Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (38176 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
emmykk:
zombie on the loose

Wailing Wailer General of the Federation on rampage!!!!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
next will be child tax to encourage depopulation,atleast I didn't waste my time vote during the elections, e for pain me o
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by richeso: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Saintp:

You seem not to understand the situation. Nigerians having paying taxes before now but what have they gained from it? For example, Nigerians have been paying light bill for light they did not consume so why will they not want to pay SMS tax? They issue is that govt has been taking the citizens for a ride. If you give me 24hrs light like you have in Europe and tell me to pay whatever tax, in fact i will be tge first person to go and pay because I'm seeing the result. If i was govt, i will first of all earn the trust of citizens with the little i am getting before asking people to pay more.

my guy leave that zombie. make em dey talk rubbish..

we have been paying light bill we don see the light? in Europe light no dey ?
since them them increase light bill we don see the light ? since them bring tax enter bank stamp whatever. what is the change ?

rubbissh.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
ocelot2006:

And who told you we dont pay multiple taxes in this country, from VAT to PAYE, Land Use and so much more. For small to medium size businesses it is even way worse, yet they're expected to survive. With what? Keep in mind that personal earnings/wages are still stagnant or even slashed in some cases, yet you expect Nigerians to be comfortable with ADDITIONAL TAXES Thats sheer WICKEDNESS.

How is payment of VAT or Payee or land use charges double taxation? They all served different purposes. Our VAT is one of the lowest in the world. Payee is being paid all over world.land use charge is being paid all over the world under different nomenclatures.

I will rather pay more tax, which will reduce my disposable income if i am assured of good roads, electricity, good hospitals, potable water, security and better education.

The cost of providing all that on my own out weighs the tax i should have paid in multiple folds.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Validated: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thought VAT is charged on communication cost. What is wrong with this government?? Anyway. The citizens would just complain and move on. That is normal!

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Tarzaa(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
freeze001:
Jokers! Completely clueless sadists! Lowlife, debased pond scum! Dead n soulless reptiles! That is what Sai buhari chanters voted into power.

Soon they will propose taxes for menstrual flow!
...and women will suffer!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
saintgwizard:
Another tax?

We understand that the government is gasping for breath, but must it take away the breath of the masses to survive? Can't they look for ways to deal with the root causes instead of always attacking the symptoms.

This government self

This is change please bear

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
If that will improve the economy, they should go ahead
Get ready to make calls @ 30k/sec all networks
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thank God people we have in government are people that will be focused on the mission than appealing to peoples emotion. I hope Nigerians will transfer the kind anger they are expressing now on any of the leaders that embezzle our collective contributions irrespective of tribe, state or region. Also they must not forget to share the tax accrued base on tax generation. The realization that oil money/free money is a very small percentage of the money being wasted... The realization that my senator is using my money and not oil money fly private jet will want me to stone him... When next they award a km road for 1 billion, the thought that it is my money being spent anyhow should spur me to stop such contract... Taxation comes with commitment, it makes us to be a stakeholder in the event of things... Meanwhile, paying N9 more on every 100 Maura card purchase will not kill or maim us... But see them spending OUR money anyhow might kill them o

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
luvmijeje:

That's not true. The executive still have the responsibility in communicating policies rules and laws to her citizens.
Of what use when the legislative arm are bent on passing such law? Even if the president exercise veto power, 2/3 of senate can frustrate such action
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by seunajia: 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nothing wrong in it. I'll gladly pay it. I just want to see results. I want to see how you have spent my money. However, 9% is too much, 2-3% is just right.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
I thought APC/Buhari has earned N3 trn from TSA?
I thought they have blocked all loopholes?
I thought they no longer pay subsidy?
I thought Buhari was the best thing that happened after guguru ati ekpa?
I thought Buhari and APC has recovered billions of dollars from past looters?

If all the answer to these questions are yes then:

Why did this government increase electricity bill by 50% without even scraping the fixed and other charges?
Why are banks made to tax us all our money just for banking with them?
Why are they planning to introduce toll charges?
Why are they now going to tax us all these utility charges?
Why are commodity prices already double and in some cases triple?

Why all these charges amidst:

Worst of epileptic power supply ever
Poor roads and other infrastructures which has already claimed over 100,000 lives since Buhari came into power
High dollar to naira rate
Insecurity of the highest order
Economic recession
We provide our own security
We buy our own water
We provide our own power
We build our own roads
We benefit nothing meaningful from the government apart from them using the army and police to attack innocent people here and there.

Normally governments in countries experiencing economic recession usually reduce taxing on populace in order to lift off some of their burdens but in this case, the government wants to wipe out all the poor and the middle class while bringing down the rich to poor.

What a government..

Point of correction, Fixed charges have being eliminated completely. If you're still paying please report to your nearest disco
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
just2endowed:

LOL easy miss. Be easy on buhari na
That's the true. Very soon to on generator, you would pay tax
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
myola:

but you don't run all aminities like water, electrivity, security by yourself, i think?

