Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277611 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 1:45am On Sep 22, 2007
Mrpataki and Mrpopular ? I smell a mouse !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 6:40am On Sep 22, 2007
@akolawole,funkybaby,mrpataki,paribus

please i need ur advise

i applied for a student visa for this sept session but was rejected for the following reasons

they said that i did nt include my employment slips,pay checks while i specifically mentiuoned that the funds for the total package(i.e tuition,accomodatione.t.c) would be funded by my dad and brother, (my reasons for putting that i was employed in the first place was because the application(i.e. vaf1) asked what i had been doing since my last degree(i.e. m.sc g.i.s in 2003) not knowing that my truthfulness will be turned around to be a reason for there refusal of the visa.

again they said that though my brodas acct is well funded that i should hav gotten the consent of his wife also(yes it was a joint acct). then they said that my dads acct is fixed(its a fixed deposit of 3 m) and therefore nt considered as cash at hand.they also said that.

to me all that is bunkum, wetin u think?

i want to know if these are appealable grounds?

again must i get a lawyer in london to handle the appeal? what is d probability of getting a just hearing without a lawyer/sponsor/representative?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2007
@ mrpopular,

Did the ECO state in the letter of refusal that he had made efforts to contact the school about how genuine the letter was? If NO,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Have no fear, both the ECO and the school were wrong. Based on what you have said here, you have a good ground of appeal.
There was a lack of oversight by the ECO in making his decision, also the school had a lack of foresight in drafting your admission letter, now you are the one suffering for both mistakes made on each organisations account.

Just my own view though. I don't know whether my Ogas would see this matter differently sha.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2007
Mc Omo:

Mrpataki and Mrpopular ? I smell a mouse !

I used to know a member of this forum who detested mouse----rats. Now I see a member who smells mouse. (mouse sniffer)

From Ajegunle to Alausa shocked shocked

So what mouse are you smelling? undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2007
@mrpataki
Am sorry if my compliment made u upset, thank you for atleast still answering my quest
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2007
@Mr popular
If u still have much time as against the resumption date, i wld personally advice to reapply instead of making appeal. bt if time is already against you try to appeal cos it will be definately overturn the ECO's decision if u clearly state out your appeal.
Best of LUCK!

I believe mrpataki will have sumtin to addd
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2007
@Mc omo
ohhhhhh U really think mr popular & mrpataki are the same persons using diffrent ID on the forum. Thouugh I think they are nt really dsame person.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2007
@mr pataki,akolawole,funkybaby,paribus

still waiting 4 ur response
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2007
@mr pataki,akolawole,funkybaby,paribus

again i noticed that on reciept of my documents on tuesday that they witheld the sponsorship letters from my dad n brother respectively delaying my appeal.

is dat right
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2007
@ buchio,
The ECO had good reasons for refusals. Fixed deposit is not enough for the ECO to show that you have funds for your education abroad.

The ECO was wrong in stating that you did not submit your payslips and other utility bills since the burden of financial stress for your education was on your brother and father. However, for stating that you were economically active by means of a paying job, the burden of proof was on you to show it by submitting your payslips, employment letter and all other stuffs.

As to your brothers account, the ECO again was right there too. It is a joint account between him and his wife. It ought also to be co-signed by your brothers wife that she is also in consent to allowing the money in the account be used for your education.

For the appeal, it is quite appealable. You will need amongst other things, that your brothers wife write a letter of consent that she is in support of using your brothers account who is her husband for supporting your education. It must include why they are willing to use such money for your education as well.

As to the withheld documents, the BHDC has the right to withhold any document which they feel has a good ground of evidence for their own argument.
Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2007
@ eryck,
Never mind, was not in a good mood yesterday to entertain any supposed jests or jokes. All the same, thanks for understanding.
All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2007
@ akolawole
please i would love it if you comment on my peculiar issue before i go ahead to file an appeal. i have been talking with mrpataki and he has helped alot, but 2 good heads are better than one. pls reply, this is my story oncemore,

@ akolawole, vor, mrpataki , londoncool, funkybaby, and others.
I am here once more with a more detailed complaint.your help will be very well appreciated.
last week I was refused a student visa to the uk for my masters program., the reason for the refusal read thus………
‘’You stated that your uncle would be sponsoring your studies in the uk, you have submitted an acceptance letter from the university. This letter does not show how much your course is. I cannot access whether you have the funds for your studies without this information.
Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by paragraph 57[vii]’’

My dilemma is this, is this decision winnable on appeal, considering the fact that my offer letter didn’t actually bear the course cost, though a non letter headed paper showed the costs. If it is appelable , what should I do to ensure a successful appeal.

I am also scared of the following, though the ECO didn’t mention them.
. I submitted my uncle’s company account but with his personal statement,I didn’t submit his personal account, company registration, receipts,or letter of authority.
I am scared it might be used against me if I appeal.
Please i need help fast as i have barely a fortnight to appeal.
thank you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2007
@mrpakati, Thank u for your prompt reply.
You asked if the ECO stated in the letter of refusal that he had made efforts to contact the school about how genuine the letter was?
well, the ECO did not state if he made efforts to contact the school about how genuine the letter stating my fees was, i am sure he did not , because if he did he would have been told that the amount there was correct.
I am still waiting for u partner akolawole to reply to my problem.
So mrpakati, i m glad you think i have a good case,so if i appeal, what documents do you think i should submit to help with my case?
Can i file an appeal myself from here without hiring any Lagos lawyer , because i can see you guys do not advocate for such
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2007
Mrpopular:

