Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

A Fool In Love... Help. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Fool In Love... Help. (2706 Views)

She Is Killing Me With Too Much Love. Help!!! / When you choose to be a fool for love. / (pics)top10 Most Handsome Nairalanders That Should Get You Gawking Like A Fool. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
I don't know if I'm stupid or just young. My heart hurts imagining anyone in my family would ever read this. The slap I would receive, instead of facing my books I am here crying over a boy. Sigh, anyways. My boyfriend & I are the same age, 20. We were both born and live in America. I'm Nigerian & his background is bajan, French, and Congolese. My mom warned me to stay away from these Congolese men but I did not listen. Now I dey suffer, ugh. He yells at me, he takes photos with other girls, I suspect he is cheating with one fat girl. I don't understand? He gets angry when men compliment me, he doesn't want me going anywhere, and he constantly goes through my phone. I am the prettiest girl he has ever dated, his family says so, his friends say so. Not only that he is my first boyfriend, I go to university and get As, I cook, I clean, I do everything but yet he is cheating, lying, and constantly yelling at me. For what? I broke up with him the other day but all I can do is cry. Even though I am mistreated so much I want him back. So this is why I need help. How do you get over someone? How long will it take? Because from what I feel right now, I feel like I will never recover.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by SUPERPACK: 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
You need a resounding thunderbolt slap from angel michael to reset your sense to default.

3 Likes

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by dopeJemi: 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
You need me in your life
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Amoto94(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
What you need right now is preoccupying yourself with beneficial books to keep you on the right track, discuss this issue with your mum/sis. And stay away from him

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by obiorathesubtle: 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
do whatever you want with your overly emotional mix-breed boyfriend..

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by nonsoyoungprof: 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
firstly u need Jesus , secondly u need to read ur book thirdly DAT one concern u and ur local govt chairman....mtcheww
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Bluezy13(m): 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
SUPERPACK:
You need a resounding thunderbolt slap from angel michael to reset your sense to default.
Correct Factory setting
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by AccidentalGenius: 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
nonsoyoungprof:
firstly u need Jesus , secondly u need to read ur book thirdly DAT one concern u and ur local govt chairman....mtcheww

What does Jesus have to do with this? Smh
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by firstking01(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Give it time and you 'll be over him

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Amoto94:
What you need right now is preoccupying yourself with beneficial books to keep you on the right track, discuss this issue with your mum/sis. And stay away from him
I get what you're saying. I guess I'm scared to bring up the topic to my mom especially knowing she will say I told you so. Although thank god for one thing all this doesn't interfere with my school. I have learned to cry & study at the same time. I'm very famous at my school library lol.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Cholls(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
my sister nawao........so you expect naija brothers to encourage you.......they hate competitors.....you're on your own o.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
do whatever you want with your overly emotional mix-breed boyfriend..
grin Then why.....
Why,did you bother comin' in here Igbo

Kbeaut!
Sugar he don't love you,you gotta go ....mentally. Stop thinkin' bout em.
He wasn't no good.
My suggestion if you can stand it try dating
With the new dudes you meet you what be thinkin' bout whatever his name is.

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Pheals(f): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
SUPERPACK:

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by AccidentalGenius: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kbeaut:
I get what you're saying. I guess I'm scared to bring up the topic to my mom especially knowing she will say I told you so. Although thank god for one thing all this doesn't interfere with my school. I have learned to cry & study at the same time. I'm very famous at my school library lol.

I just hope u don't turn out to be like those girls who can't stay single for a year. Face your books and yes, what you're going through will hurt u really bad until you realise there a better things to worry about in life
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by obiorathesubtle: 10:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
grin Then why.....
valerie?? Lol..

