Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,351 members, 7,853,546 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277688 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2007
prince_onx:

Akolawole: How is getting him a passport from Nigeria Illegal? the passport office asked for an application, two passport pictures, the fee, copy of his parents birth certificate or passport, his own birth certificate with the parents name as proff of biological parents! How is that illegal? People cross from all over african counties and get Nigerian passport in a day or two with money, people come to US to have their babies and go back to Nigerian with only the American birth Certificate with no problem! but a Nigerian, American born can't get one? I'm I still talking to the same guy I don't think so! Change topic please!

OK!

Topic has been changed. That the Nigerian structure has a weak ground in issuance of passport, does not make what he did LEGAL. It is highly illegal, and we maintain it so. Hope he enjoyed his stay in the country. undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 7:47am On Sep 15, 2007
[size=16pt]Please ''we'' can not offer the little advice we have here, if you cannot state fully what your notice of refusal contains. Giving a vague summary based on your own  biased conviction about the ECO's writeup does not help out in issuance of advice![/size]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2007
[b]PLZ I NEED RESPONSEEE FROM U GUYSSSSS IN THE HOUSEEEE,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2007
pahtahkee:

[size=16pt]Please ''we'' can not offer the little advice we have here, if you cannot state fully what your notice of refusal contains. Giving a vague summary based on your own biased conviction about the ECO's writeup does not help out in issuance of advice![/size]

Thank you Baba.

I tire for these our people.

How that end now? Please beware of dem girls o.

Legalised Prostitution and their very powerful police.

All the best.

I will soon go on another sabatical o. Ask our other friends to come over to keep the Thread alive .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2007
My cousin was denied a Nigeria visa last December. He was born in America by both Nigerian (igbo) parents, his birth cert has his Igbo parents name still they came up with some excuses for their action. The $180 or so visa fee ofcox is nonrefundable, two weeks latter we got him a passpo[/b]rt from Nigeria for his trip!

prince_onx:

[b]How is getting him a passport from Nigeria Illegal? [/b]the passport office asked for an application, two passport pictures, the fee, copy of his parents birth certificate or passport, his own birth certificate with the parents name as proff of biological parents! [b]How is that illegal?
People cross from all over african counties and get Nigerian passport in a day or two with money, people come to US to have their babies and go back to Nigerian with only the American birth Certificate with no problem! but a Nigerian,  American born can't get one? I'm I still talking to the same guy

As much as i dont like unnecessary arguments but i will make few clarification though

There is absolutely no way anybody can get Naija passport LEGALLY from Nigeria passport office by submission of passport. It is no more allowed. The applicant must appear and take the photograph personally. I knew of somebody who is in jail now because instead of getting Naija passport In London(his place of resident). He sent some money and passport photographs. He is now at Holloway police station.

As much as i dont like unnecessary arguments but i will like to make some clarification.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2007
Akolawole:

Thank you Baba.

I tire for these our people.

How that end now? Please beware of them girls o.

Legalised Prostitution and their very powerful police.

All the best.

I will soon go on another sabatical o. Ask our other friends to come over to keep the Thread alive .

To survive here na God oh.

My opens wan jump out of its socket shocked shocked when I dey see them gurls for their red light district. embarassed

I should be on the forum for a little while. I wonder where londoncool, VOR, funkybaby all went to undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2007
eryck:

[b]PLZ I NEED RESPONSEEE FROM You GUYSSSSS IN THE HOUSEEEE,

Thanks for the compliment given to mrpataki. But what exactly do you want us to respond to again? You already want your dads friend who is a lawyer to write a covering letter. Do you think the covering letter from a lawyer moves the High Commission.

What makes you think re-applying will get you the Student visa. I dont even know the contents of your visa refusal notice, but I am sure it bothers on finance.

Whatever you are still not clear about, please post it here, for adequate suggestions.

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2007
@ All,

Please stop sending emails to my addy asking for UK Immigration advice. I only give my suggestions here not on emails.

I have learnt my lessons with responding to people through emails from Nairaland.

Many thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee234: 11:57pm On Sep 16, 2007
Hi everyone,
I have read through the thread and i know i can get some valuable advice. I have just been refused a study visa; my school resumes 1/10/07; the school is ready to grant me an extension of resumption date till 15/10/07.
Do you think i should still re-apply for the visa (hope it is not too late) OR
Should i defer the admission?
Which of these options do you think is best for me?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2007
Hello nairalanders, kudos 2 all participants. I have learnt a lot just by reading thru the threads u guys posted esp the gurus in d house… ;Dadowale, angryvor, winkmrpataki, coollondoncool, :ofunkylady,and all smiley others.
Well, I happen to need ur help, last week I was refused a student visa to the uk for my masters program., the reason 4 the refusal read thus………
‘’You stated that your uncle would be sponsoring your studies in the uk, you have submitted an acceptance letter from the university. This letter does not show how much your course is. I cannot access whether you have the funds for your studies without this information.
Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by paragraph 57[vii]’’

