Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,217 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277884 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2007
@debony
the ait can actually tell you the outcome of your appeal either via phone or email, if you send an email it would take 5 working days at most.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbaby(f): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hi, good people of Naira land.

Akolawole, Londoncool, Mr. Pataki, VOR, Funkymama where are you?

I posted my case here around July 26, you could pls visit the post for clearity.

Recently I got a letter from AIT saying there was a error in the conclusion of the appeal and that
there will be another sitting in two months time. I called my lawyer and he said I should get an updated statement of
account of my sponsor, etc. Meanwhile I have changed my job from the company that gave me leave to study in the Uk, I dont know of what advantage/disadvantage that could be.

Lelele pls advise, you are sure aware of the gist from the onset 'cause you contibuted too then.

Also, VOR pls contact me on apj277@yahoo.com, you volunteered to assist me on this issue.

Thanks all.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
@Brownbaby

HERE IS YOUR CASE AGAIN.
############################################################################

Hi, Kudos to you guys for your advise on this thread.

Muyiwabank, funkybaby,mr. Pataki, Londoncool,Akolawole baba, VOR and others, I need your advise too.

I applied for UK student visa to a college in Uk in 2005, was called for interview and was eventually refused in August

2005 (I paid oneyear tuition fee in full o, hmm!, i'm working with a airline and I had my company's approval letter to go

on study leave attached, and my father as my sponsor whose statement of account and other documents were also

submitted, his company letter (airline too) confirming he is still working and is capable of sponsoring his daughter and other vital

documents i.e. admission letter from school, receipt of one year tuition payment, receipt showing reservation of hostel

though rent not paid yet, evidence that i've been to the UK before though a long time ago) with option to appeal on the basis that:

he (ECO) doesn't think i'll return because i'm not married,

and he doesn't think my father will want to spend so much money on me(ridiculous ain't it).

he doesn't think I will not fall back to depending on Public fund etc.

I appealed through a lawyer who took 600pounds for that service, hmm! it was an oral hearing. after a long time, I was

told by my lawyer that we lost the appeal and he filed in for another on the basis that the judge could not see well and

therefore could not digest the content of my document well, blabla bla, so there was going to be a 'RECONSIDERATION

HEARING' slated for April 2007 and i'm to pay the lawyer another 600 pounds. All the while AIT always sends me copies
of dates of these hearings i.e the first and then the reconsideration hearing, I would have doubted the reconsideration hearing of a thing. (My lawyer is based in the UK).

My problem now is my lawyer and the AIT itself.

Obviously the lawyer is dubious (because i've not come accross any one testifying having payed such ridiculous amount on this thread). I hesitated paying the amount since I could not see any progress in the whole thing, but with persuasions and my helplessness i paid N50,000 and to him I have to balance N100,00.

Until I came across this topic on nairaland I never thought of calling the AIT.

Presently I don't know the position of my appeal, (2) what do you think I could be the outcome considering the length of time. Less I forget I had to defer my admission.
####################################################################

My Response

Even though you didnt supply us with the notice of refusal AS IT WAS WRITTEN ON THE REFUSAL NOTICE

Summary is not enough.

By and large, you should win this appeal.

I dont know if your Lawyer is a Solictor or just a member of OISC.

£600 is not too much for Oral hearing.

Let see the complete refusal but dont rule out Re-applying though.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by luvlawyer(f): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2007
@debouy
this has taken a long time, if you are based in naija it would cost u a lot to reach these people
you could call the AIT on this numble or log on to their site to find out more (0845 6000 877)

give them the reference of your appeal, date of birth, passport number
date that the appeal was submitted etc,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by luvlawyer(f): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2007
Brownbaby

HERE IS YOUR CASE AGAIN.

