Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,840 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (37851 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by kenchylala: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2016
superstar1:

How is payment of VAT or Payee or land use charges double taxation? They all served different purposes. Our VAT is one of the lowest in the world. Payee is being paid all over world.land use charge is being paid all over the world under different nomenclatures.

I will rather pay more tax, which will reduce my disposable income if i am assured of good roads, electricity, good hospitals, potable water, security and better education.

The cost of providing all that on my own out weighs the tax i should have paid in multiple folds.

When you have a system that works paying for service is easy, this government said it recovered looted funds, stopped payment of Ghost workers, saved funds from single treasury account, MY TAKE IS WERE THIS MONEY ENTER? HOW DO YOU TRUST SOMEONE WHO IS UNACCOUNTABLE WITH MORE FUNDS Electricity bills has gone up, fuel up, food up, vehicle parts, and you come n add this to it. I need to buy fuel to watch the dstv I paid now u wan tax am as well. God pls help ur children
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Sgwash: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2016
The bible is even against APC Just read this, I was shocked when I saw this. Proverb 24 vs21. MY SON FEAR THE LORD AND THE KING AND DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THEM THAT SAY "CHANGE", FOR THEIR CALAMITY COMES QUICK......

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2016
sweetgala:

The government have a duty to regulate, like a gentleman said onon channels over the weekend a competition law does not exist in Nigeria and that in itself would ensure we have fair prices.
Until such laws are implemented, they should forget about increment
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

Read my post again, I said MULTIPLE TAXES, VAT and co inclusive. And yes I know that they're being paid across the globe. But tell me, do countries tax their citizens for every bank transaction & now for both voice, SMS & bearer (data) services?

When you factor in the amount of VAT being paid in most of the other countries, the answer is an indirect YES.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Sgwash: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2016
The wailers will remain greater than the zombies cos they still have minds of their own not being tossed about by that nomadic president they voted into a place of dignified authority.[/quote]
sound it to them... senseless b!tches
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Sgwash: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
I thought APC/Buhari has earned N3 trn from TSA?
I thought they have blocked all loopholes?
I thought they no longer pay subsidy?
I thought Buhari was the best thing that happened after guguru ati ekpa?
I thought Buhari and APC has recovered billions of dollars from past looters?

If all the answer to these questions are yes then:

Why did this government increase electricity bill by 50% without even scraping the fixed and other charges?
Why are banks made to tax us all our money just for banking with them?
Why are they planning to introduce toll charges?
Why are they now going to tax us all these utility charges?
Why are commodity prices already double and in some cases triple?

Why all these charges amidst:

Worst of epileptic power supply ever
Poor roads and other infrastructures which has already claimed over 100,000 lives since Buhari came into power
High dollar to naira rate
Insecurity of the highest order
Economic recession
We provide our own security, while they use security forces (NA, NPF, Navy, etc) to harass us.
We buy our own water
We provide our own power
We build our own roads
We benefit nothing meaningful from the government apart from the pictures released on daily basis about the meaningless activities of the dullard called president.

Normally governments in countries experiencing economic recession usually reduce taxing on populace in order to lift off some of their burdens but in this case, the government wants to wipe out all the poor and the middle class while bringing down the rich to poor.

What a government..

Nigeria is a failed state, and this is because we failed to sit a competent head at the hem of affairs. My fears are that he just assumed office, and we still have a whole lot of years to b unravelled by this governments folley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by 49cents(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2016
superstar1:

I disagree.

The only people paying tax are the people with gainful employment. and corporate bodies. Even the corporate bodies under report their performances.

At best, others pay levies.

You will be shocked how much people in the middle class are paying as levies.

I have interviewed okada riders and tricycle operators in many areas around lagos: they pay as much as N1500 per day!! Mulitply that by 26 working days that's roughly N40,000 monthly in levies which goes to the government at the end.....yet what exactly is the money used for?

The government still want to run the flamboyance of spending on the sweat of the impoverished citizenry.....thatswhat people are actually kicking against

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Tinyemeka(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2016
sweetgala:

All levies are government imposed by the regulator, I don't know of any banks here who can charge for a service without prior consent of the national regulator and EU.

When AIB charged every account in Ireland 1 euro it was made to refund every single penny because it did not have a right to do so. The regulators here weild big sticks and use them very often, I work in telecoms and can tell you of weekly fines I know of from the regulator. It's usually 5000 euro for minor infractions per incident.

Ever wonder why some business interests in UK want out of EU !

Good. So those are charges for services rendered.

The N50 I talked about was introduced February this year by the FG through the CBN. Charged to the recipient of any deposit above N1,000 (you might as well call it all deposit transactions because the volume of deposit transactions less than N1,000 is negligible). These charges go to CBN and are not retained by the banks.

