Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,366 members, 7,839,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277195 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by constansia: 8:11pm On May 27, 2008
hes nigerian. idealy he wud live to study here but has twice applied 4 student visa but denied but now he wants to work. I wud like 4 him to live here so we cn see each ova
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 8:46pm On May 27, 2008
constansia:

hes nigerian. idealy he would live to study here but has twice applied 4 student visa but denied but now he wants to work. I would like 4 him to live here so we cn see each ova

Then come to Nigeria to marry him now and then file for him to join you,its that simple if you want him to come over so that you guys can be seeing each other and he wants to work.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:11pm On May 27, 2008
ty4real:

Then come to Nigeria to marry him now and then file for him to join you,its that simple if you want him to come over so that you guys can be seeing each other and he wants to work.

Marrying someone just so they can have immigration status is risky, supposing the marriage doesn't work out.
Ideally I'm sure it would be better for Constansia if her b/f could get to the UK under his own steam and let the relationship take its natural course.

Cons

When was he refused his student visas
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by saysth: 1:25am On Jun 02, 2008
@Pahtahkee @ funkybaby @Akolawole ,
I hope you remember the attached message I posted on 30th Jan'08 (pg) 35 ago following refusal despite presenting 2 accts (personal and company or my sponsor),and also the ECO went ahead to seize my WEAC certificate because of slight difference in my DOB, and I virtually respect your views and suggestion then and now.

Last week ago,the determination finally got back to me unfavourably, but the judge came with following findings:
* The appellant is able to and intends to follow the course.

* The appellant is unable to maintain & accommodate himself & to pay the fees without recourse to public funds, The appellant has adduced little to show financial position of the sponsor, no evidence to show his(sponsor) income, wages, or dividends drawn by the sponsors nor tax returns which will show sum he has declared as his drawings. Whilst he has adduced by way of bank statement, d acct has irregular sums paid in, but 4 protacted periods the balance is in d region of 400,000 naira & as little as 172 N. This does not suggest a consistent ability to discharge a laibility to pay fees. Further there's no evidence of his(sponsor) personal liabilities,   
Can you please explain what this personal liabilities ,evidence of his income, dividends. I am asking this just incase I am making another application?

He conveniently rediculed the presentation of my sponsor Company acct as it has no direct evidence of the sponsor's finances / company acct for company use,  but equally the acct diminishes to as little as 262,613 N and at such time d acct wud not sustain d appellant costs.it is self evident dat a company requires workin capital & so d burden of showing dat d sponsor wud be willing to use d companies workin capital.

I knew it was going to be difficult, but my main problem is how to retrieve my WEAC certificate from Abuja embassy now. Even though I have WAEC sent a copy of the result confirmation to confirm the authenticity of the certificate to the Tribunaland the Embassy. What I have wt me is d photocopy I made b4 application of the WAEC Cert.

I am thinking of wrting and /or email the Embassy (Abuja) once again to release my Certificate so I can get it to WAEC for for re-issuance of new Certificate. I can tell you that I got a good means to get this new certificate, but I need to clear this immigration history and the mess he might cause me in the nearest future. I can even think of making fresh application after this is solved.

Thanks very much, as I await your views and advice.

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by neksbabay(f): 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2008
Hi all,
this thread is not as busy as before, Whats happening.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by alibajwa: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2008
my appeal had to be decided (on papers) on or after 12 may 2008.it's a student appeal.it's been 4 weeks i hav not got any letter, i called Ait they said u just wait a letter will be sent to you and my appeal has not been decided yet, well why are they taking so much time, what do u guys think how much timm will they take more
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by oyewolejos(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2008
pls i want to apply for the working holiday maker visa. can anyone help me on how to get a LETTER OF INVITATION
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by oyewolejos(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2008
pls i want to apply for the working holiday maker visa. can anyone help me on how to get a LETTER OF INVITATION my friend who want to send to me betrayed me and gave me an excuse. or anyone with info on how to geta visa to the
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by juditho: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2008
funkybaby thank goodness u re online i need to talk 2 u about smthing buggging moi!pls respond
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2008
juditho:

funkybaby thank goodness u re online i need to talk 2 u about smthing buggging moi!please respond

just post your questions here, okay? thanks smiley

i am just to busy and lazy to reply mails.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mararesa(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2008
hello All
I Appealed 2007 and now my appeal has been granted, I was told to come with an updated letter of admission and updated finances letter and have seen that the same applies to others in this forum. The admission letter I have was sent in 2007 but says I have been admitted for a course starting september 2008. Will this be accepted?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by juditho: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2008
ty4real hi i read ur story and im impressed i need 2 ask u a few questions though
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2008
saysth:

I knew it was going to be difficult, but my main problem is how to retrieve my WEAC certificate from Abuja embassy now. Even though I have WAEC sent a copy of the result confirmation to confirm the authenticity of the certificate to the Tribunaland the Embassy. What I have wt me is d photocopy I made before application of the WAEC Cert.