I applied for UK student visa to a college in Uk in 2005,

a college of university?

was called for interview and was eventually refused in August

2005 (I paid oneyear tuition fee in full o, hmm!, i'm working with a airline and I had my company's approval letter to go

on study leave attached, and my father as my sponsor whose statement of account and other documents were also

submitted, his company letter (airline too) confirming he is still working and is capable of sponsoring his daughter and other vital

documents i.e. admission letter from school, receipt of one year tuition payment, receipt showing reservation of hostel

though rent not paid yet, evidence that i've been to the UK before though a long time ago) with option to appeal on the basis that:

i hope you got a refund from the university?

he (ECO) doesn't think i'll return because i'm not married,

discrimination

and he doesn't think my father will want to spend so much money on me(ridiculous ain't it).

there should be proof even if this sounds ridiculous (by the way this people could be stupidooo)

he doesn't think I will not fall back to depending on Public fund etc.

arguable

I appealed through a lawyer who took 600pounds for that service, hmm! it was an oral hearing. after a long time, I was

£600 is ok

told by my lawyer that we lost the appeal and he filed in for another on the basis that the judge could not see well ??and

you were stupid to believe that

therefore could not digest the content of my document well, blabla bla, so there was going to be a 'RECONSIDERATION

HEARING' slated for April 2007 and i'm to pay the lawyer another 600 pounds.

this smells of fraud and i bet this 'lawyer' is from where?

this standard is strange of a UK lawyer
then again when some humans are advicing the desperate and blind, they take advantage!

the first £600 should have been enough if at all there is a second hearing because the case has not been completed[/b]
don't be fooled!

All the while AIT always sends me copies

of dates of these hearings i.e the first and then the reconsideration hearing, I would have doubted the reconsideration hearing of a thing.
(My lawyer is based in the UK). was that why u didnt doubt?

My problem now is my lawyer and the AIT itself.

your lawyer is more of a problem than the AIT my dear

Obviously the lawyer is dubious (because i've not come accross any one testifying having payed such ridiculous amount on this thread). I hesitated paying the amount since I could not see any progress in the whole thing, but with persuasions and my helplessness i paid N50,000 and to him I have to balance N100,00.

what was the outcome of the so called 'reconsideration'?

Until I came across this topic on nairaland I never thought of calling the AIT.

Presently I don't know the position of my appeal, (2) what do you think I could be the outcome considering the length of time. Less I forget I had to defer my admission.
####################################################################

your case has taken too long its meant to be appealed within 28 days,
and i have never heard of a case that lasts more than 2 years!!!

deal with AIT yourself call them up,
Give them your date of birth, name reference to your appeal etc
go on their website.

spend the more money speaking to AIT than your lawyer
our people always tend to take advantage of us what a shame!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debouy: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2007
Thanks Guys, My sponsor actually called melast night that my appeal was denied.He says wecoulddoareconsideration.
But i think the whole process is getting very long, do i stand a better chance if i re-applied formy student visa again?
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:35am On Sep 07, 2007
@Luvlawyer

Thanks Babe for your advice most expecially the "discrimination one". I intend not to mention it until i see the refusal word for word.

I doubt if ECO will state that in refusal but i have seen one of them who says "Nigerians dont know the meaning of cousins,all of them are related",
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by luvlawyer(f): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2007
@Akolawole,
do not doubt these ECO i go even discriminate and say most of them are idiots and do not understand what the law says,

the statement you mentioned "Nigerians don't know the meaning of cousins,all of them are related". is gross!
and i believe they would write such things because they know that (make i talk dis 1 4 pidgin) awon olodo na-im sum of us be!

and there is 1% chance that we will take it up! the truth is i have seen worse written abt naijas.
guess wha? most people writing these are naijas! so dont be fooled!
yeye bush people!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2007
@Luvlawyer

He wrote that statement" Nigerians dont bla bla bla " in his explanatory statement.

But to write " you are not married" Na wa o.

No be Naija dey write that o.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2007
@all
i know u guys will think this suggestion is 'iffy' but dont u just get the feeling that the ait has suddenly become tough on applicants.
@brownbaby
Nice to kow that the ait made a mistake in your case, but i dont think you should be worried a review of the case doesn't neccessarily require new documents, you can however supply it if you feel it would enhance your case. Are u still with that lawyer?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by queentayo: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2007
kindly advise, if it is okay for me to submit my application 2 weeks before expiration of visa for hsmp extension

i need to include one more payslip in my application and i can only get this two weeks before my visa expires, do you think this is enough time to apply for hsmp flr or should i go ahead and submit using a letter from my employer as alternative for the last payslip

looking forward to your counsel
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2007
queentayo:

kindly advise, if it is okay for me to submit my application 2 weeks before expiration of visa for hsmp extension

i need to include one more payslip in my application and i can only get this two weeks before my visa expires, do you think this is enough time to apply for hsmp flr or should i go ahead and submit using a letter from my employer as alternative for the last payslip