There are other charges for services rendered here which you may not be aware of (Acct Maint Chrgs, VAT on AMC, ATM card issuance fee, annual chrg on card, N65 per transaction when you use your card on another bank ATM more than thrice a month, cash handling charges (which goes to CBN), to mention a few.

So it sounds extremely absurd (my personal opinion) when they'll introduce charges just for being the recipient of an inflow which is your due. Even sounds illegal to me. But it's the government. What can we do? undecided

P.S. This alter ego of yours is way more preferable to the other "f**ktardic" one. At least you didn't insult me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Tinyemeka(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sgwash:
The bible is even against APC
Just read this, I was shocked when I saw
this.
Proverb 24 vs21.
MY SON FEAR THE LORD AND THE KING
AND DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THEM THAT SAY
"CHANGE", FOR THEIR CALAMITY COMES
QUICK......

Which Bible version?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sevule(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
The problem is not actually the tax per say but the fact that Nigerians are tired of theiving politicians and civil servants who steal money that is meant for the development of the country. Hence the resistance to more taxes.

It makes no sense to tax phone calls and then share the proceeds with our corrupt senate or state governors. People need to know that their tax money is being used judiciously to develop infrastructure hence I sense that there is a disconnect between the government and its citizens
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Pidggin(f): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
PassingShot:

I'm indifferent. Where I currently reside, I pay for every gaddem thing.

I see there is issue of trust already. But if I were to advise the govt, I will say now is not the best time to introduce this type of tax. It should be when the govt has earned people's trust through developmental projects.

No wonder, so you don't live here? No wonder.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Pidggin(f): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
superstar1:

I disagree.

The only people paying tax are the people with gainful employment. and corporate bodies. Even the corporate bodies under report their performances.

At best, others pay levies.

Who told you this? You don't live here so why make such assumptions. Even small businesses pay tax and levies here to Federal, state and even local government, stop this insult, you don't live here stop taking us for granted.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Pidggin(f): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
sweetgala:

Freebies that come with my telephone line, lol you must think european telco companies are making a lot, I'd argue if these companies had a chance they'd rather hustle for the Nigerian market which is a pot of gold. I work in telecomes trust me the margins are too little to be giving freebies left right and centre.

My line rental, landline and broadband is 56 euro monthly and I barely touch the landline which can add to my bill if I use it too much.

I get access to a study hub, priority tickets to concerts and major sporting events and wifi connection to hotspots nationwide and that's it.

For the borehole, if you are a farmer in the middle of the countryside with no access to the council water line you would have your own borehole and sewage, that's the price of country life

Okay, so if we have it better than you, come back home then, please don't tell us your are studying or working there, our education system is far better than theirs according to you, and our working and living condition is far better so you don't have any excuse, come back home.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by LordAdam: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pidggin:

Who told you this? You don't live here so why make such assumptions. Even small businesses pay tax and levies here to Federal, state and even local government, stop this insult, you don't live here stop taking us for granted.

Don't mind those idiots. Them dey were make sense dey dictate how we go tk live our lives for hia. Iranu them.

That's how they foisted an slowpoke on us, because they know, anyhow e b, e no go affect them. That's why I don't pity the Nigerian students abroad. Make all these diaspora ppl go and die!

What I am waiting for is for the government to start taxing them wherever they are like USA. Since they can afford to send home roughly $20b per year. If government tax them the normal 25% Income Tax, we would be able to realize at least N1t every year which is something.

Make person reason PMB that idea, I go support am to hell and back.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Pidggin(f): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
LordAdam:

Don't mind those idiots. Them dey were make sense dey dictate how we go tk live our lives for hia. Iranu them.

That's how they foisted an slowpoke on us, because they know, anyhow e b, e no go affect them. That's why I don't pity the Nigerian students abroad. Make all these diaspora ppl go and die!

What I am waiting for is for the government to start taxing them wherever they are like USA. Since they can afford to send home roughly $20b per year. If government tax them the normal 25% Income Tax, we would be able to realize at least N1t every year which is something.

Make person reason PMB that idea, I go support am to hell and back.

-Lord

I support u jor, if dem increase their tax dem go understand. Dem think say e easy, dem dey yanki dey type anything wen dem wan type for dere, e dey pain me sef.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pidggin:

Okay, so if we have it better than you, come back home then, please don't tell us your are studying or working there, our education system is far better than theirs according to you, and our working and living condition is far better so you don't have any excuse, come back home.

I've lived here since I was in my early teens, I'm now closing on 30 do you think I can up and leave just like that.

I've been setting up to move back in the near future say 1-2 years.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Good. So those are charges for services rendered.

