Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,452 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277462 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by eryck(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2007
@smartkulk
I think your case is appealable from what u told the house but did you;

1. Submit via agent?
2.Was it a company's account?
3. Did u add the tax clerance certificate?

I feel the prob here is the origin of the funds .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2007
@pataki
pls i did not get muyiwa post
can u pls post it again for me
thank u
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2007
Here you are, damola_007

muyiwabank:

@damola_007 ,

i just read your post now and i discovered that your case is similar to mine.

i was refused twice too and i tried to renew my visiting visa which they also refused.

i later got the visa through appeal.

i have seen somebody that paid £9000 and still was refused entry visa, i will just advise you to wait for the outcome of your appeal
but if you want to try your luck again, there is no harm in trying.

best of luck mate.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tosintp: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
hello pips my bundle has not been sent by the ECO and the deadline they gave him on the acknowledgement sent to me by the AIT was the 25th of september what do you think i should do can i email the embassy and ask why he has not sent it cos i think its a delay tactics on there part
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2007
@muyiwabank
pls hw long did your appeal take. if i appeal nw shuld i just make up my mind for next year september? that will be serious o my school has just given this january and says that is the last prosponment i can get. pls house advice me
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2007
damola_007:

@muyiwabank
please hw long did your appeal take. if i appeal nw shuld i just make up my mind for next year september? that will be serious o my school has just given this january and says that is the last prosponment i can get. please house advice me

Well you can always apply to other schools. I guess your uni is Sheffield Hallam Uni, I personally dont like that Uni, they have a non-friendly approach to international students.

Just my own view though.

Zero your mind for admission into the UK for September next year. It may be tough but you can manage it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
tosin_tp:

hello pips my bundle has not been sent by the ECO and the deadline they gave him on the acknowledgement sent to me by the AIT was the 25th of september what do you think i should do can i email the embassy and ask why he has not sent it because i think its a delay tactics on there part

Dont waste your time writing to the embassy. If the embassy does not send your appeal bundle, they will be given an extension time for deadline of submission, if after that, the situation remains unchanged, the hearing of your case would come up and most times it is always decided in favor of the appellant.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2007
@pataki
Ok, but how do i go about the appeal process. i think i still have time but not much time i have to act fast. i need to state the reason why i think i do not agree with eco jugdement. pls i will be gratefull if u can be of assistance as to hw i shuld go about the appeal. thank you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ damola,
Normally I dont talk about appeal formats on this forum. But for the sake of knowng your cousin, I will try to be discreet, yet making known the needed details.

1. There are no standard formats of drafting appeals. But I will tell you to type out your refusal letter as written by the ECO and take each paragraph in seriatim, addressing the point of the ECO in it.

Guess you are in the clear now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2007
@mrpataki
do u know i don't still know my cousin u talk about wats the name
BUT looking at my case i have got 2 refusals should be silent about the 1st 1?
the second refusal was just 1 reason dat was given. No pay slip shuld i attach a payslip to the appeal and say i 4 got to include it or wat do u think?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by damola08: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2007
@mrpataki
are u still there?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ damola,
Sorry not feeling too good to keep sitting behind the computer. Your cousins name is Seun. And in case you got many cousins with that name, well here is another addition, she served in Kano.

So back to the issue, Is the 28days for the first refusal gone? Whichever be the case, I suggest you follow up on the second refusal case. You could state in your grounds of appeal that while you noted that the onus of submitting a genuine application was on you in your previous application for a student visa, you addressed the issue of concern to the ECO in respect to your first application and the re-applied for the student visa, evidence attached herewith as the notice of refusal dated . . . . . . . . . shows, then you can go ahead with stating your GOA (Grounds of Appeal) for the second refusal. Sorry this is not the standard format just creating a rough sketch of what it can look like though.

Make sure there is a correlation of points in all your GOA. There has to be coherence and a flow with eachother.