If you are already in the UK on HSMP and want to extend it, I would advise you to also post your question on the HSMP part of this forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/index.php?sid=1377300b73fe6f2a13c22965079e8914 . You may get additional information. I don't know much about the HSMP rules.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:22am On Sep 11, 2007
queentayo:

Second post on NL? shocked

Yes you can still send it two weeks to the time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sherocks: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2007
Hi All

Thanks so much for all your invaluable advice, its been most insightful.

While a lot of cases here are based on refusal of student visas, my sister’s own is quite the opposite.

This is her story:

1996 – Got a student visa to study Law in the UK
2000 – Graduated and went back home
2001 – Went to the UK on a visitors visa and overstayed on it.
2001 – Went back home and tried backdating it but unknown to her, her passport itself was tampered with but she didn’t notice as most of her visas looked intact
2002 – Tried to renew her visitor’s visa but was refused based on the grounds that the stamps on her pasport were forgeries.
2006 – Tried applying for a Working Holiday Visa but was refused based on the following resaons which I thought were just excuses.
• She didn’t state all the places she would visit as a tourist.
• Didn’t convince the ECO that she would come back after 2 years
• No evidence of working in Nigeria, which was one of the reasons she wanted to come to the UK to work a bit to make some money in order start a small scale business in Nigeria

Well, we put it down to what happened in 2001 but the ECO denied it. She tried appealing but the ECO’s decision was upheld.

She has now decided to apply for the HMSP but we don;t know what documents are needed.

Could you lovely people advice ??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 13, 2007
she rocks:

Hi All

Thanks so much for all your invaluable advice, its been most insightful.

While a lot of cases here are based on refusal of student visas, my sister’s own is quite the opposite.

This is her story:

1996 – Got a student visa to study Law in the UK
2000 – Graduated and went back home
2001 – Went to the UK on a visitors visa and overstayed on it.
2001 – Went back home and tried backdating it but unknown to her, her passport itself was tampered with but she didn’t notice as most of her visas looked intact
2002 – Tried to renew her visitor’s visa but was refused based on the grounds that the stamps on her pasport were forgeries.
2006 – Tried applying for a Working Holiday Visa but was refused based on the following resaons which I thought were just excuses.
• She didn’t state all the places she would visit as a tourist.
• Didn’t convince the ECO that she would come back after 2 years
• No evidence of working in Nigeria, which was one of the reasons she wanted to come to the UK to work a bit to make some money in order start a small scale business in Nigeria

Well, we put it down to what happened in 2001 but the ECO denied it. She tried appealing but the ECO’s decision was upheld.

She has now decided to apply for the HMSP but we don;t know what documents are needed.

Could you lovely people advice ??

She shouldnt have overstayed on the visiting visa

Uk presume that granting a student visa is for the purpose of returning to your home country not an avenue to return

|From your sisters history it seems she wants to return to the UK by all means

By the way the reasons for denial for WHM were not excuses
Its called WORKING HOLIDAY MAKER
-This presumes that you are visiting the uk as part of a holiday it just allows you to take up parttime work so as not to use public funds

I hope your sister is working presently in Nigeria

From past knowledge the minute BHC can prove a forgery then chances of visa approval are zilch
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by queentayo: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2007
Thank you Akolawole and Tats for your counsel

To the lady whose sister is a lawyer and wants to apply for HSMP it is best to visit the site
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/ as there are sometimes changes as to what is needed as evidence. She could also type 'HSMP guidelines' into googles

1st - She needs to take her time to study the guidelines and
2ndly-please talk to others so as to have a good understandiing and provide the correct evidence.

Wishing her the best
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Banderas(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2007
I strongly advise lawyers not to consider moving to the UK. Your years of study and experience will amount to nothing here, as they simply have little regard for anyone with foreign qualifications.