Because I could.. Freedom of speech and all the reasons to give a bear hug to democracy..
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Royle2014(m): 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
What you feel is not new at all. I'm glad u finally had the courage to end this bondage in the guise of relationship that you were in.
How long you should hurt varies with how emotionally invested you were in this relationship nd for ur case, ur investment was pretty high (if u get dividends, u would be on Forbes magazine)... The first few weeks after a brkup are usually the toughest and u run d risk of relapsing but please dont. He may beg u, nd promise change but trust me, it takes alot of hardwook and dedication to change nd if you make up with him, u would notice same trends. What to do?
1 cry all u want to! Bury ur face in ur pillow and weep bitterly... Cry till u have no more emotions to draw tears from... The more u bottle up feelings inside u nd try to ignore what u feel for him, the longer your hrt would ache
2. Accept that both of u can not be together. He is not your soulmate. U guys were not meant to be... If it was, u would have worked out somehow... Dont hope to run into him in d future nd mayb start over again... Hope brings expectations... Expectations would hinder ur healing process.
3. Forgive him and forgive yourself.... Yes u feel stupid for falling in luv, and u are probably swearing never to love again. Forgive yourself, it is a blessing to experience love, it is a blessing to b able to sacrifice everything for the happiness of another person...not everyone in their lifetime would be capable of showing such love, so b happy u are capable of loving. U would love again... U would with time
4. Stay single for a while, dont jump into a rebound... U would end up hurting yourself.... Nd plz dont end up hating your ex, it would hinder ur moving on.... The opposite of love is not hate... It is INDIFFERENCE...

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Femich18(m): 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
nonsoyoungprof:
Hahahahahaha ...u wicked o...ur bad mouth no b here o
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
I don't get how some of you people claim to be Christians but yet have not one Christian bone in your body. This might not be your problem but for me I hold it inside everyday so it felt good to vent, but yet I am met with such negativity. Is it because none of you have never made mistakes? I didn't realize in the bible it was written to step on your fellow brothers and sisters at their weakest points. Or to add into negativity because you find someone's pain funny or you're bored. Let me go read my bible again. I guess I missed some parts. But I do remember where it said that you shouldn't judge others, for one day you will be judged on that same scale you judged another... K.

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Amoto94(m): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kbeaut:
it is better you inform her of your condition and learn from her words of advice and experience in this affair. You must conquer your fear if you want to succeed

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
A fool indeed
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
valerie?? Lol..

Because I could.. Freedom of speech and all the reasons to give a bear hug to democracy..
I see....In other words yer a menace on the pages of Nl cause ya can be .... grin
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
A fool indeed...

A fool's story...

Only fool's would bliv u...

America ko, Guantanamo Bay ni
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

I just hope u don't turn out to be like those girls who can't stay single for a year. Face your books and yes, what you're going through will hurt u really bad until you realise there a better things to worry about in life
I started university at 17. I'm graduating soon & going to medical & law school as a double major. So I won't have the time to get a new boyfriend at all. & I actually don't want a boyfriend. If it wasn't for him I would never date. I don't find interest in any other guys at all.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
Royle2014:
What you feel is not new at all. I'm glad u finally had the courage to end this bondage in the guise of relationship that you were in.
How long you should hurt varies with how emotionally invested you were in this relationship nd for ur case, ur investment was pretty high (if u get dividends, u would be on Forbes magazine)... The first few weeks after a brkup are usually the toughest and u run d risk of relapsing but please dont. He may beg u, nd promise change but trust me, it takes alot of hardwook and dedication to change nd if you make up with him, u would notice same trends. What to do?
1 cry all u want to! Bury ur face in ur pillow and weep bitterly... Cry till u have no more emotions to draw tears from... The more u bottle up feelings inside u nd try to ignore what u feel for him, the longer your hrt would ache
2. Accept that both of u can not be together. He is not your soulmate. U guys were not meant to be... If it was, u would have worked out somehow... Dont hope to run into him in d future nd mayb start over again... Hope brings expectations... Expectations would hinder ur healing process.
3. Forgive him and forgive yourself.... Yes u feel stupid for falling in luv, and u are probably swearing never to love again. Forgive yourself, it is a blessing to experience love, it is a blessing to b able to sacrifice everything for the happiness of another person...not everyone in their lifetime would be capable of showing such love, so b happy u are capable of loving. U would love again... U would with time
4. Stay single for a while, dont jump into a rebound... U would end up hurting yourself.... Nd plz dont end up hating your ex, it would hinder ur moving on.... The opposite of love is not hate... It is INDIFFERENCE...
this was really beautiful & touched on almost everything I've been battling with these couple of days. Thank you.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
grin Then why.....