Let me know if there are still areas of concern for you. Though I may be rather slow in responding henceforth.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Bblak(f): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2007
@mrpataki
Good advice.kip it up.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by oloriJ(f): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2007
i am quite impressed with the sincere response regarding visa appeals. i have just been refused a student visa but given a ROA. i was considering appealing but having read what VOR and imanli said about reapplying i will go throught with it and forget the appeal. many thanks to you all
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by oloriJ(f): 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2007
my advise for smartkulk is to reapply and dont appeal it takes a long time. in the same vein address all the issues raised. my question is have you paid anything towards the tuition? if not then you have to make a substantial financial commitment. to be honest this sponsors evidence of earnings was one of the reasons for my refusal. i thot sponsors were synonymous with guarantors stnding in for you in case of a default, now it seems the emabssy is using the sponsors evidence of earnings for refusals. someone needs to bring this to their attention that naijas are not very open to revealing their financial status to people and when you get a sponsor it is quite irritating going back and forth asking for this and that as supporting evidence. they should give these sponsors a break divulging too much information is not in our culture being discreet is the watchword .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Reverend(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2007
The main problem is that many Nigerians entering the UK on on student visas work illegally and stay in the country after the Visa has expired. This makes it bad for the people that really want to go and finish their education only.

Immigration is already a huge problem in the UK and now laws are being introduced to further strengthen the process of acceptance and keep out undesirables.

If you really only want to go and finish your education I feel for you, but those of you who abuse the system and use the student visa for other purposes have made life difficult for others.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kelly24: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2007
Please my repesentative told me that the home office sent him a letter that a presenting officer, will not attenf the hearing.

Can an appeal be heard without the presenting officer?
Thank.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buso(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2007
Help
I won an appeal for a student Visa since august 2007 and i was told the BHC will call me
Till today am yet to receive any email or call from them and my admission date is very close
Don't know what to do
Any suggestion in d house?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by buso(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2007
Help
I won an appeal for a student Visa since august 2007 and i was told the BHC will call me
Till today am yet to receive any email or call from them and my admission date is very close
Don't know what to do
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Rare(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2007
I was also refused on this grounds of lack of certain evidences from sponsor. Hence, what documents (besides bank statements) are the best for proving:

1) Regular income of sponsor and/or source(s) of income
2) Sponsor's financial outlay/family financial commitments

Those were the grounds given for my refusal. I would appreciate good suggestions useful for a future re-application.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
buso:

Help
Don't know what to do

Drop a copy of the determination from AIT at the BHC. You might just be lucky to get called soon afterwards.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ VOR,Mrpataki,funkybaby,akolawole and all,
Your contributions to this forum is highly appreciated.May God continue to use you guys to bless the lives of others.I sought for advice from this forum before applying for my british passport and to God be the Glory,i have gotten it.Though i am yet to come over to the Uk,i hope to by march next year when i would be through with my NYSC.

I need your advice now on what to do about my siblings.I qualified for british citizenship by being born before december 31st,1982.Unfortunately,my sister and brother did not qualify because they were born in 1984 and 1985 respectively.I strongly believe that by being born in the UK,even though they did not obtain citizenship,they should be given preferential treatment.Someone suggested student visa but honestly i think the stress one undergoes by applying for student visa is just too much.Would i be wrong in thinking they can apply for "right of abode visa"?Please i need suggestions aside applying for student visa.
Thanks while i await ur responses.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
relax my dear and tell your siblings to do the same

get to the UK first

the fact that you have your passport does not entitle you to free education or the likes
I know for sure that even if you enroll in a school you will not be given preference to pay citizen fees until you have lived in the UK for at least 3 years and that is you with passport not to talk of your siblings

There is no free lunch in LONDON citizen or not

About right of abode visa ( have you checked UK visas site to see the requirements)

I remember your post now
congrats !!! its good to know the thread helped you as well (it helped me too)

Like I said get to the UK first and settle down then you can start lobbying for ur siblings
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
Excellent advice Salsera.