Also be careful with HSMP - I know a few people who got in with HSMPs, and have been unable to meet the minimum expectations. The UK has become rather harsh on immigration.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2007
@Salsera

Thanks for your advice.

@She Rocks

(1) Did your Sister own up to that forgery?

(2) How is the Passport tampered with? How?

(3) What has she written in her Visa forms to defend ECO's worries?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2007
I have read all your post in this forum, you guys are really wonderful especially "mrpataki smiley as well as akolawole smiley but the unfortunate thing is dat i discovered dis site after lodging my application.
However i was refused based on the fact that the sponsor will not be willing to exhaust all of his fund in regards to my living xpenses & tuition. My statement actually had fund that will jst be able to takkia of the whole xpenses including the tution.My skul is suppose to resume 17 sept 07. i was given the right to appeal but i feel appeal is a total waste of time & resources. I think reapplying is beta option for me as i have contacted my Dads (sponsors) lawyer to add a covering letter before i reapply notifying the ECO that d fund was categorically reserved to finance my studies whilst in th UK and of which the ECO didnt consider the part payment 1500GBP out of the 5800GBP.PLZZZZ I NEDD RESPONSE
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2007
@AKOLAWOLE

thank you but you know that am just a observant bystander
na una be guru
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princeonx: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2007
Its never a must that a Country will/should issue a visa to an applicant regardless of how genuine your documents are!No Country is obiligated to give anybody a Visa to their country! You might not find it on their visa application forms but go to their web-site and read their policies! Even the fee is not refundable when a visa is denied.
My cousin was denied a Nigeria visa last December. He was born in America by both Nigerian (igbo) parents, his birth cert has his Igbo parents name still they came up with some excuses for their action. The $180 or so visa fee ofcox is nonrefundable, two weeks latter we got him a passport from Nigeria for his trip!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sherocks: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2007
Hi again

Thanks everyone that responded to my post. May God always bring you help in time of need. This is the first time I have spoken with anyone apart from my family with regards to this my sister’s plight.

In reply to your Qs.

@ salsera, you’re right. I guess the ECO was justified in refusing the visa based on that but he alse stated a lot of other reasons which I thought were absurd. I don’t remember them but I’ll get my sister to send a copy.

No, she’s not working at the moment and hasn’t been for a while.

Thanks queentayo for the link. I’ll forward it to her.

@Akolawole.
1. No, she didn’t own up to the forgery as she was oblivious to it. She didn’t know her passport had been tampered with and it wasn’t until she applied that she was told by the ECO.
2. The student visa was allegedly removed and put back.
3. In fact, she wrote an epistle though this was after she was denied the visa and this was to appeal against the ECO’s decision. She wrote so much that I don’t remember everything. I will ask her to send me copies of everything she submitted.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:21am On Sep 14, 2007
prince_onx:

two weeks latter we got him a passport[b] from Nigeria[/b] for his trip!

Do you know what you did is Illegal?

salsera:

na una be guru

Na God be guru.

If you dont know, i am learning here as well.

When you dey show up now? Please email me.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:25am On Sep 14, 2007
she rocks:

@Akolawole.
1. No, she didn’t own up to the forgery as she was oblivious to it. She didn’t know her passport had been tampered with and it wasn’t until she applied that she was told by the ECO.
2. The student visa was allegedly removed and put back.
3. In fact, she wrote an epistle though this was after she was denied the visa and this was to appeal against the ECO’s decision. She wrote so much that I don’t remember everything. I will ask her to send me copies of everything she submitted.

Let see her many statements, by the way did she told them any time the airline she took to UK?

Please try to remove her identity from the statement.