The statement has an element of truth, thou water is personally secured, electricity is somewhat provided from grid and that matter has been reinforced nybtge NERC regulation to supply every home with a meter , you do have a right to refuse an estimated bill.

Security a very difficult challenge even in the most civilised countries is enforced by the state and ensured by every individual .

But where it comes to products and services which is what this taxation in discuss affects there is no way around it.

If you consume a good or a service, there is a percentage contribution to the State which can be integrated into the cost of such a service and which any consumer has every right to refuse to use said service if it does not suit. There is no obligation to use said service
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Tinyemeka(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
Emyemyberry:
Without mincing words,the daura dulllard is really insensitive to the plight of ordinary nigerians

@this rate of taxing everything,there will soon be tax on food.

My greatest pain is that the revenue generated will be embezzled by buhari the saint,his holy party apc, and their angelic ministers

i really pity anyone who voted for this government,because that is what i tag everlasting mistake which will continue to haunt as many that have realised their mistake

no zombie should quote me,because i will not reply

Insensitive government greed that also placed N50 surcharge on every deposit above N1,000.

Buhari but why?

Are these not some of the reasons why a group of people are fighting to be on their own?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Montaque:

You r not in Nigeria.
So u can't tell us more about the situation on ground. Tax is paid where you are and you see the dividend. Here we don't even see the dividend of ordinary phcn(electricity) bill, sanitation etc.

From what you have typed you have made it clear you are in agreement that taxation is a necessary evil and a common practice.

What you are at odds with is what had been applicable beforehand, but according to this new government there is a change which would bring in accountability and true governance. Where the people are the bosses and would need max efficient use of public funds.

Maybe PDP would come along in 2019 and campaign to relief all taxes and give tax breaks to the middle upper class.

Someone complained of being charged for bank transactions 50 naira, and I'm amazed because every time I use an ATM machine I get charged about 10 cents and I have a bank levy of 23 euro or so yearly. If I own a cheque book that's another matter.

If I use my bank card abroad on certain ATM machines or POS it's a 2-4 euro charge

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by just2endowed: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's the true. Very soon to on generator, you would pay tax

Abi
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mfm04622: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nigerians!!!! They want Nigeria to be developed like Western nations but don't want to pay the price! Nigeria still have the lowest VAT rate in th world! We are still fighting for fuel subsidy while citizens of other nations pay fuel tax!How many Nigerians voluntarily pay tax if they have a choice? Because of this, govt must find ways of collecting taxes citizens can't avoid! Since birds no fly without perching, hunters have to shoot without missing!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by mfm04622: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Insensitive government greed that also placed N50 surcharge on every deposit above N1,000.

Buhari but why?

Are these not some of the reasons why a group of people are fighting to be on their own?

How many times do you get deposits in a month? That is others pay into your account. How much is fifty Naira for God's sake! You all want Nigeria to develop without paying a kobo towards the development!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Clinton207: 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Disaino:
If dat would change tins,,u ave my full support....I believe u ave good intentions for Nigeria and Nigerians at large...No mata wat dey say,,i still believe in u..God bless Federal Republic Nigeria...
oga have they thought of increasing minimum wage to brace up with the hard times?infact i don't know how you guys reason o.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

From what you have typed you have made it clear you are in agreement that taxation is a necessary evil and a common practice.

What you are at odds with is what had been applicable beforehand, but according to this new government there is a change which would bring in accountability and true governance. Where the people are the bosses and would need max efficient use of public funds.

Maybe PDP would come along in 2019 and campaign to relief all taxes and give tax breaks to the middle upper class.

Someone complained of being charged for bank transactions 50 naira, and I'm amazed because every time I use an ATM machine I get charged about 10 cents and I have a bank levy of 23 euro or so yearly. If I own a cheque book that's another matter.

If I use my bank card abroad on certain ATM machines or POS it's a 2-4 euro charge

Stop wasting your precious time lecturing some of those clowns.

Someone was complaining about his ban bank charges one day and was misyarning about how that cannot happen in America. I looked at him from head to toe and shook my head. Bank of America charges $12 monthly as maintenance fee, for using human teller to deposit or withdraw you will be be charged $8, while using your ATM Card on other bank's ATMs is $2.50. Copy of your statement of account is $3-5 per copy.

Nigerians are just funny. They want the best of services but they are looking for NGO to render such to them.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by FruityPK: 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Emyemyberry:
Without mincing words,the daura dulllard is really insensitive to the plight of ordinary nigerians

My greatest pain is that the revenue generated will be embezzled by buhari the saint,his holy party apc, and their angelic ministers

i really pity anyone who voted for this government,because that is what i tag everlasting mistake which will continue to haunt as many that have realised their mistake

I totally agree with your submission guy.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Alezy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
The past government looted but not directly from our pockets seems this mumu government what to loot directly from everyone's pocket.

well....If it's the will of God.

