Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? (3571 Views)

Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? / Ladies Could U Serriously Do This?.. Be Honest! / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by bisan(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2009
Related to wilson 007's story,abt his g.friend being desperate 4 marriage, i was once into that kind of situation, i luvd my last g.friend so much n was willing to do anything 4 hr.we were so close and we were d envy of d campus and i felt i was d luckiest man on earth.(a.b.u zaria) that was last year. Guys hv tried to get her by framing me up just to break us up,to cut d whole thing shrt abt dis girl, she felt she was so beautifull, because she had alot of toasters,rich guys with flashy cars coming around and believed she had beta opportunites,(probably because i was reading a 5 yr course,, Electrical engineering,) and didnt have a car, being an average guy, she felt i had a lng way to go,to make her comfortable. especially d vry guy that brk us up by pressurising her abt wanting to marry her,eventually they saw secretely behind my back n he has made luv to her, i couldnt stnd d confession,yet i 4gave her and was willing to contiue d relationship because my family knew her and luvd her especially my mum,even afta what she did, but she couldnt stand d shame of seeing me evry day after what happened n b4 i knew it, d best thing she felt has to be done is to start anoda relationship wit a new guy wich she did. Im saying ol these cos it made me learn d hard way, at d moment im into another relationship, i luv her,but based on my last xperience, i've lrnt nt to trust a lady anymore so basically im into a relationship not based on trust. Now what disturbs me is that this vry girl is a month older than me, basically she is my age mate. Im scared of giving dis girl more of me,cos she could disapoint me lyk my ex girlfriend. She is 24 and i also, but girls(no offence ladies) have dis obssession of wanting to marry early. No matter how much luv they have 4 their man, if he isnt ready yet or settled,it becomes a parade of argument until she dcides to leave him 4 some 1 else she feels is gudenof 4 hr to settlewit, ive discussed this issue with her, and she keeps telling me that this issue wont be a barier btwn us, as lng as i luv hr and im there 4 her, that she wont leave me, but i find it difficult to accept those wrds 4rm her. Im on alert, but 4 hw lng will i stand this issues abt being desperate to marry that comes in between me and my g.friends? I'd appreciate ur suggestions n oppinions house pls.
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by wilson007: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2009
Similar, But guess women around the world are the same, I was in central university in Ghana, Came back 2 serve nigeria, I'm servin at Abuja, doin rily good, Makin the papers fast and steady, Wow, and the girls are comin in like dat, guess there are so many fishes in the river so boy, if it seems slim, don't fall in luv or better move on before u trap urself, Got to realise how swt and carin the younger girls are,they respect me and look up to me, just the way our girlfriends looked up to other for marriage, in 3yrs she'll be too old for u, Wat i want is this, my next serious relationship will by his grace end up in marriage, Very soon, Can't wait to get off the claws of all this daughters of eve, and ope i don't get married 2 one.lol,
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by bisan(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2009
yea, I feel u there, u've made a point, i hope i wont live wit a vry horrible mistake 4 d rest of my life. Cos even though we are age mates,im so into her, and her d same wit me, i wnder hw lyf will look lyk wit her in d nearest future,
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by YankeeZulu: 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
Instead of wondering who will love you and stand by you etc, why not pray to be well-laid financially so whichever girl you meet, you'll be able to settle down on time so she may not worry your ass about when when when will u be able to marry her. In any case, you better marry a girl far far your junior if you're worried about how your age mate will look by your side later in life when the age starts creeping up. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by C2H5OH(f): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2009
YankeeZulu:

In any case, you better marry a girl far far your junior if you're worried about how your age mate will look by your side later in life when the age starts creeping up. lipsrsealed
I don laugh die o
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by rite2salas(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2009
lmaoo
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by franel79(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2009
This is really a serious issue, but when I get to such a bridge I guess we would have to cross or swim. whichever she decides will be fine with me. You simply can't use them yet they can't be dumped. what do we do.
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by C2H5OH(f): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2009
flow with the current?
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by MrWaters: 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2009
Dude i'll say you ask her like this:- look into her eyes while askin and check for BLINKING!!! If she does, she's out or vise-versa
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by bisan(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2009
Thanks 4 ur advises, i wouldnt mynd dating someone much younger. But nature is just in a way that u may not necessarily fall inluv wit someone younger. It doesn show on d face u knw, it just happens, I just dnt want to hurt her by cos i wouldnt want d same. Its really a serious matter oh n.landers
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
I'm dating a girl older dan i am wit months, but it hasn't changed anything, If she leaves u for someone else den she wasn't mean't 4 u accept dat.

1 Like

Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by tosyne007(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
@poster,
i understand ur fears. It's really a hard decision to make. Personally, i dont really give a sh*t abt 'age difference' but in some cases it does count. I want u to know i'm going thru thesame dilemma. My babe wants us to settle down FAST but i'm holding back all in the name that i want to get some things done b4 committing my life to her. At thesame time, i hav to consider the fact that she's not getting younger. So, wat i'm saying is that there will be a time that u will start seeing some signs of desperation in her. U should be prepared for that.

My advice is that u giv her a chance if u love her real good and be sure u wont disappoint her cos that will be a grave thing to do if she decides to wait for u. The best time to pull out if u hav doubts abt her is NOW.

Think with ur head and follow ur heart.

1 Like

Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by Basildon1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2009
I repeat, over and over, do not date a gal that is similar to your age except u come from a rich family or have a very very good job. Even with this it is stil not worth it,the pressure is way 2 much. When you are thinking of moving sumwher 4 a new job,thinking of savings,how to spoil your parents, all she thinks of is marriage
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by tunene: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2009
hmm. I seem to have the same problem. In my own case, the girl is even older by about 1yr, 8 months, I really love her and I don't mind the age difference but my problem with her is this marriage obsession, while i am planning to go for my masters, all that she, her pastors and even my pastors are asking is marriage, when, when, when. I must confess I have a good paying job but I am not just ready.
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ topic

I am not surprised girls lie to be virgins and younger, when guys are continuously bringing up topics like this.
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by johnnygan(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ topic.
I can date of any age.
10yrs younger or 15yrs older is an exception. U see
Re: Could U Date Or Marry A Girl Practically Of D Same Age With U Or Older.? by scantee(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2009
hmm
i feel like i am in the same sit now, my baby is 4yrs older than me, and she knew very well that she is older than me, just she is still in school but i am out, all she always ask me is if i have told my people anything about her, that in terms of she been my future wife, but i always insist on telling her to relax that is not the right time to tell them, to be sincere i love that girl, my only problem is age barrier, i just imagine how she will look like in the future with four years above me,

i dont just know what to do about this case, every time she will ask me to promise her that i will not leave her which i always do, but within me i dont feel relax, but she has been nice to me since two years i met her, she is faithful if may say. she is 26yrs i am 22yrs

@topic

just follow your hart dont allow anybody to decieve you.

(1) (Reply)

A Real Man? / Why Do Girls "Form" For Their Fellow Girls? / 3 Reasons Why She Didn't Reply Your Pm(mail)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.