I am thinking of wrting and /or email the Embassy (Abuja) once again to release my Certificate so I can get it to WAEC for for re-issuance of new Certificate. I can tell you that I got a good means to get this new certificate, but I need to clear this immigration history and the mess he might cause me in the nearest future. I can even think of making fresh application after this is solved.

Thanks very much, as I await your views and advice.

FYI,
The embassy have no right to with hold your WAEC certificate(either for forgery or otherwise).They are suppose to lodged the case with the Police and deposit the certificate as an exhibit.The onus is now on you to clear the issue with the Police with a proof of the originality of the document(alibi).
Regarding your sponsor ,the company as you are aware is a legal entity and the finance/account belongs to the company and not your sponsor.Except there is a deed that specific a relationship between you and the company by way of employer-employee relationship or a WILL assigning the company to sponsor your education/undertakings in a situation of death of your parent/relation/major share holder  etc.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
juditho:

ty4real hi i read your story and im impressed i need 2 ask u a few questions though

Whats your question all about,you can post it here or somthing
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2008
hmmm ty4real d mysterious bobo grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by juditho: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2008
is it possible for smone on a student visa in the uk to invite some one 2 visit? pls i need the experts in on this
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pharuk: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2008
ALL protocols observed
i really need as much help as required, i have an unconditional offer from University of Greenwich and Sheffield Hallam University for the same course but Sheff. is 3000 pounds higher but its not a problem, my mum feels sheffield is better since things are a bit cheaper than Greenwich which is in the heart of london (south-east), so i havnt made a firm decision yet. (the offer is for sept 2008)
Now bankPhb is my sponsor (education eloan in collaboration with British embassy) so my question is that
1. i just finished service and am not working, how do i get a bank statement or do i need one?
2. am paying full tuition and acomodation do i still need to bring landed property and all that, though my mum is my primary sponsor and she submitted her collateral for the loan.
3. infact what do i need to make it sucessfull!
pls help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sureng: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2008
oh my frnds, my luvn kind nigerians, thnks fr all ur helpppp,
really thnks, i gave lods of trouble fr u all,
[b]NOW I AM IN LONDON, CAME LAST WEEK, SORRY FR THE LATE REPLY[/b]i was busyyyy
went to college yesterday.changed my course to BCS software engineering,
i got 2 years visa, bt thz course is 3 and half years,
thnks fr all ur helpp,
especially funkybabyyy,pataki an dakolowole lol
thnks again,
i luv thzx country, its kooool
white chicks, omg i avent seen chicks lyk thz b4,
thnk u again, luv u all
i wanna send sm choco fr ma funky, cn u send ur address to mail address funky??
suren555@hotmail.com
thnks again
im gonna miss u all guys
luv u so mucch
babye
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by JCDejiM: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2008
@ Every1 In Da House !!

I Received My Application With Appeal On It Just Last Week,
So I Wanna Appeal WithOut Any Lawyer/Representative/Sponsor,
Can Someone Just Put Me Through How I Go About It?
Pls I Need Just Full & Step Detail,
Thanks For Being, LOL
1Luv
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:06am On Jun 20, 2008
JCDeji.M:

@ Every1 In Da House !!

I Received My Application With Appeal On It Just Last Week,
So I Wanna Appeal WithOut Any Lawyer/Representative/Sponsor,
Can Someone Just Put Me Through How I Go About It?
Please I Need Just Full & Step Detail,
Thanks For Being, LOL
1Luv

I sympathise with you for your visa refusal. Bus as for the appeal: there's absolutely no need to employ a lawyer knowing fully well that even a Lawyer neither enjoys any immunity nor preferential treatment when it comes to visa matter. Remember that a visa is not your legal right, but a privilege. So, an appeal is an occasion giving you the opportunity to prove yourself worthy of such privilege.
I know that in the appeal form, you're asked if someone is going to represent you; that's because the BHC expects the possibility of a sponsor (if any, especially one of British citizen) to take up a legal challenge on your behalf. But in your case, i don't see any need for a paid lawyer because, you're not entitled to any legal rights, but privilege.
But going for appeal might be too long a process, especially as the visa you sought is for a specific duration and purpose which might become invalid by the time your appeal is due.
I suggest rectification of error(s) and reapplying, but if you can't do any better, then, keep your struggle for a future date when you'd be better prepared.
However, if i may ask; on what ground were you refused the visa?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:52am On Jun 20, 2008
juditho:

is it possible for smone on a student visa in the uk to invite some one 2 visit? please i need the experts in on this

Yes, it is possible but it depends largely on your relationship with the student and the reason .eg. The student's graduation ceremony,etc. I am not sure but i think students are limited to inviting only two people (on whatever grounds) but like i said i am not very sure oh.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2008
pharuk:

