Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) (29349 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Seal Uzoma, Nigerian Soldier In North-East (Photos) / Army Deploys Armored Tanks To The South-East. Photos/video / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2016
asorocker:
In 5 years from today there will be reverse migration of igbo brains from Abuja and Lagos to the east, these city planners should make provision for high rise residential areas that would accomdate the upsurge, Enugu and owerri should be primed to accommodate this upsurge while Aba and onitsha should be primed to handle congestion of businesses and people.
when you finish dreaming go and wash your face
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 11:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Schematics:
Let us get to see some decent skyline devoid of old buildings with rustic outlooks. Owerri deserves to be pulled down completely and rebuilt from the scratch.
all this anambra peeps sef because you have two bridges that looks like lekki-ikoyi own you guys won't let us drink water and drop cup. Pls owerri is ahead of awka everyday don't let that structure decieve you .

1 Like

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by honourhim: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Schematics:
You people will start shouting and crying wolf when we start but abagworo has been on Anambra thread since yesterday spewing nonsense but nobody saw him until we responded. Let him stay away from us or this will continue because we have nothing in common with him and his people!

While i am against Abagworo and his stupidlty, let me caution you that you are making a fool and mockery of yourself to the public when u say that Imo and Anambra have nothing in common. Even an illiterate northerner knows that the south east states have a lot in common and that is what makes all of us igbos so don't make statements that will portray you as a fool When they want to kill igbos they dont leave out any of the south east state. You can attack the foolish Abagworo personally but don't bring in Igbo division into it.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Mehn owerri is making brains, left there in 2012 when rochas came into power and from the skeletal structures he started putting in place back then I just knew he was up to something awesome now I've seen it. I wonder why he still has critics I love that man, love his vision and philosophy kudos to him. but then Igbo's are kinda confused today you'll see" Enugu pride of the east" tomorrow it's Owerri, next it's anambra seems the capital of this your Biafra would be another battle entirely.

4 Likes

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by StOla: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2016
basilo101:
You will never see any rusted roof here

Why should there be a rusted roof in a 21st century structure?

Who builds a baroque architecture in a 21st century futuristic design?

Both are developments of their own era, and because there's a new, doesn't mean the old should have never existed - except of course there's no history to talk about.

Now what is your own old?

1 Like

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by honourhim: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:
Mehn owerri is making brains, left there in 2012 when rochas came into power and from the skeletal structures he started putting in place back then I just knew he was up to something awesome now I've seen it. I wonder why he still has critics I love that man, love his vision and philosophy kudos to him. but then Igbo's are kinda confused today you'll see" Enugu pride of the east" tomorrow it's Owerri, next it's anambra seems the capital of this your Biafra would be another battle entirely.
Every igbo state have their area they major in.
Anambra is commerce, enterprenuership and politics.
Imo is education, Civil/public Service and tourism.
Abia is commerce and skilled work .
Enugu is tourism..
Ebonyi is agriculture.
Delta igbo is education and Civil /public service.
A combination of all these and more are what makes the Igbo nation great. Forget about the state by state braggimg by some foolish people here

2 Likes

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by asha90: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:
Pls Awka is ahead of Owerri everyday don't let that structure decieve you .

Obedience Ekwe, I think you are very s.tupid but I totally agree with you on the above comment.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
asha90:

Obedience Ekwe, I think you are very s.tupid but I totally agree with you on the above comment.. cool
hey who the hell are you? stop changing my post, owerri is ahead of awka don't tempt me to add light years. And you had to go through my profile to quote me be careful.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by asha90: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Obedience Ekwe, like as I said you are an okpo nku man but I totally agree with you concerning Nnewi and Owerri cool

lacasera14:
hey who the hell are you? stop changing my post, Nnewi is ahead of Owerri don't tempt me to add light years. And you had to go through my profile to quote me be careful.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
asha90:
like as I said i'm an okpo nku man but I totally agree with you concerning owerri been ahead of awka

Good boy
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by RRoyaId: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:
I am a Good boy Nnewi been ahead of Owerri

Yup..okpo nku mancheesy

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
RRoyaId:

Yup..okpo nku mancheesy
who's this one sef?
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by RRoyaId: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:
Oh me ofcos

Are you sure?? Face of suffering.. cheesy cheesy

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by amakenny: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:

Yes, OWERRI had a dramatic huge expansion in four years because governor Okorocha Rochas abandoned development infrastructure he started in other towns in Imo state.

