Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,255 members, 7,846,172 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277367 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2007
c4cancer79:

Ok I am sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to visualize the whole dilemma that I am in. (besides my english is not very good)
Thanks for the acknowledegment.

c4cancer79:

So what are my chances of getting Student dependent visa.
With a bank statement of 100GBP, its relatively too low.The ECO will definately capitalize on it. Try to sort out how you can send the money to her account over there, i guess that will help.

c4cancer79:

I was told that its UK's law that they can't break a family so being her husband they have to give me the visa, although there is no guarantee.

That is not a yardstick, you must meet up with the requirements.

c4cancer79:

1. Can a dependent is able to get the visa on its own bank statement which is not strong, or in other case be sponsored by someone else in the home country, rather than the student's bank statement.

it makes more sense if the student in qestion has a good bank statement, though yours could be added as well.

c4cancer79:

2. Will ECO really give preference and be easy on the student's spouse visa or with above situation he will simply refuse it.
There is no prefrential treatment, it will be treated based on its merit.

c4cancer79:

My wife got student visa and she is in UK and its been 8 months, she has only 6-7 months left in her visa period.
The visa period left (6-7 months ) is too short. If actually you have been able to stay for 8months without her.What do you think the ECO will say about that
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2007
c4cancer79:

4. No bank statement at all just merely 100GBP
5. Me neither possess a strong bank statement, only I can make some of my relatives to deposit nearly 5000GBP which will come at once means statement would be inconsistent.

So what are my chances of getting Student dependent visa. I was told that its UK's law that they can't break a family so being her husband they have to give me the visa, although there is no guarantee.

I have this forum briefly, but there are still some points that needs to be addressed in my case.

1. Can a dependent is able to get the visa on its own bank statement which is not strong, or in other case be sponsored by someone else in the home country, rather than the student's bank statement.

2. Will ECO really give preference and be easy on the student's spouse visa or with above situation he will simply refuse it.

Please if you want any additional details to clarify the situation do tell me. I am really in a situation where either I have to apply with whatever the docs I have or I will call my wife back crashing all the hopes, and drowning 4000GBP in total expenditure.

Man even if it should be considered your right to join your wife in the UK, but the UK embassy reserves the rights to temper your own rights with consideration on the balance of probabilities especially in the aspect of the bank statements involved.
(1) Neither of you have an imposing bank statement
(2) The 5000GBP that would be deposited into your account will be considered as money lodgment, and that would mean REFUSAL of visa in either situations.
  The ECO will likely sense that you're going to recourse to public funds or take illegal employments once in the UK. . .
   However, i do not advice you to give it up because, i don't know how many more opportunities you'd have. . , therefore, if you're really desperate to go to the UK, i'll suggest that you let you wife remain in the UK so that you may have a ground to fight for your right to join her there. Remember, the problem does not lie in her being in the UK, but on you being where you are, and your poor bank statements. So, try and see what you can do about it. Goodluck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2007
@c4caancer79,
Your case is something oh undecided If you ask yourself a question, with all you have on ground at the moment, as evidence to show for your application for a dependent student visa, would you be given the visa? You and I know the answer! NO!

However, I have heard of a case of a Nigerian pastor from one of the well known churches in Nigeria who applied for a visa to the UK with absolutely nothing in his bank account, and he was given! I am not saying you should try it out too, but at the mercy of not sounding too pessimistic to your case, I stated the above example.

You seem to sound knowledgeable now, following the experience you have gone through with the yeye consultants that tell you they have UK travel immigration experiences. Therefore, I would suggest you honestly sit down and weigh all the options for you. The onus lies on you to make your decision.