The N50 I talked about was introduced February this year by the FG through the CBN. Charged to the recipient of any deposit above N1,000 (you might as well call it all deposit transactions because the volume of deposit transactions less than N1,000 is negligible). These charges go to CBN and are not retained by the banks.

There are other charges for services rendered here which you may not be aware of (Acct Maint Chrgs, VAT on AMC, ATM card issuance fee, annual chrg on card, N65 per transaction when you use your card on another bank ATM more than thrice a month, cash handling charges (which goes to CBN), to mention a few.

So it sounds extremely absurd (my personal opinion) when they'll introduce charges just for being the recipient of an inflow which is your due. Even sounds illegal to me. But it's the government. What can we do? undecided

P.S. This alter ego of yours is way more preferable to the other "f**ktardic" one. At least you didn't insult me. smiley

We can agree on many things.

P.S I have only one NL account since I joined, for any previous insults I beg for your pardon
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Pidggin(f): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
sweetgala:

I've lived here since I was in my early teens, I'm now closing on 30 do you think I can up and leave just like that.

I've been setting up to move back in the near future say 1-2 years.

Yes come back ASAP, Nigeria is fantastic, you don't need 1 - 2 years to relocate, just resign if you are working, sell your stuffs and come down here, this shouldn't take you more than six months to do. When you get here and stay for six months, then you will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Pay for what you get in other countries and not this useless hell hole. All that we've been paying, what have we gotten apart from total blackout, fuel queue, no water supply, little or no security, high commodity prices, high dollar to naira rate, higher accident cases and deaths on our roads, dilapidated infrastructures, extra judicial killings by men in uniform, etc?
how much have you paid in tax this year,no lie o
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by SycophanticGoat: 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
mikolo80:
how much have you paid in tax this year,no lie o
Do you know that within two months of not using one of my savings account, about #2,600 was deducted from that account? Let's not even talk about the prepaid meter we bought in Lagos (over 100k for 3 meters) while they were issued free in Kaduna.

Since then, I never use eye see light oh. Na still generator and solar system I dey use on daily basis.. Even water, we buy our own water, our road is in a mess, we pay for our own security too.. What have I benefited from mumuhammado mumuharious?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
Do you know that within two months of not using one of my savings account, about #2,600

2,600 per person is what you want to pay for world class infrastructure and services ba) i just work part time in new york for 4 monts and have payed over 120k in naira so stop complaining(just to check atm balance na $3)
was deducted from that account? Let's not even talk about the prepaid meter we bought in Lagos (over 100k for 3 meters) while they were issued free in Kaduna.

these are now private companies chairman
but even before na scam and because them know say you no go talk
in america ppl fight for their right not lament

Since then, I never use eye see light oh. Na still generator and solar system I dey use on daily basis.. Even water, we buy our own water, our road is in a mess, we pay for our own security too.. What have I benefited from mumuhammado mumuharious?
them just pass budget so na till year end before i decamp.guy change is hard ,not changing is much much harder abi you wan make e collapse finish bfor our eye clear?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by SycophanticGoat: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
mikolo80:
them just pass budget so na till year end before i decamp.guy change is hard ,not changing is much much harder abi you wan make e collapse finish bfor our eye clear?

If Nigeria is so rosy as you make it seem and they're killing you over there with taxes, why not resign and come live in this fool's paradise? You stay comfortably in the US where things are working and you're telling us what is right from wrong in Nigeria. You can see how unrealistic you folks are.

What do you know about what we're facing in this useless hell hole of a country? When there was the so-called corruption, the economy was moving and people could afford one thing or the other. There was fuel, some little power to manage, not much taxation, not much of extra judicial killings by men in uniform, as compared to this useless mumuhammado's time, etc.

In one way or the other, we benefited from the past administration at least, not paying ridiculous taxes for the worst economy and worst infrastructures in the world wasn't the order of the day back then..

Like I said, if Nigeria is a bed of roses, resign from your job and come back to Nigeria to help us enjoy all we couldn't enjoy.. Thank you.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

If Nigeria is so rosy as you make it seem and they're killing you over there with taxes, why not resign and come live in this fool's paradise? You stay comfortably in the US where things are working and you're telling us what is right from wrong in Nigeria. You can see how unrealistic you folks are.

What do you know about what we're facing in this useless hell hole of a country? When there was the so-called corruption, the economy was moving and people could afford one thing or the other. There was fuel, some little power to manage, not much taxation, not much of extra judicial killings by men in uniform, as compared to this useless mumuhammado's time, etc.

In one way or the other, we benefited from the past administration at least, not paying ridiculous taxes for the worst economy and worst infrastructures in the world wasn't the order of the day back then..

