deep down, we were miserable. My father had a talk with me after the reception. He told me I have to do my duty by making her pregnant immediately. When all the guest left, we were left to have a honeymoon but we both slept quietly. We never shared a room talk more of a bed. We were simply flat mates. Three months into the marriage, our families were at a lost why she wasn't expecting. We both lied to them that we don't know. My mother came unexpectedly to visit us and then found out we stay separately. She insisted that a man must share his room with his wife.
Helen and I then made an agreement. She would give me my heir and then she would be free to have lovers, discreetly. it was a marriage of convenience. After Henry and Jake were born, for the kid's sake, we both slept in the same room but our s.x life was over. We didn't want them wondering why we were not sharing a bed. We agreed that our kids shouldn't be caught up in our miseries.
I had my lovers and Helen had hers. I never asked her where she went and she never did same to me. Despite all these, we made sure our kids never found out. We take breakfast as a family, I drop them off at school while Helen picked them, we spent our evenings together. While I helped them with their homework, she prepared dinner. We eat together as a family. Helen and I were miserable but our kids have the perfect childhood. I sometimes use out of town business to escape town with my lovers and Helen sometimes send the kids to their grandparents to have her own freedom. On such nights, she slept out and I cover for her whenever my mum unexpectedly visited.
She met your father and fell in love with while I met Anna, Tara's mum and fell in love with. When Jake, being the youngest turned eighteen, I moved out of his mother's room. At this point, we began giving them hint that our marriage wasn't that perfect- but then, they were not kids anymore and Henry was already having girlfriends.
We bid our time. As soon as Jake became an adult, we decided it was time we tell our kids that we are getting a divorce. In all these, we never did, Helen's father, was about to become a minister, he wouldn't let us but then, She faked her death to find her peace.
That was my opportunity to find Anna but my pride got into the way. In my anger, I treated her and Tara like trash. You know why? My mum found out about us and framed the love of my life with theft. Anna died, because of my foolishness and Tara though has forgiven, has not forgotten. Me and her were never close because I betrayed the trust and love that should exist between us'

'Do you know why I told you all these?', he asked her.
'If you are not careful, you will end of loosing Jake to another woman and live the rest of your life in pain. I told you this because your kids are the one being hurt here. Every child deserves both parents, every child deserve parental love and care and every child deserve to have a family'
'I give them love and care. They have family'
'Keep telling yourself that young lady. Keep it up. What about a man's love? There are things that Jake should be there to teach his boys'
'Joel is always there for them'
'Joel isn't their father. If you and Jake knew that you would bring kids in this world to only make them suffer, why in the hell do you keep having unprotected se.x?', Anthony said in a raised voice.
'Are you all blaming me now?', Maureen shouted back.
'I blame you and Jake for what Victoria is going through. You two have failed her as parents simply because of your pride. A good parent would always put their kids first. But what did you and Jake did? You put forth your selfish interest ahead of your kid's happiness'
'Jake hurt me, must I still marry him?'
'No. You should have allow him to be in his kid's lives and after you sent him away, he should have stuck around, not for you but for his children. Helen and I sacrificed our happiness for him to have a normal childhood, why couldn't he do that to his kids? Why?', Anthony yelled at Maureen.
'I just want my daughter back with me', she added
'She is going no where. Can you not see that she hates it there?'
'What will I tell her brothers now?'
'Bring them here to visit her often'
'Her school?'
'Does she look to you like she is interested in school?'
Maureen went back upstairs. Victoria was pop up in the pillows and being fed by a maid.
'Leave us', she told the maid.
'Okay', ma'am'
As soon as the door closed behind the young woman, maureen collected the bowl of rice and continue spoon feeding her daughter. When she was through eating, she gave her some water to drink.
'Victoria, can I come stay here for the weekend? I will take care of you until you are well again'
Silence
'I know you are angry with me, but why are you ignoring your brothers? They did you no harm. Your father and I are the one that hurt you, not Ethan, not Evan'
Silence.
'I will go bring them for a weekend with you. You know your grandpa can not bath you, I will do that for you until you are well'
Silence.
'Do you miss your daddy? I miss him too, although I pretend not to miss him, but I do miss him a lot. I regret sending him away Victoria. That was very selfish of me because I didn't think of you and your brothers'
Silence.
She stood up, kissed her girl on the cheek and walked out of the room. She was in her car and on her way to her brother's house. When she finally got there, Ethan and Evan, now, almost four came out to welcome her.
'Mummy, you didn't bring Victoria?', Evan asked'
'That's because we are all going to spend this weekend with her'
'Really, mummy?', Ethan asked
'Yea'
They walked back to the house and she ran upstairs to her room, where she slumped down and cried out her heart. When Mich found her, she tried all she could for Maureen to open up to her and when she refused, she ran out of the room and called Joel. Joel was confused. Maybe Victoria did something bad again. Only two people could hurt her that much. Jake and Victoria. He walked into the room, pulled her into his arms and tried to console her but she refused to be consoled.
'What is it Maureen?'
Maureen tried and was able to catch her breath. She looked at her brother and said.
'Help me look for Jake. Please'
'Why?'
'Victoria...'
'What about her?'