My dilemma is this, is this decision appealable ?, considering the fact that my offer letter didn’t actually bear the course cost, though an attached non letter headed paper showed the costs. If it is , what should I do to ensure a successful appeal.
Thank u
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ akolawole, vor, mrpataki , londoncool, funkybaby, and others.
I am here once more with a more detailed complaint.your help will be very well appreciated.
last week I was refused a student visa to the uk for my masters program., the reason 4 the refusal read thus………
‘’You stated that your uncle would be sponsoring your studies in the uk, you have submitted an acceptance letter from the university. This letter does not show how much your course is. I cannot access whether you have the funds for your studies without this information.
Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by paragraph 57[vii]’’

My dilemma is this, is this decision appealable ?, considering the fact that my offer letter didn’t actually bear the course cost, though a non letter headed paper showed the costs. If it is appelable , what should I do to ensure a successful appeal.

I am also scared of the following, though the ECO didn’t mention them.
. I submitted my uncle’s company account but with his personal statement,I didn’t submit his personal account, company registration, receipts,or letter of authority.
I am scared it might be used against me if I appeal.
Please i need help fast as i have barely a fortnight to appeal.
thank you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2007
@lovely?

you need to state the full details of the refusal as given to u

take time and type it out in the post

@pataki

maybe funkybaby has started NYSC
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2007
salsera:

@pataki

Yeah she had started it long long ago. Just came into the UK during her NYSC too. But am not sure whether she is back in Nigeria now or possibly still in the UK.

I will try her UK no this evening.

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2007
Mrpopular:

My dilemma is this, is this decision appealable ?, considering the fact that my offer letter didn’t actually bear the course cost, though a non letter headed paper showed the costs. If it is appelable , what should I do to ensure a successful appeal.

In your refusal pack, where you given a notice of appeal with it? Although most student visa refusal cases are always appealable. I rather find your question rather amusing.

To ensure a successful appeal, depends on how you go about in presenting your case, and what documents are used in supporting your case.

Whether the school letter headed paper does not show the fees of the school does not matter since the ECO did not use that as the major point of refusal in your case.

And also I think you are being economical with the truth here. Just my own view though.

Not legally binding neither is it the authoritative conclusion.

Many thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2007
I really think you should appeal the refusal if you were given an appeal form,try to get the other documents in regards to ur sponsorship that you didnt previously submit. Moreover make sure the statement u are submitting actually has more than enuf to takkia of ur tuition as well as ur accomondation & living expenses.
Since the ECO also made mention of you not been able to finance urself whilst in the UK.
Sorry to ask which skul is that? I really wonder why the tuition fees was not enlisted on the Letter Of Acceptance.
THANXXXXX
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2007
PLZ MrPATAKI,
Is it possible to reapply for visa with a different masters' prog after ur initial refusal. Even if it comin from thesame skul (liverpool)
Will the ECO see as as nt binding I dnt really knw if they could hold it as a sign of desperation cos the initial MBA prog is just once a year which means the next intake will be sept 2008. Which U & I knw is too far. Am really hell bent on this cos of the time frame.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2007
@eryck

Yes it matters.

It is very difficult to change a course. ECO will doubt your intention.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
eryck:

PLZ MrPATAKI,
Is it possible to reapply for visa with a different masters' prog after your initial refusal. Even if it comin from thesame skul (liverpool)
Will the ECO see as as nt binding I dnt really knw if they could hold it as a sign of desperation because the initial MBA prog is just once a year which means the next intake will be sept 2008. Which You & I knw is too far. Am really hell bent on this because of the time frame.

Yes it is a sign of desperation. Let me give you an insight into how the typical white man reasons. . . . . . . . . .

A typical white man will always think of what he is going to say before he/she spits it out. They take every of their action/words highly important. Thats is why they marvel at the way we do things in Nigeria, that we can just easily stop what we are doing earlier and want to start another one just like that.

I would advice you to apply to another school, which has a much earlier date prefarably Feb admission. The white man likes consistency, so at the embassy, your application has to show a great level of consistency. Which implies you staying with your MBA as proposed except you have good grounds for switching again, and you can adequately express it out.

Thats why Visa application is not something you can just jump into, it takes time and good preparation. A good example of such person here is PARIBUS. He was too detailed with his application. Excellento for him!

@ Akolawole,
Many thanks for the response here. I appreciate it a lot. It is simple simple matters like this Nigerian goof and make terrible errors on.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2007
Thank you for the response to my quest? I actually see reasons with u. That means i will have to wait till the nxt enrollment july 2008 phewwww!!!!!!! cry shocked cry (NA WAOH) Well let me weigh my options, if can get anoda skul where i cld enrol for Feb MBA intake, (CAN U GUYS HELP ME ON DAT) bt i will also play my part.