Kbeaut!
Sugar he don't love you,you gotta go ....mentally. Stop thinkin' bout em.
He wasn't no good.
My suggestion if you can stand it try dating
With the new dudes you meet you what be thinkin' bout whatever his name is.
thank you, I will try. I think physically it's easy to let people go, but mentally is the hardest!
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by AccidentalGenius: 10:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kbeaut:
I started university at 17. I'm graduating soon & going to medical & law school as a double major. So I won't have the time to get a new boyfriend at all. & I actually don't want a boyfriend. If it wasn't for him I would never date. I don't find interest in any other guys at all.

double majors wow. I see why you're well known in your library(ignoring the occasional tears). You still have your life ahead of you. Plan plan plan. Set goals. This is what I meant in my previous post but maybe I was unnecessarily blunt. Again. Plan. Get goals. Discover yourself. Stop mourning over a silly guy that's probably in bed with a girl right now. Don't waste your tears. Peace.

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by AccidentalGenius: 10:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kbeaut:
thank you, I will try. I think physically it's easy to let people go, but mentally is the hardest!

You don't have to date another guy to forget this guy. Don't be weak. Learn to be independent.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by obiorathesubtle: 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I see....In other words yer a menace on the pages of Nl cause ya can be .... grin
cheesy Lass, you're one brilliant cheezypuff!
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy Lass, you're one brilliant cheezypuff!
grin I know
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Kbeaut(f): 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

You don't have to date another guy to forget this guy. Don't be weak. Learn to be independent.
I'm not dating another guy. I already said I have no interest in other guys. I never have. I don't want a new boyfriend. After your heart is broken, idk why other people would want to try it again? I'll wait till I graduate. Or until I'm 30.
Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Royle2014(m): 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kbeaut:
I don't get how some of you people claim to be Christians but yet have not one Christian bone in your body. This might not be your problem but for me I hold it inside everyday so it felt good to vent, but yet I am met with such negativity. Is it because none of you have never made mistakes? I didn't realize in the bible it was written to step on your fellow brothers and sisters at their weakest points. Or to add into negativity because you find someone's pain funny or you're bored. Let me go read my bible again. I guess I missed some parts. But I do remember where it said that you shouldn't judge others, for one day you will be judged on that same scale you judged another... K.
Alot of people are frustrated...nd they would find any possible means to vent. Alot of people here think being mean equates being funny nd cool but in retrospect...it tells how poorly educated and underdeveloped they are. Pay no mind whatsoever... Gather the relevant info u need from here and blatantly ignore the rest.
Nd I pray u move on quickly

1 Like

Re: A Fool In Love... Help. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
get a make over... a new you, go out more, mix with different and new people if you have to, don't jump into a new relationship... just do you, indulge, spoil yourself silly like you are a little princess.. when next you ever get to see him, you'd slap yourself for crying over him... he'd look and feel so not worth you...hope this helps
BTW, he yells at you and take pictures with other girls and all... girl, you should done dump his disrespectful and cheating a. as... don't settle for less, trust me you'd get to meet a real man whose worth you...he'd never treat you shabby... boyfriend is just a boy and you gotta let him go so you can focus on what's important right now...your studies

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Should A Girl Start Getting Desperate For Marriage. / Who Says Dark Women Ain't Beautiful / Guys Judge These Girls In One Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.