4 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Donpeteranking(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
my wages would be certain death if i dont comment i have been following this story since day one....... And among others i can kill for this write up ... And i certainly dont want it to end ............ Suspend the suspence pls and give more write up .... And by the celebration of easter and the christain faith i know your health is a hundred percent good.....

5 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by arabaribiti(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
My love how are you doing I miss you so much

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by anneboy02(m): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice 1, api Easter

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by omorttee4u(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
This is Easter meal. Nice 1 tiff.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
thanks Tiffany for this wonderful story

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Julietogbo(f): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
tiffanyj I love u to the moon n back happy easter

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mercydaniel: 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Julietogbo:
tiffanyj I love u to the moon n back happy easter
I love her more Dan u,Tiffany u ar just d best please keep it coming like D's we will love u more.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by LilySopi(f): 5:20am On Apr 17, 2017
I cant get enough of this story, omg! U'r a wonderful writer. May God continue to shower u with more knowledge. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adikij(f): 10:51am On Apr 17, 2017
Tiff you simply are amazing your story really touches my heart I learn alot from you. Thanks you are the best

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by darloseh(f): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2017
wow,APPLAUDISE,for d first tym,a stori on nl made me cry,so touchin,hapi easter nd more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by harunablezin(f): 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
I was so amaze at ur update diz Easter..... I tuale for u oooo

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
'Answer me Maureen'
'She hates me. My daughter hates me'
'Why? You are the best mother she got?'
'No. She wouldn't even talk to me'
'Why?'
'She blames me for sending her father away. Please Joel, help me look for Jake'
'He would only hurt you'
'I don't care what he would do to me. I just want my sweet innocent daughter back to me'
'Victoria doesn't hate you'
'She does Joel, you should have seen how she looked at me, without an ounce of love'
'I will drive over and talk to her'
'Don't'
'Why ever not?'
'You and I are not her favourite persons now'
'What do you intend to do now?'
'I will try to make up for all the pains I caused her, while trying to find her father. In fact, the boys and I will go spend the weekend with her'
'Maureen...'
'Joel, do you know that Victoria was misbehaving just to punish me?'
'Maureen'
She wiped her face, went on her feet and walked to her wardrobe to get a small bag ready for herself.

'He hates me Linda', Henry told his wife that night.
She had just had a shower. She took a long look at him and sighed. Slowly, and seductively, she climbed the bed, and kissed his lips then reached out for his pajamas. Henry slowly held her hands.
'What is it?'
'I'm not in the mood for this Linda. Come to think of it, aren't we already old for this thing?'
'Shut up sugar, we can't ever be old enough'
'How old is Daisy?'
'She is almost seventeen. We will soon be grandparents'
'Sugar, for God sake, stop blaming yourself for what happened between Jake and Maureen'
'Its my fault. I should have held my tongue when I found out his marriage wasn't legit'
'Henry, you've been walking around with guilt for the past three years. It really is not fair'
'I deserve all I got. Its all because of me that Victoria is suffering'
'Jake doesn't hate you'
'Then why hasn't he contacted me in the last three years? Why?'
'I need to intensify my search for him'
'He doesn't want to be found'
'I will find him', he said, more to himself.