How did she appeal? Paper or Oral hearing?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2007
PLZ AKOLAWOLE I NEED RESPONSE FROM UUUUU,
I was refused based on the fact that the sponsor will not be willing to exhaust all of his fund (SAVINGS) in regards to my living xpenses,accomodation & tuition. My statement actually had fund that will jst be able to takkia of the whole xpenses including the tution.My skul is suppose to resume 17 sept 07. i was given the right to appeal but i feel appeal is a total waste of time & resources cos of the time frame. I think reapplying is a beta option for me as i have contacted my Dads (sponsors) lawyer to add a covering letter before i reapply notifying the ECO that d fund was categorically reserved to finance my studies whilst in th UK and of which the ECO didnt consider the part payment 1500GBP out of the 5800GBP which was on the receipt from the school. PLZZZZ I NEED RESPONSE
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sherocks: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2007
@Akolawole

No, she didn't at any time tell them what airline she's travelled with.

I will get all the details from her this weekend but not before Sunday and post them.

Very many thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2007
eryck:

PLZ AKOLAWOLE I NEED RESPONSE FROM UUUUU,
      I was refused based on the fact that the sponsor will not be willing to exhaust all of his fund (SAVINGS) in regards to my living xpenses,accomodation & tuition. My statement actually had fund that will jst be able to takkia of the whole xpenses including the tution.My skul is suppose to resume 17 sept 07.

i was given the right to appeal but i feel appeal is a total waste of time & resources because of the time frame. I think reapplying is a beta option for me  as i have contacted my Dads (sponsors) lawyer to add a covering letter before i reapply notifying the ECO that d fund was categorically reserved to finance my studies whilst in th UK and of which the ECO didnt consider the part payment 1500GBP out of the 5800GBP which was on the receipt from the school. PLZZZZ I NEED RESPONSE

It is very difficult responding because the information given is too vague for me.

I dont know so many information about this application and i will stop responding to such.

Is it a college or University?

Is accommodation fully paid or NOt arranged at all?

So many questions.

#Who told you re-applying is always better?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2007
I am sure the ECO will say something like " in accordance to British council's recommenadation bla bla bla"

The ECO said that in accordance to British council's section 57 you have satifactorily convinvced me that your sponsor will be willing to exhaust all of his savings for your education,
The statement had the actual amount that would jst be enuf for the tuition,accomondation & living xpenses,
everytin amounted to 10500GBP

Is it a college or University? Its is a college precisely Liverpool college (MBA)

Is accommodation fully paid or NOt arranged at all? actually not paid bt there was letter from the skul showing that i have made arrangement with the skul in regards to accomondation. (i.e it has been arranged)

So many questions.

#Who told you re-applying is always better? Appealing takes too long

I have now decided to use anoda of my DAD's statement with the former for the reapplication and also a covering note from my Dad's lawyer.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hi all, back from big brother sabbatical (methinks that was the same reason Mr Akolawole disappeared of the radar too wink), big brother really sucked this year, didn't like the way Charley was treated, anyways it's all done and dusted. I hope y'all had a nice summer holiday.

Congratulations to all the success stories in the house. Still trying to declutter my brain and have not really had the time to fully peruse the forum, but to kelly24 ~ if you missed the chance to include the document with the appeal/reconsideration bundle, i think you still have a chance to include it as part of further documents to be sent off or to take along copies to the hearing. I know that it would be permitted at the hearing.

~brownsugar ~1) For your solicitor to have been able to keep your case alive at the embassy for the past two years is no mean feat, and gives me the feeling that your solicitor is not a quack.

2) The Eco is legally entitled to consider a student's marital status to enable him determine whether they would return home after their studies under par 57 of the act, BUT, he was wrong to apply this to you, because this element of the law no longer apply to degree students as they are allowed to work for a year after their studies.

3) Grab Vor's offer of one on one help with all the might you can muster, such opportunity is rare as a hen's teeth.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2007
help anyone

please where is the log out button again? been a long time, can't seem to find it
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2007
@akolawole
i'm in london as i post

a brief visit

i'll send you a mail later
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princeonx: 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2007
Akolawole: How is getting him a passport from Nigeria Illegal? the passport office asked for an application, two passport pictures, the fee, copy of his parents birth certificate or passport, his own birth certificate with the parents name as proff of biological parents! How is that illegal? People cross from all over african counties and get Nigerian passport in a day or two with money, people come to U.S to have their babies and go back to Nigerian with only the American birth Certificate with no problem! but a Nigerian, American born can't get one? I'm I still talking to the same guy I don't think so! Change topic pls!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.