We caused this ourselves. Na we carry our hand vote change. those people shouting change that time, u won't see dem again now. Let me see the mumu that will come here and shout APC in the next election.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Montaque(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Why don't we start from the beginning? I pay phcn bill about 6k monthly but I can't average the electricity for 8 days. Sanitation too but the streets r dirty and we dispose our own refuse. My mums shop just got submerged in flood and the 150 naira she pays daily and the one she pays monthly cannot salvage the situation. No good roads, we operate our own borehole. In fact we run all our amenities ourselves down here.
You seems to be carried away by the change hype, we'll you may be excused, it's a farce. There is no change from the old system. Please they should ensure the proper use of the ones they already collect before imposing another.
And if u see the opulence of the ruling class, you will shudder. You must have heard of the CBN employment saga, that's how things go here.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by quickAbel: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Emyemyberry:

2019, this animals shall here from me

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by 2sexynet: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Why are Nigerians so against their civil obligations, you use a service and don't want to pay a tax contribution for it.

They don't want to pay TV bills either.

Come to UK / Ireland and you'll find out that your phone bill at the month end is subject to tax at round 27% and it is clearly differentiated for clarity

TV licence comes to 150 Euro annually for every household which has an electronic device (TV , PC etc) the penalty for non payment is 500 Euro and I've had to pay that fine before.

We pay water tax here at 100 annually for every home.

It's time Nigerians realise if we don't want to depend on oil forever we have to start a system of taxation. How many people pay their property tax in Nigeria
You are right but you forgot that over there, the system is functioning. Why compare it to Nigeria where nothing is working? Don't you have constant power supply? Don't you have access to water? Don't you have access to good road? Don't you have a well mechanised system of farming and agricultural produce?

Don't talk like this offline in Nigeria because they could just stone you to death.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Alezy(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
mfm04622:

How many times do you get deposits in a month? That is others pay into your account. How much is fifty Naira for God's sake! You all want Nigeria to develop without paying a kobo towards the development!
oga if u don't use the bank then leave this matter for those who use it. Do u kw how many people who make use of the bank everyday?? Then a direct taxation on thier pockets??

The worse part is u won't see what it will be used for. u travel and endanger ur life everyday cos of those dead roads, light is since dead and gone yet they increased its rate, people have been sacked from jobs and are struggling to eat 3 square meal. yet they still wanna tax them to their last kobo?? how wicked??

In the UK where they complain about high taxation? atleast u will see ur money working. An easy life for both the rich and poor.

They are just looking for means to loot since crude won't give em the required cash they need to loot. smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by jojo1man(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
When buhari was saying chaine, we thought he meant change. Now we are in ball and chaine. We can't run neither can we go far from the chain.
We have to wait and get all our cutters,pliers, hamer etc ready before the. Next election so we can cut this chaine by voting another party into power
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
BlackTechnology:

The shame is too much that some can't even look at the faces of the Igbos they threatened to lagoon.
same people dat claimed to have recovered looted funds

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

The statement has an element of truth, thou water is personally secured, electricity is somewhat provided from grid and that matter has been reinforced nybtge NERC regulation to supply every home with a meter , you do have a right to refuse an estimated bill.

Security a very difficult challenge even in the most civilised countries is enforced by the state and ensured by every individual .

But where it comes to products and services which is what this taxation in discuss affects there is no way around it.

If you consume a good or a service, there is a percentage contribution to the State which can be integrated into the cost of such a service and which any consumer has every right to refuse to use said service if it does not suit. There is no obligation to use said service

Have you heard of incidence of tax? Do you know that some of these taxable elements are service of neccessity? Do you remember when obj increased VAT that MTN increased their rates immediately
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by EgheKenny(m): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Why are Nigerians so against their civil obligations, you use a service and don't want to pay a tax contribution for it.

They don't want to pay TV bills either.

Come to UK / Ireland and you'll find out that your phone bill at the month end is subject to tax at round 27% and it is clearly differentiated for clarity

TV licence comes to 150 Euro annually for every household which has an electronic device (TV , PC etc) the penalty for non payment is 500 Euro and I've had to pay that fine before.

We pay water tax here at 100 annually for every home.

It's time Nigerians realise if we don't want to depend on oil forever we have to start a system of taxation. How many people pay their property tax in Nigeria
My friend before you start blabbing, you conveniently forgot to tell us you did not construct a borehole in your house, you also conveniently forgot to tell us how much the minimum wage is, and all the other freebies that come along with your telephone line.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

Don't be deceive by these politicians they are heartless. All of them are wicked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Niger Republic Celebrates Buhari’s 76th Birthday (Photos) / Dino Melaye Sings And Dances To The #StingyMenAssociation Anthem (Video) / Tinubu Appoints Ola Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman, Hammajoda As Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.