Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

When you choose to be a fool for love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When you choose to be a fool for love. (47655 Views)

When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / The Guy That Loves You Or The One You Love: Who Would You Choose? (pic) / (pics)top10 Most Handsome Nairalanders That Should Get You Gawking Like A Fool. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
A "fool for love" is a phrase used to describe a seemingly willing party who is ready to go all the way to please the other party to the very best of his or her ability.

We all know that love is a figment of imagination and no matter how you profess love to another person,that same person can turn around and rub it on your face and this is why many people are extremely careful in the way they express their affection towards whoever they claim to love just to avoid being called a fool for love.

But the bigger problem lies in trying to be too careful as many people have lost potentially wonderful affairs just because they preempt the motive of the other person who might just be very sincere with them thereby losing that person to another who is ready to be a fool for that same man or woman regardless of the expectations.

I have come to realize that the best way you can have peace in any affair is to risk it all...in other words, become a fool for that man or woman you truly desire..

If you feel like helping your bae through school,business or just buying him or her an expensive gift as well as going an extra mile please go ahead without second guessing or thinking negatively that the person could leave you someday for another.

How many of us have felt like getting an expensive gift for our bae or going the extra mile but have stopped to think "Is he/she really worth it?,what if he/she leaves me eventually?,what if he/she is cheating on me?" and we just change our mind.

If we must have a great affair and a peaceful one at that,we must learn to follow our heart and act towards our bae as if such person will never leave but at the same time, expect them to leave even if you give same the whole world.

The truth is that you don't go into any investment with mediocrity and expect a favourable outcome.

Every love affair is like a profit or loss business investment with an element of risk but deserves our "best" input to succeed and whether it works out or not is a different ball game.

Just follow your heart.

86 Likes 19 Shares

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by kingsilly(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wrong!! Wrong!!! and all shades of wrong!!!...... Your definition of love itself is grossly flawed which thus invalidates your advice. For if a parent loved their children even they wouldn't allow them do all in utmost surrender.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by misspicy(f): 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Wrong!! Wrong!!! and all shades of wrong!!!...... Your definition of love itself is grossly flawed which thus invalidates your advice. For if a parent loved their children even they wouldn't allow them do all in utmost surrender.

Kilagbe kileju?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Smellymouth: 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
There's no love without risk, and, worse, there's no love without loss.

In romance,in friendship, in parenting—in every kind of love that matters—it's just one risk after another.

We have to love and know that loss hovers nearby.There are some of us: lucky and scared, hating to be disappointed, sorry to be disappointing, but unwilling to do without. For all the ants at the picnic and the jellyfish in the ocean, for all the love we have that goes astray or is never returned or is shared until old age, only to have our hearts broken by a parting no less painful, we clamor for that chance and we wouldn't have it any other way.

If you love, there is no other way.
cool

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Aviero: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Negative mindsets shouldn't deter us from showing good affection to the people in our lives. Abi?

I've learnt the hard way. These days, it's all about reciprocality. If I show bae adequate affection, and she doesn't reciprocate well, I begin to have second thoughts. I slow down on whatever it is I am doing.

You can't tell me to keep doing good to bae, when I know that bae is taking the good for granted and giving the goods to someone else.

I can't risk it all for any bae that's not going to risk it all for me.

So, OP, being careful matters alot.

I can't just be doing mumu all the time, and in the end, get heartbroken. I need to be careful this time around.

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Toks2008:

Kilagbe kileju?
I don't understand these.

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
I didn't read, too lengthy...

Meanwhile help me with my signature...
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by obiorathesubtle: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
undecided how can you say the devil is an asshole.. But still tell us to suck his dick?

Mentally unstable being detected..

3 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
I didn't read, too lengthy...

Meanwhile help me with my signature...

6 paragraphs...too lengthy? shocked

GOD have mercy

8 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided how can you say the devil is an asshole.. But still tell us to suck his dick?

Mentally unstable being detected..

Like seriously?

Did i just read this? It is well.

3 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Toks2008:

6 paragraphs...too lengthy? shocked
GOD have mercy
Toks , I promise to read it 10 timez, just endorse my friend as miss Nland...
smiley
Ask and it shall be given unto you...

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by MUVAH(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Who shat this OP into this earth? undecided

**modified**

After reading the entire article, I think the OP made some really valid points. cool

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by ronald4lif(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mr. Toks, been watching too many movies lately? This only happens in the soaps, where they paint a picture of love being blind. In the real world, love isn't only stark-nakéd but pellucid and should be played with the brains not heart.

7 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Tell him. Rubbish.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by bqlekan(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
The last sentence made me fall off my mat grin. Like seriously? You mean we should be unreasonable when in love? Okay.... Kontinuuu

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Cutehector(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2016
Tryn too hard to make front page..... Tryn too hard to make common sense.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2016
Hmmmm...
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by refiner(f): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2016
...hmmmmm...*in mimzy's voice!grin

I'm not good in relationships....but I think we call that kinda person a mugu.....
undecided

meanwhile,toks2008 longest time!...were have u been and what about ur wife jadekitana...missing her....!smiley

3 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 09, 2016
refiner:
...hmmmmm...*in m.imzy's voice!grin

I'm not good in relationships....but I think we call that kinda person a mugu.....
undecided

meanwhile,toks2008 longest time!...were have u been and what about ur wife jadekitana...missing her....!smiley

Ha lolz... I "hmmmm" a lot and I don't even know why cheesy

Jadekitana come out of your hiding ooooo..

Good morning Refiner, hope u slept well.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2016
refiner:
...hmmmmm...*in mimzy's voice!grin

undecided

I'm good my lady..thanks.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Cutehector:
Tryn too hard to make front page..... Tryn too hard to make common sense.

Just calm down to understand the message and you will see great sense in it.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
mimet:

Ha lolz... I "hmmmm" a lot and I don't even know why cheesy
Jadekitana come out of your hiding ooooo..
Good morning Refiner, hope u slept well.

lol abeg make una leave my jade alone o.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lalasticlala and mynd44 what do you guys think?
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by DRISKLEF(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
LOL!
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by SurefireFashion: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala and mynd44 what do you guys think?
I think FP
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Anabel(f): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I don't understand these.

Kilagbe Kileju... meaning wetin we carry, wetin you throw. In simple terms; its a surprise comment people use when you are coming too strong on them. grin

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Odunharry(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lmao
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Noblebrown7(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Booked!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Is Frustrating My Life, Just After I Officially Proposed To Her / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Corpers Who Graduated From FUTO / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.