Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277157 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 12:22am On Sep 27, 2007
ECO's have guidelines and procedures for writing refusal letters. To get the picture on these guidelines, see this link below. Start reading from the section 26.3.2 - Other applications which attract the right of appeal (App 200). Please copy the link and paste in a new window to view.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&=1035898747816
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:14am On Sep 27, 2007
Thanks Tats, for the link. I wonder how Vicjustice who never bothers to read UK Immigration procedures comes here to write based on hearsay.

@ Vicjustice,
If you are not in the clear as to how this things works, please say so. There are cases of those who could rightly just re-apply based on the fact that issues raised by the ECO does not carry much weight.

E.g. An application that was refused based on the fact that the applicant did not submit his/her financial statements, can easily be re-applied for where the applicant can now include his/her financial statements. Thats a simple case.

But in a case of where of sponsor did not submit original documents for the applicants application, you now tell the sponsor to re-apply with what The same sponsor or another one? Do you know the interpretation of getting another sponsor within a very short time period of refusal? Does that speak credibility on the part of the applicant? Is there any consistency with such an application?

Your surprise/amusement over funkybaby's post about copy and paste of the ECO showed to me that you know very little about UK immigration matters.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ufuoslee(f): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2007
My sponsor is here in nigeria he is not in uk and i dont have anyone there to stand for me at the AIT.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ufuoslee
I would personally advice you to write a letter of reconsideration to the BHC here in 9ja & also carry on with the appeal even if there is nobody to represent you there. It could still go in your favour if (only if) your points are clearly stated out in the appeal. I have seen cases of paper hearing to the favour of the appealant. (though the time frame is lengthy)

Moreover re-applying with anoda sponsor within a short period of time will be seen/interpereted as a sign of desperation & not binding cos the ECO sees most applicants as economic immigrant. U dnt really have to be hasty about this whole thing, try to re-enrol for january intake b4 reapplying after correcting the issues raised in your previous refusal as I am doing right now. (weigh ur options)

Most re-application always comes out successful if you are consistent in whatever you have filled in before & most importantly correcting errors in the former.

Who knows we might b on dsame flight by january wink wink wink (kidding)

@vicjustice
Re-application is only better if the ECO clearly states out the reasons for refusal & u knw some are not straight at all, its not that you are far from the obvious. I have seen cases of re-application that went well, as well as appeal cases.

@mrpataki @funkibaby
i knw they will definately have something to add to what i hve said

thanxxx
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2007
ufuoslee:

My sponsor is here in nigeria he is not in uk and i don't have anyone there to stand for me at the AIT.

Why don't you repost the contents of your refusal notice, i think this would be helpful to the guys in the house that offers to state their opinions/suggestions about your situation. Do this rather than post bits and pieces of info when you choose to - i was expecting that the refusal notice would be your next post since the last one made, but obviously not so. If i was in your shoes and sincerely need help, i'll spill out everything about my case in the post - take a cue from previous comprehensive posts on this thread (a la funkybaby, shobaby etc). But then again you might have your reasons. Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2007
Thanks Paribus.
Was just going to comment on Ufo's posts here.

@ Ufosele,
Why all this scattered information? angry angry Type out your refusal, but use your discretion to edit the refusal though when typing. Dont put up a scanned copy here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tosintp: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2007
pls i lodged my appeal at the DBHC on july the 31st and it was acknowledged by the AIT on the 1st of sptember do you think i can get a determination by january ending Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2007
I applied for a student visa but was refused. i applied again and tried to meet up with the reason i was refused. i was again refused on a different reason. this time i was refused on the grounds that sponsor who is my father has no family commintenmt or other commitment like pay slip or tax certificate. i do no know what to do next to meet up with January intake.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ damola_007
Plz try to tell the house the actual reason for ur previous refusal & also the reason for the recent refusal. I feel u didnt really treat the issues raised by the ECO properly. Plz try not to rush next time.
Well from what u said about ur recent refusal I feel its appealable. try to draft out ur points properly & send it directly to UK.

WISH U GOOD LUCK!!!

