Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (37837 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Emyemyberry(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
magicalBae:

You should know where he belongs.
dnt mind him,he must be secretly regreting y he voted mumuhäri,bt shame no let am post beta thing

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
freeze001:
Jokers! Completely clueless sadists! Lowlife, debased pond scum! Dead n soulless reptiles! That is what Sai buhari chanters voted into power.

Soon they will propose taxes for menstrual flow!

Easy! Wayo wayo! Je je! Kanda kanda! Ur body de hot! Ur body de shake!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by snadguy007(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hmmm...this one pass one chance o

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by luvmijeje(f): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
DisGuy:

That's what the legislators are there for. The executive presents a bill, the legislators(your representative) put forward argument for or against it and depending on your response they pass/edit or reject it- Shikena

That's not true. The executive still have the responsibility in communicating policies rules and laws to her citizens.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by macaranta(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
I am Happy...I didnt partake in bringing this fraudulent government into power.2019 loading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tax everything and leave the masses poorer than you met them. Conscienceless government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Stanbeto: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
I Love the Change
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by JurassicPark: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
After taxing our individual incomes, we'll now have to pay taxes on the utility bills we enjoy even as important as communication.

Stifling the resources of the average man on the street is the best possible idea this aged, deranged and super clueless government can propose in the wake of scarcity of fuel and a drowning economy.

Where it is now normal for NNPC to sell petroleum products above the official fixed price.

"If dem born una well, just pass that callous bill"

Bunch of crazy scandalous meat heads driven by insensitivity and personal aggrandisement.

The wailers will remain greater than the zombies cos they still have minds of their own not being tossed about by that nomadic president they voted into a place of dignified authority.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by SycophanticGoat: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
I thought APC/Buhari has earned N3 trn from TSA?
I thought they have blocked all loopholes?
I thought they no longer pay subsidy?
I thought Buhari was the best thing that happened after guguru ati ekpa?
I thought Buhari and APC has recovered billions of dollars from past looters?

If all the answer to these questions are yes then:

Why did this government increase electricity bill by 50% without even scraping the fixed and other charges?
Why are banks made to tax us all our money just for banking with them?
Why are they planning to introduce toll charges?
Why are they now going to tax us all these utility charges?
Why are commodity prices already double and in some cases triple?

Why all these charges amidst:

Worst of epileptic power supply ever
Poor roads and other infrastructures which has already claimed over 100,000 lives since Buhari came into power
High dollar to naira rate
Insecurity of the highest order
Economic recession
We provide our own security, while they use security forces (NA, NPF, Navy, etc) to harass us.
We buy our own water
We provide our own power
We build our own roads
We benefit nothing meaningful from the government apart from the pictures released on daily basis about the meaningless activities of the dullard called president.

Normally governments in countries experiencing economic recession usually reduce taxing on populace in order to lift off some of their burdens but in this case, the government wants to wipe out all the poor and the middle class while bringing down the rich to poor.

What a government..

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DauraDullard0(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
omenka:
Is that Joke Silva or Adeosun?? shockedshocked
It's Joke Adeosun. Seems our delectable minister of finance is looking older than she's supposed to. It goes with the job anyways. I guess, it just can't be easy taking instructions from a recalcitrant dullard.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by magicalBae(f): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
ritababe:

you nor well e be like say bomb they your head, tax wey them they collect since you don see any change?
nonsense nonsensical

U dey mind am? Na liberal em dey dey enjoy, tell em to come back home.

Nonsense!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
macaranta:
I am Happy...I didnt partake in bringing this fraudulent government into power.2019 loading

Me too I sensed this rubbish and didnt vote anyone.. much as I didnt like GEJ's givernment I dont things would have been this horrible. Nothing has changed just the same old bullshit

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by magicalBae(f): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
If that will improve the economy, they should go ahead

U definitely voted em 100%...

E still dey scratch una no worry if e begin to bite una u go say d truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by just2endowed: 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
freeze001:
Jokers! Completely clueless sadists! Lowlife, debased pond scum! Dead n soulless reptiles! That is what Sai buhari chanters voted into power.

Soon they will propose taxes for menstrual flow!

LOL easy miss. Be easy on buhari na
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by obiaguna(m): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:
It is funny that we pay all the taxes outside the country and protest against them in our country.

Taxes make the citizens more interested in politics and governance. It makes them to hold their governments more accountable, because it is their sweat. People were less concerned in the past because the fund being looted was not from their pockets directly.

Taxation is the path to better governance. I strongly believe.

However, establishing this new set of taxes without the people seeing what you have done with newly introduced ones is insensitive and criminal.

Show us what you have done with Stamp Duty and we can trust you with more. FIRS and Pryesidency listen to the voice of the people.

In a sane environment, all what you have said is very apt but in Nigeria, the government can't give a good account of what they have been able to do with the taxes they have been collecting. Nigerians abroad can see the benefits of the tax they pay but here in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. So don't blame anybody that is against the government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by nduchucks: 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
I personally do not see much wrong with this tax proposal.

The services we need from the government have above average costs per GDP than most other countries with similar population. We can no longer rely on oil revenues which breed laziness and monumental theft by the usual suspects.