She parked her car next to Anthony's and turned to her boys.
'Boys, we are here'
'Mummy?', Ethan asked
'Yes sweetie?'
'Why doesn't Victoria like us?'
'You two are her only brothers. She doesn't only like you, she loves you'
'But she is always hitting us and shouting at us', Evan said
'Your sis loves you Evan. Never you forget that'
Saying that, she unlocked the door and highlighted, after which, she helped them out, open the boots and went for their luggages. The kids didn't wait for her, they ran ahead to their sister's room and found her lying down.
'Victoria', Evan said, jumping into bed with her. 'What's wrong? Are you ill?'
'Yes, I am ill', she told him
'What's wrong with you?'
'Its fever'
'What's a fever'
'Where is mummy?'
'Outside', Ethan answered
'Vicky?', he aasked after a long pause
'Yes?'
'Why don't you like Evan and I? Are we not your brothers?'
'I love you'
'Then why did you leave us to come stay with this old man?'
'He is our grand daddy. Have you seen our daddy's pictures in the living room?'
'Yes'
'I don't hate you boys, I am angry with you'
'What did we do?', the boys chorused
'Have you two ever wondered why everyone has a daddy but we don't?'
'Mummy said he traveled to a far away land'
'I am angry with you two because you play with Miracle and Jessica. Why do u play with them?'
'Mummy said they our brothers and sisters'
'They are not. I am your only sister'
'I don't understand, Victoria'
'If you want me to play with you again, stop playing with uncle Joel and uncle Henry's children'
'Why?', they both chorused again
'Because, they sent our daddy away'
'That's a lie. Mummy said...'
Victoria was angry. She turned and slapped Ethan hard on his face.
' Two of you should leave my room. Bye bye'
Ethan was already wailing and Evan too joined him. The door opened and Anthony stood with Maureen at the door.
'Boys? What happened?'
'Victoria hit me'
'Why?'
'She said uncle Joel and uncle Henry sent our daddy away', He added.
'Is it true mummy?', Evan asked
'Sweetheart, its time I tell you the truth'. She knelt down in front of the boys and said,
'I sent your daddy away'
'Why did you do that?', they asked accusingly.
'We fought and I was very angry so I sent him away. Now go and give your grandpa a hug'
They slowly went to him and hugged him. When they were through, he told them to go wait for them in the living room.
'Victoria?',Anthony called
'Yes?'
'Its wrong for you to vent your anger on your brothers. Your father wouldn't like this'
she simply dismissed them by turning her face away. A tear slipped down Maureen's cheek. They went out and when she came back that evening to bath Victoria, the girl didn't refused. She was very quiet all through. When the weekend was over, her mother and brothers all left. She was now better.
A week went by and Anthony decided it was time he had a talk with his grand daughter. It was Saturday, he walked to her door and knocked on the door. She didn't answer. He knocked again and then pushed the door opened. She was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling.
'Victoria, sit down, I need to talk to you'
'What did I do now?'
'Sit down I said'
She was still in her sleeping clothes. Slowly, she down. He sat down next to her and turned to face her.
'Don't you know that you are now a big girl Victoria? That door is meant for a reason'
'Why?'
'I knocked, you ought to have answered me. What if I came in and found you not properly dressed', Anthony wasn't comfortable discussing these with her. They are her mother's job but circumstances had made him do the talking.
'How?', she asked, quite innocently
'Do you not know that you are growing already? Very soon your breast will start becoming big and then only your mother can enter your room without knocking?'
'What about my dad?'
'Not even your dad Vicky'
'Why?'
'Because, you are on your way to become a woman'
'I don't want to become a woman. I want my daddy to keep bathing me'
'You know it Victoria that its impossible'
She shrugged.
'So now you see the importance of the door? It is meant to give you privacy. Whenever you hear a knock and you are not properly dressed tell the person at the other end to hold on'
'Okay. What about if I am properly dressed?'
'Then you will tell the person at the other end to come in'
'Okay grandpa'
'I have something else to tell you'
'Is it about my mum?'
'No'
'What is it then?'
'Its about your school'
'I hate school'
'Why do you hate school?'
'Nothing'
You missed a full year of school activity. You are now a year behind your class mates'
'I don't care'
'You are my favourite grand daughter, you know that don't you?'
'Yes'
'Good. I am sad'
'Why?'
'You are not in school. It isn't right'
'I won't go back to school'
'Victoria, I miss him too. You lost your father and I lost my son. Every night I pray to God to touch his heart wherever he is and bring him back'
'He isn't coming back. Mummy told him to never ever come back', she said as a tear slipped down her cheeks.
'Vicky, all your life, I have never asked you for anything. I allowed you stay here for a year without schooling. Now, I am here to ask you for two things'
'What?'
'Not for your father who left you nor your mother who sent you away, but for me. This old man who had always loved you'
'What?'
'I want you to go back to school'
'And?'
'Stop picking things that aren't yours. I have plenty money and will give you whatever you want, but do not pick what isn't yours'
'When I go back to school, other children laugh at me'
'Why?'
'Because I don't have a father'
'You have a father. My son, Jake is your father. So will you return to school?'
'I won't go back to that school'
'No, you won't. I will enroll you in the school at the other street. Its small but good. In fact, you will walk to school and walk back. Believe you me, its gonna be fun'
'I want to get the rest of my things from uncle Joel's house'
'Shall we go get those things or should we tell your mummy to bring them'
'I think, I want mummy to bring them', she didn't tell him that house was a reminder of the day her father was forcefully taken from her