ALL protocols observed
i really need as much help as required, i have an unconditional offer from University of Greenwich and Sheffield Hallam University for the same course but Sheff. is 3000 pounds higher but its not a problem, my mum feels sheffield is better since things are a bit cheaper than Greenwich which is in the heart of london (south-east), so i havnt made a firm decision yet. (the offer is for sept 2008)
Now bankPhb is my sponsor (education eloan in collaboration with British embassy) so my question is that
1. i just finished service and am not working, how do i get a bank statement or do i need one?
2. am paying full tuition and acomodation do i still need to bring landed property and all that, though my mum is my primary sponsor and she submitted her collateral for the loan.
3. infact what do i need to make it sucessfull!
please help

I saw your question on another thread asking which of the two schools you should go to. I prefer Sheffield.

It will be really difficult for you to hear any success story on anyone that has gotten student visa through the educational loan scheme and this is because it has just being recently introduced in naija. You do not need any bank statement, after all you are not working. If your mum has other property deeds excluding the one she has used to secure the loan, you can include it. However, you seem good to go. Keep us posted on the outcome of your application.

Best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2008
sureng:

oh my frnds, my luvn kind nigerians, thnks fr all your helpppp,
really thnks, i gave lods of trouble fr u all,
[b]NOW I AM IN LONDON, CAME LAST WEEK, SORRY FR THE LATE REPLY[/b]i was busyyyy
went to college yesterday.changed my course to BCS software engineering,
i got 2 years visa, bt thz course is 3 and half years,
thnks fr all your helpp,
especially funkybabyyy,pataki an dakolowole lol
thnks again,
i love  thzx country, its kooool
white chicks, omg i avent seen chicks like thz before,
thnk u again, love u all
i want to send sm choco fr ma funky, cn u send your address to mail address funky??
suren555@hotmail.com
thnks again
im going to miss u all guys
love u so mucch
babye

Sureng, lol. I have seen your post everywhere.
Congratulations. smiley  I am really happy for you. Lol. Take it easy on the white chicks though. Lol. wink
Lol. Phew. Finally, i can have breathing space. Lol.
Chocolates? Lol. Noted !

Since you've decided to change your course to another which is for three and a half years and your visa is only valid for two years, i hope you will not have problems/issues with that few years from now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
@oyewole jos
I don't think you need any invitation letter for WHM.click this link to get the details and incase you need any help, post it here and people will react.

for details, click on this
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf15workingholidaymakers

and if you need help, let me know.
Working in the uk?? click this link
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bomata: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2008
please am about to apply for student visa, am paying full tuition .i want to use my sister as my sponsor,she lives in the US,she runs a joint account with her husband.but my problem is the account balance is ($19,491) N2.3M which is small. so i want to add my dad as co sponsor.Currently he is not working he resigned from his job January 2007 , his shares is valued at N1.8 M and has an acct balance of N800,000 and £600 in his old backlays bank acct.

PLS i need advise on this,if i can use this two account looking at it that my dad is no more working though his account balance and shares are the amount left from the money paid to him(N10m) when he resigned after he invested in property.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bowa(m): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2008
In as much you are paying the full tuition fee, I don't think you would have any problem with either the balance or the sponsor. Just make sure you're submitting the required documents for both sponsor and yours. Wishing the the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:41pm On Jun 26, 2008
@VOR

Were you a regular on Bus 109 stopping somewhere after Streatham common?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Bomata
You can go ahead with the application. But make sure you include all those documents you talked about> Just pray and the Lord will help you.
Those white punks at the BHC at times do crazee.Most times they dont examine Visa application carefully even with all correct documentation submitted, they still refuse people.it is not about having millions in acct, but aw far you can defend the source of the pay.
Goodluck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bomata: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
thanks guseman,
my major concern is just that of my dad that has retired and no major income like that again and does not have much in his account he has just (1.8m worth of shares,800k and £600 in his old backlays bank acct.)
and i think i cant use that of my sister alone.(2.3m).
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2008
Akolawole:

@VOR

Were you a regular on Bus 109 stopping somewhere after Streatham common?

No be me Ako. Last time I was on that route was probably more than 10 years ago.
Why do you ask?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2008
Saw somebody like you on that bus.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ajile2: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2008
hi house

pls i need your help,like they say once beaten twice shy.

i was denied student u.k visa jan this year.i paid 50% fees and 6 weeks accommodation deposit.

the excuse was that my sponsor (my bro) didnt include his personal acct info,cos i submitted his company in which he is the CEO accounts.

i didnt go for appeal ,then.

my case now.
i want to reapply next week.

ve paid the whole school fees.

same school same course,but now september year.

dropping same company's account together with my bros personal account.

to answer what ve been going since january,i now ve my bros company I.D Card,and ve also filled it in my form thatafter my studies i intend coming back to the company to work.

what else do you think i should do ,help me house i dont want to be denied this time.

quick response pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.