Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,029 members, 7,845,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277342 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Olamipopo: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2010
gabrieli:

Hey guys, thanks for your previous advice concerning the above issue.  My sponsor just called today that the appeal has been approved(sitting done 2day) Though, they did not grant the change of hearing type (that did not matter anymore), still my sponsor still went there and was attended to,
The issue now is their embassy in naija, i have heard series of stories hw they will still refuse to issue visa despite AIT approval. Please i need your advice on hw to go about this, though they may not call until abt 3 to 4 weeks time since the case was just decided 2day.  We applied through lagos office because my wife was only trying to renew but the package was forwarded to abuja maybe because my daughter is a first time applicant. Does anyone have an idea of where we may be reffered to .
thanks

They will give you the visa since you won it, but you need to provide financial and maintance fee , so you need to build your account before they call you , Money in the account is very important. So get this done ,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
Olamipopo:

They will give you the visa since you won it,
   You don't have to give advice according to what you think or what you assume to be the case rather than what you know to be the logical basis of the practical protocols.
   Winning an appeal does not mean winning the visa, it simply means that the original reason/s for refusing the visa has been overturned and the application will be given a fresh assessment owing to more facts or evidence to support same.

. . .but you need to provide financial and maintance fee
?  I have never heard this language before shocked

so you need to build your account before they call you , Money in the account is very important. So get this done
   Having money in your account is not what is most important, but the origin of the money as well as the transaction details. A bank statement that is acceptable must display serial activities in which transactions follow in logical order or a recurrent patterns: anything short of this would be considered money lodgement which is an express ground for visa refusal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by seedord247(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2010
Hi house,

I really need your advice, October last year i'm eager to move out of the country and secure a good future, i ask a friend of mine how do i do it since a novice in this , my friend introduce me to an agent in ikeja, they ask me what country did i want to go i said uk, and the Man said i will need to pay 50,000 naira for registration fee and 400, 000 naira for the visa not including the traveling ticket. i pay the reg fee and half payment of the visa which is 200,000 naira out 400,000 naira, as times goes on i didn't hear from them, until dec 31 2009 they call me that i should come and submit the document myself which i pay almost 20,000 naira for the visa at the uk visa submission center at oregun ikeja, after 2 weeks they call me and said the visa is ready for collection we went there and i was refuse.

I was denied just because they call the bank of the person i'm visiting and what they said is that, the bank didn't release her statement of account and i how did i get it. The agent said i have the right to appeal, he would take care of the appeal and i should not be worried about it, he said in the next two month my visa will be out. I call him on Jan 20 he said he has summit it since that time i have not hear anything from the embassy neither him and whenever i tell my friend about this he always calm me down saying that the visa will still be out that i should patient and i know he's part of them.

I need your advice on what to do regarding this, it's almost 5 month gone now no visa and will my 270,000 naira just go like that?

Tunde.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jun 19, 2010
seedord247:

Hi house,
I really need your advice, October last year i'm eager to move out of the country and secure a good future, i ask a friend of mine how do i do it since a novice in this , my friend introduce me to an agent in ikeja, they ask me what country did i want to go i said uk, and the Man said i will need to pay 50,000 naira for registration fee and 400, 000 naira for the visa not including the traveling ticket. i pay the reg fee and half payment of the visa which is 200,000 naira out 400,000 naira, as times goes on i didn't hear from them, until dec 31 2009 they call me that i should come and submit the document myself which i pay almost 20,000 naira for the visa at the uk visa submission center at oregun ikeja, after 2 weeks they call me and said the visa is ready for collection we went there and i was refuse.I was denied just because they call the bank of the person i'm visiting and what they said is that, the bank didn't release her statement of account and i how did i get it. The agent said i have the right to appeal, he would take care of the appeal and i should not be worried about it, he said in the next two month my visa will be out. I call him on Jan 20 he said he has summit it since that time i have not hear anything from the embassy neither him and whenever i tell my friend about this he always calm me down saying that the visa will still be out that i should patient and i know he's part of them.I need your advice on what to do regarding this, it's almost 5 month gone now no visa and will my 270,000 naira just go like that?Tunde.
Sorry to hear what happened to you but the sad truth is that you have been scammed and most likely to be banned ofr 10yrs by British embassy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Yorubah(m): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2010
seedord247:

Hi house,

I really need your advice, October last year i'm eager to move out of the country and secure a good future, i ask a friend of mine how do i do it since a novice in this , my friend introduce me to an agent in ikeja, they ask me what country did i want to go i said uk, and the Man said i will need to pay 50,000 naira for registration fee and 400, 000 naira for the visa not including the traveling ticket. i pay the reg fee and half payment of the visa which is 200,000 naira out 400,000 naira, as times goes on i didn't hear from them, until dec 31 2009 they call me that i should come and submit the document myself which i pay almost 20,000 naira for the visa at the uk visa submission center at oregun ikeja, after 2 weeks they call me and said the visa is ready for collection we went there and i was refuse.