After another year of a fruitless search for Jake, and her daughter still angry with her, Maureen became depressed. She stopped eating and the smile on her face disappeared. Two months later, Maureen, who had always been chubby was already slim. Nothing her brother said or did made her happy. Victoria was ten and still avoiding her. She had told her that she would forgive, if her mother brought back her father. A year of serious search had left her feeling guilty.
The thought came to her like a thunder storm. She could get help from one man she knew was good at finding people who do not wished to be found. She would need Philip to help her look for the father of her kids.
A week later, she made a post on her facebook page. The post read thus
'Growing up without one's parents is the worst part of my life. I miss them, especially my father who was always there for me. Now, a mother, I wish my parents were here to see what I have become and also, the three beautiful babies I have. Continue to rest in peace, mother and father'

She knew he would get her message and contact her. An hour later, Joel stormed into her room like a man chased. She knew what it was all about.
'Maureen, what did you post on facebook?'
'I am trying to contact father'
'Why?'
'He can help me find Jake'
'Maureen...'
'I won't stop, I won't sleep well, I won't eat well until my daughter forgives me'
'For crying out loud Maureen, don't let Victoria do this to you'
'Joel, four years had gone by since Victoria really laughed. She had left here in other to avoid me. She is almost a teenager and I have a lot of things to teach her but I can't. She doesn't know how to wash even her panties, she doesn't know how to boil water and she will very soon start seeing her monthly flow but I have taught her nothing. I can't bear it, I won't lost her forever, I will keep trying until she comes back to me'
She covered her face with her hands and sobbed her heart out.

She received a call by 2am tow weeks later to wake Joel up. She sat up, knowing the voice.
'Maureen, can you hear me? I am at your gate. Tell your brother I said the two of you should meet me outside. I am in a red toyota Corolla'
She went on her feet, picked up her robe and left her room for her brother's. She knocked, then quickly pushed the door opened. The couple were sleeping in each other's arm and she immediately taught of Jake. She would give her right arm to be in his arms again. She swallowed the pain in her chest and went to the bed.
'Joel?', she shook him awake.
Joel came awake with a start. He saw his sister and sat up quickly. His eyes, immediately on his and Mich's discarded clothes on the floor. He felt embarrassed but then he shrugged, while trying to cover himself more.
'What is the problem?'
She ran to his closet and picked up a robe then quickly threw it at him, thereby, waking Mich.
'What's going on in here?', Mich asked
'Get out, when we get dressed, you can come in',her brother insisted.
'No', just put on the robe'
She turned, and he quickly put on the robe and told her she could turn.
'Maureen, its 2:00am', he said and threw a robe for his wife.
'Jake, father is outside. He said he would love to talk with you and I'
'How do you know that?'
'I just called and I don't know how he got my mobile number'
'I am not going? It took him all these years to appear?'
'Joel, it may have something to do with Jake. Please come with me'
When he tried to discouraged her about going but did not succeeded, he went with her, just in case philip decides to kidnap her again. In their robes, the walked out of the gate to the car waiting outside. They sat at the back seat while their father, looking old but fit turned to them.
'I don't have much time. Sorry I came at this ungodly hour but Helen and I decided to let you all be because, if our enemies ever found out that we have families, they would come after you. I am here because Maureen sent me a message through facebook'
He looked at her again and sighed. His son, looked young and handsome he was proud of him.
'While Maureen, what do you want?'
'Nothing', Joel added quickly. His temper raising.
'No joel, don't say that', Maureen shot at him. Slowly, she explained to her father all that had happened. She didn't spare herself, she told him how she first met Jake and how she had deceived him into having an affair with her.
'What do you want now'
'I want him back', she said, sobbing.
'Maureen, you can't want him back. Not after what he did to you', her brother admonished her.
'Let me be, Joel. I miss him. I am lonely and miserable. This is not what I want for myself, to raise three kids alone and be an old hag miss'
'If only you go out on dates, you wouldn't be that lonely anymore', he insisted.
'No one can ever satisfy me like Jake', she said shamelessly then turned to her father,
'I will forgive you all you did to me if you find him for me'
'Do you want him for you or or daughter?', Philip asked
'Both, I want him for me and my kids'
'You love him, don't you?'
'I do. I love him Philip. Can you look for him and bring him home?'
'Maureen...'
'Please Philip, look at me, do I look happy to you?'
'Okay, crystal. Will look for Jake and have him back home. I promise'
'Thank you'
'Now, I need to have time with your brother. Can you go inside?'
'You promise not to kidnap him?'
'I do'
She hugged Joel and slowly alighted the car then went into the house. Once left alone, Philip turned to his son.
'Joel, I can see you are doing great'
'What do you want?'
'She is your sister. I left her in your care knowing you will do your best to keep her safe'
'You should have tried to stay around and see how easy it is raising kids'
'Why didn't you insist for Jake to quietly bring her bride price when you found out the marriage wasn't legitimate?'
'You have no right to ask me that. You left us, at the mercy of your brothers. You left us, without turning back'
'This isn't about us Joel. It is about Maureen. Can you not see that she is not happy? Even a blind man could see that they were in love. Maureen deserves a home for herself, fill with love and care and a companion that she loves'
'So you are now blaming me?'
'When I find Jake and return him to Abuja, stay off their affair. Allow them to solve their issues together. You have your own family, shouldn't Maureen also have hers?'
Joel stared daggers at Philip, alighted the car and banged at the door in anger. He was inside his home in minutes.