NOBODY SEEMS TO BE IN THE HOUSE OF LATE. HOPE ALL IS WELL
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2007
I had applied for a student visa but was refused the 1st time. I applied again and try to answer the reasons for the 1st refusal. but i was refused again. Now the reasons for the 1st refusal was that my sponsor account which is my father was previous low but later had a large deposit thats is not consistent with the account history and that they are not satisfied that the money will be available for my studies. it also state that i submitted my WAEC statement of result instead of my WAEC certificate. i then relied and showed them that the large deposit had been entering the account for a long time and the it was from a fix deposit that my father runs with his bank i then submitted another 2 account including the 1st 1 submitted before making 3 statements submitted and i also submitted my WAEC certificate too. i was then refused again on the ground that i did not provide my father's commitment in terms of family and other financial outlay (I do not understand that any way) it says " without evidence to the source of these funds, such as pay slips, tax certificates and other documentary evidence, i am not satisfied this evidence represent a genuine reflection of your sponsor's actual financial circumstances". my father is a government staff he is does not get tax certificates and his office does not give him payslip because of the money involve with printing.
Now i have an option for January entry(and that is the last ) should i appeal against this decision or apply again to meet up with my deadline. now if i am to apply again how do i answer the reason for the refuser? please your opinion is highly welcome
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2007
I had applied for a student visa but was refused the 1st time. I applied again and try to answer the reasons for the 1st refusal. but i was refused again. Now the reasons for the 1st refusal was that my sponsor account which is my father was previous low but later had a large deposit thats is not consistent with the account history and that they are not satisfied that the money will be available for my studies. it also state that i submitted my WAEC statement of result instead of my WAEC certificate. i then relied and showed them that the large deposit had been entering the account for a long time and the it was from a fix deposit that my father runs with his bank i then submitted another 2 account including the 1st 1 submitted before making 3 statements submitted and i also submitted my WAEC certificate too. i was then refused again on the ground that i did not provide my father's commitment in terms of family and other financial outlay (I do not understand that any way) it says " without evidence to the source of these funds, such as pay slips, tax certificates and other documentary evidence, i am not satisfied this evidence represent a genuine reflection of your sponsor's actual financial circumstances". my father is a government staff he is does not get tax certificates and his office does not give him payslip because of the money involve with printing.
Now i have an option for January entry(and that is the last ) should i appeal against this decision or apply again to meet up with my deadline. now if i am to apply again how do i answer the reason for the refuser? please your opinion is highly welcome
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2007
@damola

My parents work in government and they get PAYSLIPS

Haba! How is your father paid his salary that is what they want to know, if he is exempt from tax then let him get an official letter that states so
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2007
@damola_007
Adding the payslip would have saved you alot of stress, that would have made ECo's job easier & probably not to doubt the statements. printing should not be an excuse for not adding the payslip. All they want to see is the origin of the funds which couldnot be ascertained.
Plz endeavour to add it if you really intend to re-apply for january intake.

GOOD LUCK
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2007
well my father works for ministry of education he told me that they pay the money into his account straight. they gave him payslip for two months and later stopped. he said that it is not his ministry that pay into his account that they is a different body that does it
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2007
i was thinking now that i have been refused a student visa, can i renew my visiting visa? will it affect my renewal? what will i submit for a renewal? I must say i am very grateful for your assistance so far. thanks alot
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2007
Ithink i should explain better how it was written in my refusal notice am a prospective student of Sheffield Hallam university. I was to start in September this year but was refused visa the first time. I applied again trying to meet up with the reason i was refused the first time but i was refused again on another reason again. now the 1st reason i was given was refused was in their words "You stated that your sponsor is your father, , I n support of your application you have provided your sponsor's bank statement. the account balance was previously low and stood at 458,030.05 naira (approx 1,775 GBP,) on 4 June 2007. the balance has increased recently by a large deposit that is inconsistent with the account history. for example 20,161,410.51 naira(approx 78,145GBP) was deposited on the 18 June 2007. without a satisfactory evidence to show the source of these funds, I am not satisfied that this money is available to you for your studies. Nor am i satisfied the bank statement provides an accurate reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances. following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided i cannot be satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain-and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by paragraph 57(vii)

You state that you have completed your secondary education to the equivalent of O/A level, under the auspices of the West African Examinations council (WAEC) however, you have failed to produce the relevant certificate from this authority to corroborate this claim. This office has experienced a marked increase in the number of counterfeit WEAC certificates presented in support of applications. As such, it is reasonable to expect applicants claiming to have completed WAEC examinations.Unlike WEAC certificates the statement of result that you presented does not contain security features and is not of uniform format. As  such, it is unverifiable. in the absence of a WAEC certificate, I'm not satisfied that your academic record is as claimed and therefore that you are able to follow your chosen course in the United Kingdom. Paragraph 57(ii)

I then reapplied i got my WAEC certificate my fathers lawyers then wrote the embassy that the money was from a fix deposit my father runs with the bank and that the money was from his money accrued to him from some assignment he has carried out with some international body like the world bank and UNICEF. i also submitted two other bank statement from my father also.

I think i should explain better as it was written in my refusal notice

you state that the cost of your tuition,maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your father. as evidence of his fund you have submitted a there bank statement. you have not provided details of your sponsor's commitment in terms of family and other financial outlay. without any evidence. I am not satisfied this evidence represent a genuine reflection of your sponsor's actual financial circumstances. As a result i cannot be satisfied that these funds will be available to you for the purposes of study. (para 57(vii)
Now i am con fused on what to do. because i have been given the opportunity of admission for January but i do not know what to do. My father said he is usually not given a payslip in his office and tax certificate is not issued to him. i do not know what to do. please i need your professional assistance. Thank you for your antiscipated assistance.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ damola
i still dont get

my aunt is a teacher in lagos state , she gets payslips

may be ur dad is being economical with the truth

forget about reapplying

they will NOT give you

after two consecutive refusals
they will suspect you will not come back after your visit

My advice

IF you are still interested in schooling address squarely their concerns by giving the info they require
Remember the onus is on you to prove your intent

Take it from me I applied for a visa that wud enable me to work and school
I was refused