I was denied just because they call the bank of the person i'm visiting and what they said is that, the bank didn't release her statement of account and i how did i get it. The agent said i have the right to appeal, he would take care of the appeal and i should not be worried about it, he said in the next two month my visa will be out. I call him on Jan 20 he said he has summit it since that time i have not hear anything from the embassy neither him and whenever i tell my friend about this he always calm me down saying that the visa will still be out that i should patient and i know he's part of them.

I need your advice on what to do regarding this, it's almost 5 month gone now no visa and will my 270,000 naira just go like that?

Tunde.
Sorry that is gone and now you are wise.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
seedord247:

Hi house,

Tunde.
Dear Tunde
   You're another victim of a harmless looking scam. Please, do not bother to appeal the visa refusal nor re-apply for a UK visa until after 10 years because, if you do, you'll only waste more of your money as you've been given a silent ban from entering the UK for 10 years.
   This is the way these self acclaimed travel or visa agents make their money. They promise to provide the needed documents and charge clients a lot of cash for them; then they actually provide the documents but, though the papers may appear original, they are never from genuine sources hence the embassy confirms them fake. A naive visa applicant now happily goes to apply for the desired visa which will definitely be refused and the subject is penalised by receive a secret ban from entering the UK for ten years.
   The visa agents have just made cool profits at the cost of their client's banishment.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darknouiui: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoAlata(f): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2010
And these people sleep well at night angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 29, 2010
Check more details on www.touristvisas.info
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by rockstand: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2010
my uncle got a 2 yr visa his wife got a 6 months visa (she is about 7months pregnant)
however when they got to the uk point of entry the visas were cancelled please advice on what next to do and wat are the consequence, please help its really urgent
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2010
rockstand:

my uncle got a 2 yr visa his wife got a 6 months visa (she is about 7months pregnant)
however when they got to the uk point of entry the visas were cancelled please advice on what next to do and wat are the consequence, please help its really urgent

The visa was cancelled probably because she did not tell the BHC that she is 7months pregnant during the visa application, if she had, they wouldn't have given her visa. They basically think that she is going to the UK to have her baby and use NHS resource. I don't think there is anything she can do now, other than having her baby in Nigeria and see what happens in future interms of re-applying again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by gandoki1: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hi all,

i just got admission for a post graduate diploma in the uk by distance learning. i have to attend a 2 days compulsory residential workshop at the begining of the first module in september. from what i've read, the category of visa i'll be applying for is the student visitor type.

1. i can afford to pay my tution fee and also buy my flight ticket before visa application, I've also paid for 4 nights in the accommodation provided by the school. i dont have an employer presently. i just finished the NYSC programme. my spouse is my sponsor and she has a very comfortable and steady income in the oil and Gas sector.

what other things do you guys think i need to put in place. pls feel free to ask me any question. i'll be much obliged to answer. thanks!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by rockstand: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2010

justwise thank 4 the advice, but my uncle is worried about reapplying again, i would lik to know what steps he is to take

since he and his wife's visa were both cancelled, (they applied together) should they wait a while to apply and for how long, besides can he apply without his wife , how should he go about it.

he would like to go to the uk in August.

abeg make una give  advice

God Bless smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
rockstand:

justwise thank 4 the advice, but my uncle is worried about reapplying again, i would lik to know what steps he is to take
since he and his wife's visa were both cancelled, (they applied together) should they wait a while to apply and for how long, besides can he apply without his wife , how should he go about it.he would like to go to the uk in August.abeg make una give advice
God Bless smiley

Were they given a paper stating why the visa was cancelled?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoAlata(f): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2010
Most airlines wouldn't carry a pregnant woman that far advanced anyway. It differs from airline to airline so even if the visa weren't cancelled, they (or she) may still not have been able to fly.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by gandoki1: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
gandoki1:

Hi all,

i just got admission for a post graduate diploma in the uk by distance learning. i have to attend a 2 days compulsory residential workshop at the begining of the first module in september. from what i've read, the category of visa i'll be applying for is the student visitor type.

1. i can afford to pay my tution fee and also buy my flight ticket before visa application, I've also paid for 4 nights in the accommodation provided by the school. i dont have an employer presently. i just finished the NYSC programme. my spouse is my sponsor and she has a very comfortable and steady income in the oil and Gas sector.

what other things do you guys think i need to put in place. pls feel free to ask me any question. i'll be much obliged to answer. thanks!

hey all, i need you guys opinion. thanks!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
gandoki1:

hey all, i need you guys opinion. thanks!

Have a look at this website and see if it helps: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/student-visitors/eligibility/
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
gandoki1:

Hi all,

Gone are the days when visa applicants are required to buy flight tickets to support their applications, but now, it is no longer a requirement because, (unlike before) economic class tickets are not refundable. So, i do not encourage you to buy flight ticket prior to visa issuance because, you do not want to risk forfeiting your ticket, do you?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoAlata(f): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

Gone are the days when visa applicants are required to buy flight tickets to support application.

