Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,708 members, 7,837,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277144 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adebayoor: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2008
Attn: Moderator Seina,Funkibabie,vicjustice,mr pataki,erico,and all honorable nairalanders

Pse i need your advice?
i won my student appeal last month but am yet to be called by the ECO for my visa.
i made enquiries and was told i can get another sponsor for my visa to the BDHC when called by the ECO.
can i do this? cos in my earlier application i have only one sponsor and he wrote on my behalf willing to sponsor my feeding,accomodation and other expenses.
the person am considering as my second sponsor is not related to my initial sponsor,hope this will not hinder my visa?
i contacted my sponsor as regards current statement of account but his account is not fat for now.although his 6months statement status will be up to 90,000GBP credits and 81,000GBP in naira equals.
Pse what do i do?
[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Jul 31, 2008
@Jesufunke

One of your people.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by maddock(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hello Evrybody
I had to bring this issue here cos i know there are gurus in the house that can advise me appropriately.A friend applied for UK visas,although he was once refused 4years ago but this recent application this year was also denied.The only reason they gave was that his saving account has money which they cud not confirm its origin and also no evidence of where we worked.Whereas he submitted letters from his company,payslips and all that stuff. The chap has his salary account also submitted with the application but the statment of salary account which was a sealed one was not even opened. Inclusive were letters of refences from the banks authenticating the statements. In the refusal letter that stated he has a limited right of appeal ie if he felt he was refused based on human right bla bla and some other stuff.
So he is askin me if he should appeal or wait to apply again,please i need gurus to give insight on what to tell him.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by aremuu: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2008
My people, I need help oH!

I was just refused uk student visa today. The refusal note was written like this:

"You state that the cost of your tuition, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your family friend. As evidence of his funds you have submitted two bank statements showing balances of 502,558 Naira(£2147) and 163,171 Naira(£697),

, Your sponsor's financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have suficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. Furthermore, I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the UK. You have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so."

I used a family friend as my sponsor, his total balance was just about 1.1M naira but supported with his stock about 5M and salary slips. The ECO made a mistake in the second balanece he quoted as 163,171 its 563, 171. I have also paid full tuition fee of 2250 and one month accomodation deposit which the ECO did not mention at all.

I was given a right of appeal

Do i stand a chance in this? considering likely required time for appeal, can i make a fresh application? will this first one not hinder my chance if i present another sponsor entirely for the new application? If not, How soon can I apply because I have option of resuming again with the school in september-The programme is just a one year Diploma in IT . How can I prove that my sponsor will benefit from sponsoring my study abroad.

Please I need ur advice at this time
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by laralash: 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
aremuu,
Not sure what ur chances of success are as I don't know much about these things. However, if no one responds to you on this forum, you may want to try posting your question on www.ukresident.com (in the student visa section), perhaps someone might respond to you. You may even look at the site just in case there has been a similar post to yours that can guide you.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
laralash:

. . . However, if no one responds to you on this forum, . . .

Go girl, you tell them.

Now, if only the travel fraternity, et al stopped bickering and actually started doing some work, maybe, just maybe, . . .

ROFPMSL grin cheesy grin

Osanobua chei, If no one responds shocked , , on a thread with 66 pages of with over 2000 posts, on a forum with over 200,000 members shocked Oritsejafor  grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jolly199(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hi all, thanks for the contributions so far. I have just been denied student entry visa. The reasons are.

1. The ECO said I have not provided satisfactory evidence of relationship between me and my sponsor. My sponsor is my maternal uncle. I swore before a notary public that he was my uncle and that he shall be responsible for my tuition and living expenses in the UK. I do not know what else they need.

2. The ECO was not convinced that my uncle can spend such a large amount of money (4.2m) asides the company expenditure on my education. My uncle's account was reading a closing balance of 6m. and it has a turn over of 49m for six months. Its a limited liability company account. He is the sole signatory.

3 That my uncle has not presented any evidence of personal savings.

Please I would love to get contributions on how to counter the ECO's reasons for my denial.

I plan to appeal immediately

Regards
Jolly Okolo
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hi all,

I have read quite a number of the messages in this forum and I must say that it has been worth the while.

I just had my appeal allowed by AIT, when I called I was told that Home Office will get across to BHC who will in turn contact me.
The school I chose for my Master's degree will resume on the 15th of September meaning I have just about a month left.

What do you advice that I do considering the short time that I have left and the delay that BHC might put me through.

Thanks a bunch all as I await your candid reply.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 2:05am On Aug 02, 2008
i
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by patelbhupi: 3:17am On Aug 03, 2008
Hello to all,

January 18, 2008 when i was under 30 year old i applied for Working Holiday Maker visa from France - Paris embssy and my application refuse.

so I appeal again decision on January 2008.