Liliana, you have posed this question previously and I am
quite sure I gave you a full answer. Take the time to trawl
through this thread and you will find it.

But essentially your siblings would not qualify for any sort
of residence rights by being born here after the cut off date
for automatic citizenship by virtue of birth. On the basis of the
information you have provided they will have no claim to ROA
status.

Sorry.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2007
Nothing more to add. Salsera answered the question well. smiley

Congrats liliana smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2007
@VOR,salsera,mrpataki
I really do appreciate your responses.Thank you for taking your time to reply.I need advice on the choice of university to apply to for my masters in Economics since i have a first degree in Statistics come september 2008.Though i know this is not the forum to ask for this,I think i would prefer if u guys help me out.

@VOR
Yes, i do remember you replying my posts but the truth is that i really did not understand ur post and decided to lay low so that u may not think of me as a dumbhead wink.I am clear now as to what to do.How is your son doing?

@salsera
Many thanks for replying,my sister.But its funny how this UK Immigrations work and set their rules.All the same i thank God for His assistance in my own case.I do hope it would not be too hard for me to get sthg doing so i can save for the masters.

@mrpataki
Well,what can i say but thank you for your assistance?I really am grateful for your help.
Many Many thanks and God bless you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2007
@liliana

First
1. where will you live once you get to the UK its better to go to school in the same location or at least close
2. personally I would say hold on as far as school is concerned life in the UK is TOUGH and even if you have friends or relatives it is unlikely they will house and feed you for long. Living expenses in the UK are very high especially when you live in London and its environs.

since you still have to complete NYSC use this time to browse for schools and find out their average costs so that you can have an idea of what you will need to save.

You may need to work 2/3 jobs for at least a year to save up enough to start school and pleeeeeeeeease abeg do not get into the trap of borrowing money via credit loans from banks. Its tempting but I know friends who still owe after finishing school
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee234: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2007
Hello all
I was refused a student visa in September. I want to apply for another in november for a january admission, though it's a different school but it's the same course.
The initial school has agreed to defer my admission but i don't think i want to wait till September 2008.
Do you think i should go ahead with the application and hope i won't seem desperate to leave the country?

OR

Do you think i should just wait till Sept 2008
Thanks
Honest opinions would be welcomed because i really don't want another refusal stamp on my passport
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2007
lovelitts
it's ok if u reapply for january, but be sure that you are not foregoing your true ambition all in a rush to get to the U.K., because the average foreign graduate cant even get a decent office job, so if you want to eat a frog, i will advice you eat the one with eggs, dont rush be patient, the high commission will keep issuing visas for another 100 years(hopefully).
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2007
liliana:

@mrpataki
Well,what can i say but thank you for your assistance?I really am grateful for your help.
Many Many thanks and God bless you.

God bless you too ma, and many thanks as well. I dont even know what I did undecided grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2007
@mrpataki

hello dear. did you get my text message some few days back?? whats with your number? sad

you are doing a good job here. wink thumbs up!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ebonyj(f): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2007
Hello all,

To all those appealing STOP, the best thing is to re-apply once you have been denied and make sure you fill the form and provide all the evidence they need next time you are appealing. Even though I was born here(UK) and my mum schooled here and lived here for a few years , she was denied visa based ont eh fact that she did not provide any evidence to show that she had other children and a source of income, we made the mistake of appealing and this took almost a year even though we eventually got the visa after the appeal. But I had to bombard the home office with phone calls and emails to get this done. I have friends int he same shoe who have been appealing for two to 3 years and still nothing, so my advice to anybody who wants to appeal not to.

@ Liliana- I think Salsera has answered most of your questions, get here first and when you know how the system works you can then deal with your siblings. Being BRitish does not really give you priority over anything here o my dear. As per the school issue, tehre are ways around avoiding international fee, when you are ready to start school email me on spicyebony@yahoo.com and I will give you a few hints and also schools that donn't really verify identity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.