Jake alighted from from the Osu trotro and walked the short distance home. He was tired from his shift at the Oriental Hotel. Jake took a turn, towards Nyaniba where his apartment was located. As he walked, he tried to not think of his past life. He had a new life and he was contented with it.
Once in front of his apartment, he reached out for his keys at his back pocket but then heard soft music in the house. He pushed opened the door and inhaled the sweet aroma of Banko. He smiled, Angel always knew when he was hungry. He went straight to the kitchen and found her doing the dishes. He stood by the door and watched her work while she sang. As if sensing she was being watched, Angel turned, saw him and smiled.
'Sweetheart welcome'
He walked into the kitchen and kissed her lips.
'I used my spare key to get in. Hope you don't mind that?'
'You always come here and go as you pleased Angel, of course I don't mind'
She laughed and said, 'now go and have a shower while I set dinner for us'
He kissed her and then walked to the bedroom. There, he opened his closet and found his clothes had been washed and neatly folded. He smiled and promised to take her on a date come weekend. He bathed, wore a short and white shirt then returned to the kitchen.
His house was a room and parlour self contain. He doesn't have a dinning table so they both sat on the couch, a table in front of them and they ate. As they ate, she told him about her day.
'How was your day?', she asked him
'The usual'
'Sweetheart, you don't have to work as a receptionist. I can talk to my brother to get you a place in our family company'
'I told you this Angel, I am fine. I love my work'
'Jake, while cleaning, I chanced upon your Curriculum Vitae. Gosh, you didn't tell me that you are well educated?'

6 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by teel123(f): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2017
Good one, thanks

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by honourable356(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
I read down this story again,again and again to the latest episode with smile on my face and great admiration for the writer...her exceptional use of English and her creative ability to put words together to create a mind blowing story that seem like reality, interesting..
captivating..
and strike the emotion of some readers..held me spell bound.

I read the last four episodes twice today and was forced to check on the lady whose brain could create this...I saw her and then went back to read the story again.

But,guess what??

I was looking for flaws,error...yes it is nothing personal but i was indeed looking for reasons to descend heavily on her with constructive criticism thereby putting her genetic gift of creativity to TEST... and witness first hand what that brain of her can do.

Obviously, I am not a man that criticised all those typographical errors...I was looking for something concrete that would strike an intellectual conversation with the writer and yea, i got what I was looking for. Even through the story is not a true life event,the fact that she already made it seem like a true life story means she should remain in that line instead of mixing it with unbelievable claims in the episode before the last two.