August 1, 2008 my appeal allowed, but now I am above 30 (30 year + few days). WHM visa requirement is "are aged between 17 and 30 Year[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color]"

so , my question is Am I eligible to get visa ? [color=#550000]
(appeal allowed)

Thanks in advance if you give me some idea about it,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 7:21am On Aug 04, 2008
@ Akolawole, LondonCool and co,

Please help me out with your advice on my post.

Time is running out.

Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

I have read quite a number of the messages in this forum and I must say that it has been worth the while.

I just had my appeal allowed by AIT, when I called I was told that Home Office will get across to BHC who will in turn contact me.
The school I chose for my Master's degree will resume on the 15th of September meaning I have just about a month left.

What do you advice that I do considering the short time that I have left and the delay that BHC might put me through.

Do I wait for BHC or I have to call them, if yes how do I call them?

Secondly, can I use another sponsor from the previous one that I used?

And finally, can I use a different passport as the previous one will soon expire and the new e-passport does not allow for renewal for a long time.

Thanks a bunch all as I await your candid reply.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by opmoore(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
EVRY1 IN DA HOUSE , funkybaby,londoncool,akolawole,Mr pataki
      Am greatful for all the help rendered to me in the house when i was refused till i won my appeal but alas i was re-refuse again that i submitted a runned statement of account i think thatz where i get it all wrong.
    All aspiring travellers check your docs well expecially the case u appealled on, before going to the Embassy.
    Well for me am signing out now, for more details on what transpired at the embassy ope_mor@yahoo.co.uk is my contact,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
@all
Actually i am abit confused why the Godfather's and mama's of this thread seems to be on vacation these days. but my guess is that they are tried of saying the same thing day in day out!

iF YOU HAVE A SITUATION THAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REACT TO, FRIST OF ALL, READ THROUGH ALL THE 66 PAGES! YOUR WORRY(IES) WILL BE SOLVED!SHIKENA.

On this site, am yet to come across or maybe my interest is on travel always that have 66pages.So try and do some research.

@aremuu
They do the mistakes intentionally, so dont be surprised, its their country now, they allow who they think they want as you always allows friends you can trust to visit you in your home.
@yomikey
they will contact you,just hang on! and possibly mail them and attached a copy of the determination to speed up the rate of reaction.

@adebayoor
from where did u nmake ur enquiries from? if you are sure that the statement is geniunue and bouyant, not pro, but if u get another one, no p. but be consistent, ok?
@patel,
if your are 30 years now , hmmmm i think wont have anything to do cos as at application you are not and circumstances at application is what they really hammer on.dony do anything funny about ur age now, they have the records ok. just pray.

Am out, only God knows the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ guseman,

Thanks for the prompt response, Please what is the email address that I can reach them on?
Expecting to hear from you.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
My brother was refused an entry clearance to UK at Abuja in July 2008 and I want him to reapply to Lagos High Commission by next week. The reason why they refused him wasn't genuine, they said they are in doubt if he will come back after the conclusion of his education because he doesn't have tie back home and prospect. They didn't complain about any other thing apart from that. I want house to advice me on which way to follow on his reapplication please. It is very urgent because the school is to resume in september. THANKS
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2008
@yomikey

visa.enquiries.abuja@fco.gov.uk

@peter2010000000
it doesnt matter if your brothr apply in lagos or abj, they have the records
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anamz: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
@funkebaby/patakai,

please i need urgent help now.i got my passport from the uk high commission yesterday. the ECO stated, after all their usual stories,
'that he contacted the bank of my sponsor and they told him that the signature on the sponsorship letter is defferent from the one with the bank though they accepted that the count statement is genuine. base on that they doubt if i am really working in his company as stated in my application because i did not include my own statement of account and the pay slip has the same information on all'.

i do not know what to do next. should i go ahead and apeal since i do not know about the signature and the sponsor is not personally in contact with me now.

please, i need urgent reply
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vikiviko(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2008
@Anamz
If you were given an appeal based on irregular signature, i think you can appeal if your Sponsor is truly the owner of the account.

Your sponsor might just have to regularise his signatures.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2008
vikiviko:

@Anamz
If you were given an appeal based on irregular signature, i think you can appeal if your Sponsor is truly the owner of the account.

Your sponsor might just have to regularise his signatures.

@vikiviko
Please can you outline what and what is needed to apply for Swedish Visa for Master's degree studies in Sweden.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adebayoor: 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2008
Attn: funkiebabie,vicjustice,erico,akolawole and all honourable nairalanders

Thanx for your advice and support.
Finally i got my visa on the 20/08/08

God bless you all
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yvy1(f): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2008
Hi all.

Do you think it's too late to apply for a tudent visa by next week for school that is starting on 22 september?

My sponsor is away from the country is due back in the country this weekend so I haven't been able to do anything and the school just sent sent me a confirmatory letter of admission (it is unconditional).
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2008
@ Adebayoor

Congrats on ur Visa success story.That is the kind of news i have been hoping to hear from nairalanders.

What part of UK are u heading to?