So that's why the Nigerian High Commission did not ask me for the tickets. My husband said I should take our e-tickets along but I told him it wasn't one of the requirements. At least it shows they have a heart cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by gandoki1: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2010
thanks Guys!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by BabaIbada: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2010
Hi there,
I'm due to apply for UK student visa having met virtually all the requirements. However, I just discovered that exchange rate is a bit higher than what it was when I banked the money bringing about shortage of 25000, pls can this be a problem? Then, my brother, a senior staff in Schlumberger deposited the money into my account, will it be wise for me to ask him to give me letter of support with his payslip and have them included in the documents I'll submit? Pls I need ur views coz I'm planning to make the application next week.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2010
Baba Ibada:

Hi there,
I'm due to apply for UK student visa having met virtually all the requirements. However, I just discovered that exchange rate is a bit higher than what it was when I banked the money bringing about shortage of[b] 25000[/b], pls can this be a problem? Then, my brother, a senior staff in Schlumberger deposited the money into my account, will it be wise for me to ask him to give me letter of support with his payslip and have them included in the documents I'll submit? Pls I need your views coz I'm planning to make the application next week.

Complete the required amount, the BHC will only use the current exchange rate, e.g today's exchange rate.

Get the sponsor's letter from your brother and his payslip or active bank statement. Its the right thing to do
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by BabaIbada: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
Thanks Justwise,
Does it mean I can deposit the remaining amount into my account without violating the 28 day rule coz the the money is 28 days now and I want to apply next week?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
Baba Ibada:

Thanks Justwise,
Does it mean I can deposit the remaining amount into my account without violating the 28 day rule coz the the money is 28 days now and I want to apply next week?

Since you applying for Sept admission, you can still pay in that money and wait till end of July to apply for visa, if you apply next week without the required amount, you will be refused a visa and that will cost you more
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liamigua: 2:22am On Jul 02, 2010
Thanks Everyone, Wrote my appeal myself and the ECM overturned the ECO's decision without sending it to UK for appeal process, Entry clearance has been issued grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DaFabulous: 4:06am On Jul 05, 2010
Hi House,

Pls i need advice, I applied 4 a settlemt visa, he got refused under paragraph 320(7B) for overstaying, therefore on the balance of probabilities the ECO is not satisfied I am the spouse of my sponsor or meet the requirement 281(i) of HC395

I have appeal in Abuja, the appeal have not been forward to AIT cos I have called AIT to find out the progress of the appeal. it is now 3 weeks i submitted the appeal, but the BHC Abuja said it is under review, Can anyone advice how long does it take ECM to review if he/she will overturned the initial decision. On my grounds of appeal both my and wify family wrote letter to say the marriage is genuine and it is not for convience. I did thesame in my grounds of appeal and also state paragraph 320(7B) shud not apply to spouse applicants under paragraph 320(7C). Do u think the decision will be overturned by the ECM and how long will it take.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by segzeybaba(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2010
DaFabulous:

Hi House,

Pls i need advice, I applied 4 a settlemt visa, he got refused under paragraph 320(7B) for overstaying, therefore on the balance of probabilities the ECO is not satisfied I am the spouse of my sponsor or meet the requirement 281(i) of HC395

I have appeal in Abuja, the appeal have not been forward to AIT cos I have called AIT to find out the progress of the appeal. it is now 3 weeks i submitted the appeal, but the BHC Abuja said it is under review, Can anyone advice how long does it take ECM to review if he/she will overturned the initial decision. On my grounds of appeal both my and wify family wrote letter to say the marriage is genuine and it is not for convience. I did thesame in my grounds of appeal and also state paragraph 320(7B) shud not apply to spouse applicants under paragraph 320(7C). Do u think the decision will be overturned by the ECM and how long will it take.

You should never be refused under paragraph 320 7B if you are applying for a settlement visa, the ECO got it wrong, maybe he/she was tryna refuse u under 370 11, i dont know. But it all depends on your past immigration history, 281i is pretty straightforward, include your marriage certificate and relationship evidence.

The decision should be easily overturned as its an error by the ECO, it can take upto 1month for your case to be reviewed by the ECM.

Goodluck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DaFabulous: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2010
Thanks for your reply Segzeybaba, I hope the ECM cannot change it to 320(11) on review cos my immigration history is not very good. I am believing in God to touch them to overturn it on time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2010
DaFabulous:

Thanks for your reply Segzeybaba, I hope the ECM cannot change it to 320(11) on review cos my immigration history is not very good. I am believing in God to touch them to overturn it on time.
My case is 10 times worse than yours, after nearly two years in 9ja ,3 courts sessions and three appeals,one from me and two from the secretary of state,I won the right to return,I still came back, so fingers crossed it shall be well with your family.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Itjunkie: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
The videos in this website might be helpful for 'Visa applicants'

http://www.immigrationinuk.info

just thought i should share!

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
Why not check this web site www.touristvisas.info
It worked for me. I live in the US right now
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2010
Peeps, i have finally been rejected, I will share part of my refusal with you and lessons to be drawn. Nigerian banks they confirm your account details to embassy, both balance, transaction. i had 5 million in my account, started transaction like remove 2.5mil, put 1.5 mil again and like that back and forth. But as at the time i applied my statement show 5 mil and that one na confirm. Guys leave the fund for 2 weeks and you are good to go. Am 100% sure my bank tell embassy my balance. They said i disposed part of my fund at a particular period and i have insufficient fund, how them take no say my account they run insufficiently below their requirement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.