All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shescute4(f): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2007
firstly i must commend everyone who has contributed to this tread.its been very educative.please i'ld like to know how soon one can reapply 4 a visa if he/she has been refused one before.is it 3months or more.i'll appreciate accurate answers.thank u
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2007
shescute4:

firstly i must commend everyone who has contributed to this tread.its been very educative.please i'ld like to know how soon one can reapply 4 a visa if he/she has been refused one before.is it 3months or more.i'll appreciate accurate answers.thank u

There is no time limit to re-applying following a refusal from the BHC or BDHC. You can re-apply tomorrow, even if you have been refused today. But why waste your money again undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 03, 2007
@c4cancer

I would advice that you wait it out, its better than being refused

it may be hard for your wife but that's the reality of life abroad
let her finish her diploma and possibly move to a masters
get a good job with work permit and then you can consider applying as a spouse

in the meantime, start working hard were you are so u can survive and still support when she needs it.

Else let her return after her studies

cos there is NO FREE LUNCH abroad
and please stay on the right side of the law
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by c4cancer79(m): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2007
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions, and the conclusion of all the advices is that I should better wait. Ok I had a feeling that I should wait but wanted to confirm if there is any other solution. But my wife in UK having a hard time, even she made her mind to return and told me to find a solution or she is coming back but you can understand that its a big decision which literally means to start from zero again.

Somebody also suggested me to just apply for a visit visa to meet your wife rather than dependent visa with just some amount in your bank account and with a letter from my employer in the home country.

I want to know if the chances for getting the visit visa against the dependent visa are higher.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2007
c4cancer79:

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions, and the conclusion of all the advices is that I should better wait. Ok I had a feeling that I should wait but wanted to confirm if there is any other solution. But my wife in UK having a hard time, even she made her mind to return and told me to find a solution or she is coming back but you can understand that its a big decision which literally means to start from zero again.

Somebody also suggested me to just apply for a visit visa to meet your wife rather than dependent visa with just some amount in your bank account and with a letter from my employer in the home country.

I want to know if the chances for getting the visit visa against the dependent visa are higher.

Man, in your situation and condition, i suppose it would even be easier to obtain a join spouse visa than a visit (or tourist) visa because, considering your financial state, i don't see you eligible for a visiting visa. Your best bet is to keep on with your normal life and be patient for your wife to be a little bit established in the UK, and then, you can apply to join her.
  DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY VISA YET-WHETHER JOIN SPOUSE OR VISITING BECAUSE, A REFUSAL STAMP WON'T LOOK GOOD IN YOUR PASSPORT.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2007
mizkay:

Thanks - it is not something everyone can learn from and I have changed my mind so don't worry about being 'bothered' by someone from Nairaland.

I hope you did not feel offended with my response to you. Please if you felt offended, please let me know. If you still need to contact me, I would be available.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2007
@Pataki & others

Good job guys.

@Vicjustice

what is 6 months wait? cry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by madeojo: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2007
This is what the entry officer wrote

The cost of your ttution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor, namely your father, and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the Uk will be financed including your sponsor's bank statement and a letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance. However, these documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors' financial circumstances and commitments. in the adbsence of any other evidence of your sponsor's business, income or the origin of these funds, i m not statisfied that the evidence presented is a true reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances or that these funds would be available.

The cost of your tution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor. funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and i m not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actualy be available to you in the Uk. therefore i m not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accomodate yourself without resource to employment or public funds.

The educational establishment in the Uk has stated that the cost of your tution fees for one year is £1500. british council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,00 covering nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to £9000. whilst i note that a deposit has been paid your financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the remaining cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. I note from your sponsor's bank statement that the closing balance of his account as of 27th August was N219864 (£879; £1=N250). Futhermore, i do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the Uk. you have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that you have the ability to follow the course. You have submitted result slip issued in 1999 by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) as evidence of your past academic achievements. WAEC have stated to this office that the transcripts or notification of result slips submitted in support of your applications should not be accepted as evidence of results, a certificate must be provided in support. i note that you have not submitted a WAEC certificate with your application and therefore i cannot be satisfied that your academic history is as claimed. Therefore i cannot be satisfied that you intend and are able to follow a weekday full time course invloving attendance at a single institution for a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week of a single subject, or directly or directly related subjects as required by para 57 (ii)b.

In an overall assessment of the credibilty of the application, i m not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to follow the course.

I therefore refuse your application.

These are my comments.