I find it outrageous in a country like Nigerian for a kid barely nine years of age no matter how highly intelligent he or she is and born to a Nigerian parents having the audacity to do what Victoria does.... nine point five out of ten times,it doesn't happen. Like having the audacity to talk back to her mum being so eager to get a stick to be uses in beating her.....only white kids would speak rudely to their parents in such manner and I am sure we are dealing with a Nigerian in this story...

Personally I couldn't help reading this story...it is interesting,simple and her choice of words is top notch..

So admirable...
interesting...
Inspiring...
Intriguing...
and Emotional...

All in one...
I can't help it but appreciate the writer..
May her inspiration never run dry..
Above all,may the Almighty continue to give you even more greater reasons to glorify him everyday.

I will ride with you till the end!!!

8 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
honourable356:
I read down this story again,again and again to the latest episode with smile on my face and great admiration for the writer...her exceptional use of English and her creative ability to put words together to create a mind blowing story that seem like reality, interesting..
captivating..
and strike the emotion of some readers..held me spell bound.

I read the last four episodes twice today and was forced to check on the lady whose brain could create this...I saw her and then went back to read the story again.

But,guess what??

I was looking for flaws,error...yes it is nothing personal but i was indeed looking for reasons to descend heavily on her with constructive criticism thereby putting her genetic gift of creativity to TEST... and witness first hand what that brain of her can do.

Obviously, I am not a man that criticised all those typographical errors...I was looking for something concrete that would strike an intellectual conversation with the writer and yea, i got what I was looking for. Even through the story is not a true life event,the fact that she already made it seem like a true life story means she should remain in that line instead of mixing it with unbelievable claims in the episode before the last two.

I find it outrageous in a country like Nigerian for a kid barely nine years of age no matter how highly intelligent he or she is and born to a Nigerian parents having the audacity to do what Victoria does.... nine point five out of ten times,it doesn't happen. Like having the audacity to talk back to her mum being so eager to get a stick to be uses in beating her.....only white kids would speak rudely to their parents in such manner and I am sure we are dealing with a Nigerian in this story...

Personally I couldn't help reading this story...it is interesting,simple and her choice of words is top notch..

So admirable...
interesting...
Inspiring...
Intriguing...
and Emotional...

All in one...
I can't help it but appreciate the writer..
May her inspiration never run dry..
Above all,may the Almighty continue to give you even more greater reasons to glorify him everyday.

I will ride with you till the end!!!

Thank you sir, for taking your time to read this piece. I'm glad you love my story but back to Victoria, it isn't impossible to find kids like that in Nigeria. The girl watched her father went on his knee, begging her mother. She watched her mother sent him away and was forcefully seperated from him by her uncle. Not just anyman, not just any father, but she happened to bond with him more than even her mother. A child doesn't forget this kind of emotional pain. She had lived with that pain for two years without daring to voice it out. She had began stealing and misbehaving just to get her mother's attention. My dear, children of these days are smart. Listen to a four year old talk like an adult and you will know what I am talking about.
This isn't a new thing. Don't forget, Victoria isn't like other kids. Her life had been filled with lost, and emotional upheavals. First, her father's absence and then second, her brother's death. At four years of age, she couldn'tunderstand it, but at six, she understood that she had been deprived of a normal family and is hurt. Go close to eight years old and you will be shocked at what you will discover

6 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by aprilwise(m): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
joel is taking things personal, he doesn't want the happiness of mauren

3 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mercydaniel: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Thank you sir, for taking your time to read this piece. I'm glad you love my story but back to Victoria, it isn't impossible to find kids like that in Nigeria. The girl watched her father went on his knee, begging her mother. She watched her mother sent him away and was forcefully seperated from him by her uncle. Not just anyman, not just any father, but she happened to bond with him more than even her mother. A child doesn't forget this kind of emotional pain. She had lived with that pain for two years without daring to voice it out. She had began stealing and misbehaving just to get her mother's attention. My dear, children of these days are smart. Listen to a four year old talk like an adult and you will know what I am talking about.
This isn't a new thing. Don't forget, Victoria isn't like other kids. Her life had been filled with lost, and emotional upheavals. First, her father's absence and then second, her brother's death. At four years of age, she couldn'tunderstand it, but at six, she understood that she had been deprived of a normal family and is hurt. Go close to eight years old and you will be shocked at what you will discover
yea u ar so right ,I love u ,I love u,please update tomorrow please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.