He then devoted the federal allocations to Imo state to building land mark structures in Owerri so that people may see him as a performing governor that's good for the presidency.

Worse is that Okorocha bulldozed infrastructures he met in Orlu and Okigwe, as he promised he would make Orlu and Okigwe model cities. A promise never fulfilled.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
amakenny:

Yes, OWERRI had a dramatic huge expansion in four years because governor Okorocha Rochas abandoned development infrastructure he started in other towns in Imo state.

He then devoted the federal allocations to Imo state to building land mark structures in Owerri so that people may see him as a performing governor that's good for the presidency.

Worse is that Okorocha bulldozed infrastructures he met in Orlu and Okigwe, as he promised he would make Orlu and Okigwe model cities. A promise never fulfilled.
the capital is the center of attention of every state except Lagos, delta, Ogun and anambra so government tends to marginalize other regions in the state in terms of development and channel all resources to developing the capital. won't blame him much on this it's a Nigerian inherent model

1 Like

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by googlepikins: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Schematics:
Let us get to see some decent skyline devoid of old buildings with rustic outlooks. Owerri deserves to be pulled down completely and rebuilt from the scratch.
poor people like you always think they have say
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by asha90: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
googlepikins:
poor and wretched people like me always think we have a say

Are you sure about that?

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
honourhim:

While i am against Abagworo and his stupidlty, let me caution you that you are making a fool and mockery of yourself to the public when u say that Imo and Anambra have nothing in common. Even an illiterate northerner knows that the south east states have a lot in common and that is what makes all of us igbos so don't make statements that will portray you as a fool When they want to kill igbos they dont leave out any of the south east state. You can attack the foolish Abagworo personally but don't bring in Igbo division into it.

Why do you guys bring up my name easily? I remain one of the few Igbos that have interest and unity of Igboland at heart both on Nairaland and real life. Opposing Jonathan who is from Ijaw that hates us doesn't mean anything. It's a choice and a hood one.

1 Like

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by bryan1991: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nice to see these pictures. It shows that there are other nice cities in NIGERIA outside LAGOS and ABUJA. Nigeria is ours. so, we should defend and protect her.

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by skelewu404(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
RareDiamond:
OWERRI RANKS AMONG THE BEST STATE CAPITAL IN NIGERIA. Imo State is a very nice place to live and invest
did you say invest r u okay?
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by amakenny: 3:00am On Jun 19, 2016
lacasera14:
the capital is the center of attention of every state except Lagos, delta, Ogun and anambra so government tends to marginalize other regions in the state in terms of development and channel all resources to developing the capital. won't blame him much on this it's a Nigerian inherent model

The capital was never named by the federal government to attract development attention more than the other component towns or cities in a state.

It's only ill-educated governors who believe that the state capital is meant to attract more attention than other areas of the state.

And in the case of Imo state today, the governor has placed more than 99% of whatever development infrastructure he made since 2011 in Owerri.

Anyway, waiting for 2019 when any body from Owerri may say it's the turn of Owerri zone to present governor.

Okorocha governed Imo state like a governor from Owerri would do.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by ujoatu(m): 7:00am On Jun 19, 2016
Water falls

Rochas Is Working

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by ujoatu(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Water falls
Rochas Is Working
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by ujoatu(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Yes

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by babadee1(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Rochas don try. I'm impressed with his efforts so far.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by donstefano8(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
Wow, owerri is really a beautiful city.
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by MrObontami(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
Synzu here comes O-town grin

1 Like

Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
MrObontami:
Synzu here comes O-town grin
.where U see Synzu?
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by MrObontami(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
Babzilla:
.where U see Synzu?
just inviting him to the thread to see his darling O-town
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
MrObontami:
just inviting him to the thread to see his darling O-town
Oh. I see
Obontami baba long time man. oyawo e da?
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by Synzu(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
MrObontami:
Synzu_ here comes O-town grin

Baba, dazz how we roll grin

Nothing beats this city cool
Re: Owerri -the glory of the South East (Photos) by Synzu(m): 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
Babzilla:
.where U see Synzu?

Oga babz, I hail you sir cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo / Editorial: Lessons From A Weekend Of Presidential Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.