1. I submitted a CSCS statement worth about 17million which was not considered and at that the time that i filed in my application some of the stocks were on the floor of stock exchange for sale and now some of it has been sold.
2. I have collected my WAEC certificate.
3. His is a Lecturer, and there is this loan which they normally give to them every 2 years by intercontinental( A million).

Now i want to reapply by Monday cos the resumption date is 7th January (KCMT)Kingsbrigde College of Management and Technology that is the name of the school. How can i go about the application so that they wont say there has been large deposit of funds in the recent even when my application was with them some of the shares has been sold and thank God we have the Sold contract documents for the shares sold. Presently he has (1.7m) in his account now hope i am good to submitt and please tell me how to go about the application.

Very Urgent.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ madeojo,
Looking at your case, on the surface, you were refused based on financial grounds. Adding a 1.7million naira into the account at the moment, does not justify you for getting a UK student visa to the UK.

Although you can re-apply, however the ECO is more concerened as to the cash inflow and outflow from your sponsors account, which at the moment, is not convincing enough for the ECO.

Suggestion, you may re-apply, hoping that you get the visa, however if it does not pull through, please appeal straight away.
God Bless.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Pataki

I think you need to address the following on this thread:

1) The use of business account for student's funding cry cry cry cry cry

2) Putting[b] lump sum[/b] into bank account weeks to sending the application.

Else

we will continue to advise on the same thing till ETERNITY.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2007
Akolawole:

@Pataki

I think you need to address the following on this thread:

1) The use of business account for student's funding cry cry cry cry cry

2) Putting[b] lump sum[/b] into bank account weeks to sending the application.

Else

we will continue to advise on the same thing till ETERNITY.

My bad!

I think it has always been a point of emphasis here that:

Business Account, Stocks and Shares, Company Account without all stakeholders signing that they are willing to invest in your education or your trip abroad will not convince the ECO as to the availability of funds for sponsorship.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

For you point number two, I rightly stated it to madeojo that:

mrpataki:

@ madeojo,
Adding a 1.7million naira into the account at the moment, does not justify you for getting a UK student visa to the UK.

I am even getting tired of shouting the same thing page in page out. But the same mistake will always be made in visa applications. embarassed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Funkybabe

I hope you've seen the new UK visa forms

Check out the flight numbers etc. Remember i told you so.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2007
i have seen the new visa forms and i even have a copy at home. close to 17 pages i think. there is nothing like any space for flight numbers and i am veryyyyyyyyyyy sure about it. are you sure you saw the right form? please, paste the link.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2007
@akolawole

this is the link for the new visa forms
http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1_8Nov07,0.pdf

this is the link for the guidance notes
http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1GuideOct07,1.pdf

all the asked under part 5 of the ''previous travel history'' is the date you travelled to the uk, the purpose and duration and it must be in the last 10years.

no questions about airline or flight number.
it is only for VISITORS IN TRANSIT that are required to enter airline details for their CONFIRMED TICKETS.

i really dont like this new form. too much direct questions that require direct answers. one should be very careful when filling it especially the FINANCES AND EMPLOYMENT SECTION. check out the questions there !!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2007
I have not seen the space for flight numbers though on the new visa application form.

Although I am just seeing the new forms just now. Downloading it, and reading them later on.

@ funkybaby,
Why are you not on messenger?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:35am On Nov 16, 2007
@PatakiFunky kiss

Sorry, i mix it up.

In the new form, Visitors was to provide NI number, their UK travel history. They are trying to build Sponsor's Family tree.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:43am On Nov 16, 2007
Ako

Haven't yet perused the new visa application form,
but how or why would a genuine visitor be in possession
of a NiNo?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2007
This new form is unbelievable! The level of details required is extraordinary.
This will make it difficult for people to sponsor others on a visit.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:25am On Nov 16, 2007
There is even a student visitor form just for a duration of six month! shocked shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
@VOR

In my own opinion, those forms are very hard.

Its crazy

Well Lagos visa agents will somehow double their money now grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
Akolawole:

@VOR

In my own opinion, those forms are very hard.