@mrpakati, Thank u for your prompt reply.
You asked if the ECO stated in the letter of refusal that he had made efforts to contact the school about how genuine the letter was?
[b]well, the ECO did not state if he made efforts to contact the school about how genuine the letter stating my fees was, i am sure he did not , because if he did he would have been told that the amount there was correct.[/b]I am still waiting for u partner akolawole to reply to my problem.
So mrpakati, i m glad you think i have a good case,so if i appeal, what documents do you think i should submit to help with my case?
Can i file an appeal myself from here without hiring any Lagos lawyer , because i can see you guys do not advocate for such

The ECO is under no obligation to contact your school, sponsors or any other third party.
The ECO can in certain circumstances use his discretion to do this but he/she doesn't have to.
The obligation is always on the applicant to provide satisfactory evidence.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2007
@mr pataki

thank you very much for ur very forthright and incisive analysis. i will appeal the decision but the second thing i want to learn from u is must i have a lwayer to appeal the decision since i am sending it to the tribunal in louborough?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2007
VOR:

The ECO is under no obligation to contact your school, sponsors or any other third party.
The ECO can in certain circumstances use his discretion to do this but he/she doesn't have to.
The obligation is always on the applicant to provide satisfactory evidence.

@VOR
thank u for your contribution. so if i am correct from your own perspective, its not advisable for me to appeal.
what do you advice i do?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2007
@VOR,Pataki and others

I will be off on sabatical again from next monday.

Cheers
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2007
@ Akolawole,
pls respond to my question
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2007
Mr Popular

I have previously answered questions here on the implications of submitting
company accounts in support of an application for a visa. Essentially the ECO
regards a company as a separate legal entity from your sponsor and a company
resolution is required which confirms the directors are willing to use company
funds to pay for your education.

Please trawl through this thread for a more detailed response. Sorry I don't have
the time or inclination to go through 20 odd pages right now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mrpopular: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2007
@VOR
thank u 4 the advice, i have gone thru this thread that's why i was able to detect that i made a mistake by submitting a company's account.
if u understood my problem, then u should have noted that the ECO didnt mention that in his refusal.
My question to you which u have not answered is this, going by your comment that the ECO is under no obligation to contact my school, does it mean my case wont hold much water if i appeal?
Do you have any other advice for me?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 12:41am On Sep 23, 2007
Patako . . . I resemble Gamine ? I still dey vex with u o . . . @Eryck, methinks mrpataki using double ids ? Nah ~ Me was just phocking wiv his mind ! @Akola, u and dis ur sabbaticals sha !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2007
Mc Omo:

Patako . . . I resemble Gamine ? I still dey vex with u o . . .

Am oblivious as to the offence I committed in here. But I would like to tender my un-reserved apologies, if I had stepped on your toes or any of your cyber relatives on this forum. embarassed Hope that settles it. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 12:05am On Sep 24, 2007
@MrPataki
"Hope you settling down wella now. I would be in UK this December though."

Thanks, trying my very best, wish you a safe trip as well coming over here. Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buchio7(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2007
@mr pataki,akolawole,funkybaby,mr pataki

thank you very much for your very forthright and incisive analysis. i will appeal the decision but the second thing i want to learn from u is must i have a lwayer to appeal the decision since i am sending it to the tribunal in louborough?

waiting for ur reply
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ufuoslee(f): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2007
I appllied for uk student visa and i was refused and given a appeal form sayin 28 days by on the form the date of refusal was 10th of this month and the date i collected from the application was on the 20th should i could from that dat or from 10th dat iwas refusal.

When appealling am i to add my passport to it and the letter the school sent to me. pls i need your advice friends, and how to go on the appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2007
buchio7:

@mr pataki,akolawole,funkybaby,mr pataki

thank you very much for your very forthright and incisive analysis. i will appeal the decision but the second thing i want to learn from u is must i have a lwayer to appeal the decision since i am sending it to the tribunal in louborough?

waiting for your reply

You dont need a lawyer for your appeal. You can as well draft an appeal for it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2007
ufuoslee:

I appllied for uk student visa and i was refused and given a appeal form sayin 28 days by on the form the date of refusal was 10th of this month and the date i collected from the application was on the 20th should i could from that that or from 10th that iwas refusal.

When appealling am i to add my passport to it and the letter the school sent to me. please i need your advice friends, and how to go on the appeal.
I have just a min to spare, I will be back to your case soonest. But you dont need to submit your passport with the appeal documents.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ufuoslee(f): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2007
Quote from: ufuoslee on Today at 08:29:35 AM
I appllied for uk student visa and i was refused and given a appeal form sayin 28 days by on the form the date of refusal was 10th of this month and the date i collected from the application was on the 20th should i could from that that or from 10th that iwas refusal.

When appealling am i to add my passport to it and the letter the school sent to me. please i need your advice friends, and how to go on the appeal.

I have just a min to spare, I will be back to your case soonest. But you don't need to submit your passport with the appeal documents.

ok, just photo copy right, but i don,t know how to go about it and also how to draft the letter, can you pls send me your mail address so i can send the refusal letter to you so you couldlook at it cus i have been tryin to see if i can paste it here but is not workin,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ufuoslee(f): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2007
Am tryin to see post my refusal letter
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ufuoslee(f): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2007
friends
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2007
Ufuosele, are you online?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2007
You see, i was fast enough to read your refusal letter before you withdrew it, and i'm hereby going to give your my own advice. In consideration of the presentation of your application documents, i'm afraid that you don't stand a good chance in your appeal, the ECO obviously have many clean reasons to refuse your application. I advice you not to appeal such case, instead, re-apply and rectify the errors you made, use only original doccements (no photocopy), it's better not to apply at all than to use photocopy documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.