@yvy1

i think if u can still go tru the stress of getting documents etc u can go a head so as to apply atleast 2-3weeks for ur visa.Just consider all these;

1.Do u have to pay initial deposit at the school? if Yes,since your sponsor is not around can u do this urself?

2.How soon can u gather the necessary documents and supporting documents? if dis week fine.

3.How soon will your sponsor be able to get u his letter,bank statement etc? if within a week fine.

4.Have u mailed the school to tell them u have accepted their offer? if Yes,o.k if No,try to do that asap.

In short do all want u can before ur sponsor gets back by weekend so u can submit ur application fast.But dont be in so much haste so as not to miss out important documents.(remember the BHC guys look for reasons not to give visas than reasons to-said by a nairalander on this thread)

All the best!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yvy1(f): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
@yettidear

Thank you very much for your encouragement. I'll keep you posted.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hi all,

I have my appeal allowd since July 3rd and I have not been called by the British Embassy.
I went there yesterday since my school will resume 15th of September and I am just three (3) weeks away from resumption, I was told that they are working on it and hopefully they will call me before school's resumption.
What do you guys advise, is there HOPE?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adebayoor: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
am heading to woolwich very close to royal arsenal train smiley
cheers
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
@vyy1

no probs.Just do your very best.

@yomickey

of course there is hope.i hope u submitted good documents though if so,Just pray and wait.There shouldnt be any probs.

@ Adebayoor

Whao! that is cool.i hope to head to Manchester soon,but then,i can only pray.

All the best! And keep in touch!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
yettidear:

@vyy1

no probs.Just do your very best.

@yomickey

of course there is hope.i hope u submitted good documents though if so,Just pray and wait.There shouldnt be any probs.

@ Adebayoor

Whao! that is cool.i hope to head to Manchester soon,but then,i can only pray.

All the best! And keep in touch!

Thanks for the prompt reply but I have not submitted any documents as of now. All docs were submitted with the first application about a year ago and I just have the Letter containing the Appeal Decision, a new UNCONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER from the school I want to attend and my passport.
Please what else will I need?
Cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adebayoor: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
Go with your Appeal Decision

Originals of your academic credentials

updated unconditional offer letter with your accomodation details attached to it

updated statement of account with sufficient funds

your passport

be bold and courageous when you get there.

most of all have faith in God and be prayerful.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by waimoo: 1:27am On Sep 01, 2008
Hey guys,

I have just got the notice 5 days ago from ECM saying that my original refusal has been overturned and my visa will be issued. I didn't mail my passport when I sent my appeal form and I am wondering if I could go to the nearest UK embassy and have my visa issue on my passport.
Any suggestion and direction is appreciated.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dareno: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2008
I applied for UK study visa in February this year and was refused on the basis that I submitted false WAEC and Bank statement. Though, right of appeal was given but I could not meet the deadline for the appeal so I decided to reapply for September session and I submitted a clear copy of my WAEC which the original was held already with WAEC scratch card for verification, also I submitted another bank statement from another sponsor but the application falls to be refused with the following reasons:

1. Entry clearance officer stated that the bank statement that I submitted was referred to skye bank and was confirmed not to be genuine.
2. Also mention that I have submitted an application previously where my WAEC was found not to be genuine.

My point here is that the Bank statement was genuine and original from skye bank, is it by any means possible for Skye bank to have confirmed the bank statement not to be genuine when it was real statement from Skye Bank.
Also I was shocked when I got my scratch card bank without touch talk less of verify and went ahead to condemned it. Now I want to really write the appeal because at the last paragraph of the clearance officer’s reason stated that my current and any future applications falls to be refused until February 26 2018.
My question now is would petition work out for this at beginning or I should go ahead with the appeal? A lawyer actually advised me to petition the entry clearance officer and send it to Abuja and then the reply will determine what to do next. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO NOW ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
This is a bitter case! Why didnt You appeal such a serious case of forgery at the first instance! If You were very sure that your certificate wasnt tampered with in anyway, why didnt You revolt immediately? Why would You leave your original WAEC certificate with them for 6 months The very first time they accused You of forgery, even if You couldnt meet the appeal deadline, You would have written them at least to say that your certificate is not fake, then back up your claims with a letter of reconfirmation from WAEC as regards your result. Leaving those issues unaddressed is what has compuonded this your case. sad sad Its a tough one I must say. But You can come out of it!!! depending on the type of immigration lawyer You use for your appeal. Do You have siblings in the UK? If yes, then I suggest You get them to arrange for a very competent immigration lawyer (preferably a briton), to file a strong worded appeal on your behalf!!!!
Please our visa gurus, make Una put mouth oooooooooooooooh! Dis is our case, though its tough, lets fight it out abeg!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2008
So they have started giving out the 10 year ban for small thing like this!Na wa for British high commission in Nigeria ohh!Guy appeal,dont petition anything ,I hope you appeal fast sha cause I think they are cancelling appeal too that is if they have not stopped it and started their administrative review thingy!
So sorry about the 10 years thing buy fight it out wit them angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.