THANXXXXX @mrpataki @akolawale
You guys are Wonderful,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2007
eryck:

Thank you for the response to my quest? I actually see reasons with u. That means i will have to wait till the nxt enrollment july 2008 phewwww!!!!!!! cry shocked cry (NA WAOH) Well let me weigh my options, if can get another skul where i cld enrol for Feb MBA intake, (CAN You GUYS HELP ME ON DAT) bt i will also play my part.

THANXXXXX @mrpataki @akolawale
You guys are Wonderful,

My brother give all the thanks to God oh.
I am but just a vessel in His hands.

You can google out for schools in UK that have admission for Jan/Feb intake.
All the best brother.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2007
pahtahkee:

To survive here na God oh.

My opens wan jump out of its socket shocked shocked when I dey see them girls for their red light district. embarassed

I should be on the forum for a little while. I wonder where londoncool, VOR, funkybaby all went to undecided

salsera:

@lovely?

you need to state the full details of the refusal as given to u

take time and type it out in the post

@pataki

make una no vex.

i have been at a friend's place for some weeks now with no internet connection. angry angry
thank God, i am back to civilization again. how can anyone survive without the internet.

akolawole, and mrpataki
o ga o! una no fit call me. na wa o. spoilt my phone through a very silly mistake. lost all my numbers.
still very much in england.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
funkybaby:

make una no vex.

i have been at a friend's place for some weeks now with no internet connection. angry angry
thank God, i am back to civilization again. how can anyone survive without the internet.

akolawole, and mrpataki
o ga o! una no fit call me. na wa o. spoilt my phone through a very silly mistake. lost all my numbers.
still very much in england.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Make you no allow everyone know I no get calling credit now. I even have to top up my fone.

Sorry I have not called you oh. I will call you by this weekend. So you still dey that UK so. Nice to have you back. I still maintain my paroles about you oh. Anyways all that will be said offline. grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2007
piuso:

Tired of visa denial from the u.s. embassy? Tired of tricksters making you pay for fake visa to the u.s.? tired of been dissappointed due to some percieved biases on the part of the visa interview officials even when you are clean and have the right documents? then this is for you, Why waste time and money all for the u.s. visa procurement when you believe that its not possible to get it, ? why waste time and money giving con men and women the attention they don't deserve when you can go straight to the u.s. embassy to get the visa? by booking and attending the interview and then get the visa yu dream to get. the number one step is to pray for God's guidiance. then get the neccesary documents and get a fresh international passport. And if you think its not enough for you to get through then better not try to go for an interview until your subconscious has gotten to the level of maturity to getting all the faith you require for this feat.All this people telling you to pay later or by instalments are just trying to make money from you, without you going to the us embassy for interview is just time wasting . you can never go to the US without first going to get interviewed by embassy officials. Now We have been through this before and know what it takes to get to the u.s. The US embassy do respect supporting documents especially from top politicians in their own home country, government officials also, their own documents too as well as business conglomerates, for example a man went to the us embassy they knew he didnt have enough money But because he was having a supporting document from a u.s. congress man, his visa was approved, Now we have gotten to the level of providing such supporting documents due to our connections with certain cabals in the u.s, (government officials, politicians and business conglomerates), But its very expensive and its just as simple to get it accross to you, if you are in need of such documents then call, 07038434245 we will get you to the u.s. with ease,,,,,,,,,but you must make sure you have your own legal documents, ok, we will get you what you want through our contacts, abroad.[b][/b]

All this fake fake petty visa agents. They will tell you there are fake visa agents out there, yet they are the fake ones. lipsrsealed How can you just give your mobile no alone shocked, not even a landline no with it, no website, no office address, no official email addy, pack of nonsense.

To be standing infront of embassies giving flyout never do you? You now looking internet mugus
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2007
I initially took my application to abuja because of the fact that i was there for a workshop, but i want to re-apply now & i intend talking to LAGOS, will it jeopardise my apllication this time around?
I was previously refused entry because of funds, i submitted a statement that just showed the exact amount for my tuition & living expenses (10,100GBP) approx 3M Nairas. But i want to make anoda application with a better account, How much do u think is ok for the statement (savings account)

PLZ Mrpataki i need ur help
(MR LECTURER) jst kidding wink wink wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
@akolawole,funkybabymrpataki

i applied for a student visa for this sept session but was rejected for the following reasons

they said that i did nt include my employment slips,pay checks while i specifically mentiuoned that the funds for the total package(i.e tuition,accomodatione.t.c) would be funded by my dad and broda, (my reasons for putting that i was employed in the first place was because the application(i.e. vaf1) asked what i had been doing since my last degree(i.e. m.sc g.i.s in 2003) not knowing that my truthfulness will be turned around to be a reason for there refusal of the visa.

