Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (37826 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DONFASZY(m): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
May God almighty punish FG n most of all who eva is in charging dictating ways to generate funds from d poor masses...d stamp duty debit is fraud already n fuel iss...

By d blood of Jesus.... Almight God....Pls give Buhari sense nt to approve dis...we r paying by bloood to survive dis so called CHANGE

Politics is a potential legal fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by pyxon(m): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
hahaha
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
[s]
BlackTechnology:

Education is not wisdom.

Example this poster I quoted
[/s]

BlackTechnology is the more deadly than Ebola

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by leofab(f): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
k
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by JaypeeAnics(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Enter-Painment News for APC ZOMBIES......
bubu will soon tax us for eating, singing, walking, driving, dancing.....etc......ONCE CHANCE Chain........

6 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by ihatebuhari(f): 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
God punish buhari and his wife

8 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BlackTechnology: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
[s][/s]
BlackTechnology is the more deadly than Ebola

Have you bought fuel for today

9 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by papaejima1: 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
Papasmal:

Papaejima una don see the change wey una come market for my domot...

Una collect all the money finish,CHANGE u nor gree give us.
Blood of Nebucchadnezzer!!
Who market wetin?

Omo if I take as this thing they vex me ehn, Sango and Amadioha will use some people play table tennis walahi.

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by ogaontop(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
If that will improve the economy, they should go ahead

YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH AND TRASH!

Which Kind Of Govt Is This?
Fuel Scarcity,
50 Naira Tax Of Above 1k Deposits,
Nigeria Joining Islamic Nations Coalition Against Terrorism,
Fulani Herdsmen Attacking Anyhow,
Increament In Electricity Tarrif,
IPOB, NIGER DELTA UNREST,
All The Elections Conducted Had Been Controversial,
Dollar On The Daily Increase, Everything Doubling Its Price,
Then This 9% Again,
WHAT AN INSENSIVITY TO THE SUFFERINGS OF MASSES!!!

10 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by papaejima1: 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash irrelevant post

we don't care about the picture we're talking about the useless kunu drinker from Daura called mumuhamado mumuharii and his useless government taxes you're talking nonsense.
i guess you are even ashamed of this useless man by now.
sore looser grin
Trust him to try to derail the thread and divert attention. But you gat him real good. Take 1000 likes joor.

11 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by omowolewa: 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hummm!

This is double taxation ab-initio; a clear violation of the spirit of taxation and other international treaties!!

30% on the company's profit;
5% on the Value added on Inputs;
ITF charge on payroll;
NSITF charge on Information Technology;
Extra electricity tariff on industrial consumers;
Environmental charge on using big power generator;
Land Use charge on offices and mast sites;
Waste disposal charge;
Cabling permit royalties;
Mast hoisting charge (outsourced mostly)!!! Plus their License fees

All these on their normal trading activities (Call, Data, Text and others)

I support any anti-repatriation law, not double taxation. The Nigerian Tax Law is rich already, just fine tune it!!!!

(may be e need to vary our tax rate to contain coy with superprofit not the back door arrangements)

13 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by luvmijeje(f): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hopefully the National Assembly will not pass this into law.

This is one of my issue with with this government. Before presenting this kind of suffering impacting bill there should be a National discourse. The Minister should be on every major news outlet informing us on the merit of the Bill and why every Nigerians should queue up behind it.

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by matrix1759: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Everything about this government smacks of complete insensitivity and total lack of ideas.

7 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by pendusky(m): 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
pretydiva:
Wat arrant nonsense is dis. No work,no employment, yet dey want scrape d little money we ve left. Thunder fire anybody dat will support dis bill 2 b pass

complain it to ur president PMB

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by davidsgal(f): 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Got absolutely nothing to say... Buh m so certain that my God will definitely punish them all!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by bravesoul247(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Instead of swearing I think it's time we the Nigerian youths protest and stop complaining on social medias.. if anybody start protesting me go follow ooo cos this rubbish is getting outta hand.

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Futureleader201(m): 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
I told them, (my Yoruba friends) this thing APC is shouting is chain not change but they never listen to me. Let all of you who voted for chain enjoy it while it least.

APC Lie
APC Propaganda
APC. Chain

6 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Friabol: 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
Very soon, Nigerians will start paying tax before sleeping with their wives.

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by chizokwu(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
simi4me:
Taxing us to pay for his foreign trips abi.
u are right

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DisGuy: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is good, kini big deal, who are the communication marketing experts sef? Where do you expect govt to get money from before?