Its crazy

Well Lagos visa agents will somehow double their money now grin

. . . . . . . . . And the sad part is that, the gullible ones will pay anything to this mumus to get them UK visas. You daily read from there here on the forum dropping theor private mobile numbers seeking for customers.

What an outstanding stupidity.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by BERNICIA(f): 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2007
Please house,I'm glad to read this posting on Appeal.I was denied visa on the 4th of september and I was notified on the 18th of September.I paid for my tuition fees full and booked accommodation.My sponsor is financially capable and this they acknowledged but the clearance officer said because I do noit have official emplyment presently,I may be trying to run away from prolonged period of unemployment and due to economic situation of the country.I finished my service 2006,what is prolonged about it.I lodged an Appeal in October and till now,I've not received any acknowledgement letter.Please,what do you think I should do.I have requested that the college i enrolled for my masters degree programme should send me another Acceptance letter indicating that my start date is October 2008 and not 2007 any longer.Someone that paid full school fees of three thousand five hundred pounds sterling,yet no visa.Must one be working before he'she can decide to further?Please what do I do?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:00am On Nov 25, 2007
@Bernicia

You have already lodge your appeal.

1) Did you send it to UK or to the embassy?

Paying the full fees does not guarantee a visa.

# What exactly do you want from the house(NL)?#
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omonla123: 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
I must commend the author and initiators of this website.

I also acknowledge the contributors. This is a proof that Nigeria will be great provided we put our brain to use in the more positive direction. We can achieve a lot.
Please, lets keep the good work up!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omonla123: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2007
Dear all, if you think your application was not given a careful consideration by the ECO, you have three options

First option, write a letter of complaint to the UKVisas London Office, stating your Complaint or grievances and send a copy of same letter to the ECM where your application was initially treated.
(You can do this within the first week you received the ECO's decision.)

Second Option is to appeal on a valid ground and wait patiently for the outcome. This may take a 1yrs maximum, or less. In this, you must be patient.

Thirdly, if you can not wait, you can re-apply. In your new application, make sure, your details are correct and provide the ECO with additional information that would help in making the favourable decision.

As we are all aware that BHC has ways of verifications of document, please make sure all your document are genuine to the best of your knowledge. Please do not take chances.

Should you have an unfavourable decision by an ECO, please do not hesitate to bring it into this forum, so that we can all brain storm on the matter.

'A Problem shared, is a problem solved'. You don't have to pay any visa agent.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omonla123: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
And please don't forget to pray for favour. I have seen an application made without all evidence required, but the ECO was so kind enough to call this guy and request for the evidence to be presented within 3days. HSMP visa was issued to this man on the 5th day after presenting the evidence required.

This is divine favour at work.

For all applicants, i wish you best of luck and divine intervention to bring favourable outcome. Afterall, God owns the land and the fullness thereof.

Bye for now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SmartNaija(m): 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
If this is of any help, my view wrt visa applications is that the onus of proof is on the applicant to convince the consular officer, some of which could be very unreasonable I agree, that you meet the requirements of the visa. At the end of the day, it is you who wants the visa so you must provide ALL information to convince them that you meet the requirements. When in doubt as to whether any information is necessary, my advice is to provide too much rather than too little information.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kelly24: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2007
I have once appeal and my appeal was dismissed. Now i still wish to reapply for visa but my question is:
1. any one who has lost an appeal can his application be treated fairly again next time he apply again?
2. The last time i applied it was done in Lagos now that i wish to apply again can i submit it in Abuja and will Abuja not read meaning to it?
3. can i change my passport to this new ecowas passport?
4. Lastly i have found a better school compare to the previous one applied and i'll be changing school and course(although related course). ANY IMPLICATION? What do u think?
5. Will abuja be able to track my details since i didn't submit my last application there?
THANKS.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ kelly24,
Most of your questions have already been answered. But for the sake of clarity, you can drop your application in Abuja if you so wish, but, do not lie in your application! Trust me they will find out if you are making up a lie in whatever form.

For question number 3, You can use the new Ecowas passport, but be mindful to state in your application form that y ou had once applied for a UK visa before quoting the reference number.

Good?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.