Subesequent attempts to renew visiting visas ended up in refusals
By the time i was granted visiting visa it was 2 appeals(that were denied) and 4 years later even then I submitted more than enough documents and still they called family in the UK and drilled me on arrival in the UK

I am wiser now
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2007
@salsera
i think the program for not giving payslip just started not 2 long ago after the process of paying goverment worker at he federal level was tru a new body. but i have talked to him he is trying to c if he can ask the body if it can print out sometime for me to be able to present. but pay slip for hw many montrhs will be required? and am i sure they will not c another reason for refusing me again. can i apply this month?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ damola,
Why did you have to put out your fathers name here on the forum? Please modify your post. When I saw your surname, I have a friend whose surname is the same with yours. I asked her now, and she told you are cousins!

Please try and edit your post now.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2007
salsera:

@ damola
i still don't get

my aunt is a teacher in lagos state , she gets payslips

may be your dad is being economical with the truth

forget about reapplying

they will NOT give you

after two consecutive refusals
they will suspect you will not come back after your visit

My advice

IF you are still interested in schooling address squarely their concerns by giving the info they require
Remember the onus is on you to prove your intent

Take it from me I applied for a visa that would enable me to work and school
I was refused

Subesequent attempts to renew visiting visas ended up in refusals
By the time i was granted visiting visa it was 2 appeals(that were denied) and 4 years later even then I submitted more than enough documents and still they called family in the UK and drilled me on arrival in the UK

I am wiser now

I guess damola's dad is a contract staff, and there may not be reasons for him not getting payslips because of that fact.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ damola,
Trying to renew your visiting visa now, you will only be refused again! Why? Because, it only shows you are desperate to enter the UK by all means. That is how the ECO will look at your case.

I will suggest you appeal against the decision of the ECO. It may take a while, but you can pull it through. Dont spoil your passport the more with refusals from the UK embassy. You already have a credible immigration status, appeal against the decision, make plans towards next year admissions.

Sheffield Hallam Uni would have resumed now, so no point in re-applying again. The first reason given by the ECO was not totally credible, but you can appeal against the decision now.
All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2007
thanks for you advice i just did not notice it thanks alot
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2007
but i have an entery for january that was what i'm trying to meet up with
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2007
@mrpataki
but i have an entery for january that was what i'm trying to meet up with. do u think if i apply again i can stand a chance of applying again
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2007
Well nothing stops you from appealing this refusal, while you may want to consider an application for January.
All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2007
thank you for your reply but please is it possible to appeal against a decision and the same time apply for a student visa
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2007
You can drop an appeal at the moment. If you are desperate to entering the UK, then you can also consider an application in January.
Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2007
@mrpataki
thanks for the reply. But when you use the word desperate is that how the ECO will see my application?
My sponsor's office has agreed to get him him pay slips. Now if i am to apply again do u think i should pay the balance of my school fees. Its 8,400GBP, but i have paid 5,000GBP. Do u think the eco will be thinking that if i claim my father's has that amount of money in his acc then he should show commitment be paying the rest which is not up to 1 million naira I was just think anyway. what do you think about it?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2007
@mrpataki
thanks for the reply. But when you use the word desperate is that how the ECO will see my application?
My sponsor's office has agreed to get him him pay slips. Now if i am to apply again do u think i should pay the balance of my school fees. Its 8,400GBP, but i have paid 5,000GBP. Do u think the eco will be thinking that if i claim my father's has that amount of money in his acc then he should show commitment be paying the rest which is not up to 1 million naira I was just think anyway. what do you think about it?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2007
@damola_007 ,

i just read your post now and i discovered that your case is similar to mine.

i was refused twice too and i tried to renew my visiting visa which they also refused.

i later got the visa through appeal.

i have seen somebody that paid £9000 and still was refused entry visa, i will just advise you to wait for the outcome of your appeal
but if you want to try your luck again, there is no harm in trying.

best of luck mate.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2007
Thanks muyiwabank for sharing your story here.

Maybe this might help damola further to know that applying for any UK visa at the moment, will most likely bring a refusal stamp on his passport again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by smartkulk(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2007
hello people, i must commend the effort of some pple that have been contributing on this topic, u guys have been wonderful, u advise as if we are blood brothers,God will continue to bless you.
[b]I was denied a study visa on the4th of Oct this year, with a right to appeal, here are the details;They found the account relevant and said that my sponsor i claimed is also responsible for my mum,that how can he be able to support my education with responsibilty for my mum,funny enuf the count contain 71,000pounds and all the money i need for tution n other xpenses is arnd 21,000pounds,i dont knw wat they mean by dat.Also they said,for the money in d account,i didnt show how the income is been realised.Imagine, i submitted a reciept from one of my sponsor's company indicating at least almost 1.2million naira per day,funny enuf they misplaced the reciept, it didnt get to the embassy cos it was not returned with the documents i submitted.
In short, they didnt have a cogent reason for the refusal,no allegation of forgery of any kind, so my able people in the house, i need ur urgent contribution on wat i shd do.I planned re-applyin for January admission and also appeal.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.