Like I said, if Nigeria is a bed of roses, resign from your job and come back to Nigeria to help us enjoy all we couldn't enjoy.. Thank you.
you can't help a drowning man if you can't swim.but every single waking minute is spent on gathering trasnport money and capital to come back and turn things around(if you like keep vexinmg wetin concine me).instead of you to fix it since you domn't have choice,keep fighting shadows you hear,lemme know how that works out for you.instead of using this energy to fight the people that put you in this mess you de flex mouth for keyboard,continu you hia
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

its not rosy,but since we cannot all run out why don't you put the same energy to fixing it instead of vituperating.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by SycophanticGoat: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
mikolo80:
you can't help a drowning man if you can't swim.but every single waking minute is spent on gathering trasnport money and capital to come back and turn things around(if you like keep vexinmg wetin concine me).instead of you to fix it since you domn't have choice,keep fighting shadows you hear,lemme know how that works out for you.instead of using this energy to fight the people that put you in this mess you de flex mouth for keyboard,continu you hia

Here's my advice, leave me to my methods and face your country because apparently, you're less of a Nigerian to me than a foreigner resident here. Because I'm the among the foolish ones that put a headless airhead in power that I should now be faced with the daunting task of calling the brainless old he-goat to order ba? Guy dey your lane and leave Nigerian matter for Nigerians to discuss..
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Here's my advice, leave me to my methods and face your country because apparently, you're less of a Nigerian to me than a foreigner resident here. Because I'm the among the foolish ones that put a headless airhead in power that I should now be faced with the daunting task of calling the brainless old he-goat to order ba? Guy dey your lane and leave Nigerian matter for Nigerians to discuss..
you don de kolo abi. you mention me come de talk nonsense about lane. no be only lane na runway. you think say democracy na lazy man game ba. if you like don't monitor the person you voted. be waiting for manna a to drop from heaven you hia
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by SycophanticGoat: 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
mikolo80:
you don de kolo abi. you mention me come de talk nonsense about lane. no be only lane na runway. you think say democracy na lazy man game ba. if you like don't monitor the person you voted. be waiting for manna a to drop from heaven you hia

Why will I monitor that fool when I didn't even vote him. I wouldn't have voted that old and lanky goat even if I had a gun pointed to my head. I hate bigoted, vindictive and nepotistic fellows so on no account will I vote for such lunàtics. It is left for the zombies to monitor but if they prefer balls licking the mad man, then they should have a field day.. cheesy grin
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mikolo80: 1:30am On Mar 29, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Why will I monitor that fool when I didn't even vote him. I wouldn't have voted that old and lanky goat even if I had a gun pointed to my head. I hate bigoted, vindictive and nepotistic fellows so on no account will I vote for such lunàtics. It is left for the zombies to monitor but if they prefer balls licking the mad man, then they should have a field day.. cheesy grin
well we're happy that he removed pdp and is hounding them. and I know that there will be some kind of addition to our power grid (things that can never happen under pdp) which will force the next govt to match it just the way governors are all building malls and airports
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DisGuy: 2:31am On Mar 29, 2016
What do you know about what we're facing in this useless hell hole of a country? When there was the so-called corruption
[you honestly don't believe there was massive corruption? ],

the economy was moving and people could afford one thing or the other
[could that be because oil price was almost double our budget benchmark? ]

There was fue
l[ at what cost.everyone had a licence to bring in oil as long as there are connected, companies were taking with the subsidy arrangements ] ,

some little power to manage
[ not sure it was all that different from current situation, erratic], not much taxation, not much of extra judicial killings by men in uniform [not much??]

Pretty difficult to know if one is having an open conversation about issues(esp on the economy ) on here without some ethnopolitical undertone - you have to constantly be assessing if the person is against or for a policy due to the tribe/religion or party of the man in charge
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 7:13am On Mar 29, 2016
Pidggin:

Yes come back ASAP, Nigeria is fantastic, you don't need 1 - 2 years to relocate, just resign if you are working, sell your stuffs and come down here, this shouldn't take you more than six months to do. When you get here and stay for six months, then you will understand.

I'll be back soon brother, I'll come teach you guys how to get through the bitterness of a a recession. Trust me I saw friends loose their good jobs and homes in some cases I'm that 2008 period here.

A recession is not a pleasant thing
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by emmykk(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2016
superstar1:

Wailing Wailer General of the Federation on rampage!!!!
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNIMAID Final Year Student Killed By Boko Haram In Borno. Photos / I Consulted Pastor Adeboye Before Accepting To Be Buhari’s Runningmate- Osinbajo / Buhari And Osinbajo's Wives Arrive Ogun State For Campaign [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.