We need to be willing to pay the price for the services and infrastructure we desperately need. A fraction of what you people pay for megabytes used to get on the internet, for primarily useless activities and trolling is a small price to pay.

Abi how do you people expect the government to replenish funds used to support programs such as the N500million grant for 1000 young professionals? Awoof don retire o; its a new day.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
obiaguna:

In a sane environment, all what you have said is very apt but in Nigeria, the government can't give a good account of what they have been able to do with the taxes they have been collecting. Nigerians abroad can see the benefits of the tax they pay but here in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. So don't blame anybody that is against the government.

i did not blame the people, that is why i asked the govt to be more accountable first, before introducing more.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Sanchase: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
They might as well start taxing the air we breathe, STUPID !!!

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Greenback: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash irrelevant post

we don't care about the picture we're talking about the useless kunu drinker from Daura called mumuhamado mumuharii and his useless government taxes you're talking nonsense.
i guess you are even ashamed of this useless man by now.
sore looser grin

opiaoku the great!

@omenka,u are so fo..... And st...... Thats how they will ignore and pretend not to notice u wen u need them

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DisGuy: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
luvmijeje:

That's not true. The executive still have the responsibility in communicating policies rules and laws to her citizens.

hmm I see your point but it's not policy yet, the legislators on your behalf can invite them for proper discussions. I doubt with current income, the legislators will be against this policy; perhaps this is standard practise everywhere

I hope the government also tax all those unregulated soft drinks and alcoholic drinks - Ministry of health needs better funding
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by refreshrate: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Would it be out of place to start swearing for all those who voted this dullard into power?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Innomach(m): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Oh, God! not again. Just wondering what Buhari and his cohorts would have said or done if Jonathan was the one skinning and milking the poor masses as they are doing since they came into power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by gurunlocker: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
passingshot what's your take on this?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
I absolutely regret voting this criminal apc instead of kowa! Bunch of blood thirsty vampires! Days of reckoning fast approaching! Phoooools!!!

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by stevLegend: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
We shouldn't be surprised because as we were taught back then in Primary school, they said: '' Power Intoxicates'' with all this, he knows that come 2019, there won't be Buwari in Aso Rock.
(Buwari means Illiterate in Swahili)

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Greenback: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:
It is funny that we pay all the taxes outside the country and protest against them in our country.

Taxes make the citizens more interested in politics and governance. It makes them to hold their governments more accountable, because it is their sweat. People were less concerned in the past because the fund being looted was not from their pockets directly.

Taxation is the path to better governance. I strongly believe.

However, establishing this new set of taxes without the people seeing what you have done with newly introduced ones is insensitive and criminal.

Show us what you have done with Stamp Duty and we can trust you with more. FIRS and Presidency listen to the voice of the people.

quit da 4kn show,stop pretending,its obvious that you are pained, like everyone else over the insensitivity and wickedness of this govt but are so ashamed to admit it. Just take a look @ ur 1st lines! Are u guys so insane,are u guys under some payroll? Tax makes ppl more attractive to govt's operations bla bla bla and u guys've bn living in darkness for decades! Oh nothing can be done about that cos,according to u, tax doesnt fund such projects! My God! How right was fela SUFFERING n SMILING chant. Fela must have forgotten to add stuppidity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
If the government have been able to save three trillion Niara alone from TSA, why taxing Nigerians for every thing Is either buhari lied about 3trillion in TSA account( because that amount is half of this year budget) or he is not aware (as per being dull)

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by hunkydory(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
saintgwizard:
Another tax?

We understand that the government is gasping for breath, but must it take away the breath of the masses to survive? Can't they look for ways to deal with the root causes instead of always attacking the symptoms.

This government self
This government keep advising the youth to go into agriculture since government can not create jobs for them. So why can't the government embrace agriculture as an alternative source of revenue since their own "employment"(oil revenue) is no longer enough for them.
Must they dip hand into our pockets to create revenue for government?
This shows that the government is not even creative and they are telling the youth to be creative.
Why can't they create external sources of revenue.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by luvmijeje(f): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
DisGuy:

hmm I see your point but it's not policy yet, the legislators on your behalf can invite them for proper discussions. I doubt with current income, the legislators will be against this policy; perhaps this is standard practise everywhere

I hope the government also tax all those unregulated soft drinks and alcoholic drinks - Ministry of health needs better funding

I agreed. The government should focused on taxing those that are not being taxed.

Nigerians are already paying highly for recharging their lines and buying of data.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Einl(m): 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
Basic economics is that when an economy is down or depressed or in a recession, taxes are reduced to encourage businesses to employ and for consumers to purchase. It's seems the complete opposite here. Extra taxes on calls and texts, multiples charges on withdraws from the bank, charges on deposits into your account, increase in electricity tariffs, banning of Forex but still importing grass from Brazil...chanji...goats...

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Simply means you would get slightly less whenever you load credit. N1500 would be n1365 and so on. The govt is looking for the most painless ways to tax us.

The figures in question do not warrant the wailing cacophony

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by obiaguna(m): 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:

i did not blame the people, that is why i asked the govt to be more accountable first, before introducing more.

Exactly. We are on the same page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Had ‘secret Meeting’ With APC Electoral Panel Before Primary / Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign / Buhari Terminates Oil Swap Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.