Let them collect tax properly so You can hold to account properly!!

Person wey no dey pay house rent come complain say house needs painting tongue

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sirscripture: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
freeze001:
Jokers! Completely clueless sadists! Lowlife, debased pond scum! Dead n soulless reptiles! That is what Sai buhari chanters voted into power.

Soon they will propose taxes for menstrual flow!

For these policies are not coming at the right time but this particular one is not as bad as how we are proclaiming it. The government has not failed us yet. We are not hearing about how billions of dollars go into personal account of a fewer men. So have a piece of hope that this government will put these monies into a use that the common man will benefit from. If not, then we are not only doomed but damaged the hope of our posterity.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by modik(m): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tax professionals have known this fact for a very long time.

A very trustworthy source has confirmed this development.

Nigerians should brace up for tough times ahead.

CHANGE IS HERE.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by inlandtaipan: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
We have entered one chance.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
If dat would change tins,,u ave my full support....I believe u ave good intentions for Nigeria and Nigerians at large...No mata wat dey say,,i still believe in u..God bless Federal Republic Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Futureleader201(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
bravesoul247:
Instead of swearing I think it's time we the Nigerian youths protest and stop complaining on social medias.. if anybody start protesting me go follow ooo cos this rubbish is getting outta hand.
Protest is ok but remember Nigeria blood sucking vampire president and the men on uniform are looking for innocent and harmless Nigerians blood to suck.

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by DisGuy: 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
luvmijeje:
Hopefully the National Assembly will not pass this into law.

This is one of my issue with with this government. Before presenting this kind of suffering impacting bill there should be a National discourse. The Minister should be on every major news outlet informing us on the merit of the Bill and why every Nigerians should queue up behind it.

That's what the legislators are there for. The executive presents a bill, the legislators(your representative) put forward argument for or against it and depending on your response they pass/edit or reject it- Shikena
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BlackTechnology: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Futureleader201:
I told them, (my Yoruba friends) this thing APC is shouting is chain not change but they never listen to me. Let all of you who voted for chain enjoy it while it least.

APC Lie
APC Propaganda
APC. Chain

I am sure your friends are quiet now

Wisdom originates from the East

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Papasmal(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
papaejima1:

Blood of Nebucchadnezzer!!
Who market wetin?

Omo if I take as this thing they vex me ehn, Sango and Amadioha will use some people play table tennis walahi.

Chaaii! Chaaii!!! Chaa!!!
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by magicalBae(f): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Emyemyberry:
dey der dey wait 4 common ground

You should know where he belongs.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by tivta(m): 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
But all these companies pay license fees yearly and we all pay VAT, why tax us again?
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by kenyguy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
papaejima1:
Marketing Communication experts have condemned the proposed communications tax bill before the Eight National Assembly, describing the bill as evidence that the Federal Government “isn’t sensitive to the plight of the people”.

If the proposed communications tax bill is passed to law, telecoms subscribers in Nigeria may be facing tougher times in the months ahead. The bill, entitled ‘Communication Service Tax Bill (“CST” or the “Bill”) 2015’, seeks to enforce, charge and collect communication service tax (CST) on all electronic communication services at nine per cent which will be borne by subscribers.

Subscribers’ data released monthly by the telecoms industry regulator, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the current industry’s Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) provided by the operators, indicated that the Federal Government may be reaping over N20 billion monthly from Nigerian subscribers if the bill is enacted into law.

The categories of communication services liable to the tax include voice calls, SMS, MMS, Data and Pay TV. For instance, Section 2 of the bill listed the chargeable services to include voice calls, SMS, MMS, pay per view TV stations, data usage from telecommunication services providers and internet service providers.

While the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will be responsible for the collection of the tax and its payment together with any interest and penalty into the Federation Account, the Federal Government will be responsible for the administration and management of the funds.

The bill provides that all service providers are to file tax returns and pay the tax due not later than the last working day of the month immediately after the month to which the payment relates. Failure to comply with this provision will attract stiff financial penalties on erring entities.

The bill, proposed by the government last month and currently being reviewed by the National Assembly, would see consumers of data, voice, SMS, MMS and pay-TV services hit with a nine per cent tax levied on service fees.

http://guardian.ng/business-services/money/experts-oppose-fgs-move-to-tax-voice-calls-pay-tv/
Members of the National assembly will also pay so if they like it let them pass the law that will reap them off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won / President Buhari Looking Good At Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Governor Obaseki Wins Certificate Forgery Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.