again they said that though my brodas acct is well funded that i shd hav gotten the consent of his wife also(yes it was a joint acct). then they said that my dads acct is fixed(its a fixed deposit of 3 m) and therefore nt considered as cash at hand.they also said that.

to me all that is bunkum, wetin u think?

i want to know if these are appealable grounds?

again must i get a lawyer in london to handle the appeal? what is d probability of getting a just hearing without a lawyer/sponsor/representative?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2007
@funkybaby, akolawole,mrpataki

i got the refusal notice on 18th of sept while they made the decision on the 5th of sept, my question is dis when appealing,does the 28 days from reciept star from the 5th or the 18th that i actually got the envelope from vac?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2007
buchio7:

@funkybaby, akolawole,mrpataki

i got the refusal notice on 18th of sept while they made the decision on the 5th of sept, my question is this when appealing,does the 28 days from reciept star from the 5th or the 18th that i actually got the envelope from vac?

Your appeal starts reading from the 18th of September, which was the date you recieved your application pack from VAC.
God Bless.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2007
eryck:

I initially took my application to abuja because of the fact that i was there for a workshop, but i want to re-apply now & i intend talking to LAGOS, will it jeopardise my apllication this time around?
I was previously refused entry because of funds, i submitted a statement that just showed the exact amount for my tuition & living expenses (10,100GBP) approx 3M Nairas. But i want to make another application with a better account, How much do u think is ok for the statement (savings account)

PLZ Mrpataki i need your help
(MR LECTURER) jst kidding wink wink wink

Just because I took it out to explain certain things about what relates to your case, you give me that terminology? undecided
I have been called all manners of names by individuals here on this forum. I would greatly appreciate it, if the mode of discussion is kept to the level of asking opinions, and nothing more than that. Really not in a good mood now to accept your ''just kidding'' phrase as to whatever you mean with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can submit your application to whichever British High Commission (Lagos or Abuja). So far you are legally resident in the country you are in, you are entitled to submit it in that country, where there is a British High Commission.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2007
mrpataki:

Just because I took it out to explain certain things about what relates to your case, you give me that terminology? undecided
I have been called all manners of names by individuals here on this forum. I would greatly appreciate it, if the mode of discussion is kept to the level of asking opinions, and nothing more than that. Really not in a good mood now to accept your ''just kidding'' phrase as to whatever you mean with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can submit your application to whichever British High Commission (Lagos or Abuja). So far you are legally resident in the country you are in, you are entitled to submit it in that country, where there is a British High Commission.

Guys - give it up to these guys (MrPataki, Akolawole et al) and quit passing unhelpful remarks. They offer their advice (and on all occassions very helpful insight) without issues. Appreciate this (and knowing fully well they might have chosen to ignore your posts or requests for the much needed info - but they chose to help) and recognize that the offhand remarks won't do nobody any good. Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:03am On Sep 22, 2007
paribus:

Guys - give it up to these guys (MrPataki, Akolawole et al) and quit passing unhelpful remarks. They offer their advice (and on all occassions very helpful insight) without issues. Appreciate this (and knowing fully well they might have chosen to ignore your posts or requests for the much needed info - but they chose to help) and recognize that the offhand remarks won't do nobody any good. Regards

Thanks paribus!
I usually give out your link to those who want to go to the UK for study. I tell them to go read your topic and see whether they meet the criterion you set out that. I know cases do differ though, but the point is, are they throughly thorough with their own application as the way you handled yours?

I accord a high level of respect to my Ogas: VOR and Akolawole. Though they may not know it, but I was patient to learn the ropes from them, while also using my own knowledge too as a support.

This site is free, but the advice given here, which I have been a priviledge of are worth millions in money value. If I start on my case here, Nairaland will run out of cyber pages. cheesy cheesy cheesy 

Hope you settling down wella now. I would be in UK this December though. embarassed embarassed sad
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 1:13am On Sep 22, 2007
@mrpataki
thank you for your reply, but i am worried you are doubting my sincerity. i really need help so i cant be hiding anything. i posted what the ECO wrote on my refusal letter without keeping back any sentence.i found it also odd to have been refused based on the content of my admission letter only.i have never heard of such before and thot u guys might due to your vast knowledge.
You asked if an appeal letter was given to me? yes it was and that's why i am seeking your advice to know if my case will be worth appealing.
i am hear to answer any questions . thank you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 1:33am On Sep 22, 2007
@ eryck.
the name of thr school is university of edinburgh.
i wrote them complaining about the letter they issued me. They are willing to send me another letter which would have the fees clearly stated.
My fear is whether the ECO's decision was wrong thereby making my case a good one or is it my school that is wrong . that's my dilemma

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.